|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what or whom does Peter Ivanovich refuse to yield to?
(a) Ivan Ilych.
(b) The prosecution.
(c) The bicycle on the left.
(d) Any depressing thoughts.
2. What does Ivan Ilych think his wife wants of him?
(a) To entertain her all the time.
(b) To be a good father to their children.
(c) To be home for dinner every night.
(d) To be a good provider.
3. What relationship is the main character to Peter Ivanovich?
(a) A lifelong acquaintance and colleaque of the main character.
(b) The main character's son-in-law.
(c) The main character's boss.
(d) The main character's brother.
4. How does Ivan Ilych's view his life?
(a) As most ordinary.
(b) Exactly the way he hoped it would be.
(c) As exciting.
(d) As extraordinary.
5. Why doesn't Ivan Ilych change his life?
(a) He doesn't have enough money to change it the way he wants it.
(b) He has no imagination for creating another life.
(c) He likes his life as it is.
(d) His wife won't let him change it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ivan Ilych see as "doing his duty?"
2. Who did Peter Ivanovich meet first at Ivan Ilych's house?
3. What did the sight of Ivan Ilych seem to convey to Peter Ivanovich?
4. What profession is Ivan Ilych?
5. What did Praskovya Fedorovna tell Peter Ivanovich about the main character?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)