|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ivan's wife enter his room in Chapter 11?
(a) To bring him something to eat.
(b) To tell Ivan that their daughter's fiance has finally proposed.
(c) To keep him company.
(d) To make him comfortabe.
2. What broader concept about life does Ivan come to see once he feels he is pushed through the hole?
(a) That life is a struggle.
(b) That life is meant to be difficult.
(c) That life is a cabaret.
(d) That it can be lived well even if he didn't live well.
3. Where does Ivan live in his thoughts?
(a) In memories of the past.
(b) With his friends in the residence hall when he was at school.
(c) At his old job, having gotten the promotion he expected.
(d) Happily at home with his family.
4. What explanation has Ivan for the realizations about his memories?
(a) He raised his own children the way he was raised.
(b) He has not lived as he ought.
(c) He was raised by good parents.
(d) He lived as he should have.
5. How much does Ivan sleep?
(a) All the time.
(b) Four hours a night on good nights.
(c) All day but not at night.
(d) As little as he eats.
Short Answer Questions
1. By Chapter 10, how does Ivan feel in his thoughts?
2. When does Ivan recognize that his real life began to ebb?
3. Instead, what does Ivan think about in Chapter 10?
4. What does Ivan realize the further back in his memories he goes?
5. How do most people treat Ivan's dying?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)