|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ivan realize the further back in his memories he goes?
(a) He wishes he could re-live them.
(b) The more there was that was good in life, the more life there was.
(c) The more of these distant memories he has than of recent times.
(d) He really has had a wonderful life.
2. What characters are mentioned in Chapter 9?
(a) Ivan's wife, Ivan, and Ivan's son.
(b) Ivan's wife, Ivan, and God.
(c) Ivan's wife, Ivan, and Ivan's daughter.
(d) Ivan's wife and Ivan.
3. How do most people act toward Ivan?
(a) They pretend he is not dying.
(b) They already mourn his death.
(c) They avoid him.
(d) They are happy to finally be rid of him.
4. In Chapter 6, is Ivan able to replace his thoughts of death?
(a) No, not all the time.
(b) No, it doesn't work anymore.
(c) Yes, but it takes time.
(d) Yes, it works brilliantly.
5. Why does Ivan Ilych think that his case might not be so serious after all?
(a) Because he is feeling better already.
(b) Because the doctor tells him not to worry.
(c) Because he reads about it in a medical book.
(d) Because his wife can go out as usual.
Short Answer Questions
1. What month of Ivan's illness begins Chapter 7?
2. How does Ivan Ilych react to the thought that he is dying?
3. Why does Ivan Ilych take his family there?
4. How do Ivan's drugs help his wife and doctors?
5. What are the symptoms that Ivan Ilych has?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)