|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Ivan stopped thinking about by chapter 10?
(a) How to get the promotion he felt he was due.
(c) His appendix and his kidney.
(d) His work.
2. Who insisted that Ivan's wife and family go out?
(a) Ivan's daughter.
(b) The doctor.
(c) Ivan's wife.
3. Where does Ivan live in his thoughts?
(a) Happily at home with his family.
(b) At his old job, having gotten the promotion he expected.
(c) In memories of the past.
(d) With his friends in the residence hall when he was at school.
4. How do most people act toward Ivan?
(a) They avoid him.
(b) They pretend he is not dying.
(c) They are happy to finally be rid of him.
(d) They already mourn his death.
5. What does Ivan realize in Chapter 7?
(a) That he is not as sick as he has thought.
(b) That everyone is waiting for him to die.
(c) That he misses work terribly.
(d) That his wife doesn't love him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ivan realize when he looks back at his life?
2. What does Ivan think may have been real after all?
3. How long does Ivan ponder his broader concept about life before his actual death?
4. One evening, Ivan's wife comes into his room to visit dressed how?
5. How does Ivan respond to his wife entering his room?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)