|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Ivan Ilych change his life?
(a) He likes his life as it is.
(b) His wife won't let him change it.
(c) He doesn't have enough money to change it the way he wants it.
(d) He has no imagination for creating another life.
2. What happens to Ivan Ilych one day as he is adjusting a curtain?
(a) Ivan falls and breaks his leg.
(b) Ivan slips on a stepladder and receives a nasty bruise on his side.
(c) Ivan falls and rips the curtain.
(d) Ivan falls on his wife.
3. In the beginning of Chapter 3, what is Ivan Ilych's professional title?
(a) Public Prosecutor.
(b) Civil Lawyer.
(c) District Attorney.
4. How did Peter Ivanovich learn the fate of the main character?
(a) From an announcement in the judge's chamber.
(b) From reading the newspaper.
(c) From Praskovya Fedorovna.
(d) From a messager sent to tell him.
5. What did Peter Ivanovich realize as he was speaking to Praskovya Fedorovna?
(a) That Peter Ivanovich would like to marry Praskovya Fedorovna .
(b) That Praskovya Fedorovna talks too much.
(c) That Praskovya Fedorovna just wants to know if there is any additional government grant she can receive.
(d) That Praskovya Fedorovna is very beautiful.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children does Ivan Ilych and his wife have together?
2. Why is Ivan Ilych able to find a new home that will please both him and his wife?
3. Why is this year the hardest year of Ivan Ilych?
4. What does Ivan Ilych do the more he senses that his wife is bored all the time?
5. What is Praskovya Fedorovna's relationship to the main character?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)