|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ivan Ilych have difficulty working?
(a) Because he isn't as interested in it as he used to be.
(b) Because the pain is too great.
(c) Because he's been away from work for too long.
(d) Because death intrudes his thoughts there, too.
2. In Chapter 6, is Ivan able to replace his thoughts of death?
(a) Yes, it works brilliantly.
(b) No, it doesn't work anymore.
(c) Yes, but it takes time.
(d) No, not all the time.
3. What are the symptoms that Ivan Ilych has?
(a) He had terrible headaches and is balding.
(b) He is unable to walk and or lift his right arm.
(c) He is thin and yellow.
(d) He has gained a lot of weight and limps.
4. How long after Ivan Ilych sees the doctor does Chapter 5 begin?
(a) 2 months later.
(b) 1 week later.
(c) 2 days later.
(d) 1 year later.
5. What month of Ivan's illness begins Chapter 7?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ivan say his mental pain is worse?
2. What does Ivan Ilych guess the doctor's prognosis is?
3. After seeing himself for the first time in many months in the mirror, what reaction does Ivan Ilych have to what he sees?
4. What has Ivan Ilych used as an escape from reality?
5. Who insisted that Ivan's wife and family go out?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)