|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ivan struggle with during the last three days of his life?
(a) The bleeding.
(b) The bright light.
(c) The black sack.
(d) The pain.
2. How does Ivan Ilych react to the thought that he is dying?
(d) Deep depression.
3. What broader concept about life does Ivan come to see once he feels he is pushed through the hole?
(a) That it can be lived well even if he didn't live well.
(b) That life is meant to be difficult.
(c) That life is a struggle.
(d) That life is a cabaret.
4. What major theme of the novel is introduced in Chapter 6?
(a) Without family we are nothing.
(b) Working too hard can kill you.
(c) Leave the curtain the way it is.
(d) We die as we live.
5. What does Ivan do for the last three days of his life?
Short Answer Questions
1. To what event did Peter Ivanovich go to on Friday?
2. What did Peter Ivanovich realize as he was speaking to Praskovya Fedorovna?
3. When does Ivan Ilych's pain worsen?
4. What are two of Ivan Ilych's symptoms?
5. Ivan Ilych knows he gave his life to what?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)