|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ivan Ilych's chief concern is to what?
(a) To continue working at his new job.
(b) To follow doctor's orders exactly.
(c) To get his wife to listen to him.
(d) To be well enough to attend the party that evening.
2. What two things that Ivan Ilych hears down the hall makes him react as he does?
(a) His children's youth and abilities.
(b) His friends' talents and good looks.
(c) The intruder's stealth and agility.
(d) His family's good health and merriment.
3. Who comes to visit Ivan Ilych in Chapter 5?
(a) His brother-in-law.
(b) Vladimir Ivanich.
(c) Peter Ivanovich.
4. How often does Ivan experience physical pain?
(a) On and off.
(b) Mostly in the morning.
(d) Mostly at night.
5. How do most people act toward Ivan?
(a) They pretend he is not dying.
(b) They avoid him.
(c) They already mourn his death.
(d) They are happy to finally be rid of him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Ivan Ilych able to find a new home that will please both him and his wife?
2. What profession is Ivan Ilych?
3. How does Ivan react to his memories?
4. How does Ivan Ilych deal with the revelation in Chapter 6?
5. Why does Ivan Ilych have difficulty working?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)