|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ivan Ilych's wife behave toward his illness?
(a) She avoids Ivan.
(b) She becomes melancholy.
(c) She behaves as if Ivan has created this illness to annoy and inconvenience her.
(d) She becomes more loving than ever before toward Ivan.
2. One evening, Ivan's wife comes into his room to visit dressed how?
(a) For a funeral.
(b) For a visit from another specialist.
(c) For a trip.
(d) For the theater.
3. Ivan Ilych's chief concern is to what?
(a) To continue working at his new job.
(b) To be well enough to attend the party that evening.
(c) To follow doctor's orders exactly.
(d) To get his wife to listen to him.
4. Who is the main character?
(a) Praskovya Fedorovna.
(b) Ivan Ilych.
(c) Vladimir Ivanich.
(d) Peter Ivanovich.
5. Even after Ivan Ilych realizes that he is going to die, what kinds of thoughts does he try to think about?
(a) Thoughts that he considers more proper and healthy.
(b) How he can spend more time at the office.
(c) How he can stop his daughter's marriage.
(d) What he needs to do to become healthy again.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ivan Ilych do for a few hours after seeing himself in the mirror for the first time in quite a while?
2. What did the sight of Ivan Ilych seem to convey to Peter Ivanovich?
3. In Chapter 6, is Ivan able to replace his thoughts of death?
4. What does Ivan Ilych guess the doctor's prognosis is?
5. In Chapter 10, how does Ivan feel about his memories of the past?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)