|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Is Ivan Ilych in denial about his condition?
(a) Yes, he refuses to accept the seriousness of his condition.
(b) Yes, and his family is trying to convince him how serious his condition is.
(c) No, he realizes he is going to die and is getting his will in order.
(d) Yes, though his protective shield is starting to crack.
2. What does Ivan Ilych guess the doctor's prognosis is?
(a) It is very bad.
(b) It is not as bad as he thought it was.
(c) It is nothing to worry about.
(d) Ivan doesn't guess at the doctor's prognosis.
3. Where does Ivan live in his thoughts?
(a) In memories of the past.
(b) At his old job, having gotten the promotion he expected.
(c) With his friends in the residence hall when he was at school.
(d) Happily at home with his family.
4. Where does Ivan Ilych take his family when he takes a leave of absence from his job?
(a) To the countryside.
(b) To his wife's brother's family.
(c) To the seaside.
(d) To America.
5. What does Ivan realize when he looks back at his life?
(a) That he really doesn't want to die.
(b) That there is nothing that the doctors can do for him.
(c) That he loves the life he has created with his family.
(d) That the only real and honest pleasures were in his childhood.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what event did Peter Ivanovich go to on Friday?
2. How much money does Ivan Ilych need to be paid?
3. What has Ivan stopped thinking about by chapter 10?
4. Why does Ivan Ilych have difficulty working?
5. What are two of Ivan Ilych's symptoms?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)