|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children does Ivan Ilych and his wife have together?
2. How much will Ivan Ilych's new job pay on moving expenses?
(b) 3,500 rubles.
(c) 5,000 rubles.
(d) 1,500 rubles.
3. After offering his condolences, what does Peter Ivanovich tell Praskovya Fedorovna?
(a) That Peter Ivanovich must leave.
(b) That Praskovya Fedorovna is very beautiful.
(c) That Peter Ivanovich has been secretly in love with Praskovya Fedorovna for years.
(d) That Praskovya Fedorovna has received all the money the government will give her.
4. What is the conflict in Chapter 5?
(a) Ivan dislikes his brother-in-law but must visit with him.
(b) Ivan still cannot accept that he may be dying.
(c) Ivan feels that know one is listening to him.
(d) Ivan cannot stay awake, but he has work to do.
5. Why is it ironic that Ivan resents that his death is trivial?
(a) His life has been trivial all along and that never bothered him.
(b) Ivan isn't dying.
(c) Ivan enjoys all the attention his illness is getting him.
(d) Ivan wouldn't die if he would just take his medicine.
Short Answer Questions
1. Is Ivan Ilych in denial about his condition?
2. Why doesn't Ivan Ilych change his life?
3. What has happened to the main character?
4. Once settled, what makes Ivan Ilych irritable?
5. Who is the main character?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)