|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ivan figure out in Chapter 10 about his life?
(a) That his family is all he needs.
(b) That he could have done things differently if he had gotten that promotion.
(c) That he should have married his true love.
(d) That his life is a web of lies.
2. What is the hardest thing for Ivan to bear?
(a) The pain.
(b) That others have to be involved in his excretions.
(c) Not being able to eat his favorite foods.
(d) Not being able to sleep much.
3. How bad are the affects of these medicines?
(a) They make him so sick he tries to avoid taking them.
(b) As bad as the pain that they are supposed to relieve.
(c) Bad, but at least they relieve the pain.
(d) Not bad at all.
4. What has Ivan stopped doing?
5. Ivan compares the doctor's visit to what?
(a) The hope of a church service.
(b) Premature death.
(c) The lies of lawyers in the courts.
(d) The time he's spent in the company of his friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. His memories make it difficult for Ivan to do what?
2. What medicines are often given to Ivan?
3. What does Ivan realize the further back in his memories he goes?
4. How does Ivan respond to his wife entering his room?
5. In Chapter 10, how does Ivan feel about his memories of the past?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)