|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "death will come to everyone as God's will?"
(a) Peter Ivanovich.
(b) Ivan Ilych's son.
(d) Praskovya Fedorovna.
2. How does Ivan Ilych's relationship with his wife affect his work?
(a) He becomes more and more ambitious.
(b) He is unprepared for court.
(c) He becomes close friends with the judge.
(d) He misses several days.
3. Why does Ivan Ilych's animosity toward his former colleagues vanish?
(a) He realizes he was being foolish.
(b) One of his former colleagues asks for his daughter's hand in marriage.
(c) They give him the promotion when he returns from his leave of absence.
(d) Ivan Ilych's new position places him two steps above them.
4. To what or whom does Peter Ivanovich refuse to yield to?
(a) The prosecution.
(b) The bicycle on the left.
(c) Any depressing thoughts.
(d) Ivan Ilych.
5. Which character does Chapter 2 discuss?
(a) Praskovya Fedorovna.
(b) Ivan Ilych.
(d) Peter Ivanovich.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Peter Ivanovich meet first at Ivan Ilych's house?
2. What relationship is the main character to Peter Ivanovich?
3. What is the setting of Chapter 1?
4. What did Praskovya Fedorovna tell Peter Ivanovich about the main character?
5. How does Ivan Ilych's wife react to each child's loss?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)