|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year is it in the novel?
2. When Peter Ivanovich encounters Ivan Ilych's daughter and fiance, how to they look?
(a) Ready to cry.
(c) Happy together.
3. What major theme of the novel is introduced in Chapter 6?
(a) Without family we are nothing.
(b) We die as we live.
(c) Leave the curtain the way it is.
(d) Working too hard can kill you.
4. How does Gerasim treat Ivan?
(a) As if he will be left some money if he is nice to Ivan.
(b) As though he is glad to see Ivan go.
(c) He is cheerful and kind and does not pretend Ivan will get well.
(d) The same as everyone else.
5. Which character does Chapter 2 discuss?
(a) Praskovya Fedorovna.
(c) Ivan Ilych.
(d) Peter Ivanovich.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Ivan's drugs help his wife and doctors?
2. To what or whom does Peter Ivanovich refuse to yield to?
3. How does Ivan Ilych deal with the revelation in Chapter 6?
4. How did Peter Ivanovich learn the fate of the main character?
5. What are two of Ivan Ilych's symptoms?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)