|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the doctor focus on?
(a) Whether or not the doctor has met Ivan before.
(b) How many other patients are waiting to be seen.
(c) Whether the pain is coming from the appendix or the kidney.
(d) Whether or not Ivan can pay the bill.
2. What does Ivan Ilych try to understand?
(a) How his daughter could have accepted such a man's proposal of marriage.
(b) How he could not have noticed his wife's beauty sooner.
(c) How to arrange his life's work in his memoirs.
(d) That he is dying.
3. What does Ivan Ilych consider the worst part of death?
(a) That he will never see his new house fully decorated.
(b) It allows him no action to take.
(c) The unbearable pain.
(d) That it will take him away from his family.
4. What does Ivan Ilych see in the eyes of his brother-in-law?
5. How often does Ivan experience physical pain?
(a) Mostly at night.
(b) On and off.
(d) Mostly in the morning.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ivan try to live?
2. What does Ivan Ilych admit to himself for the first time after seeing himself in the mirror?
3. Why does Ivan Ilych have difficulty working?
4. Ivan compares the doctor's visit to what?
5. When Ivan Ilych discovers what makes his pain worse, how does he deal with it?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)