|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the setting of Chapter 1?
(a) The judge's chamber.
(b) Ivan Ilych's house.
(c) The courtroom.
(d) The church.
2. What has Ivan Ilych used as an escape from reality?
(b) Decorating his house.
(c) Writing his memoirs.
(d) Trying to stop the marriage of his daughter.
3. Why does Ivan Ilych react to his realization the way he does?
(a) He knows he has done some terrible things in his life.
(b) He doesn't want to leave his family.
(c) He somehow feels he is exempt from death.
(d) He cannot believe he is dying so young.
4. In the beginning of Chapter 3, what is Ivan Ilych's professional title?
(a) District Attorney.
(b) Civil Lawyer.
(c) Public Prosecutor.
5. To what or whom does Peter Ivanovich refuse to yield to?
(a) Ivan Ilych.
(b) Any depressing thoughts.
(c) The bicycle on the left.
(d) The prosecution.
Short Answer Questions
1. Is Ivan Ilych in denial about his condition?
2. How do most people treat Ivan's dying?
3. Where does Ivan Ilych take his family when he takes a leave of absence from his job?
4. How does Ivan try to live?
5. When Ivan Ilych gets home from the doctor, what does he do?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)