|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Ivan stopped thinking about by chapter 10?
(a) His work.
(b) How to get the promotion he felt he was due.
(d) His appendix and his kidney.
2. What broader concept about life does Ivan come to see once he feels he is pushed through the hole?
(a) That life is meant to be difficult.
(b) That life is a cabaret.
(c) That it can be lived well even if he didn't live well.
(d) That life is a struggle.
3. Why does Ivan's wife enter his room in Chapter 11?
(a) To keep him company.
(b) To make him comfortabe.
(c) To bring him something to eat.
(d) To tell Ivan that their daughter's fiance has finally proposed.
4. What does Ivan struggle with during the last three days of his life?
(a) The black sack.
(b) The pain.
(c) The bleeding.
(d) The bright light.
5. How much does Ivan sleep?
(a) All day but not at night.
(b) As little as he eats.
(c) Four hours a night on good nights.
(d) All the time.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ivan realize when he looks back at his life?
2. Which character is introduced in Chapter 7?
3. What has Ivan's wife ordered in Chapter 8?
4. Ivan compares the doctor's visit to what?
5. How does Ivan respond to his wife entering his room?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)