|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ivan Ilych admit to himself for the first time after seeing himself in the mirror?
(a) That he is a good man.
(b) That he is dying.
(c) That he is an excellent husband.
(d) That he really wished he'd gone to medical school instead of becoming a lawyer.
2. Why does Ivan Ilych react to his realization the way he does?
(a) He cannot believe he is dying so young.
(b) He somehow feels he is exempt from death.
(c) He doesn't want to leave his family.
(d) He knows he has done some terrible things in his life.
3. What does the doctor ignore?
(a) Ivan's fear that bruises are starting to spread all over his body.
(b) The question as to whether or not Ivan's case is serious.
(c) Ivan's ability to pay him.
(d) Ivan's wife's questions.
4. What does Ivan Ilych think of his marriage?
(a) It is unhappy.
(b) It is all he ever wanted.
(c) It is happy.
(d) It is exciting.
5. How does Ivan Ilych respond when confronted with the symptoms of his illness?
(a) Ivan begins to cry.
(b) Ivan tells his wife.
(c) Ivan asks his daughter for help.
(d) Ivan asserts that they are all in good health.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first to leave the event that happened on Friday?
2. How satisfied with his life is Ivan Ilych?
3. Once settled, what makes Ivan Ilych irritable?
4. How many children does Ivan Ilych and his wife have together?
5. What did Praskovya Fedorovna tell Peter Ivanovich about the main character?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)