|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Ivan stopped doing?
2. How do most people act toward Ivan?
(a) They pretend he is not dying.
(b) They already mourn his death.
(c) They are happy to finally be rid of him.
(d) They avoid him.
3. What does Ivan ask of God?
(a) To be cured.
(b) To live as he used to - well and pleasantly.
(c) To take care of his family when he is gone.
(d) To explain why God is allowing him to be in such pain.
4. How does Ivan react to what his wife wants to do when she returns from the theater?
(a) He welcomes her company.
(b) He pretends to be asleep.
(c) He sends her away.
(d) He asks her to tell him all about the concert.
5. In Chapter 10, where is Ivan for the next two weeks?
(a) In his bed.
(b) In the hospital.
(c) In the doctor's back room.
(d) On his sofa that he never leaves.
Short Answer Questions
1. How often does Ivan experience physical pain?
2. In Chapter 11, what does his awareness about his deceptions cause Ivan to do?
3. What does food become to Ivan?
4. How much time has passed at the beginning of Chapter 11?
5. Who insisted that Ivan's wife and family go out?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)