|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the specialist's visit cause Ivan more pain?
(a) Because he cuts Ivan at the wrists to allow the impurities of his blood to leave the body.
(b) Because he does many painful tests.
(c) Because Ivan can't bear to see yet another doctor.
(d) It gives Ivan a brief moment of false hope.
2. Who is the first character introduced in Chapter 5?
(b) Ivan's brother-in-law.
(c) Ivan's wife.
(d) Ivan's doctor.
3. What are the symptoms that Ivan Ilych has?
(a) He is unable to walk and or lift his right arm.
(b) He had terrible headaches and is balding.
(c) He is thin and yellow.
(d) He has gained a lot of weight and limps.
4. Without the distraction of work, what happens to Ivan Ilych?
(a) He falls in love with another woman.
(b) He falls into a profound depression.
(c) He realizes how much he loves his wife.
(d) He discovers what is wrong with his life.
5. What is the setting of Chapter 1?
(a) The judge's chamber.
(b) Ivan Ilych's house.
(c) The church.
(d) The courtroom.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ivan Ilych try to replace thoughts of death?
2. What does Ivan realize when he looks back at his life?
3. What does Ivan think may have been real after all?
4. How long does Ivan ponder his broader concept about life before his actual death?
5. Where does Ivan Ilych take his family when he takes a leave of absence from his job?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)