|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Ivan Ilych's ambitions resulted in?
(a) Alienation of his children.
(b) Tension between he and his wife.
(c) Terrible headaches.
(d) Increasing levels of power at work.
2. What does the doctor focus on?
(a) Whether or not Ivan can pay the bill.
(b) Whether the pain is coming from the appendix or the kidney.
(c) How many other patients are waiting to be seen.
(d) Whether or not the doctor has met Ivan before.
3. What galls Ivan Ilych to think?
(a) That he will die over something so trivial.
(b) That he cannot stop his daughter from marrying the wrong man.
(c) That he wasted so much time with his wife.
(d) That he won't have enough time to finish his memoirs.
4. Which character does Chapter 2 discuss?
(a) Peter Ivanovich.
(b) Ivan Ilych.
(d) Praskovya Fedorovna.
5. Ivan Ilych knows he gave his life to what?
(a) To getting that promotion that he knows he deserves.
(b) Decorating his house.
(c) His family.
(d) The law.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Ivan Ilych's son?
2. How satisfied with his life is Ivan Ilych?
3. What has happened to the main character?
4. How does Ivan Ilych respond when confronted with the symptoms of his illness?
5. What does Ivan Ilych do the more he senses that his wife is bored all the time?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)