|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Ivan's son enters his room, what does his son do?
(a) He catches Ivan's flailing hand and kisses it.
(b) He stands by his mother silently.
(c) He lays his head on Ivan's chest.
(d) He cries quietly.
2. After seeing himself in the mirror, what does Ivan Ilych finally admit to himself?
(a) That he must write his memoirs before it's too late.
(b) That his daughter is marrying the wrong man.
(c) That he is dying.
(d) That his wife is truly beautiful.
3. One evening, Ivan's wife comes into his room to visit dressed how?
(a) For the theater.
(b) For a trip.
(c) For a visit from another specialist.
(d) For a funeral.
4. What has Ivan stopped thinking about by chapter 10?
(a) How to get the promotion he felt he was due.
(c) His work.
(d) His appendix and his kidney.
5. What is wrong with Ivan Ilych's current job?
(a) The workload is too heavy.
(b) There's not enough to do.
(c) The money isn't enough to keep up with his standard of living.
(d) It's boring.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Peter Ivanovich realize as he was speaking to Praskovya Fedorovna?
2. What does Ivan seriously consider in Chapter 11?
3. Ivan Ilych knows he gave his life to what?
4. What does Ivan's wife tell him to do in Chapter 9?
5. How does Ivan Ilych's wife react to each child's loss?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)