|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much does Ivan sleep?
(a) All the time.
(b) All day but not at night.
(c) Four hours a night on good nights.
(d) As little as he eats.
2. Why does the specialist's visit cause Ivan more pain?
(a) Because he cuts Ivan at the wrists to allow the impurities of his blood to leave the body.
(b) Because Ivan can't bear to see yet another doctor.
(c) Because he does many painful tests.
(d) It gives Ivan a brief moment of false hope.
3. What does Ivan realize about his life once he feels he is pushed through the hole?
(a) That it was wonderful.
(b) That his life wasn't worth living.
(c) That he did the best he could.
(d) That he didn't live it well, but it doesn't matter.
4. How does Ivan react to what his wife wants to do when she returns from the theater?
(a) He pretends to be asleep.
(b) He sends her away.
(c) He welcomes her company.
(d) He asks her to tell him all about the concert.
5. What characters are mentioned in Chapter 9?
(a) Ivan's wife, Ivan, and Ivan's daughter.
(b) Ivan's wife and Ivan.
(c) Ivan's wife, Ivan, and God.
(d) Ivan's wife, Ivan, and Ivan's son.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Ivan begin to question in Chapter 9?
2. His memories of the past lead Ivan specifically to where?
3. Ivan compares the doctor's visit to what?
4. What does Ivan begin to review in Chapter 11?
5. What does Ivan realize the further back in his memories he goes?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)