|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What offends Ivan Ilych the most about being passed over for a promotion?
(a) Others seem to see his struggles as quite ordinary.
(b) The person promoted is less qualified for the job than he is.
(c) Ivan didn't get an apology from his boss for not promoting him.
(d) Ivan had been told he was going to get the promotion.
2. Which character does Chapter 2 discuss?
(b) Praskovya Fedorovna.
(c) Peter Ivanovich.
(d) Ivan Ilych.
3. Where does Ivan try to work?
(a) His study.
(b) The law courts.
(c) The university nearby.
(d) He doesn't try to work.
4. Why is it ironic that Ivan resents that his death is trivial?
(a) His life has been trivial all along and that never bothered him.
(b) Ivan wouldn't die if he would just take his medicine.
(c) Ivan enjoys all the attention his illness is getting him.
(d) Ivan isn't dying.
5. Without the distraction of work, what happens to Ivan Ilych?
(a) He falls in love with another woman.
(b) He discovers what is wrong with his life.
(c) He realizes how much he loves his wife.
(d) He falls into a profound depression.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ivan Ilych consider the worst part of death?
2. What does Ivan Ilych's wife tell him to do, after he gets back from the doctor?
3. Why is this year the hardest year of Ivan Ilych?
4. After seeing himself in the mirror, what does Ivan Ilych finally admit to himself?
5. What did Praskovya Fedorovna tell Peter Ivanovich about the main character?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)