|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is wrong with Ivan Ilych's current job?
(a) The workload is too heavy.
(b) The money isn't enough to keep up with his standard of living.
(c) It's boring.
(d) There's not enough to do.
2. How does Ivan feel when his wife enters his room in Chapter 8?
(a) Sad to think he must soon leave her.
(b) Surrounded by lies.
3. Why are his wife and daughter anxious when Ivan Ilych arrives home?
(a) They are anxious because Ivan had been gone so long.
(b) They are anxious to get the house clean for the party that night.
(c) They are anxious to go out.
(d) They are anxious to hear what the doctor had to say.
4. Why is this year the hardest year of Ivan Ilych?
(a) His wife leaves him.
(b) His wife dies.
(c) His daughter is killed.
(d) He is passed over for promotion.
5. How many of Ivan Ilych's children die?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is it ironic that Ivan resents that his death is trivial?
2. When Ivan's son enters his room, what does his son do?
3. Why does Ivan Ilych take his family there?
4. What medicines are often given to Ivan?
5. What are two of Ivan Ilych's symptoms?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)