|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Ivan try to work?
(a) He doesn't try to work.
(b) The law courts.
(c) His study.
(d) The university nearby.
2. After seeing himself for the first time in many months in the mirror, what reaction does Ivan Ilych have to what he sees?
(a) He falls for the second time.
(b) He is relieved that he was finally able to admit it.
(c) He becomes dizzy and faints.
(d) Anger rises up inside him.
3. Who insisted that Ivan's wife and family go out?
(a) Ivan's wife.
(c) The doctor.
(d) Ivan's daughter.
4. With whom does Ivan Ilych play the game that he enjoys?
(a) His friends.
(b) His wife.
(c) His son.
5. Even after Ivan Ilych realizes that he is going to die, what kinds of thoughts does he try to think about?
(a) Thoughts that he considers more proper and healthy.
(b) What he needs to do to become healthy again.
(c) How he can spend more time at the office.
(d) How he can stop his daughter's marriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ivan Ilych's chief concern is to what?
2. What year is it in the novel?
3. Why does Ivan say his mental pain is worse?
4. How many of Ivan Ilych's children die?
5. What does Ivan Ilych admit to himself for the first time after seeing himself in the mirror?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)