|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How often does Ivan experience physical pain?
(b) On and off.
(c) Mostly in the morning.
(d) Mostly at night.
2. What happens to Ivan Ilych one day as he is adjusting a curtain?
(a) Ivan falls and rips the curtain.
(b) Ivan slips on a stepladder and receives a nasty bruise on his side.
(c) Ivan falls and breaks his leg.
(d) Ivan falls on his wife.
3. His memories of the past lead Ivan specifically to where?
(a) The day he met his wife.
(b) His childhood.
(d) That fateful day he fell off the step ladder.
4. When Ivan Ilych gets home from the doctor, what does he do?
(a) Tries to tell his wife and daughter everything.
(b) Asks his wife why dinner isn't ready.
(c) Breaks down and sobs uncontrollably.
(d) Sits down and takes a nap.
5. Where does Ivan live in his thoughts?
(a) At his old job, having gotten the promotion he expected.
(b) In memories of the past.
(c) Happily at home with his family.
(d) With his friends in the residence hall when he was at school.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what or whom does Peter Ivanovich refuse to yield to?
2. Why does Ivan Ilych react to his realization the way he does?
3. When does Ivan Ilych take a leave of absence from his job?
4. Why does Ivan Ilych take his family there?
5. What is Ivan Ilych forced to do with his thoughts of death?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)