|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children does Ivan Ilych and his wife have together?
2. How does Ivan Ilych react to the thought that he is dying?
(b) Deep depression.
3. When Ivan Ilych looks in the mirror some time after greeting his brother-in-law, what does he see for the first time?
(a) A tumor.
(b) How thin and yellow he has become.
(c) How old he really is.
(d) How healthy he now looks.
4. How bad are the affects of these medicines?
(a) As bad as the pain that they are supposed to relieve.
(b) Not bad at all.
(c) Bad, but at least they relieve the pain.
(d) They make him so sick he tries to avoid taking them.
5. After seeing himself in the mirror, what does Ivan Ilych finally admit to himself?
(a) That his daughter is marrying the wrong man.
(b) That he must write his memoirs before it's too late.
(c) That his wife is truly beautiful.
(d) That he is dying.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is it ironic that Ivan resents that his death is trivial?
2. What does Ivan Ilych's wife tell him to do, after he gets back from the doctor?
3. Which character does Chapter 2 discuss?
4. How long after Ivan Ilych sees the doctor does Chapter 5 begin?
5. What two things that Ivan Ilych hears down the hall makes him react as he does?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)