|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Ivan ponder his broader concept about life before his actual death?
(a) Two hours.
(b) Moments before.
(c) One hour.
(d) A half hour.
2. In Chapter 11, what does his awareness about his deceptions cause Ivan to do?
(b) Beg forgiveness.
(d) Groan aloud.
3. How does Gerasim treat Ivan?
(a) As if he will be left some money if he is nice to Ivan.
(b) The same as everyone else.
(c) As though he is glad to see Ivan go.
(d) He is cheerful and kind and does not pretend Ivan will get well.
4. In Chapter 10, how does Ivan feel about his memories of the past?
(a) The memories are joyful.
(b) The memories devastating.
(c) The memories are painful.
(d) The memories are shocking.
5. What does Ivan think may have been real after all?
(a) The revulsion he felt for his wife all those years ago.
(b) The desire to become a doctor.
(c) His non-conformist urges.
(d) The feelings he had for Peter's wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who seems to answer Ivan's questions?
2. By Chapter 10, how does Ivan feel in his thoughts?
3. One evening, Ivan's wife comes into his room to visit dressed how?
4. How does Ivan's wife explain why she ordered what she did in Chapter 8?
5. What has Ivan stopped doing?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)