|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is it ironic that Ivan resents that his death is trivial?
(a) Ivan isn't dying.
(b) Ivan wouldn't die if he would just take his medicine.
(c) His life has been trivial all along and that never bothered him.
(d) Ivan enjoys all the attention his illness is getting him.
2. Ivan Ilych knows he gave his life to what?
(a) Decorating his house.
(b) The law.
(c) To getting that promotion that he knows he deserves.
(d) His family.
3. To what event did Peter Ivanovich go to on Friday?
(a) To a wedding.
(b) To a grand ball.
(c) To argue a court case.
(d) To a funeral.
4. What does the doctor focus on?
(a) Whether or not Ivan can pay the bill.
(b) Whether or not the doctor has met Ivan before.
(c) Whether the pain is coming from the appendix or the kidney.
(d) How many other patients are waiting to be seen.
5. When Ivan Ilych gets home from the doctor, what does he do?
(a) Asks his wife why dinner isn't ready.
(b) Tries to tell his wife and daughter everything.
(c) Breaks down and sobs uncontrollably.
(d) Sits down and takes a nap.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ivan Ilych's wife react to his worsening pain?
2. Why does Ivan Ilych's animosity toward his former colleagues vanish?
3. Is Ivan Ilych in denial about his condition?
4. What does the doctor ignore?
5. What does Ivan Ilych consider the worst part of death?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)