|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Ivan Ilych much distress?
(a) His wife.
(b) The severe pain.
(c) Not being able to continue working at his new job.
(d) Being constantly on guard against anything that might distress him.
2. When does Ivan Ilych's pain worsen?
(a) In the morning after he wakes up.
(b) In the evening after dinner.
(c) When he is upset.
(d) During the night.
3. How does Ivan Ilych's relationship with his wife affect his work?
(a) He becomes more and more ambitious.
(b) He misses several days.
(c) He becomes close friends with the judge.
(d) He is unprepared for court.
4. What is the setting of Chapter 1?
(a) The judge's chamber.
(b) The church.
(c) The courtroom.
(d) Ivan Ilych's house.
5. What happens to Ivan Ilych one day as he is adjusting a curtain?
(a) Ivan falls and rips the curtain.
(b) Ivan falls on his wife.
(c) Ivan falls and breaks his leg.
(d) Ivan slips on a stepladder and receives a nasty bruise on his side.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ivan Ilych's wife tell him to do, after he gets back from the doctor?
2. What is the conflict in Chapter 5?
3. To what or whom does Peter Ivanovich refuse to yield to?
4. Why does Ivan Ilych's animosity toward his former colleagues vanish?
5. When Ivan Ilych gets home from the doctor, what does he do?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)