|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ivan Ilych's view his life?
(a) Exactly the way he hoped it would be.
(b) As exciting.
(c) As extraordinary.
(d) As most ordinary.
2. How does Ivan respond to his wife entering his room?
(a) Ivan welcomes the company.
(b) Ivan refuses to speak to her.
(c) Ivan angrily asks her to let him die in peace.
(d) Ivan cries inconsolably.
3. Others see Ivan twitch and gasp for two more hours, but Ivan experiences what?
4. In Chapter 11, Ivan sees that his deceptions have done what?
(a) Distanced he and his wife.
(b) Distance himself from his children.
(c) Strained his frienship with Peter.
(d) Hidden both life and death from him.
5. Why are his wife and daughter anxious when Ivan Ilych arrives home?
(a) They are anxious because Ivan had been gone so long.
(b) They are anxious to get the house clean for the party that night.
(c) They are anxious to hear what the doctor had to say.
(d) They are anxious to go out.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ivan Ilych try to replace thoughts of death?
2. What is the setting of Chapter 1?
3. What does Ivan Ilych try to understand?
4. What year is it in the novel?
5. In Chapter 6, is Ivan able to replace his thoughts of death?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)