|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. His memories make it difficult for Ivan to do what?
(a) Stay in the present.
(b) Deal with the pain.
(c) Face the truth of the life he created for himself as an adult.
(d) Face the fact that he is dying.
2. When Ivan's son enters his room, what does his son do?
(a) He cries quietly.
(b) He stands by his mother silently.
(c) He catches Ivan's flailing hand and kisses it.
(d) He lays his head on Ivan's chest.
3. What does Ivan begin to review in Chapter 11?
(a) The periodic table.
(b) The speech he wants to give to his soon to be son-in-law.
(c) The proposal he gave his wife so long ago.
(d) His whole life and all his relationships.
4. What does Ivan realize in Chapter 7?
(a) That everyone is waiting for him to die.
(b) That he misses work terribly.
(c) That he is not as sick as he has thought.
(d) That his wife doesn't love him.
5. Why does the specialist's visit cause Ivan more pain?
(a) Because Ivan can't bear to see yet another doctor.
(b) It gives Ivan a brief moment of false hope.
(c) Because he cuts Ivan at the wrists to allow the impurities of his blood to leave the body.
(d) Because he does many painful tests.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 11, what does Ivan do at his wife's suggestion?
2. Where does Ivan live in his thoughts?
3. How do Ivan's drugs help his wife and doctors?
4. Why does Ivan's wife enter his room in Chapter 11?
5. What affects do these medicines have on Ivan?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)