|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Even after Ivan Ilych realizes that he is going to die, what kinds of thoughts does he try to think about?
(a) Thoughts that he considers more proper and healthy.
(b) How he can spend more time at the office.
(c) What he needs to do to become healthy again.
(d) How he can stop his daughter's marriage.
2. What does Ivan Ilych hear down the hall?
(a) His family visiting with his brother-in-law.
(b) An intruder.
(c) His family getting the house ready for the party that night.
3. What does Ivan Ilych see as "doing his duty?"
(a) To be the best father to his children.
(b) To do whatever pleases those in authority.
(c) To do whatever pleases his wife.
(d) To serve the judicial system honorably.
4. When Peter Ivanovich encounters Ivan Ilych's daughter and fiance, how to they look?
(b) Ready to cry.
(c) Happy together.
5. What does Ivan Ilych try to understand?
(a) How to arrange his life's work in his memoirs.
(b) How he could not have noticed his wife's beauty sooner.
(c) That he is dying.
(d) How his daughter could have accepted such a man's proposal of marriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first to leave the event that happened on Friday?
2. What are the symptoms that Ivan Ilych has?
3. Why does Ivan Ilych have difficulty working?
4. What does Ivan Ilych's son's face look like?
5. Who says, "death will come to everyone as God's will?"
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)