|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Ivan Ilych's ambitions resulted in?
(a) Terrible headaches.
(b) Alienation of his children.
(c) Tension between he and his wife.
(d) Increasing levels of power at work.
2. Why is Ivan Ilych able to find a new home that will please both him and his wife?
(a) His wife will live anywhere so long as her family is with her.
(b) His wife does what Ivan tells her to do.
(c) They have the same taste.
(d) His wife realizes Ivan has to find a house for the family quickly.
3. What does Ivan Ilych guess the doctor's prognosis is?
(a) It is not as bad as he thought it was.
(b) It is nothing to worry about.
(c) Ivan doesn't guess at the doctor's prognosis.
(d) It is very bad.
4. Who is Ivan Ilych's wife?
(b) Vladimir Ivanich.
(c) Praskovya Fedorovna.
5. What does Ivan Ilych recognize in the doctor's professional air?
(a) Condescension and disdain.
(b) Aloofness and indifference.
(c) Compassion and pity.
(d) His own attitude toward an accused person in court.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ivan Ilych's relationship with his wife affect his work?
2. How old is Ivan Ilych's son?
3. How much money does Ivan Ilych need to be paid?
4. What is the setting of Chapter 1?
5. What does Ivan Ilych do for a few hours after seeing himself in the mirror for the first time in quite a while?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)