|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are two of Ivan Ilych's symptoms?
(a) The weird taste in his mouth and his craving for blintzes.
(b) Other bruises appear on his body and the pain in his side.
(c) The weird taste in his mouth and the pain in his side.
(d) Nose bleeds and a terrible limp.
2. What does Ivan Ilych feel toward what he hears down the hall?
3. Why is this year the hardest year of Ivan Ilych?
(a) His wife leaves him.
(b) His wife dies.
(c) His daughter is killed.
(d) He is passed over for promotion.
4. How does Ivan Ilych react to the thought that he is dying?
(c) Deep depression.
5. How does the doctor respond when Ivan Ilych presses him for an answer to the seriousness of his symptoms?
(a) The doctor tells Ivan he needs to do more tests.
(b) The doctor states that he has already told Ivan what he considers proper.
(c) The doctor tells Ivan that he has only weeks to live.
(d) The doctor tells Ivan that it isn't anything to worry about.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is wrong with Ivan Ilych's current job?
2. Once settled, what makes Ivan Ilych irritable?
3. Why does Ivan Ilych's animosity toward his former colleagues vanish?
4. What does Ivan Ilych hear down the hall?
5. What has Ivan Ilych's ambitions resulted in?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)