|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what or whom does Peter Ivanovich refuse to yield to?
(a) The bicycle on the left.
(b) Ivan Ilych.
(c) Any depressing thoughts.
(d) The prosecution.
2. When Peter Ivanovich encounters Ivan Ilych's daughter and fiance, how to they look?
(c) Ready to cry.
(d) Happy together.
3. Where does Ivan Ilych take his family when he takes a leave of absence from his job?
(a) To the countryside.
(b) To America.
(c) To his wife's brother's family.
(d) To the seaside.
4. Why does Ivan Ilych's animosity toward his former colleagues vanish?
(a) He realizes he was being foolish.
(b) One of his former colleagues asks for his daughter's hand in marriage.
(c) Ivan Ilych's new position places him two steps above them.
(d) They give him the promotion when he returns from his leave of absence.
5. To what event did Peter Ivanovich go to on Friday?
(a) To argue a court case.
(b) To a funeral.
(c) To a grand ball.
(d) To a wedding.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Ivan Ilych able to find a new home that will please both him and his wife?
2. What does Ivan Ilych's son's face look like?
3. What happens to Ivan Ilych one day as he is adjusting a curtain?
4. What does Ivan Ilych think of his marriage?
5. In the beginning of Chapter 3, what is Ivan Ilych's professional title?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)