|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ivan Ilych's view his life?
(a) As exciting.
(b) Exactly the way he hoped it would be.
(c) As most ordinary.
(d) As extraordinary.
2. Why does Ivan Ilych react to his realization the way he does?
(a) He somehow feels he is exempt from death.
(b) He cannot believe he is dying so young.
(c) He knows he has done some terrible things in his life.
(d) He doesn't want to leave his family.
3. What does Ivan Ilych guess the doctor's prognosis is?
(a) It is nothing to worry about.
(b) Ivan doesn't guess at the doctor's prognosis.
(c) It is very bad.
(d) It is not as bad as he thought it was.
4. How much will Ivan Ilych's new job pay on moving expenses?
(a) 1,500 rubles.
(b) 3,500 rubles.
(d) 5,000 rubles.
5. Who is the first to leave the event that happened on Friday?
(a) Praskovya Fedorovna.
(b) Ivan Ilych's daughter and fiance.
(c) Ivan Ilych's son.
(d) Peter Ivanovich.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ivan Ilych's wife tell him to do, after he gets back from the doctor?
2. What does Ivan Ilych see as "doing his duty?"
3. Is Ivan Ilych in denial about his condition?
4. Why does Ivan Ilych think that his case might not be so serious after all?
5. What did the sight of Ivan Ilych seem to convey to Peter Ivanovich?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)