|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the sight of Ivan Ilych seem to convey to Peter Ivanovich?
(a) Anger and hostility.
(b) Reproach or warning.
(c) Conviction and righteousness.
(d) Optimism and joy.
2. Why is Ivan Ilych able to find a new home that will please both him and his wife?
(a) His wife does what Ivan tells her to do.
(b) His wife realizes Ivan has to find a house for the family quickly.
(c) They have the same taste.
(d) His wife will live anywhere so long as her family is with her.
3. When does Ivan recognize that his real life began to ebb?
(a) When he married.
(b) The more he has gone up in public opinion during his adult life.
(c) When he failed to get the promotion at his old job.
(d) The moment he fell off the step ladder.
4. Ivan feels no lasting comfort in what?
(a) Taking communion.
(b) His wife's presence.
(c) His confession.
(d) His memories.
5. What adds to Ivan's suffering?
(a) The thought that he is dying.
(b) The many tests that the doctor's insist on performing each day.
(c) HIs wife's constant babbling about the house.
(d) He is torn between cooperating and resisting.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ivan's wife tell him to do in Chapter 9?
2. Why does Ivan Ilych's animosity toward his former colleagues vanish?
3. What does Ivan Ilych do the more he senses that his wife is bored all the time?
4. Who does Ivan begin to question in Chapter 9?
5. What is the conflict in Chapter 5?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)