|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the doctor ignore?
(a) Ivan's fear that bruises are starting to spread all over his body.
(b) Ivan's wife's questions.
(c) The question as to whether or not Ivan's case is serious.
(d) Ivan's ability to pay him.
2. Where does Ivan Ilych take his family when he takes a leave of absence from his job?
(a) To America.
(b) To the seaside.
(c) To his wife's brother's family.
(d) To the countryside.
3. What two things that Ivan Ilych hears down the hall makes him react as he does?
(a) The intruder's stealth and agility.
(b) His children's youth and abilities.
(c) His family's good health and merriment.
(d) His friends' talents and good looks.
4. Why does Ivan Ilych's animosity toward his former colleagues vanish?
(a) One of his former colleagues asks for his daughter's hand in marriage.
(b) Ivan Ilych's new position places him two steps above them.
(c) He realizes he was being foolish.
(d) They give him the promotion when he returns from his leave of absence.
5. How long after Ivan Ilych sees the doctor does Chapter 5 begin?
(a) 2 months later.
(b) 2 days later.
(c) 1 year later.
(d) 1 week later.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Peter Ivanovich learn the fate of the main character?
2. What offends Ivan Ilych the most about being passed over for a promotion?
3. How does Ivan Ilych's relationship with his wife affect his work?
4. Why is this year the hardest year of Ivan Ilych?
5. Ivan Ilych's chief concern is to what?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)