|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Ivan Ilych much distress?
(a) His wife.
(b) Being constantly on guard against anything that might distress him.
(c) Not being able to continue working at his new job.
(d) The severe pain.
2. What does Ivan Ilych think will solve his new problem?
(a) Divorce his wife.
(b) Celebrate his love for his wife with a grand ball.
(c) To obtain a new job.
(d) Go to medical school.
3. What does Ivan Ilych guess the doctor's prognosis is?
(a) It is not as bad as he thought it was.
(b) It is nothing to worry about.
(c) Ivan doesn't guess at the doctor's prognosis.
(d) It is very bad.
4. Why does Ivan Ilych react to his realization the way he does?
(a) He cannot believe he is dying so young.
(b) He somehow feels he is exempt from death.
(c) He doesn't want to leave his family.
(d) He knows he has done some terrible things in his life.
5. What is wrong with Ivan Ilych's current job?
(a) It's boring.
(b) The money isn't enough to keep up with his standard of living.
(c) The workload is too heavy.
(d) There's not enough to do.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Peter Ivanovich learn the fate of the main character?
2. Who did Peter Ivanovich meet first at Ivan Ilych's house?
3. What does Ivan Ilych see as "doing his duty?"
4. To what event did Peter Ivanovich go to on Friday?
5. What does Ivan Ilych feel toward what he hears down the hall?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)