|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ivan Ilych see as "doing his duty?"
(a) To be the best father to his children.
(b) To do whatever pleases those in authority.
(c) To serve the judicial system honorably.
(d) To do whatever pleases his wife.
2. What has Ivan Ilych used as an escape from reality?
(a) Writing his memoirs.
(c) Decorating his house.
(d) Trying to stop the marriage of his daughter.
3. What does Ivan Ilych consider the worst part of death?
(a) That it will take him away from his family.
(b) It allows him no action to take.
(c) That he will never see his new house fully decorated.
(d) The unbearable pain.
4. Who is Ivan Ilych's wife?
(a) Vladimir Ivanich.
(b) Praskovya Fedorovna.
5. When does Ivan Ilych take a leave of absence from his job?
(a) The following year.
(b) The summer of 1865.
(c) The summer of 1880.
(d) The day after he is not promoted.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Ivan's drugs help his wife and doctors?
2. What does Ivan Ilych admit to himself for the first time after seeing himself in the mirror?
3. How much time has passed at the beginning of Chapter 11?
4. When Ivan Ilych discovers what makes his pain worse, how does he deal with it?
5. When does Ivan Ilych believe his illness began?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)