|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Once settled, what makes Ivan Ilych irritable?
(a) Every new stain or imperfection.
(b) The family's new dog.
(c) His wife.
(d) His children.
2. How does Ivan Ilych's view his life?
(a) Exactly the way he hoped it would be.
(b) As most ordinary.
(c) As exciting.
(d) As extraordinary.
3. When Ivan Ilych looks in the mirror some time after greeting his brother-in-law, what does he see for the first time?
(a) How healthy he now looks.
(b) How thin and yellow he has become.
(c) How old he really is.
(d) A tumor.
4. After seeing himself in the mirror, what does Ivan Ilych finally admit to himself?
(a) That his daughter is marrying the wrong man.
(b) That his wife is truly beautiful.
(c) That he must write his memoirs before it's too late.
(d) That he is dying.
5. What has Ivan Ilych used as an escape from reality?
(a) Writing his memoirs.
(b) Trying to stop the marriage of his daughter.
(d) Decorating his house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is it ironic that Ivan resents that his death is trivial?
2. How old is Ivan Ilych's son?
3. Why does Ivan Ilych try to replace thoughts of death?
4. What are two of Ivan Ilych's symptoms?
5. Why does Ivan Ilych take his family there?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)