|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Even after Ivan Ilych realizes that he is going to die, what kinds of thoughts does he try to think about?
(a) What he needs to do to become healthy again.
(b) Thoughts that he considers more proper and healthy.
(c) How he can stop his daughter's marriage.
(d) How he can spend more time at the office.
2. How do most people treat Ivan's dying?
(a) As a tragedy.
(b) As an opportunity to show their love for him.
(c) As an imposition.
(d) As a relief.
3. What medicines are often given to Ivan?
(a) There is no medicine that can help Ivan.
(b) Penicillin and morphine.
(c) Opium and morphine.
(d) Penicillin and opium.
4. What has happened to the main character?
(a) He has been newly wed.
(b) He has just become a grandfather.
(c) He has died.
(d) He has been promoted.
5. How many children does Ivan Ilych and his wife have together?
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Ivan's wife ordered in Chapter 8?
2. What has Ivan Ilych used as an escape from reality?
3. What does Ivan Ilych try to understand?
4. In the beginning of Chapter 3, what is Ivan Ilych's professional title?
5. Why are his wife and daughter anxious when Ivan Ilych arrives home?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)