|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Ivan stopped doing?
2. How does Ivan react to what his wife wants to do when she returns from the theater?
(a) He welcomes her company.
(b) He pretends to be asleep.
(c) He sends her away.
(d) He asks her to tell him all about the concert.
3. Who does Ivan begin to question in Chapter 9?
(b) His wife.
(c) The doctor.
4. How do most people act toward Ivan?
(a) They already mourn his death.
(b) They are happy to finally be rid of him.
(c) They pretend he is not dying.
(d) They avoid him.
5. What does Ivan think he was too quick to do?
(a) Yell at his wife.
(b) Get up from his sofa.
(c) Leave his room.
(d) Suppress his attempts to resist what others considered good.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the idea that he hasn't lived a good life stop Ivan from being able to do?
2. For Ivan, what does the thought that he hasn't lived a good life cause?
3. What does Ivan seriously consider in Chapter 11?
4. What does Ivan think may have been real after all?
5. How do Ivan's drugs help his wife and doctors?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)