|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the setting of Chapter 1?
(a) The church.
(b) The courtroom.
(c) Ivan Ilych's house.
(d) The judge's chamber.
2. What happens to Ivan Ilych one day as he is adjusting a curtain?
(a) Ivan slips on a stepladder and receives a nasty bruise on his side.
(b) Ivan falls and breaks his leg.
(c) Ivan falls on his wife.
(d) Ivan falls and rips the curtain.
3. In Chapter 6, is Ivan able to replace his thoughts of death?
(a) Yes, but it takes time.
(b) Yes, it works brilliantly.
(c) No, not all the time.
(d) No, it doesn't work anymore.
4. What has Ivan stopped thinking about by chapter 10?
(a) His appendix and his kidney.
(c) How to get the promotion he felt he was due.
(d) His work.
5. How does Ivan react to what his wife wants to do when she returns from the theater?
(a) He sends her away.
(b) He welcomes her company.
(c) He pretends to be asleep.
(d) He asks her to tell him all about the concert.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many of Ivan Ilych's children die?
2. How does Ivan relieve his suffering that night in Chapter 9?
3. When does Ivan Ilych take a leave of absence from his job?
4. Why does Ivan Ilych think that his case might not be so serious after all?
5. When does Ivan Ilych believe his illness began?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)