|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Peter Ivanovich learn the fate of the main character?
(a) From a messager sent to tell him.
(b) From an announcement in the judge's chamber.
(c) From reading the newspaper.
(d) From Praskovya Fedorovna.
2. How does Ivan Ilych's relationship with his wife affect his work?
(a) He becomes close friends with the judge.
(b) He is unprepared for court.
(c) He becomes more and more ambitious.
(d) He misses several days.
3. Ivan Ilych's chief concern is to what?
(a) To be well enough to attend the party that evening.
(b) To follow doctor's orders exactly.
(c) To get his wife to listen to him.
(d) To continue working at his new job.
4. What did Peter Ivanovich realize as he was speaking to Praskovya Fedorovna?
(a) That Praskovya Fedorovna just wants to know if there is any additional government grant she can receive.
(b) That Peter Ivanovich would like to marry Praskovya Fedorovna .
(c) That Praskovya Fedorovna is very beautiful.
(d) That Praskovya Fedorovna talks too much.
5. When does Ivan Ilych's pain worsen?
(a) In the evening after dinner.
(b) In the morning after he wakes up.
(c) During the night.
(d) When he is upset.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ivan Ilych think will solve his new problem?
2. How long after Ivan Ilych sees the doctor does Chapter 5 begin?
3. What are two of Ivan Ilych's symptoms?
4. What profession is Ivan Ilych?
5. What relationship is the main character to Peter Ivanovich?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)