|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ivan Ilych's wife react to each child's loss?
(a) She decides to have no more children.
(b) She pretends that the child isn't dead for months.
(c) She wants to try for another child immediately.
(d) She becomes more ill temperered.
2. What did Peter Ivanovich realize as he was speaking to Praskovya Fedorovna?
(a) That Praskovya Fedorovna just wants to know if there is any additional government grant she can receive.
(b) That Peter Ivanovich would like to marry Praskovya Fedorovna .
(c) That Praskovya Fedorovna is very beautiful.
(d) That Praskovya Fedorovna talks too much.
3. How much will Ivan Ilych's new job pay on moving expenses?
(a) 3,500 rubles.
(c) 5,000 rubles.
(d) 1,500 rubles.
4. What two things that Ivan Ilych hears down the hall makes him react as he does?
(a) His family's good health and merriment.
(b) His friends' talents and good looks.
(c) His children's youth and abilities.
(d) The intruder's stealth and agility.
5. What does the doctor ignore?
(a) Ivan's ability to pay him.
(b) Ivan's fear that bruises are starting to spread all over his body.
(c) Ivan's wife's questions.
(d) The question as to whether or not Ivan's case is serious.
Short Answer Questions
1. After seeing himself in the mirror, what does Ivan Ilych finally admit to himself?
2. What game does Ivan Ilych like to play?
3. How did Peter Ivanovich learn the fate of the main character?
4. Where does Ivan Ilych take his family when he takes a leave of absence from his job?
5. How many children does Ivan Ilych and his wife have together?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)