|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ivan find once he feels he is pushed through the hole?
(a) The ability to spend his last moments with his family.
(b) LIght at the bottom.
(d) Strength to deal with the pain.
2. How do Ivan's drugs help his wife and doctors?
(a) The drugs make them feel better because they ease his pain.
(b) The drugs only serve their convenience in keeping Ivan quiet.
(c) The drugs make Ivan easier to be with.
(d) The drugs make it easier for him to sleep.
3. What galls Ivan Ilych to think?
(a) That he won't have enough time to finish his memoirs.
(b) That he wasted so much time with his wife.
(c) That he cannot stop his daughter from marrying the wrong man.
(d) That he will die over something so trivial.
4. What has Ivan Ilych's ambitions resulted in?
(a) Alienation of his children.
(b) Increasing levels of power at work.
(c) Tension between he and his wife.
(d) Terrible headaches.
5. What explanation has Ivan for the realizations about his memories?
(a) He was raised by good parents.
(b) He has not lived as he ought.
(c) He lived as he should have.
(d) He raised his own children the way he was raised.
Short Answer Questions
1. How satisfied with his life is Ivan Ilych?
2. How does Ivan Ilych's view his life?
3. In Chapter 11, what does his awareness about his deceptions cause Ivan to do?
4. When Ivan's son enters his room, what does his son do?
5. How does Ivan's wife explain why she ordered what she did in Chapter 8?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)