|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ivan Ilych guess the doctor's prognosis is?
(a) It is not as bad as he thought it was.
(b) It is nothing to worry about.
(c) Ivan doesn't guess at the doctor's prognosis.
(d) It is very bad.
2. With whom does Ivan Ilych play the game that he enjoys?
(a) His son.
(c) His wife.
(d) His friends.
3. How does Ivan Ilych's view his life?
(a) As extraordinary.
(b) Exactly the way he hoped it would be.
(c) As most ordinary.
(d) As exciting.
4. What does Ivan Ilych do the more he senses that his wife is bored all the time?
(a) He carves out a life independent from her.
(b) He buys a home near the sea.
(c) He takes her on vacation.
(d) He tries harder to make her happy.
5. What are the symptoms that Ivan Ilych has?
(a) He is unable to walk and or lift his right arm.
(b) He had terrible headaches and is balding.
(c) He is thin and yellow.
(d) He has gained a lot of weight and limps.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Ivan Ilych change his life?
2. Who comes to visit Ivan Ilych in Chapter 5?
3. How long ago did Ivan Ilych start his career?
4. After seeing himself for the first time in many months in the mirror, what reaction does Ivan Ilych have to what he sees?
5. Why is Ivan Ilych able to find a new home that will please both him and his wife?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)