|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What affects do these medicines have on Ivan?
(a) They relieve his pain.
(b) They make him delusional.
(c) They make him sleep most of the time.
(d) They make him depressed.
2. How much money does Ivan Ilych need to be paid?
(a) Enough to buy a summer house.
(b) Enough to afford to send his son to medical school.
(c) At least 5,000 rubles.
(d) No less than 10,000 rubles.
3. Why does Ivan Ilych react to his realization the way he does?
(a) He somehow feels he is exempt from death.
(b) He knows he has done some terrible things in his life.
(c) He doesn't want to leave his family.
(d) He cannot believe he is dying so young.
4. After seeing himself for the first time in many months in the mirror, what reaction does Ivan Ilych have to what he sees?
(a) He is relieved that he was finally able to admit it.
(b) He becomes dizzy and faints.
(c) He falls for the second time.
(d) Anger rises up inside him.
5. What does Ivan Ilych see as "doing his duty?"
(a) To do whatever pleases his wife.
(b) To do whatever pleases those in authority.
(c) To serve the judicial system honorably.
(d) To be the best father to his children.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Peter Ivanovich learn the fate of the main character?
2. When Peter Ivanovich encounters Ivan Ilych's daughter and fiance, how to they look?
3. What relationship is the main character to Peter Ivanovich?
4. Who comes to visit Ivan Ilych in Chapter 5?
5. When does Ivan Ilych believe his illness began?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)