|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the sight of Ivan Ilych seem to convey to Peter Ivanovich?
(a) Anger and hostility.
(b) Optimism and joy.
(c) Conviction and righteousness.
(d) Reproach or warning.
2. What has Ivan Ilych's ambitions resulted in?
(a) Terrible headaches.
(b) Increasing levels of power at work.
(c) Tension between he and his wife.
(d) Alienation of his children.
3. To what or whom does Peter Ivanovich refuse to yield to?
(a) Any depressing thoughts.
(b) The bicycle on the left.
(c) Ivan Ilych.
(d) The prosecution.
4. Why doesn't Ivan Ilych change his life?
(a) He doesn't have enough money to change it the way he wants it.
(b) His wife won't let him change it.
(c) He likes his life as it is.
(d) He has no imagination for creating another life.
5. To what event did Peter Ivanovich go to on Friday?
(a) To a grand ball.
(b) To a wedding.
(c) To argue a court case.
(d) To a funeral.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ivan Ilych's view his life?
2. Who says, "death will come to everyone as God's will?"
3. What is the setting of Chapter 1?
4. What game does Ivan Ilych like to play?
5. What did Peter Ivanovich realize as he was speaking to Praskovya Fedorovna?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)