|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Ivan's family going to see at the end of Chatper 8?
(a) Charles Dicksons.
(b) Enrico Caruso.
(c) Sarah Bernhardt.
(d) Harry Houdini.
2. How do most people treat Ivan's dying?
(a) As a relief.
(b) As a tragedy.
(c) As an opportunity to show their love for him.
(d) As an imposition.
3. What does the idea that he hasn't lived a good life stop Ivan from being able to do?
(b) Moving forward.
(c) getting better.
(d) being soothed.
4. For Ivan, what does the thought that he hasn't lived a good life cause?
(a) More suffering.
(b) To be unable to see his family.
(c) To be unable to eat.
(d) To be unable to sleep.
5. His memories make it difficult for Ivan to do what?
(a) Face the truth of the life he created for himself as an adult.
(b) Deal with the pain.
(c) Face the fact that he is dying.
(d) Stay in the present.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Ivan ponder his broader concept about life before his actual death?
2. Who seems to answer Ivan's questions?
3. How much time has passed at the beginning of Chapter 11?
4. What does Ivan think he was too quick to do?
5. How often does Ivan experience physical pain?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)