|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ivan Ilych feel toward what he hears down the hall?
2. Why does Ivan Ilych take his family there?
(a) For a vacation.
(b) To save money.
(c) To hide from the law.
(d) For a visit.
3. After seeing himself for the first time in many months in the mirror, what reaction does Ivan Ilych have to what he sees?
(a) Anger rises up inside him.
(b) He is relieved that he was finally able to admit it.
(c) He falls for the second time.
(d) He becomes dizzy and faints.
4. To what or whom does Peter Ivanovich refuse to yield to?
(a) Any depressing thoughts.
(b) The bicycle on the left.
(c) The prosecution.
(d) Ivan Ilych.
5. Why is this year the hardest year of Ivan Ilych?
(a) His daughter is killed.
(b) His wife leaves him.
(c) He is passed over for promotion.
(d) His wife dies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "death will come to everyone as God's will?"
2. Why does Ivan Ilych react to his realization the way he does?
3. Why doesn't Ivan Ilych change his life?
4. With whom does Ivan Ilych play the game that he enjoys?
5. Is Ivan Ilych in denial about his condition?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)