|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ivan Ilych forced to do with his thoughts of death?
(a) Tell his wife about them.
(b) Ignore them.
(c) Sit there and face them.
(d) Cry over them incessantly.
2. How satisfied with his life is Ivan Ilych?
(b) Only a very small amount.
(c) Not at all.
3. What game does Ivan Ilych like to play?
4. Why is Ivan Ilych able to find a new home that will please both him and his wife?
(a) His wife realizes Ivan has to find a house for the family quickly.
(b) They have the same taste.
(c) His wife does what Ivan tells her to do.
(d) His wife will live anywhere so long as her family is with her.
5. When Ivan Ilych discovers what makes his pain worse, how does he deal with it?
(a) He increases his dosage of his medication.
(b) He cries.
(c) He ignores things that might upset him.
(d) Ivan becomes constantly on guard against anything that might distress him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ivan Ilych do the more he senses that his wife is bored all the time?
2. What are two of Ivan Ilych's symptoms?
3. Who comes to visit Ivan Ilych in Chapter 5?
4. What causes Ivan Ilych much distress?
5. Why does Ivan Ilych think that his case might not be so serious after all?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)