|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 6, is Ivan able to replace his thoughts of death?
(a) Yes, but it takes time.
(b) No, not all the time.
(c) No, it doesn't work anymore.
(d) Yes, it works brilliantly.
2. Where did Ivan Ilych find a new job?
(a) In Petersburg.
(b) In Moscow.
(c) In the town he'd been living in all his life.
(d) In the town where his wife's brother lives.
3. How does Ivan Ilych's wife behave toward his illness?
(a) She avoids Ivan.
(b) She becomes more loving than ever before toward Ivan.
(c) She becomes melancholy.
(d) She behaves as if Ivan has created this illness to annoy and inconvenience her.
4. What does Ivan Ilych think his wife wants of him?
(a) To entertain her all the time.
(b) To be a good father to their children.
(c) To be a good provider.
(d) To be home for dinner every night.
5. Which character does Chapter 2 discuss?
(a) Peter Ivanovich.
(c) Praskovya Fedorovna.
(d) Ivan Ilych.
Short Answer Questions
1. What adds to Ivan's suffering?
2. What did Praskovya Fedorovna tell Peter Ivanovich about the main character?
3. What does Ivan Ilych see as "doing his duty?"
4. How does Ivan relieve his suffering that night in Chapter 9?
5. Why is Ivan Ilych able to find a new home that will please both him and his wife?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)