|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What affects do these medicines have on Ivan?
(a) They make him delusional.
(b) They relieve his pain.
(c) They make him sleep most of the time.
(d) They make him depressed.
2. How does Ivan Ilych's wife react to each child's loss?
(a) She pretends that the child isn't dead for months.
(b) She wants to try for another child immediately.
(c) She becomes more ill temperered.
(d) She decides to have no more children.
3. What does Ivan's wife tell him to do in Chapter 9?
(a) Go to sleep.
(b) Open his window.
(c) Eat something.
(d) Take some opium.
4. After seeing himself in the mirror, what does Ivan Ilych finally admit to himself?
(a) That he must write his memoirs before it's too late.
(b) That his daughter is marrying the wrong man.
(c) That he is dying.
(d) That his wife is truly beautiful.
5. What are the symptoms that Ivan Ilych has?
(a) He has gained a lot of weight and limps.
(b) He is unable to walk and or lift his right arm.
(c) He had terrible headaches and is balding.
(d) He is thin and yellow.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Ivan stopped doing?
2. What has Ivan's wife ordered in Chapter 8?
3. How does Ivan relieve his suffering that night in Chapter 9?
4. His memories make it difficult for Ivan to do what?
5. When Ivan Ilych looks in the mirror some time after greeting his brother-in-law, what does he see for the first time?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)