|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does food become to Ivan?
(a) A distraction from the pain.
(c) It all taste like iron because of the medication he takes.
2. After seeing himself for the first time in many months in the mirror, what reaction does Ivan Ilych have to what he sees?
(a) Anger rises up inside him.
(b) He is relieved that he was finally able to admit it.
(c) He becomes dizzy and faints.
(d) He falls for the second time.
3. What relationship is the main character to Peter Ivanovich?
(a) The main character's brother.
(b) The main character's son-in-law.
(c) The main character's boss.
(d) A lifelong acquaintance and colleaque of the main character.
4. When does Ivan Ilych believe his illness began?
(a) When he moved in with his brother-in-law.
(b) When he fell off the ladder and bruised his side.
(c) When he bought his new house.
(d) When he went back to work.
5. What is the setting of Chapter 1?
(a) The church.
(b) The courtroom.
(c) Ivan Ilych's house.
(d) The judge's chamber.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Ivan Ilych take his family when he takes a leave of absence from his job?
2. Why does the specialist's visit cause Ivan more pain?
3. What are the symptoms that Ivan Ilych has?
4. What does Ivan realize in Chapter 7?
5. What does Ivan Ilych try to understand?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)