|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first character introduced in Chapter 5?
(b) Ivan's brother-in-law.
(c) Ivan's doctor.
(d) Ivan's wife.
2. What are the symptoms that Ivan Ilych has?
(a) He is thin and yellow.
(b) He is unable to walk and or lift his right arm.
(c) He had terrible headaches and is balding.
(d) He has gained a lot of weight and limps.
3. His memories make it difficult for Ivan to do what?
(a) Face the fact that he is dying.
(b) Face the truth of the life he created for himself as an adult.
(c) Stay in the present.
(d) Deal with the pain.
4. When Ivan Ilych looks in the mirror some time after greeting his brother-in-law, what does he see for the first time?
(a) How old he really is.
(b) A tumor.
(c) How healthy he now looks.
(d) How thin and yellow he has become.
5. Ivan Ilych finally realizes, after seeing himself in the mirror, that his condition is a question of what?
(a) Whether he can afford his new house now that he is not able to work.
(b) Whether the kidney or the appendix is diseased.
(c) Life or death.
(d) Positive thinking.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ivan Ilych's animosity toward his former colleagues vanish?
2. With whom does Ivan Ilych play the game that he enjoys?
3. Why are his wife and daughter anxious when Ivan Ilych arrives home?
4. Why does Ivan Ilych have difficulty working?
5. What does Ivan Ilych admit to himself for the first time after seeing himself in the mirror?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)