|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are his wife and daughter anxious when Ivan Ilych arrives home?
(a) They are anxious to go out.
(b) They are anxious to hear what the doctor had to say.
(c) They are anxious because Ivan had been gone so long.
(d) They are anxious to get the house clean for the party that night.
2. Who says, "death will come to everyone as God's will?"
(a) Peter Ivanovich.
(c) Ivan Ilych's son.
(d) Praskovya Fedorovna.
3. How does Ivan Ilych react to the thought that he is dying?
(c) Deep depression.
4. When does Ivan Ilych take a leave of absence from his job?
(a) The following year.
(b) The day after he is not promoted.
(c) The summer of 1865.
(d) The summer of 1880.
5. When does Ivan Ilych's pain worsen?
(a) When he is upset.
(b) In the evening after dinner.
(c) In the morning after he wakes up.
(d) During the night.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year is it in the novel?
2. How does Ivan Ilych's relationship with his wife affect his work?
3. Is Ivan Ilych in denial about his condition?
4. What did Praskovya Fedorovna tell Peter Ivanovich about the main character?
5. What does Ivan Ilych think his wife wants of him?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)