|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ivan Ilych's view his life?
(a) Exactly the way he hoped it would be.
(b) As exciting.
(c) As most ordinary.
(d) As extraordinary.
2. When Peter Ivanovich encounters Ivan Ilych's daughter and fiance, how to they look?
(c) Ready to cry.
(d) Happy together.
3. What does Ivan Ilych think will solve his new problem?
(a) Go to medical school.
(b) Celebrate his love for his wife with a grand ball.
(c) Divorce his wife.
(d) To obtain a new job.
4. To what or whom does Peter Ivanovich refuse to yield to?
(a) The prosecution.
(b) The bicycle on the left.
(c) Ivan Ilych.
(d) Any depressing thoughts.
5. What did Peter Ivanovich realize as he was speaking to Praskovya Fedorovna?
(a) That Praskovya Fedorovna just wants to know if there is any additional government grant she can receive.
(b) That Peter Ivanovich would like to marry Praskovya Fedorovna .
(c) That Praskovya Fedorovna is very beautiful.
(d) That Praskovya Fedorovna talks too much.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Peter Ivanovich learn the fate of the main character?
2. Where does Ivan Ilych take his family when he takes a leave of absence from his job?
3. Which character does Chapter 2 discuss?
4. To what event did Peter Ivanovich go to on Friday?
5. Why does Ivan Ilych's animosity toward his former colleagues vanish?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)