|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Ivan Ilych take his family when he takes a leave of absence from his job?
(a) To the seaside.
(b) To the countryside.
(c) To America.
(d) To his wife's brother's family.
2. In Chapter 10, where is Ivan for the next two weeks?
(a) In the doctor's back room.
(b) In his bed.
(c) On his sofa that he never leaves.
(d) In the hospital.
3. What happens to Ivan Ilych one day as he is adjusting a curtain?
(a) Ivan falls and rips the curtain.
(b) Ivan falls and breaks his leg.
(c) Ivan falls on his wife.
(d) Ivan slips on a stepladder and receives a nasty bruise on his side.
4. How often does Ivan experience physical pain?
(a) On and off.
(c) Mostly at night.
(d) Mostly in the morning.
5. How does Ivan Ilych deal with the revelation in Chapter 6?
(a) He plans to stop his daughter's marriage.
(b) He starts finds a suitable book in which to write his memoirs.
(c) He despairs continuously.
(d) He spends more times with his wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Ivan Ilych able to find a new home that will please both him and his wife?
2. What does Ivan realize the further back in his memories he goes?
3. How does Ivan feel when his wife enters his room in Chapter 8?
4. Why does Ivan Ilych try to replace thoughts of death?
5. What does Ivan realize when he looks back at his life?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)