|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what or whom does Peter Ivanovich refuse to yield to?
(a) The bicycle on the left.
(b) The prosecution.
(c) Any depressing thoughts.
(d) Ivan Ilych.
2. How does the doctor respond when Ivan Ilych presses him for an answer to the seriousness of his symptoms?
(a) The doctor tells Ivan that he has only weeks to live.
(b) The doctor states that he has already told Ivan what he considers proper.
(c) The doctor tells Ivan that it isn't anything to worry about.
(d) The doctor tells Ivan he needs to do more tests.
3. What does Ivan Ilych's son's face look like?
4. What is Praskovya Fedorovna's relationship to the main character?
5. When does Ivan Ilych take a leave of absence from his job?
(a) The following year.
(b) The day after he is not promoted.
(c) The summer of 1865.
(d) The summer of 1880.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ivan Ilych marry?
2. How old is Ivan Ilych's son?
3. To what event did Peter Ivanovich go to on Friday?
4. What offends Ivan Ilych the most about being passed over for a promotion?
5. What does the doctor focus on?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)