|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ivan Ilych marry?
(a) His father-in-law forces him.
(b) He is in love.
(c) It seems expected of him.
(d) He wants his wife's money.
2. What does the doctor ignore?
(a) Ivan's ability to pay him.
(b) The question as to whether or not Ivan's case is serious.
(c) Ivan's wife's questions.
(d) Ivan's fear that bruises are starting to spread all over his body.
3. When Ivan Ilych looks in the mirror some time after greeting his brother-in-law, what does he see for the first time?
(a) A tumor.
(b) How thin and yellow he has become.
(c) How old he really is.
(d) How healthy he now looks.
4. Why is it ironic that Ivan resents that his death is trivial?
(a) Ivan wouldn't die if he would just take his medicine.
(b) Ivan enjoys all the attention his illness is getting him.
(c) His life has been trivial all along and that never bothered him.
(d) Ivan isn't dying.
5. How many children does Ivan Ilych and his wife have together?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is wrong with Ivan Ilych's current job?
2. After seeing himself for the first time in many months in the mirror, what reaction does Ivan Ilych have to what he sees?
3. What has happened to the main character?
4. What does Ivan Ilych try to understand?
5. Once settled, what makes Ivan Ilych irritable?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)