|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is wrong with Ivan Ilych's current job?
(a) The workload is too heavy.
(b) The money isn't enough to keep up with his standard of living.
(c) It's boring.
(d) There's not enough to do.
2. Who says, "death will come to everyone as God's will?"
(a) Peter Ivanovich.
(c) Praskovya Fedorovna.
(d) Ivan Ilych's son.
3. Where did Ivan Ilych find a new job?
(a) In Petersburg.
(b) In the town he'd been living in all his life.
(c) In the town where his wife's brother lives.
(d) In Moscow.
4. What does Ivan Ilych think his wife wants of him?
(a) To entertain her all the time.
(b) To be a good provider.
(c) To be a good father to their children.
(d) To be home for dinner every night.
5. When does Ivan Ilych take a leave of absence from his job?
(a) The day after he is not promoted.
(b) The summer of 1880.
(c) The following year.
(d) The summer of 1865.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Ivan Ilych's son?
2. What has Ivan Ilych's ambitions resulted in?
3. Why does Ivan Ilych's animosity toward his former colleagues vanish?
4. Which character does Chapter 2 discuss?
5. How many children does Ivan Ilych and his wife have together?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)