|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ivan try to live?
(b) Carefully, so as not to make his condition worse.
(c) With love in his heart toward all.
(d) As he lived before he was dying.
2. How long after Ivan Ilych sees the doctor does Chapter 5 begin?
(a) 2 months later.
(b) 2 days later.
(c) 1 year later.
(d) 1 week later.
3. Who is the first character introduced in Chapter 5?
(a) Ivan's doctor.
(c) Ivan's brother-in-law.
(d) Ivan's wife.
4. What has Ivan Ilych's ambitions resulted in?
(a) Alienation of his children.
(b) Terrible headaches.
(c) Increasing levels of power at work.
(d) Tension between he and his wife.
5. Ivan Ilych knows he gave his life to what?
(a) To getting that promotion that he knows he deserves.
(b) His family.
(c) The law.
(d) Decorating his house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Ivan Ilych much distress?
2. How does Ivan Ilych react to his worsening pain?
3. What does the doctor ignore?
4. What relationship is the main character to Peter Ivanovich?
5. How does the doctor respond when Ivan Ilych presses him for an answer to the seriousness of his symptoms?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)