|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ivan's wife tell him to do in Chapter 9?
(a) Go to sleep.
(b) Eat something.
(c) Open his window.
(d) Take some opium.
2. What does Ivan struggle with during the last three days of his life?
(a) The pain.
(b) The bright light.
(c) The bleeding.
(d) The black sack.
3. His memories of the past lead Ivan specifically to where?
(a) The day he met his wife.
(b) His childhood.
(c) That fateful day he fell off the step ladder.
4. By Chapter 10, how does Ivan feel in his thoughts?
5. When Ivan's son enters his room, what does his son do?
(a) He lays his head on Ivan's chest.
(b) He catches Ivan's flailing hand and kisses it.
(c) He stands by his mother silently.
(d) He cries quietly.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much time has passed at the beginning of Chapter 11?
2. Why does the specialist's visit cause Ivan more pain?
3. Who insisted that Ivan's wife and family go out?
4. What has Ivan stopped doing?
5. Why does Ivan try to hang onto what he does at the end of his life?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)