|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the symptoms that Ivan Ilych has?
(a) He is thin and yellow.
(b) He has gained a lot of weight and limps.
(c) He had terrible headaches and is balding.
(d) He is unable to walk and or lift his right arm.
2. To what or whom does Peter Ivanovich refuse to yield to?
(a) Any depressing thoughts.
(b) Ivan Ilych.
(c) The prosecution.
(d) The bicycle on the left.
3. What does Ivan Ilych think of his marriage?
(a) It is exciting.
(b) It is happy.
(c) It is all he ever wanted.
(d) It is unhappy.
4. Who helps Ivan Ilych begin to realize that he is dying?
(a) His wife.
(b) His doctor.
(c) His brother-in-law.
(d) His daughter.
5. How does Ivan Ilych's wife behave toward his illness?
(a) She becomes more loving than ever before toward Ivan.
(b) She becomes melancholy.
(c) She avoids Ivan.
(d) She behaves as if Ivan has created this illness to annoy and inconvenience her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the doctor ignore?
2. Why are his wife and daughter anxious when Ivan Ilych arrives home?
3. Why does Ivan Ilych think that his case might not be so serious after all?
4. Who insisted that Ivan's wife and family go out?
5. How much does Ivan sleep?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)