|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What galls Ivan Ilych to think?
(a) That he will die over something so trivial.
(b) That he wasted so much time with his wife.
(c) That he cannot stop his daughter from marrying the wrong man.
(d) That he won't have enough time to finish his memoirs.
2. How much money does Ivan Ilych need to be paid?
(a) Enough to afford to send his son to medical school.
(b) Enough to buy a summer house.
(c) No less than 10,000 rubles.
(d) At least 5,000 rubles.
3. With whom does Ivan Ilych play the game that he enjoys?
(b) His friends.
(c) His son.
(d) His wife.
4. When does Ivan Ilych believe his illness began?
(a) When he went back to work.
(b) When he fell off the ladder and bruised his side.
(c) When he bought his new house.
(d) When he moved in with his brother-in-law.
5. Why doesn't Ivan Ilych change his life?
(a) He doesn't have enough money to change it the way he wants it.
(b) His wife won't let him change it.
(c) He likes his life as it is.
(d) He has no imagination for creating another life.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first to leave the event that happened on Friday?
2. What relationship is the main character to Peter Ivanovich?
3. What causes Ivan Ilych much distress?
4. Why does Ivan Ilych's animosity toward his former colleagues vanish?
5. Who helps Ivan Ilych begin to realize that he is dying?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)