|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Praskovya Fedorovna's relationship to the main character?
2. When does Ivan Ilych take a leave of absence from his job?
(a) The following year.
(b) The day after he is not promoted.
(c) The summer of 1880.
(d) The summer of 1865.
3. What does Ivan Ilych's son's face look like?
4. How did Peter Ivanovich learn the fate of the main character?
(a) From reading the newspaper.
(b) From Praskovya Fedorovna.
(c) From a messager sent to tell him.
(d) From an announcement in the judge's chamber.
5. What offends Ivan Ilych the most about being passed over for a promotion?
(a) Others seem to see his struggles as quite ordinary.
(b) The person promoted is less qualified for the job than he is.
(c) Ivan had been told he was going to get the promotion.
(d) Ivan didn't get an apology from his boss for not promoting him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ivan Ilych do the more he senses that his wife is bored all the time?
2. When Peter Ivanovich encounters Ivan Ilych's daughter and fiance, how to they look?
3. How much will Ivan Ilych's new job pay on moving expenses?
4. How much money does Ivan Ilych need to be paid?
5. What year is it in the novel?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)