|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are two of Ivan Ilych's symptoms?
(a) Nose bleeds and a terrible limp.
(b) Other bruises appear on his body and the pain in his side.
(c) The weird taste in his mouth and his craving for blintzes.
(d) The weird taste in his mouth and the pain in his side.
2. Who helps Ivan Ilych begin to realize that he is dying?
(a) His doctor.
(b) His brother-in-law.
(c) His wife.
(d) His daughter.
3. Ivan Ilych's chief concern is to what?
(a) To follow doctor's orders exactly.
(b) To be well enough to attend the party that evening.
(c) To continue working at his new job.
(d) To get his wife to listen to him.
4. After seeing himself for the first time in many months in the mirror, what reaction does Ivan Ilych have to what he sees?
(a) Anger rises up inside him.
(b) He is relieved that he was finally able to admit it.
(c) He becomes dizzy and faints.
(d) He falls for the second time.
5. What did Praskovya Fedorovna tell Peter Ivanovich about the main character?
(a) He lay screaming almost non-stop for the last three days.
(b) He will make a wonderful grandfather.
(c) He is an excellent dancer.
(d) He is excited about his daughter's wedding.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ivan compares the doctor's visit to what?
2. How does Ivan Ilych's view his life?
3. What does Ivan Ilych hear down the hall?
4. To what event did Peter Ivanovich go to on Friday?
5. When Peter Ivanovich encounters Ivan Ilych's daughter and fiance, how to they look?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)