|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 6, is Ivan able to replace his thoughts of death?
(a) No, it doesn't work anymore.
(b) Yes, it works brilliantly.
(c) No, not all the time.
(d) Yes, but it takes time.
2. How does Ivan react to his memories?
(a) He tries to avoid them but cannot.
(b) He thinks more and more about them.
(c) He is glad that he is able to have them.
(d) He turns to them to help ease his pain.
3. After offering his condolences, what does Peter Ivanovich tell Praskovya Fedorovna?
(a) That Peter Ivanovich must leave.
(b) That Peter Ivanovich has been secretly in love with Praskovya Fedorovna for years.
(c) That Praskovya Fedorovna has received all the money the government will give her.
(d) That Praskovya Fedorovna is very beautiful.
4. Where does Ivan try to work?
(a) The university nearby.
(b) The law courts.
(c) He doesn't try to work.
(d) His study.
5. What does Ivan Ilych do the more he senses that his wife is bored all the time?
(a) He carves out a life independent from her.
(b) He takes her on vacation.
(c) He buys a home near the sea.
(d) He tries harder to make her happy.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ivan try to live?
2. Who is Ivan Ilych's wife?
3. What is the hardest thing for Ivan to bear?
4. How do most people treat Ivan's dying?
5. In Chapter 10, where is Ivan for the next two weeks?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)