|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What profession is Ivan Ilych?
(a) A lawyer.
(b) A judge.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A teacher.
2. His memories make it difficult for Ivan to do what?
(a) Stay in the present.
(b) Deal with the pain.
(c) Face the truth of the life he created for himself as an adult.
(d) Face the fact that he is dying.
3. One evening, Ivan's wife comes into his room to visit dressed how?
(a) For a visit from another specialist.
(b) For a trip.
(c) For the theater.
(d) For a funeral.
4. How many of Ivan Ilych's children die?
5. Why does Ivan Ilych's animosity toward his former colleagues vanish?
(a) They give him the promotion when he returns from his leave of absence.
(b) He realizes he was being foolish.
(c) Ivan Ilych's new position places him two steps above them.
(d) One of his former colleagues asks for his daughter's hand in marriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Ivan begin to question in Chapter 9?
2. Ivan Ilych's chief concern is to what?
3. Who helps Ivan Ilych begin to realize that he is dying?
4. Why does Ivan try to hang onto what he does at the end of his life?
5. Who insisted that Ivan's wife and family go out?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)