|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What affects do these medicines have on Ivan?
(a) They make him sleep most of the time.
(b) They make him depressed.
(c) They make him delusional.
(d) They relieve his pain.
2. What does Ivan think he was too quick to do?
(a) Get up from his sofa.
(b) Leave his room.
(c) Yell at his wife.
(d) Suppress his attempts to resist what others considered good.
3. What broader concept about life does Ivan come to see once he feels he is pushed through the hole?
(a) That life is meant to be difficult.
(b) That it can be lived well even if he didn't live well.
(c) That life is a struggle.
(d) That life is a cabaret.
4. Where does Ivan live in his thoughts?
(a) With his friends in the residence hall when he was at school.
(b) In memories of the past.
(c) Happily at home with his family.
(d) At his old job, having gotten the promotion he expected.
5. In Chapter 10, how does Ivan feel about his memories of the past?
(a) The memories devastating.
(b) The memories are painful.
(c) The memories are joyful.
(d) The memories are shocking.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ivan say his mental pain is worse?
2. Who seems to answer Ivan's questions?
3. Which character is introduced in Chapter 7?
4. What does Ivan realize when he looks back at his life?
5. What explanation has Ivan for the realizations about his memories?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)