|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Ivan Ilych much distress?
(a) Being constantly on guard against anything that might distress him.
(b) His wife.
(c) Not being able to continue working at his new job.
(d) The severe pain.
2. Which character does Chapter 2 discuss?
(a) Praskovya Fedorovna.
(b) Ivan Ilych.
(d) Peter Ivanovich.
3. What does the doctor focus on?
(a) Whether or not Ivan can pay the bill.
(b) How many other patients are waiting to be seen.
(c) Whether or not the doctor has met Ivan before.
(d) Whether the pain is coming from the appendix or the kidney.
4. Why does Ivan Ilych think that his case might not be so serious after all?
(a) Because he is feeling better already.
(b) Because the doctor tells him not to worry.
(c) Because his wife can go out as usual.
(d) Because he reads about it in a medical book.
5. What relationship is the main character to Peter Ivanovich?
(a) The main character's brother.
(b) The main character's boss.
(c) A lifelong acquaintance and colleaque of the main character.
(d) The main character's son-in-law.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does Ivan Ilych need to be paid?
2. In the beginning of Chapter 3, what is Ivan Ilych's professional title?
3. What does Ivan Ilych do the more he senses that his wife is bored all the time?
4. What does the doctor ignore?
5. What does Ivan Ilych think his wife wants of him?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)