|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ivan Ilych's relationship with his wife affect his work?
(a) He is unprepared for court.
(b) He misses several days.
(c) He becomes more and more ambitious.
(d) He becomes close friends with the judge.
2. Why doesn't Ivan Ilych change his life?
(a) He has no imagination for creating another life.
(b) He likes his life as it is.
(c) His wife won't let him change it.
(d) He doesn't have enough money to change it the way he wants it.
3. What year is it in the novel?
4. How satisfied with his life is Ivan Ilych?
(a) Only a very small amount.
(c) Not at all.
5. Without the distraction of work, what happens to Ivan Ilych?
(a) He realizes how much he loves his wife.
(b) He falls into a profound depression.
(c) He discovers what is wrong with his life.
(d) He falls in love with another woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ivan Ilych's son's face look like?
2. In the beginning of Chapter 3, what is Ivan Ilych's professional title?
3. Once settled, what makes Ivan Ilych irritable?
4. Why is this year the hardest year of Ivan Ilych?
5. What is the setting of Chapter 1?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)