|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the conflict in Chapter 5?
(a) Ivan cannot stay awake, but he has work to do.
(b) Ivan dislikes his brother-in-law but must visit with him.
(c) Ivan feels that know one is listening to him.
(d) Ivan still cannot accept that he may be dying.
2. What does Ivan Ilych's son's face look like?
3. Who is Ivan Ilych's wife?
(a) Praskovya Fedorovna.
(c) Vladimir Ivanich.
4. Ivan Ilych finally realizes, after seeing himself in the mirror, that his condition is a question of what?
(a) Whether he can afford his new house now that he is not able to work.
(b) Life or death.
(c) Positive thinking.
(d) Whether the kidney or the appendix is diseased.
5. What major theme of the novel is introduced in Chapter 6?
(a) Working too hard can kill you.
(b) We die as we live.
(c) Leave the curtain the way it is.
(d) Without family we are nothing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are two of Ivan Ilych's symptoms?
2. What does Ivan Ilych think will solve his new problem?
3. Why is this year the hardest year of Ivan Ilych?
4. What does Ivan Ilych think his wife wants of him?
5. Which character does Chapter 2 discuss?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)