|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ivan Ilych finally realizes, after seeing himself in the mirror, that his condition is a question of what?
(a) Whether the kidney or the appendix is diseased.
(b) Life or death.
(c) Whether he can afford his new house now that he is not able to work.
(d) Positive thinking.
2. How do most people act toward Ivan?
(a) They are happy to finally be rid of him.
(b) They pretend he is not dying.
(c) They already mourn his death.
(d) They avoid him.
3. How does Ivan Ilych react to the thought that he is dying?
(d) Deep depression.
4. What does Ivan Ilych recognize in the doctor's professional air?
(a) Condescension and disdain.
(b) His own attitude toward an accused person in court.
(c) Aloofness and indifference.
(d) Compassion and pity.
5. Ivan Ilych's chief concern is to what?
(a) To continue working at his new job.
(b) To follow doctor's orders exactly.
(c) To get his wife to listen to him.
(d) To be well enough to attend the party that evening.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ivan Ilych feel toward what he hears down the hall?
2. His memories of the past lead Ivan specifically to where?
3. What is the hardest thing for Ivan to bear?
4. What game does Ivan Ilych like to play?
5. Who says, "death will come to everyone as God's will?"
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)