|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For Ivan, what does the thought that he hasn't lived a good life cause?
(a) To be unable to eat.
(b) To be unable to see his family.
(c) More suffering.
(d) To be unable to sleep.
2. What medicines are often given to Ivan?
(a) Penicillin and morphine.
(b) Opium and morphine.
(c) There is no medicine that can help Ivan.
(d) Penicillin and opium.
3. What does Ivan try to hang onto at the end of his life?
(a) His family.
(b) His belief in God.
(c) His last breath.
(d) The notion that his life has been a good one.
4. What does Ivan find once he feels he is pushed through the hole?
(a) The ability to spend his last moments with his family.
(b) LIght at the bottom.
(d) Strength to deal with the pain.
5. His memories of the past lead Ivan specifically to where?
(a) His childhood.
(b) The day he met his wife.
(d) That fateful day he fell off the step ladder.
Short Answer Questions
1. What month of Ivan's illness begins Chapter 7?
2. Who insisted that Ivan's wife and family go out?
3. What does Ivan realize the further back in his memories he goes?
4. What does Ivan realize about his life once he feels he is pushed through the hole?
5. How does Ivan feel when his wife enters his room in Chapter 8?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)