|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what or whom does Peter Ivanovich refuse to yield to?
(a) Any depressing thoughts.
(b) Ivan Ilych.
(c) The bicycle on the left.
(d) The prosecution.
2. What has Ivan's wife ordered in Chapter 8?
(a) Everyone to leave Ivan's room.
(b) That the windows in Ivan's room be opened to let the fresh air in.
(c) A visit from a celebrated specialist.
(d) That Ivan stop pitying himself.
3. Ivan feels no lasting comfort in what?
(a) His memories.
(b) Taking communion.
(c) His wife's presence.
(d) His confession.
4. What does Ivan find once he feels he is pushed through the hole?
(a) The ability to spend his last moments with his family.
(b) LIght at the bottom.
(c) Strength to deal with the pain.
5. Who seems to answer Ivan's questions?
(a) The doctor.
(d) His wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ivan try to hang onto at the end of his life?
2. Why does Ivan Ilych think that his case might not be so serious after all?
3. What is Ivan Ilych forced to do with his thoughts of death?
4. His memories make it difficult for Ivan to do what?
5. How much money does Ivan Ilych need to be paid?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)