|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ivan feel when his wife enters his room in Chapter 8?
(c) Surrounded by lies.
(d) Sad to think he must soon leave her.
2. In Chapter 11, Ivan sees that his deceptions have done what?
(a) Strained his frienship with Peter.
(b) Distanced he and his wife.
(c) Hidden both life and death from him.
(d) Distance himself from his children.
3. What does Ivan try to hang onto at the end of his life?
(a) The notion that his life has been a good one.
(b) His belief in God.
(c) His family.
(d) His last breath.
4. How does Gerasim treat Ivan?
(a) As if he will be left some money if he is nice to Ivan.
(b) As though he is glad to see Ivan go.
(c) He is cheerful and kind and does not pretend Ivan will get well.
(d) The same as everyone else.
5. What does Ivan's wife tell him to do in Chapter 9?
(a) Eat something.
(b) Open his window.
(c) Go to sleep.
(d) Take some opium.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ivan say his mental pain is worse?
2. How do Ivan's drugs help his wife and doctors?
3. What has Ivan's wife ordered in Chapter 8?
4. What explanation has Ivan for the realizations about his memories?
5. His memories of the past lead Ivan specifically to where?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)