|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ivan say his mental pain is worse?
(a) He cannot believe that he is dying from falling off a step ladder.
(b) One moment he wants it all to be over. The next moment he doesn't want to die.
(c) He wishes he had never left his old job and bought this house.
(d) He cannot bear to leave his family.
2. What has Ivan's wife ordered in Chapter 8?
(a) That the windows in Ivan's room be opened to let the fresh air in.
(b) Everyone to leave Ivan's room.
(c) A visit from a celebrated specialist.
(d) That Ivan stop pitying himself.
3. How much time has passed at the beginning of Chapter 11?
(a) One year.
(b) Two months.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Two days.
4. Who does Ivan begin to question in Chapter 9?
(c) His wife.
(d) The doctor.
5. What does Ivan seriously consider in Chapter 11?
(a) Living to see his daughter married.
(b) The idea that he has lived wrongly.
(c) Murdering his wife.
(d) That he is dying.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ivan try to hang onto at the end of his life?
2. What does Ivan realize in Chapter 7?
3. How do Ivan's drugs help his wife and doctors?
4. What does Ivan struggle with during the last three days of his life?
5. His memories of the past lead Ivan specifically to where?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)