|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ivan try to hang onto at the end of his life?
(a) The notion that his life has been a good one.
(b) His belief in God.
(c) His last breath.
(d) His family.
2. What does Ivan think may have been real after all?
(a) His non-conformist urges.
(b) The feelings he had for Peter's wife.
(c) The revulsion he felt for his wife all those years ago.
(d) The desire to become a doctor.
3. What has Ivan's wife ordered in Chapter 8?
(a) That Ivan stop pitying himself.
(b) That the windows in Ivan's room be opened to let the fresh air in.
(c) A visit from a celebrated specialist.
(d) Everyone to leave Ivan's room.
4. Of what does Ivan's wife try to convince him?
(a) That she is sorry he bought the new house.
(b) That he looks better everyday.
(c) That she has ordered the specialist for him.
(d) That she loves him more than ever.
5. How does Gerasim treat Ivan?
(a) As if he will be left some money if he is nice to Ivan.
(b) As though he is glad to see Ivan go.
(c) The same as everyone else.
(d) He is cheerful and kind and does not pretend Ivan will get well.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Ivan recognize that his real life began to ebb?
2. How does Ivan feel when his wife enters his room in Chapter 8?
3. Why does Ivan's wife enter his room in Chapter 11?
4. Why does Ivan try to hang onto what he does at the end of his life?
5. In Chapter 10, where is Ivan for the next two weeks?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)