|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ivan's wife tell him to do in Chapter 9?
(a) Take some opium.
(b) Open his window.
(c) Eat something.
(d) Go to sleep.
2. What does Ivan think may have been real after all?
(a) His non-conformist urges.
(b) The revulsion he felt for his wife all those years ago.
(c) The feelings he had for Peter's wife.
(d) The desire to become a doctor.
3. Ivan compares the doctor's visit to what?
(a) Premature death.
(b) The hope of a church service.
(c) The lies of lawyers in the courts.
(d) The time he's spent in the company of his friends.
4. What does food become to Ivan?
(c) It all taste like iron because of the medication he takes.
(d) A distraction from the pain.
5. Which character is introduced in Chapter 7?
(a) Peter Ivanovich.
(b) Vladimir Ivanich.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Ivan stopped thinking about by chapter 10?
2. Why does the specialist's visit cause Ivan more pain?
3. How long does Ivan ponder his broader concept about life before his actual death?
4. What does Ivan think he was too quick to do?
5. Who insisted that Ivan's wife and family go out?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)