|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ivan realize in Chapter 7?
(a) That everyone is waiting for him to die.
(b) That his wife doesn't love him.
(c) That he misses work terribly.
(d) That he is not as sick as he has thought.
2. What does Ivan Ilych consider the worst part of death?
(a) That it will take him away from his family.
(b) That he will never see his new house fully decorated.
(c) The unbearable pain.
(d) It allows him no action to take.
3. Why does Ivan Ilych have difficulty working?
(a) Because he's been away from work for too long.
(b) Because he isn't as interested in it as he used to be.
(c) Because death intrudes his thoughts there, too.
(d) Because the pain is too great.
4. What has Ivan Ilych's ambitions resulted in?
(a) Terrible headaches.
(b) Alienation of his children.
(c) Increasing levels of power at work.
(d) Tension between he and his wife.
5. Who is Ivan's family going to see at the end of Chatper 8?
(a) Enrico Caruso.
(b) Sarah Bernhardt.
(c) Harry Houdini.
(d) Charles Dicksons.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many of Ivan Ilych's children die?
2. What does Ivan Ilych see in the eyes of his brother-in-law?
3. Why does Ivan Ilych take his family there?
4. Which character is introduced in Chapter 7?
5. When Ivan Ilych gets home from the doctor, what does he do?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)