|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After offering his condolences, what does Peter Ivanovich tell Praskovya Fedorovna?
(a) That Praskovya Fedorovna is very beautiful.
(b) That Peter Ivanovich has been secretly in love with Praskovya Fedorovna for years.
(c) That Praskovya Fedorovna has received all the money the government will give her.
(d) That Peter Ivanovich must leave.
2. What offends Ivan Ilych the most about being passed over for a promotion?
(a) Ivan had been told he was going to get the promotion.
(b) Others seem to see his struggles as quite ordinary.
(c) Ivan didn't get an apology from his boss for not promoting him.
(d) The person promoted is less qualified for the job than he is.
3. What does Ivan Ilych think his wife wants of him?
(a) To be home for dinner every night.
(b) To entertain her all the time.
(c) To be a good provider.
(d) To be a good father to their children.
4. What profession is Ivan Ilych?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A judge.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) A teacher.
5. What did Peter Ivanovich realize as he was speaking to Praskovya Fedorovna?
(a) That Praskovya Fedorovna just wants to know if there is any additional government grant she can receive.
(b) That Peter Ivanovich would like to marry Praskovya Fedorovna .
(c) That Praskovya Fedorovna talks too much.
(d) That Praskovya Fedorovna is very beautiful.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps Ivan Ilych begin to realize that he is dying?
2. What does Ivan Ilych do for a few hours after seeing himself in the mirror for the first time in quite a while?
3. Who is the main character?
4. Who is the first character introduced in Chapter 5?
5. After seeing himself for the first time in many months in the mirror, what reaction does Ivan Ilych have to what he sees?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)