|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Peter Ivanovich realize as he was speaking to Praskovya Fedorovna?
(a) That Peter Ivanovich would like to marry Praskovya Fedorovna .
(b) That Praskovya Fedorovna talks too much.
(c) That Praskovya Fedorovna just wants to know if there is any additional government grant she can receive.
(d) That Praskovya Fedorovna is very beautiful.
2. Where did Ivan Ilych find a new job?
(a) In Moscow.
(b) In the town he'd been living in all his life.
(c) In Petersburg.
(d) In the town where his wife's brother lives.
3. Which character does Chapter 2 discuss?
(a) Praskovya Fedorovna.
(b) Peter Ivanovich.
(c) Ivan Ilych.
4. Why does Ivan Ilych marry?
(a) He is in love.
(b) His father-in-law forces him.
(c) It seems expected of him.
(d) He wants his wife's money.
5. How does Ivan Ilych's wife react to each child's loss?
(a) She pretends that the child isn't dead for months.
(b) She decides to have no more children.
(c) She becomes more ill temperered.
(d) She wants to try for another child immediately.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the setting of Chapter 1?
2. How many children does Ivan Ilych and his wife have together?
3. Who says, "death will come to everyone as God's will?"
4. Once settled, what makes Ivan Ilych irritable?
5. Why does Ivan Ilych's animosity toward his former colleagues vanish?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)