|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two things that Ivan Ilych hears down the hall makes him react as he does?
(a) His friends' talents and good looks.
(b) The intruder's stealth and agility.
(c) His children's youth and abilities.
(d) His family's good health and merriment.
2. How long ago did Ivan Ilych start his career?
(a) 6 years ago.
(b) So long ago he can't remember.
(c) 20 years ago.
(d) 17 years ago.
3. After seeing himself in the mirror, what does Ivan Ilych finally admit to himself?
(a) That he is dying.
(b) That his daughter is marrying the wrong man.
(c) That he must write his memoirs before it's too late.
(d) That his wife is truly beautiful.
4. What does Ivan Ilych think his wife wants of him?
(a) To be a good provider.
(b) To entertain her all the time.
(c) To be a good father to their children.
(d) To be home for dinner every night.
5. After offering his condolences, what does Peter Ivanovich tell Praskovya Fedorovna?
(a) That Praskovya Fedorovna is very beautiful.
(b) That Peter Ivanovich must leave.
(c) That Praskovya Fedorovna has received all the money the government will give her.
(d) That Peter Ivanovich has been secretly in love with Praskovya Fedorovna for years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has happened to the main character?
2. What does the doctor ignore?
3. How much will Ivan Ilych's new job pay on moving expenses?
4. What does Ivan Ilych guess the doctor's prognosis is?
5. Even after Ivan Ilych realizes that he is going to die, what kinds of thoughts does he try to think about?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)