|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Ivan Ilych's ambitions resulted in?
(a) Terrible headaches.
(b) Tension between he and his wife.
(c) Alienation of his children.
(d) Increasing levels of power at work.
2. What did Praskovya Fedorovna tell Peter Ivanovich about the main character?
(a) He is excited about his daughter's wedding.
(b) He lay screaming almost non-stop for the last three days.
(c) He is an excellent dancer.
(d) He will make a wonderful grandfather.
3. When Ivan's son enters his room, what does his son do?
(a) He catches Ivan's flailing hand and kisses it.
(b) He lays his head on Ivan's chest.
(c) He stands by his mother silently.
(d) He cries quietly.
4. How do most people act toward Ivan?
(a) They avoid him.
(b) They are happy to finally be rid of him.
(c) They pretend he is not dying.
(d) They already mourn his death.
5. What does Ivan realize about his life once he feels he is pushed through the hole?
(a) That his life wasn't worth living.
(b) That it was wonderful.
(c) That he did the best he could.
(d) That he didn't live it well, but it doesn't matter.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ivan Ilych deal with the revelation in Chapter 6?
2. What does Ivan Ilych recognize in the doctor's professional air?
3. How does Ivan Ilych's wife behave toward his illness?
4. How many of Ivan Ilych's children die?
5. How does Ivan react to what his wife wants to do when she returns from the theater?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)