|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Peter Ivanovich meet first at Ivan Ilych's house?
(a) Ivan Ilych.
(c) Praskovya Fedorovna.
2. How satisfied with his life is Ivan Ilych?
(b) Only a very small amount.
(c) Not at all.
3. Why does Ivan Ilych try to replace thoughts of death?
(a) He thinks he can still get well.
(b) He thinks he is being foolish.
(c) To protect himself.
(d) He is too busy to think about it.
4. What does Ivan Ilych admit to himself for the first time after seeing himself in the mirror?
(a) That he is dying.
(b) That he really wished he'd gone to medical school instead of becoming a lawyer.
(c) That he is an excellent husband.
(d) That he is a good man.
5. Why does Ivan Ilych take his family there?
(a) To save money.
(b) For a vacation.
(c) For a visit.
(d) To hide from the law.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ivan think he was too quick to do?
2. Where does Ivan try to work?
3. What does Ivan's wife want to do when she returns from the theater?
4. After offering his condolences, what does Peter Ivanovich tell Praskovya Fedorovna?
5. What does Ivan Ilych think his wife wants of him?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)