|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ivan Ilych see as "doing his duty?"
(a) To do whatever pleases those in authority.
(b) To be the best father to his children.
(c) To serve the judicial system honorably.
(d) To do whatever pleases his wife.
2. What relationship is the main character to Peter Ivanovich?
(a) The main character's boss.
(b) The main character's son-in-law.
(c) A lifelong acquaintance and colleaque of the main character.
(d) The main character's brother.
3. How does Ivan Ilych's relationship with his wife affect his work?
(a) He becomes close friends with the judge.
(b) He is unprepared for court.
(c) He misses several days.
(d) He becomes more and more ambitious.
4. What did the sight of Ivan Ilych seem to convey to Peter Ivanovich?
(a) Conviction and righteousness.
(b) Anger and hostility.
(c) Reproach or warning.
(d) Optimism and joy.
5. What does Ivan Ilych think will solve his new problem?
(a) Divorce his wife.
(b) Celebrate his love for his wife with a grand ball.
(c) To obtain a new job.
(d) Go to medical school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Ivan Ilych one day as he is adjusting a curtain?
2. How much money does Ivan Ilych need to be paid?
3. Where did Ivan Ilych find a new job?
4. What did Peter Ivanovich realize as he was speaking to Praskovya Fedorovna?
5. What does the doctor focus on?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)