|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who helps Ivan Ilych begin to realize that he is dying?
(a) His brother-in-law.
(b) His wife.
(c) His doctor.
(d) His daughter.
2. In Chapter 11, what does Ivan do at his wife's suggestion?
(a) Let the fresh air in by opening the window of his room.
(b) Take communion.
(c) Take another dose of medicine.
3. What adds to Ivan's suffering?
(a) He is torn between cooperating and resisting.
(b) HIs wife's constant babbling about the house.
(c) The thought that he is dying.
(d) The many tests that the doctor's insist on performing each day.
4. Why does the specialist's visit cause Ivan more pain?
(a) Because Ivan can't bear to see yet another doctor.
(b) Because he does many painful tests.
(c) Because he cuts Ivan at the wrists to allow the impurities of his blood to leave the body.
(d) It gives Ivan a brief moment of false hope.
5. How many of Ivan Ilych's children die?
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Ivan's wife ordered in Chapter 8?
2. Why does Ivan say his mental pain is worse?
3. What does food become to Ivan?
4. When does Ivan Ilych take a leave of absence from his job?
5. What does Ivan realize about his life once he feels he is pushed through the hole?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)