|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. His memories of the past lead Ivan specifically to where?
(a) That fateful day he fell off the step ladder.
(b) His childhood.
(c) The day he met his wife.
2. What does Ivan's wife tell him to do in Chapter 9?
(a) Open his window.
(b) Go to sleep.
(c) Take some opium.
(d) Eat something.
3. Who is the first character introduced in Chapter 5?
(a) Ivan's doctor.
(c) Ivan's brother-in-law.
(d) Ivan's wife.
4. What does Ivan Ilych think will solve his new problem?
(a) Divorce his wife.
(b) To obtain a new job.
(c) Go to medical school.
(d) Celebrate his love for his wife with a grand ball.
5. Ivan Ilych's chief concern is to what?
(a) To be well enough to attend the party that evening.
(b) To follow doctor's orders exactly.
(c) To continue working at his new job.
(d) To get his wife to listen to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ivan Ilych have difficulty working?
2. What medicines are often given to Ivan?
3. In Chapter 6, is Ivan able to replace his thoughts of death?
4. What did Peter Ivanovich realize as he was speaking to Praskovya Fedorovna?
5. What characters are mentioned in Chapter 9?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)