|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ivan Ilych marry?
(a) He is in love.
(b) He wants his wife's money.
(c) His father-in-law forces him.
(d) It seems expected of him.
2. After offering his condolences, what does Peter Ivanovich tell Praskovya Fedorovna?
(a) That Praskovya Fedorovna is very beautiful.
(b) That Peter Ivanovich has been secretly in love with Praskovya Fedorovna for years.
(c) That Peter Ivanovich must leave.
(d) That Praskovya Fedorovna has received all the money the government will give her.
3. Ivan Ilych's chief concern is to what?
(a) To continue working at his new job.
(b) To follow doctor's orders exactly.
(c) To get his wife to listen to him.
(d) To be well enough to attend the party that evening.
4. What did the sight of Ivan Ilych seem to convey to Peter Ivanovich?
(a) Conviction and righteousness.
(b) Anger and hostility.
(c) Optimism and joy.
(d) Reproach or warning.
5. Even after Ivan Ilych realizes that he is going to die, what kinds of thoughts does he try to think about?
(a) Thoughts that he considers more proper and healthy.
(b) How he can stop his daughter's marriage.
(c) What he needs to do to become healthy again.
(d) How he can spend more time at the office.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ivan Ilych hear down the hall?
2. Why is Ivan Ilych able to find a new home that will please both him and his wife?
3. How much will Ivan Ilych's new job pay on moving expenses?
4. To what event did Peter Ivanovich go to on Friday?
5. What does Ivan Ilych admit to himself for the first time after seeing himself in the mirror?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)