|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ivan react to his memories?
(a) He thinks more and more about them.
(b) He is glad that he is able to have them.
(c) He tries to avoid them but cannot.
(d) He turns to them to help ease his pain.
2. Ivan compares the doctor's visit to what?
(a) Premature death.
(b) The lies of lawyers in the courts.
(c) The hope of a church service.
(d) The time he's spent in the company of his friends.
3. What major theme of the novel is introduced in Chapter 6?
(a) We die as we live.
(b) Working too hard can kill you.
(c) Leave the curtain the way it is.
(d) Without family we are nothing.
4. What does Ivan Ilych's son's face look like?
5. What is Ivan Ilych forced to do with his thoughts of death?
(a) Ignore them.
(b) Cry over them incessantly.
(c) Sit there and face them.
(d) Tell his wife about them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Ivan Ilych used as an escape from reality?
2. When does Ivan Ilych take a leave of absence from his job?
3. Ivan Ilych knows he gave his life to what?
4. What galls Ivan Ilych to think?
5. How much will Ivan Ilych's new job pay on moving expenses?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)