|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How bad are the affects of these medicines?
(a) Not bad at all.
(b) They make him so sick he tries to avoid taking them.
(c) Bad, but at least they relieve the pain.
(d) As bad as the pain that they are supposed to relieve.
2. What characters are mentioned in Chapter 9?
(a) Ivan's wife and Ivan.
(b) Ivan's wife, Ivan, and Ivan's daughter.
(c) Ivan's wife, Ivan, and Ivan's son.
(d) Ivan's wife, Ivan, and God.
3. In Chapter 11, what does Ivan do at his wife's suggestion?
(a) Take another dose of medicine.
(b) Let the fresh air in by opening the window of his room.
(d) Take communion.
4. What does Ivan begin to review in Chapter 11?
(a) The proposal he gave his wife so long ago.
(b) His whole life and all his relationships.
(c) The speech he wants to give to his soon to be son-in-law.
(d) The periodic table.
5. How do most people act toward Ivan?
(a) They avoid him.
(b) They are happy to finally be rid of him.
(c) They already mourn his death.
(d) They pretend he is not dying.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much time has passed at the beginning of Chapter 11?
2. Others see Ivan twitch and gasp for two more hours, but Ivan experiences what?
3. What medicines are often given to Ivan?
4. How does Ivan react to what his wife wants to do when she returns from the theater?
5. What has Ivan stopped thinking about by chapter 10?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)