|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much time has passed at the beginning of Chapter 11?
(a) One year.
(b) Two days.
(c) Two months.
(d) Two weeks.
2. What does the doctor focus on?
(a) How many other patients are waiting to be seen.
(b) Whether or not the doctor has met Ivan before.
(c) Whether or not Ivan can pay the bill.
(d) Whether the pain is coming from the appendix or the kidney.
3. Of what does Ivan's wife try to convince him?
(a) That she is sorry he bought the new house.
(b) That she loves him more than ever.
(c) That she has ordered the specialist for him.
(d) That he looks better everyday.
4. His memories make it difficult for Ivan to do what?
(a) Stay in the present.
(b) Face the truth of the life he created for himself as an adult.
(c) Face the fact that he is dying.
(d) Deal with the pain.
5. What does Ivan Ilych think will solve his new problem?
(a) Go to medical school.
(b) To obtain a new job.
(c) Divorce his wife.
(d) Celebrate his love for his wife with a grand ball.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ivan say his mental pain is worse?
2. What is the hardest thing for Ivan to bear?
3. What does Ivan Ilych see in the eyes of his brother-in-law?
4. By Chapter 10, how does Ivan feel in his thoughts?
5. When does Ivan recognize that his real life began to ebb?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)