|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Ivan Ilych able to find a new home that will please both him and his wife?
(a) His wife realizes Ivan has to find a house for the family quickly.
(b) His wife does what Ivan tells her to do.
(c) They have the same taste.
(d) His wife will live anywhere so long as her family is with her.
2. Why doesn't Ivan Ilych change his life?
(a) He doesn't have enough money to change it the way he wants it.
(b) He likes his life as it is.
(c) He has no imagination for creating another life.
(d) His wife won't let him change it.
3. What does Ivan Ilych's son's face look like?
4. What relationship is the main character to Peter Ivanovich?
(a) The main character's boss.
(b) The main character's brother.
(c) A lifelong acquaintance and colleaque of the main character.
(d) The main character's son-in-law.
5. What does Ivan Ilych see as "doing his duty?"
(a) To do whatever pleases those in authority.
(b) To do whatever pleases his wife.
(c) To be the best father to his children.
(d) To serve the judicial system honorably.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much will Ivan Ilych's new job pay on moving expenses?
2. Which character does Chapter 2 discuss?
3. What does Ivan Ilych think will solve his new problem?
4. What is the setting of Chapter 1?
5. What did the sight of Ivan Ilych seem to convey to Peter Ivanovich?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)