|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Ivan's family going to see at the end of Chatper 8?
(a) Harry Houdini.
(b) Enrico Caruso.
(c) Charles Dicksons.
(d) Sarah Bernhardt.
2. Ivan Ilych finally realizes, after seeing himself in the mirror, that his condition is a question of what?
(a) Life or death.
(b) Positive thinking.
(c) Whether the kidney or the appendix is diseased.
(d) Whether he can afford his new house now that he is not able to work.
3. Once settled, what makes Ivan Ilych irritable?
(a) His children.
(b) The family's new dog.
(c) Every new stain or imperfection.
(d) His wife.
4. Others see Ivan twitch and gasp for two more hours, but Ivan experiences what?
5. After seeing himself in the mirror, what does Ivan Ilych finally admit to himself?
(a) That his daughter is marrying the wrong man.
(b) That his wife is truly beautiful.
(c) That he must write his memoirs before it's too late.
(d) That he is dying.
Short Answer Questions
1. After offering his condolences, what does Peter Ivanovich tell Praskovya Fedorovna?
2. When Ivan Ilych looks in the mirror some time after greeting his brother-in-law, what does he see for the first time?
3. How does Ivan react to his memories?
4. What does Ivan begin to review in Chapter 11?
5. How does Ivan Ilych's wife react to his worsening pain?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)