|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How bad are the affects of these medicines?
(a) As bad as the pain that they are supposed to relieve.
(b) Not bad at all.
(c) Bad, but at least they relieve the pain.
(d) They make him so sick he tries to avoid taking them.
2. What does Ivan Ilych think of his marriage?
(a) It is happy.
(b) It is unhappy.
(c) It is exciting.
(d) It is all he ever wanted.
3. Which character is introduced in Chapter 7?
(a) Vladimir Ivanich.
(d) Peter Ivanovich.
4. Why doesn't Ivan Ilych change his life?
(a) He doesn't have enough money to change it the way he wants it.
(b) He likes his life as it is.
(c) His wife won't let him change it.
(d) He has no imagination for creating another life.
5. What causes Ivan Ilych much distress?
(a) Not being able to continue working at his new job.
(b) The severe pain.
(c) Being constantly on guard against anything that might distress him.
(d) His wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children does Ivan Ilych and his wife have together?
2. Ivan Ilych's chief concern is to what?
3. How does Ivan feel when his wife enters his room in Chapter 8?
4. What relationship is the main character to Peter Ivanovich?
5. How satisfied with his life is Ivan Ilych?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)