Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Chapter 1
1. What is the setting of Chapter 1?
2. Name four components of the plot in Chapter 1.
3. What sort of world has Ivan left behind? Give 3 examples to support your idea(s).
4. How does Gerasim view death?
5. Explain how reactions to Ivan's death by Gerasim and Ivan's son differ from the reactions of all the other characters in Chapter 1.
6. How could Ivan's death serve as an awakening for his lifetime acquaintance, Peter? Does Peter avail himself of this...
This section contains 824 words|
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)