|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ivan Ilych respond when confronted with the symptoms of his illness?
(a) Ivan begins to cry.
(b) Ivan asserts that they are all in good health.
(c) Ivan asks his daughter for help.
(d) Ivan tells his wife.
2. How does Ivan Ilych's wife react to his worsening pain?
(a) She ignores him.
(b) She insists he see a doctor.
(c) She chastises him for whining.
(d) She criticizes him for fixing the curtain.
3. Who is Ivan Ilych's wife?
(a) Vladimir Ivanich.
(b) Praskovya Fedorovna.
4. How does the doctor respond when Ivan Ilych presses him for an answer to the seriousness of his symptoms?
(a) The doctor tells Ivan that he has only weeks to live.
(b) The doctor states that he has already told Ivan what he considers proper.
(c) The doctor tells Ivan that it isn't anything to worry about.
(d) The doctor tells Ivan he needs to do more tests.
5. Why does Ivan Ilych react to his realization the way he does?
(a) He knows he has done some terrible things in his life.
(b) He cannot believe he is dying so young.
(c) He somehow feels he is exempt from death.
(d) He doesn't want to leave his family.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is wrong with Ivan Ilych's current job?
2. Where does Ivan Ilych take his family when he takes a leave of absence from his job?
3. What is the conflict in Chapter 5?
4. To what event did Peter Ivanovich go to on Friday?
5. After seeing himself for the first time in many months in the mirror, what reaction does Ivan Ilych have to what he sees?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)