|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Peter Ivanovich realize as he was speaking to Praskovya Fedorovna?
(a) That Praskovya Fedorovna is very beautiful.
(b) That Peter Ivanovich would like to marry Praskovya Fedorovna .
(c) That Praskovya Fedorovna just wants to know if there is any additional government grant she can receive.
(d) That Praskovya Fedorovna talks too much.
2. How does the doctor respond when Ivan Ilych presses him for an answer to the seriousness of his symptoms?
(a) The doctor states that he has already told Ivan what he considers proper.
(b) The doctor tells Ivan that it isn't anything to worry about.
(c) The doctor tells Ivan he needs to do more tests.
(d) The doctor tells Ivan that he has only weeks to live.
3. Once settled, what makes Ivan Ilych irritable?
(a) The family's new dog.
(b) Every new stain or imperfection.
(c) His wife.
(d) His children.
4. After offering his condolences, what does Peter Ivanovich tell Praskovya Fedorovna?
(a) That Peter Ivanovich must leave.
(b) That Praskovya Fedorovna has received all the money the government will give her.
(c) That Praskovya Fedorovna is very beautiful.
(d) That Peter Ivanovich has been secretly in love with Praskovya Fedorovna for years.
5. Why does Ivan Ilych think that his case might not be so serious after all?
(a) Because the doctor tells him not to worry.
(b) Because he is feeling better already.
(c) Because he reads about it in a medical book.
(d) Because his wife can go out as usual.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are his wife and daughter anxious when Ivan Ilych arrives home?
2. What offends Ivan Ilych the most about being passed over for a promotion?
3. What does Ivan Ilych guess the doctor's prognosis is?
4. Why does Ivan Ilych marry?
5. Who is the first character introduced in Chapter 5?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)