|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ivan Ilych deal with the revelation in Chapter 6?
(a) He starts finds a suitable book in which to write his memoirs.
(b) He spends more times with his wife.
(c) He despairs continuously.
(d) He plans to stop his daughter's marriage.
2. What does Ivan Ilych guess the doctor's prognosis is?
(a) It is very bad.
(b) It is not as bad as he thought it was.
(c) Ivan doesn't guess at the doctor's prognosis.
(d) It is nothing to worry about.
3. What does the doctor ignore?
(a) Ivan's ability to pay him.
(b) Ivan's wife's questions.
(c) Ivan's fear that bruises are starting to spread all over his body.
(d) The question as to whether or not Ivan's case is serious.
4. What does Ivan Ilych recognize in the doctor's professional air?
(a) His own attitude toward an accused person in court.
(b) Compassion and pity.
(c) Aloofness and indifference.
(d) Condescension and disdain.
5. What affects do these medicines have on Ivan?
(a) They relieve his pain.
(b) They make him delusional.
(c) They make him depressed.
(d) They make him sleep most of the time.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ivan Ilych see as "doing his duty?"
2. In the beginning of Chapter 3, what is Ivan Ilych's professional title?
3. How does Gerasim treat Ivan?
4. What month of Ivan's illness begins Chapter 7?
5. What does Ivan Ilych see in the eyes of his brother-in-law?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)