|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Is Ivan Ilych successful in understanding this?
(a) No, he cannot.
(b) Yes, most of the time.
(c) Yes, immediately.
(d) Yes, but it takes time to ponder.
2. Who is the first character introduced in Chapter 5?
(b) Ivan's wife.
(c) Ivan's doctor.
(d) Ivan's brother-in-law.
3. Who is Ivan's family going to see at the end of Chatper 8?
(a) Sarah Bernhardt.
(b) Enrico Caruso.
(c) Charles Dicksons.
(d) Harry Houdini.
4. When does Ivan Ilych's pain worsen?
(a) When he is upset.
(b) In the evening after dinner.
(c) During the night.
(d) In the morning after he wakes up.
5. When does Ivan Ilych believe his illness began?
(a) When he moved in with his brother-in-law.
(b) When he fell off the ladder and bruised his side.
(c) When he bought his new house.
(d) When he went back to work.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ivan Ilych hear down the hall?
2. What does food become to Ivan?
3. Why does Ivan Ilych think that his case might not be so serious after all?
4. What does Ivan Ilych do for a few hours after seeing himself in the mirror for the first time in quite a while?
5. What offends Ivan Ilych the most about being passed over for a promotion?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)