|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What game does Ivan Ilych like to play?
2. In Chapter 6, is Ivan able to replace his thoughts of death?
(a) No, not all the time.
(b) Yes, but it takes time.
(c) No, it doesn't work anymore.
(d) Yes, it works brilliantly.
3. Why does Ivan Ilych have difficulty working?
(a) Because death intrudes his thoughts there, too.
(b) Because he's been away from work for too long.
(c) Because he isn't as interested in it as he used to be.
(d) Because the pain is too great.
4. What year is it in the novel?
5. Is Ivan Ilych in denial about his condition?
(a) Yes, though his protective shield is starting to crack.
(b) Yes, and his family is trying to convince him how serious his condition is.
(c) No, he realizes he is going to die and is getting his will in order.
(d) Yes, he refuses to accept the seriousness of his condition.
Short Answer Questions
1. What relationship is the main character to Peter Ivanovich?
2. How does Ivan respond to his wife entering his room?
3. What medicines are often given to Ivan?
4. Why doesn't Ivan Ilych change his life?
5. What does Ivan realize the further back in his memories he goes?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)