|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Ivan Ilych change his life?
(a) He doesn't have enough money to change it the way he wants it.
(b) He likes his life as it is.
(c) He has no imagination for creating another life.
(d) His wife won't let him change it.
2. What relationship is the main character to Peter Ivanovich?
(a) The main character's boss.
(b) The main character's son-in-law.
(c) The main character's brother.
(d) A lifelong acquaintance and colleaque of the main character.
3. What profession is Ivan Ilych?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) A teacher.
(d) A judge.
4. When Ivan Ilych looks in the mirror some time after greeting his brother-in-law, what does he see for the first time?
(a) A tumor.
(b) How thin and yellow he has become.
(c) How old he really is.
(d) How healthy he now looks.
5. Ivan Ilych's chief concern is to what?
(a) To continue working at his new job.
(b) To be well enough to attend the party that evening.
(c) To follow doctor's orders exactly.
(d) To get his wife to listen to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ivan Ilych see in the eyes of his brother-in-law?
2. Without the distraction of work, what happens to Ivan Ilych?
3. What offends Ivan Ilych the most about being passed over for a promotion?
4. Who comes to visit Ivan Ilych in Chapter 5?
5. When does Ivan Ilych's pain worsen?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)