|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year is it in the novel?
2. How much money does Ivan Ilych need to be paid?
(a) No less than 10,000 rubles.
(b) At least 5,000 rubles.
(c) Enough to afford to send his son to medical school.
(d) Enough to buy a summer house.
3. How does Ivan Ilych's relationship with his wife affect his work?
(a) He misses several days.
(b) He becomes more and more ambitious.
(c) He becomes close friends with the judge.
(d) He is unprepared for court.
4. How old is Ivan Ilych's son?
(a) Still in diapers.
(b) Of an elderly nature.
(c) Old enough to be driving.
(d) Of schoolboy age.
5. What does Ivan Ilych think will solve his new problem?
(a) Go to medical school.
(b) To obtain a new job.
(c) Divorce his wife.
(d) Celebrate his love for his wife with a grand ball.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Ivan Ilych find a new job?
2. What relationship is the main character to Peter Ivanovich?
3. To what or whom does Peter Ivanovich refuse to yield to?
4. What does Ivan Ilych do the more he senses that his wife is bored all the time?
5. What does Ivan Ilych's son's face look like?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)