|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ivan Ilych's wife behave toward his illness?
(a) She behaves as if Ivan has created this illness to annoy and inconvenience her.
(b) She becomes more loving than ever before toward Ivan.
(c) She becomes melancholy.
(d) She avoids Ivan.
2. Why does Ivan Ilych's animosity toward his former colleagues vanish?
(a) One of his former colleagues asks for his daughter's hand in marriage.
(b) Ivan Ilych's new position places him two steps above them.
(c) They give him the promotion when he returns from his leave of absence.
(d) He realizes he was being foolish.
3. What galls Ivan Ilych to think?
(a) That he won't have enough time to finish his memoirs.
(b) That he cannot stop his daughter from marrying the wrong man.
(c) That he wasted so much time with his wife.
(d) That he will die over something so trivial.
4. With whom does Ivan Ilych play the game that he enjoys?
(a) His friends.
(b) His son.
(c) His wife.
5. How does the doctor respond when Ivan Ilych presses him for an answer to the seriousness of his symptoms?
(a) The doctor tells Ivan that he has only weeks to live.
(b) The doctor states that he has already told Ivan what he considers proper.
(c) The doctor tells Ivan he needs to do more tests.
(d) The doctor tells Ivan that it isn't anything to worry about.
Short Answer Questions
1. After seeing himself in the mirror, what does Ivan Ilych finally admit to himself?
2. How does Ivan try to live?
3. Who insisted that Ivan's wife and family go out?
4. Why doesn't Ivan Ilych change his life?
5. How did Peter Ivanovich learn the fate of the main character?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)