|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ivan say his mental pain is worse?
(a) He cannot believe that he is dying from falling off a step ladder.
(b) One moment he wants it all to be over. The next moment he doesn't want to die.
(c) He cannot bear to leave his family.
(d) He wishes he had never left his old job and bought this house.
2. What does Ivan Ilych consider the worst part of death?
(a) It allows him no action to take.
(b) The unbearable pain.
(c) That it will take him away from his family.
(d) That he will never see his new house fully decorated.
3. When does Ivan Ilych take a leave of absence from his job?
(a) The day after he is not promoted.
(b) The summer of 1880.
(c) The summer of 1865.
(d) The following year.
4. What is Praskovya Fedorovna's relationship to the main character?
5. How does Ivan relieve his suffering that night in Chapter 9?
(a) He listens to his daughter sing softly.
(b) He takes more medicine than the doctor suggested.
(c) He has a good cry.
(d) He calls his son to his side.
Short Answer Questions
1. One evening, Ivan's wife comes into his room to visit dressed how?
2. When does Ivan Ilych believe his illness began?
3. How many children does Ivan Ilych and his wife have together?
4. What two things that Ivan Ilych hears down the hall makes him react as he does?
5. Who is the first character introduced in Chapter 5?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)