|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the setting of Chapter 1?
(a) Ivan Ilych's house.
(b) The church.
(c) The judge's chamber.
(d) The courtroom.
2. What causes Ivan Ilych much distress?
(a) Not being able to continue working at his new job.
(b) Being constantly on guard against anything that might distress him.
(c) The severe pain.
(d) His wife.
3. What does Ivan Ilych recognize in the doctor's professional air?
(a) Condescension and disdain.
(b) Aloofness and indifference.
(c) His own attitude toward an accused person in court.
(d) Compassion and pity.
4. What game does Ivan Ilych like to play?
5. What has happened to the main character?
(a) He has died.
(b) He has been newly wed.
(c) He has just become a grandfather.
(d) He has been promoted.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ivan Ilych's wife react to each child's loss?
2. Where does Ivan try to work?
3. What major theme of the novel is introduced in Chapter 6?
4. What does Ivan Ilych consider the worst part of death?
5. After seeing himself in the mirror, what does Ivan Ilych finally admit to himself?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)