Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Ivan stopped doing?
2. One evening, Ivan's wife comes into his room to visit dressed how?
(a) For a visit from another specialist.
(b) For a funeral.
(c) For a trip.
(d) For the theater.
3. In Chapter 10, where is Ivan for the next two weeks?
(a) In the doctor's back room.
(b) On his sofa that he never leaves.
(c) In his bed.
(d) In the hospital.
4. What does food become to Ivan?
(c) It all taste like iron because of the medication he takes.
(d) A distraction from the pain.
5. What has Ivan stopped thinking about by chapter 10?
(a) How to get the promotion he felt he was due.
(c) His work.
(d) His appendix and his kidney.
6. How does Ivan relieve his suffering that night in Chapter 9?
(a) He has a good cry.
(b) He listens to his daughter sing softly.
(c) He calls his son to his side.
(d) He takes more medicine than the doctor suggested.
7. Who insisted that Ivan's wife and family go out?
(a) Ivan's wife.
(b) Ivan's daughter.
(d) The doctor.
8. Why does Ivan's wife enter his room in Chapter 11?
(a) To keep him company.
(b) To tell Ivan that their daughter's fiance has finally proposed.
(c) To make him comfortabe.
(d) To bring him something to eat.
9. What explanation has Ivan for the realizations about his memories?
(a) He lived as he should have.
(b) He has not lived as he ought.
(c) He raised his own children the way he was raised.
(d) He was raised by good parents.
10. When does Ivan recognize that his real life began to ebb?
(a) The more he has gone up in public opinion during his adult life.
(b) The moment he fell off the step ladder.
(c) When he married.
(d) When he failed to get the promotion at his old job.
11. In Chapter 11, Ivan sees that his deceptions have done what?
(a) Distanced he and his wife.
(b) Distance himself from his children.
(c) Strained his frienship with Peter.
(d) Hidden both life and death from him.
12. Why does Ivan say his mental pain is worse?
(a) One moment he wants it all to be over. The next moment he doesn't want to die.
(b) He cannot believe that he is dying from falling off a step ladder.
(c) He cannot bear to leave his family.
(d) He wishes he had never left his old job and bought this house.
13. How do Ivan's drugs help his wife and doctors?
(a) The drugs make it easier for him to sleep.
(b) The drugs only serve their convenience in keeping Ivan quiet.
(c) The drugs make Ivan easier to be with.
(d) The drugs make them feel better because they ease his pain.
14. What affects do these medicines have on Ivan?
(a) They make him delusional.
(b) They relieve his pain.
(c) They make him sleep most of the time.
(d) They make him depressed.
15. Who seems to answer Ivan's questions?
(c) His wife.
(d) The doctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 10, how does Ivan feel about his memories of the past?
2. What does Ivan realize in Chapter 7?
3. What month of Ivan's illness begins Chapter 7?
4. What does Ivan's wife want to do when she returns from the theater?
5. In Chapter 8, Ivan is angry with whom?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)