|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what or whom does Peter Ivanovich refuse to yield to?
(a) The prosecution.
(b) The bicycle on the left.
(c) Ivan Ilych.
(d) Any depressing thoughts.
2. Who is the first to leave the event that happened on Friday?
(a) Peter Ivanovich.
(b) Praskovya Fedorovna.
(c) Ivan Ilych's son.
(d) Ivan Ilych's daughter and fiance.
3. What did Peter Ivanovich realize as he was speaking to Praskovya Fedorovna?
(a) That Peter Ivanovich would like to marry Praskovya Fedorovna .
(b) That Praskovya Fedorovna just wants to know if there is any additional government grant she can receive.
(c) That Praskovya Fedorovna talks too much.
(d) That Praskovya Fedorovna is very beautiful.
4. What does Ivan Ilych think of his marriage?
(a) It is exciting.
(b) It is all he ever wanted.
(c) It is unhappy.
(d) It is happy.
5. What has happened to the main character?
(a) He has died.
(b) He has just become a grandfather.
(c) He has been promoted.
(d) He has been newly wed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ivan Ilych see as "doing his duty?"
2. What has Ivan Ilych's ambitions resulted in?
3. Who did Peter Ivanovich meet first at Ivan Ilych's house?
4. To what event did Peter Ivanovich go to on Friday?
5. What does Ivan Ilych do the more he senses that his wife is bored all the time?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)