|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ivan Ilych hear down the hall?
(a) His family getting the house ready for the party that night.
(b) His family visiting with his brother-in-law.
(c) An intruder.
2. How satisfied with his life is Ivan Ilych?
(a) Not at all.
(c) Only a very small amount.
3. What does the doctor focus on?
(a) Whether the pain is coming from the appendix or the kidney.
(b) Whether or not the doctor has met Ivan before.
(c) How many other patients are waiting to be seen.
(d) Whether or not Ivan can pay the bill.
4. What has Ivan Ilych used as an escape from reality?
(a) Writing his memoirs.
(b) Trying to stop the marriage of his daughter.
(d) Decorating his house.
5. What does Ivan Ilych think his wife wants of him?
(a) To be home for dinner every night.
(b) To entertain her all the time.
(c) To be a good father to their children.
(d) To be a good provider.
Short Answer Questions
1. After offering his condolences, what does Peter Ivanovich tell Praskovya Fedorovna?
2. How did Peter Ivanovich learn the fate of the main character?
3. Who is the main character?
4. What has Ivan Ilych's ambitions resulted in?
5. What offends Ivan Ilych the most about being passed over for a promotion?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)