|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What offends Ivan Ilych the most about being passed over for a promotion?
(a) Ivan didn't get an apology from his boss for not promoting him.
(b) Ivan had been told he was going to get the promotion.
(c) Others seem to see his struggles as quite ordinary.
(d) The person promoted is less qualified for the job than he is.
2. When Ivan Ilych looks in the mirror some time after greeting his brother-in-law, what does he see for the first time?
(a) How old he really is.
(b) How thin and yellow he has become.
(c) How healthy he now looks.
(d) A tumor.
3. Instead, what does Ivan think about in Chapter 10?
(a) The promotion he didn't get that cause him to be in this situation.
(c) His work.
(d) His appendix and his kidney.
4. What year is it in the novel?
5. What are the symptoms that Ivan Ilych has?
(a) He has gained a lot of weight and limps.
(b) He had terrible headaches and is balding.
(c) He is thin and yellow.
(d) He is unable to walk and or lift his right arm.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Ivan Ilych find a new job?
2. What profession is Ivan Ilych?
3. When does Ivan Ilych's pain worsen?
4. What are two of Ivan Ilych's symptoms?
5. How does Ivan's wife explain why she ordered what she did in Chapter 8?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)