|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ivan Ilych respond when confronted with the symptoms of his illness?
(a) Ivan asserts that they are all in good health.
(b) Ivan begins to cry.
(c) Ivan tells his wife.
(d) Ivan asks his daughter for help.
2. Why are his wife and daughter anxious when Ivan Ilych arrives home?
(a) They are anxious because Ivan had been gone so long.
(b) They are anxious to go out.
(c) They are anxious to get the house clean for the party that night.
(d) They are anxious to hear what the doctor had to say.
3. When Peter Ivanovich encounters Ivan Ilych's daughter and fiance, how to they look?
(b) Ready to cry.
(c) Happy together.
4. What does Ivan Ilych consider the worst part of death?
(a) That he will never see his new house fully decorated.
(b) The unbearable pain.
(c) It allows him no action to take.
(d) That it will take him away from his family.
5. What galls Ivan Ilych to think?
(a) That he won't have enough time to finish his memoirs.
(b) That he cannot stop his daughter from marrying the wrong man.
(c) That he wasted so much time with his wife.
(d) That he will die over something so trivial.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ivan Ilych finally realizes, after seeing himself in the mirror, that his condition is a question of what?
2. How much will Ivan Ilych's new job pay on moving expenses?
3. What does Ivan Ilych admit to himself for the first time after seeing himself in the mirror?
4. Why doesn't Ivan Ilych change his life?
5. Who is the first character introduced in Chapter 5?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)