|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ivan Ilych take his family there?
(a) To hide from the law.
(b) For a vacation.
(c) To save money.
(d) For a visit.
2. What has Ivan stopped thinking about by chapter 10?
(a) How to get the promotion he felt he was due.
(c) His appendix and his kidney.
(d) His work.
3. When does Ivan Ilych believe his illness began?
(a) When he went back to work.
(b) When he bought his new house.
(c) When he fell off the ladder and bruised his side.
(d) When he moved in with his brother-in-law.
4. What has Ivan Ilych's ambitions resulted in?
(a) Increasing levels of power at work.
(b) Tension between he and his wife.
(c) Terrible headaches.
(d) Alienation of his children.
5. What does Ivan Ilych's wife tell him to do, after he gets back from the doctor?
(a) Go to his bed and rest.
(b) Take his medicine.
(c) Be quiet.
(d) Tell her all about the doctor's visit.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Ivan Ilych change his life?
2. One evening, Ivan's wife comes into his room to visit dressed how?
3. What does Ivan realize when he looks back at his life?
4. Why are his wife and daughter anxious when Ivan Ilych arrives home?
5. When does Ivan Ilych's pain worsen?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)