|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Ivan Ilych change his life?
(a) He has no imagination for creating another life.
(b) He doesn't have enough money to change it the way he wants it.
(c) His wife won't let him change it.
(d) He likes his life as it is.
2. How does Ivan Ilych respond when confronted with the symptoms of his illness?
(a) Ivan asks his daughter for help.
(b) Ivan begins to cry.
(c) Ivan tells his wife.
(d) Ivan asserts that they are all in good health.
3. When Ivan Ilych looks in the mirror some time after greeting his brother-in-law, what does he see for the first time?
(a) How old he really is.
(b) How healthy he now looks.
(c) A tumor.
(d) How thin and yellow he has become.
4. Who is the first character introduced in Chapter 5?
(a) Ivan's brother-in-law.
(b) Ivan's doctor.
(c) Ivan's wife.
5. What does Ivan Ilych think of his marriage?
(a) It is exciting.
(b) It is happy.
(c) It is all he ever wanted.
(d) It is unhappy.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what or whom does Peter Ivanovich refuse to yield to?
2. Why does Ivan Ilych think that his case might not be so serious after all?
3. What did the sight of Ivan Ilych seem to convey to Peter Ivanovich?
4. Why does Ivan Ilych marry?
5. What does Ivan Ilych see as "doing his duty?"
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)