|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ivan Ilych's relationship with his wife affect his work?
(a) He becomes close friends with the judge.
(b) He misses several days.
(c) He becomes more and more ambitious.
(d) He is unprepared for court.
2. In Chapter 11, what does Ivan do at his wife's suggestion?
(b) Take communion.
(c) Let the fresh air in by opening the window of his room.
(d) Take another dose of medicine.
3. His memories of the past lead Ivan specifically to where?
(a) His childhood.
(b) That fateful day he fell off the step ladder.
(d) The day he met his wife.
4. What does Ivan Ilych try to understand?
(a) How his daughter could have accepted such a man's proposal of marriage.
(b) That he is dying.
(c) How he could not have noticed his wife's beauty sooner.
(d) How to arrange his life's work in his memoirs.
5. How does Ivan Ilych's wife behave toward his illness?
(a) She becomes melancholy.
(b) She behaves as if Ivan has created this illness to annoy and inconvenience her.
(c) She avoids Ivan.
(d) She becomes more loving than ever before toward Ivan.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ivan's wife explain why she ordered what she did in Chapter 8?
2. In Chapter 10, where is Ivan for the next two weeks?
3. What does Ivan Ilych consider the worst part of death?
4. When does Ivan Ilych take a leave of absence from his job?
5. What adds to Ivan's suffering?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)