|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ivan Ilych's wife behave toward his illness?
(a) She behaves as if Ivan has created this illness to annoy and inconvenience her.
(b) She becomes more loving than ever before toward Ivan.
(c) She becomes melancholy.
(d) She avoids Ivan.
2. Why does Ivan Ilych's animosity toward his former colleagues vanish?
(a) Ivan Ilych's new position places him two steps above them.
(b) He realizes he was being foolish.
(c) One of his former colleagues asks for his daughter's hand in marriage.
(d) They give him the promotion when he returns from his leave of absence.
3. Is Ivan Ilych in denial about his condition?
(a) No, he realizes he is going to die and is getting his will in order.
(b) Yes, and his family is trying to convince him how serious his condition is.
(c) Yes, he refuses to accept the seriousness of his condition.
(d) Yes, though his protective shield is starting to crack.
4. Is Ivan Ilych successful in understanding this?
(a) No, he cannot.
(b) Yes, immediately.
(c) Yes, most of the time.
(d) Yes, but it takes time to ponder.
5. Who helps Ivan Ilych begin to realize that he is dying?
(a) His daughter.
(b) His doctor.
(c) His brother-in-law.
(d) His wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many of Ivan Ilych's children die?
2. What does Ivan Ilych do for a few hours after seeing himself in the mirror for the first time in quite a while?
3. How old is Ivan Ilych's son?
4. When does Ivan Ilych believe his illness began?
5. Who is Ivan Ilych's wife?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)