|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character is introduced in Chapter 7?
(b) Peter Ivanovich.
(c) Vladimir Ivanich.
2. What does Ivan seriously consider in Chapter 11?
(a) The idea that he has lived wrongly.
(b) Living to see his daughter married.
(c) Murdering his wife.
(d) That he is dying.
3. How does Ivan's wife explain why she ordered what she did in Chapter 8?
(a) She is certain this doctor can cure Ivan.
(b) To put her mind at ease.
(c) Fresh air will will rid Ivan's room of impurities.
(d) Because she can see Ivan is tired and needs rest.
4. One evening, Ivan's wife comes into his room to visit dressed how?
(a) For the theater.
(b) For a trip.
(c) For a funeral.
(d) For a visit from another specialist.
5. How does Ivan respond to his wife entering his room?
(a) Ivan welcomes the company.
(b) Ivan angrily asks her to let him die in peace.
(c) Ivan refuses to speak to her.
(d) Ivan cries inconsolably.
Short Answer Questions
1. Others see Ivan twitch and gasp for two more hours, but Ivan experiences what?
2. What does Ivan begin to review in Chapter 11?
3. What explanation has Ivan for the realizations about his memories?
4. When does Ivan recognize that his real life began to ebb?
5. Why does Ivan say his mental pain is worse?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)