|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ivan Ilych react to the thought that he is dying?
(a) Deep depression.
2. What game does Ivan Ilych like to play?
3. Why doesn't Ivan Ilych change his life?
(a) He likes his life as it is.
(b) His wife won't let him change it.
(c) He doesn't have enough money to change it the way he wants it.
(d) He has no imagination for creating another life.
4. Why does Ivan Ilych try to replace thoughts of death?
(a) To protect himself.
(b) He thinks he can still get well.
(c) He is too busy to think about it.
(d) He thinks he is being foolish.
5. Ivan Ilych finally realizes, after seeing himself in the mirror, that his condition is a question of what?
(a) Positive thinking.
(b) Whether he can afford his new house now that he is not able to work.
(c) Life or death.
(d) Whether the kidney or the appendix is diseased.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what event did Peter Ivanovich go to on Friday?
2. How does Ivan Ilych respond when confronted with the symptoms of his illness?
3. Where does Ivan try to work?
4. How many children does Ivan Ilych and his wife have together?
5. Why does Ivan Ilych think that his case might not be so serious after all?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)