|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ivan realize about his life once he feels he is pushed through the hole?
(a) That it was wonderful.
(b) That his life wasn't worth living.
(c) That he didn't live it well, but it doesn't matter.
(d) That he did the best he could.
2. In Chapter 6, is Ivan able to replace his thoughts of death?
(a) No, it doesn't work anymore.
(b) Yes, but it takes time.
(c) Yes, it works brilliantly.
(d) No, not all the time.
3. Ivan feels no lasting comfort in what?
(a) His wife's presence.
(b) Taking communion.
(c) His confession.
(d) His memories.
4. How does Ivan Ilych respond when confronted with the symptoms of his illness?
(a) Ivan begins to cry.
(b) Ivan tells his wife.
(c) Ivan asserts that they are all in good health.
(d) Ivan asks his daughter for help.
5. What did Praskovya Fedorovna tell Peter Ivanovich about the main character?
(a) He will make a wonderful grandfather.
(b) He is an excellent dancer.
(c) He lay screaming almost non-stop for the last three days.
(d) He is excited about his daughter's wedding.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ivan Ilych react to his realization the way he does?
2. For Ivan, what does the thought that he hasn't lived a good life cause?
3. Why does Ivan Ilych have difficulty working?
4. What happens to Ivan Ilych one day as he is adjusting a curtain?
5. In Chapter 11, what does his awareness about his deceptions cause Ivan to do?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)