|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "death will come to everyone as God's will?"
(b) Peter Ivanovich.
(c) Praskovya Fedorovna.
(d) Ivan Ilych's son.
2. With whom does Ivan Ilych play the game that he enjoys?
(a) His friends.
(b) His son.
(d) His wife.
3. Why does Ivan's wife enter his room in Chapter 11?
(a) To keep him company.
(b) To make him comfortabe.
(c) To tell Ivan that their daughter's fiance has finally proposed.
(d) To bring him something to eat.
4. What does Ivan figure out in Chapter 10 about his life?
(a) That he could have done things differently if he had gotten that promotion.
(b) That his life is a web of lies.
(c) That his family is all he needs.
(d) That he should have married his true love.
5. How does Ivan relieve his suffering that night in Chapter 9?
(a) He takes more medicine than the doctor suggested.
(b) He has a good cry.
(c) He calls his son to his side.
(d) He listens to his daughter sing softly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are two of Ivan Ilych's symptoms?
2. What medicines are often given to Ivan?
3. Why does Ivan try to hang onto what he does at the end of his life?
4. How does Ivan feel when his wife enters his room in Chapter 8?
5. Even after Ivan Ilych realizes that he is going to die, what kinds of thoughts does he try to think about?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)