|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children does Ivan Ilych and his wife have together?
2. In the beginning of Chapter 3, what is Ivan Ilych's professional title?
(a) Civil Lawyer.
(b) District Attorney.
(d) Public Prosecutor.
3. Where does Ivan Ilych take his family when he takes a leave of absence from his job?
(a) To America.
(b) To the countryside.
(c) To the seaside.
(d) To his wife's brother's family.
4. Which character does Chapter 2 discuss?
(a) Ivan Ilych.
(b) Peter Ivanovich.
(c) Praskovya Fedorovna.
5. Without the distraction of work, what happens to Ivan Ilych?
(a) He realizes how much he loves his wife.
(b) He discovers what is wrong with his life.
(c) He falls in love with another woman.
(d) He falls into a profound depression.
Short Answer Questions
1. Once settled, what makes Ivan Ilych irritable?
2. What did Peter Ivanovich realize as he was speaking to Praskovya Fedorovna?
3. To what or whom does Peter Ivanovich refuse to yield to?
4. Why is this year the hardest year of Ivan Ilych?
5. What does Ivan Ilych think his wife wants of him?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)