|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What adds to Ivan's suffering?
(a) The many tests that the doctor's insist on performing each day.
(b) HIs wife's constant babbling about the house.
(c) He is torn between cooperating and resisting.
(d) The thought that he is dying.
2. How does Ivan feel when his wife enters his room in Chapter 8?
(a) Sad to think he must soon leave her.
(b) Surrounded by lies.
3. What two things that Ivan Ilych hears down the hall makes him react as he does?
(a) His children's youth and abilities.
(b) The intruder's stealth and agility.
(c) His friends' talents and good looks.
(d) His family's good health and merriment.
4. What does Ivan Ilych's wife tell him to do, after he gets back from the doctor?
(a) Go to his bed and rest.
(b) Be quiet.
(c) Take his medicine.
(d) Tell her all about the doctor's visit.
5. How much does Ivan sleep?
(a) All the time.
(b) As little as he eats.
(c) Four hours a night on good nights.
(d) All day but not at night.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ivan realize in Chapter 7?
2. How long ago did Ivan Ilych start his career?
3. Who seems to answer Ivan's questions?
4. What did Peter Ivanovich realize as he was speaking to Praskovya Fedorovna?
5. How does Ivan react to his memories?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)