|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Ivan Ilych change his life?
(a) He likes his life as it is.
(b) He has no imagination for creating another life.
(c) He doesn't have enough money to change it the way he wants it.
(d) His wife won't let him change it.
2. How does Ivan relieve his suffering that night in Chapter 9?
(a) He has a good cry.
(b) He calls his son to his side.
(c) He listens to his daughter sing softly.
(d) He takes more medicine than the doctor suggested.
3. What does Ivan Ilych consider the worst part of death?
(a) It allows him no action to take.
(b) That it will take him away from his family.
(c) The unbearable pain.
(d) That he will never see his new house fully decorated.
4. Where does Ivan live in his thoughts?
(a) Happily at home with his family.
(b) With his friends in the residence hall when he was at school.
(c) At his old job, having gotten the promotion he expected.
(d) In memories of the past.
5. What does Ivan Ilych guess the doctor's prognosis is?
(a) It is not as bad as he thought it was.
(b) It is very bad.
(c) It is nothing to worry about.
(d) Ivan doesn't guess at the doctor's prognosis.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Ivan Ilych's ambitions resulted in?
2. How does Ivan Ilych's wife behave toward his illness?
3. What adds to Ivan's suffering?
4. Where did Ivan Ilych find a new job?
5. Who does Ivan begin to question in Chapter 9?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)