|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Ivan Ilych's ambitions resulted in?
(a) Alienation of his children.
(b) Tension between he and his wife.
(c) Increasing levels of power at work.
(d) Terrible headaches.
2. Why does Ivan Ilych's animosity toward his former colleagues vanish?
(a) They give him the promotion when he returns from his leave of absence.
(b) One of his former colleagues asks for his daughter's hand in marriage.
(c) Ivan Ilych's new position places him two steps above them.
(d) He realizes he was being foolish.
3. How satisfied with his life is Ivan Ilych?
(a) Only a very small amount.
(c) Not at all.
4. Which character does Chapter 2 discuss?
(b) Ivan Ilych.
(c) Praskovya Fedorovna.
(d) Peter Ivanovich.
5. What game does Ivan Ilych like to play?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Peter Ivanovich realize as he was speaking to Praskovya Fedorovna?
2. Why does Ivan Ilych take his family there?
3. Where did Ivan Ilych find a new job?
4. How much will Ivan Ilych's new job pay on moving expenses?
5. What is Praskovya Fedorovna's relationship to the main character?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)