|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Ivan Ilych's pain worsen?
(a) During the night.
(b) When he is upset.
(c) In the evening after dinner.
(d) In the morning after he wakes up.
2. What are two of Ivan Ilych's symptoms?
(a) Nose bleeds and a terrible limp.
(b) The weird taste in his mouth and his craving for blintzes.
(c) Other bruises appear on his body and the pain in his side.
(d) The weird taste in his mouth and the pain in his side.
3. What did Peter Ivanovich realize as he was speaking to Praskovya Fedorovna?
(a) That Praskovya Fedorovna just wants to know if there is any additional government grant she can receive.
(b) That Praskovya Fedorovna is very beautiful.
(c) That Peter Ivanovich would like to marry Praskovya Fedorovna .
(d) That Praskovya Fedorovna talks too much.
4. What does Ivan Ilych think his wife wants of him?
(a) To entertain her all the time.
(b) To be home for dinner every night.
(c) To be a good provider.
(d) To be a good father to their children.
5. How satisfied with his life is Ivan Ilych?
(b) Only a very small amount.
(d) Not at all.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children does Ivan Ilych and his wife have together?
2. When Ivan Ilych discovers what makes his pain worse, how does he deal with it?
3. Why does Ivan Ilych think that his case might not be so serious after all?
4. How does Ivan Ilych react to his worsening pain?
5. What does the doctor ignore?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)