|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ivan respond to his wife entering his room?
(a) Ivan angrily asks her to let him die in peace.
(b) Ivan refuses to speak to her.
(c) Ivan cries inconsolably.
(d) Ivan welcomes the company.
2. How bad are the affects of these medicines?
(a) As bad as the pain that they are supposed to relieve.
(b) Not bad at all.
(c) They make him so sick he tries to avoid taking them.
(d) Bad, but at least they relieve the pain.
3. Ivan compares the doctor's visit to what?
(a) The hope of a church service.
(b) The time he's spent in the company of his friends.
(c) Premature death.
(d) The lies of lawyers in the courts.
4. Which character is introduced in Chapter 7?
(a) Vladimir Ivanich.
(d) Peter Ivanovich.
5. What month of Ivan's illness begins Chapter 7?
Short Answer Questions
1. Others see Ivan twitch and gasp for two more hours, but Ivan experiences what?
2. What has Ivan's wife ordered in Chapter 8?
3. What medicines are often given to Ivan?
4. What does Ivan realize in Chapter 7?
5. By Chapter 10, how does Ivan feel in his thoughts?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)