|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are his wife and daughter anxious when Ivan Ilych arrives home?
(a) They are anxious because Ivan had been gone so long.
(b) They are anxious to go out.
(c) They are anxious to get the house clean for the party that night.
(d) They are anxious to hear what the doctor had to say.
2. How does the doctor respond when Ivan Ilych presses him for an answer to the seriousness of his symptoms?
(a) The doctor tells Ivan that he has only weeks to live.
(b) The doctor tells Ivan he needs to do more tests.
(c) The doctor tells Ivan that it isn't anything to worry about.
(d) The doctor states that he has already told Ivan what he considers proper.
3. How much will Ivan Ilych's new job pay on moving expenses?
(a) 3,500 rubles.
(b) 5,000 rubles.
(d) 1,500 rubles.
4. After seeing himself for the first time in many months in the mirror, what reaction does Ivan Ilych have to what he sees?
(a) He falls for the second time.
(b) He becomes dizzy and faints.
(c) Anger rises up inside him.
(d) He is relieved that he was finally able to admit it.
5. What does the doctor focus on?
(a) How many other patients are waiting to be seen.
(b) Whether the pain is coming from the appendix or the kidney.
(c) Whether or not Ivan can pay the bill.
(d) Whether or not the doctor has met Ivan before.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are two of Ivan Ilych's symptoms?
2. Who is Ivan's family going to see at the end of Chatper 8?
3. How many children does Ivan Ilych and his wife have together?
4. When Ivan Ilych looks in the mirror some time after greeting his brother-in-law, what does he see for the first time?
5. What does Ivan Ilych consider the worst part of death?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)