|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ivan think he was too quick to do?
(a) Get up from his sofa.
(b) Leave his room.
(c) Suppress his attempts to resist what others considered good.
(d) Yell at his wife.
2. What does Ivan do for the last three days of his life?
3. What does Ivan Ilych consider the worst part of death?
(a) The unbearable pain.
(b) That it will take him away from his family.
(c) It allows him no action to take.
(d) That he will never see his new house fully decorated.
4. Who did Peter Ivanovich meet first at Ivan Ilych's house?
(a) Praskovya Fedorovna.
(c) Ivan Ilych.
5. Even after Ivan Ilych realizes that he is going to die, what kinds of thoughts does he try to think about?
(a) Thoughts that he considers more proper and healthy.
(b) How he can stop his daughter's marriage.
(c) What he needs to do to become healthy again.
(d) How he can spend more time at the office.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the sight of Ivan Ilych seem to convey to Peter Ivanovich?
2. After seeing himself in the mirror, what does Ivan Ilych finally admit to himself?
3. Who is the first to leave the event that happened on Friday?
4. When does Ivan Ilych's pain worsen?
5. How does Ivan relieve his suffering that night in Chapter 9?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)