|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Praskovya Fedorovna tell Peter Ivanovich about the main character?
(a) He lay screaming almost non-stop for the last three days.
(b) He is an excellent dancer.
(c) He is excited about his daughter's wedding.
(d) He will make a wonderful grandfather.
2. What is Praskovya Fedorovna's relationship to the main character?
3. What has Ivan Ilych's ambitions resulted in?
(a) Terrible headaches.
(b) Alienation of his children.
(c) Increasing levels of power at work.
(d) Tension between he and his wife.
4. What relationship is the main character to Peter Ivanovich?
(a) The main character's boss.
(b) The main character's son-in-law.
(c) A lifelong acquaintance and colleaque of the main character.
(d) The main character's brother.
5. Why does Ivan Ilych marry?
(a) He wants his wife's money.
(b) His father-in-law forces him.
(c) He is in love.
(d) It seems expected of him.
Short Answer Questions
1. After offering his condolences, what does Peter Ivanovich tell Praskovya Fedorovna?
2. What has happened to the main character?
3. How does Ivan Ilych's relationship with his wife affect his work?
4. How did Peter Ivanovich learn the fate of the main character?
5. When Peter Ivanovich encounters Ivan Ilych's daughter and fiance, how to they look?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)