|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the doctor focus on?
(a) Whether or not Ivan can pay the bill.
(b) Whether the pain is coming from the appendix or the kidney.
(c) Whether or not the doctor has met Ivan before.
(d) How many other patients are waiting to be seen.
2. What does Ivan Ilych see as "doing his duty?"
(a) To be the best father to his children.
(b) To do whatever pleases his wife.
(c) To do whatever pleases those in authority.
(d) To serve the judicial system honorably.
3. Who did Peter Ivanovich meet first at Ivan Ilych's house?
(b) Ivan Ilych.
(c) Praskovya Fedorovna.
4. What does Ivan Ilych's son's face look like?
5. What does Ivan Ilych guess the doctor's prognosis is?
(a) Ivan doesn't guess at the doctor's prognosis.
(b) It is not as bad as he thought it was.
(c) It is nothing to worry about.
(d) It is very bad.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ivan Ilych recognize in the doctor's professional air?
2. How does Ivan Ilych respond when confronted with the symptoms of his illness?
3. What does Ivan Ilych think his wife wants of him?
4. Ivan Ilych's chief concern is to what?
5. Ivan Ilych finally realizes, after seeing himself in the mirror, that his condition is a question of what?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)