|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Is Ivan Ilych in denial about his condition?
(a) Yes, he refuses to accept the seriousness of his condition.
(b) Yes, and his family is trying to convince him how serious his condition is.
(c) Yes, though his protective shield is starting to crack.
(d) No, he realizes he is going to die and is getting his will in order.
2. What does Ivan Ilych think of his marriage?
(a) It is happy.
(b) It is unhappy.
(c) It is all he ever wanted.
(d) It is exciting.
3. Who helps Ivan Ilych begin to realize that he is dying?
(a) His wife.
(b) His daughter.
(c) His brother-in-law.
(d) His doctor.
4. After seeing himself in the mirror, what does Ivan Ilych finally admit to himself?
(a) That he must write his memoirs before it's too late.
(b) That his daughter is marrying the wrong man.
(c) That his wife is truly beautiful.
(d) That he is dying.
5. What is the conflict in Chapter 5?
(a) Ivan still cannot accept that he may be dying.
(b) Ivan feels that know one is listening to him.
(c) Ivan cannot stay awake, but he has work to do.
(d) Ivan dislikes his brother-in-law but must visit with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ivan Ilych knows he gave his life to what?
2. How does Ivan Ilych's wife behave toward his illness?
3. What characters are mentioned in Chapter 9?
4. How does Ivan Ilych's wife react to each child's loss?
5. What broader concept about life does Ivan come to see once he feels he is pushed through the hole?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)