|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the sight of Ivan Ilych seem to convey to Peter Ivanovich?
(a) Conviction and righteousness.
(b) Optimism and joy.
(c) Anger and hostility.
(d) Reproach or warning.
2. What did Praskovya Fedorovna tell Peter Ivanovich about the main character?
(a) He lay screaming almost non-stop for the last three days.
(b) He is excited about his daughter's wedding.
(c) He is an excellent dancer.
(d) He will make a wonderful grandfather.
3. How does Ivan try to live?
(a) With love in his heart toward all.
(c) As he lived before he was dying.
(d) Carefully, so as not to make his condition worse.
4. When Ivan Ilych gets home from the doctor, what does he do?
(a) Tries to tell his wife and daughter everything.
(b) Sits down and takes a nap.
(c) Breaks down and sobs uncontrollably.
(d) Asks his wife why dinner isn't ready.
5. Where does Ivan try to work?
(a) The university nearby.
(b) The law courts.
(c) He doesn't try to work.
(d) His study.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ivan Ilych's wife react to his worsening pain?
2. How many children does Ivan Ilych and his wife have together?
3. What does Ivan Ilych consider the worst part of death?
4. Why does Ivan Ilych have difficulty working?
5. What relationship is the main character to Peter Ivanovich?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)