|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character does Chapter 2 discuss?
(b) Peter Ivanovich.
(c) Ivan Ilych.
(d) Praskovya Fedorovna.
2. After offering his condolences, what does Peter Ivanovich tell Praskovya Fedorovna?
(a) That Praskovya Fedorovna is very beautiful.
(b) That Peter Ivanovich must leave.
(c) That Praskovya Fedorovna has received all the money the government will give her.
(d) That Peter Ivanovich has been secretly in love with Praskovya Fedorovna for years.
3. To what event did Peter Ivanovich go to on Friday?
(a) To a grand ball.
(b) To a funeral.
(c) To argue a court case.
(d) To a wedding.
4. What is Praskovya Fedorovna's relationship to the main character?
5. What does Ivan Ilych think of his marriage?
(a) It is unhappy.
(b) It is exciting.
(c) It is all he ever wanted.
(d) It is happy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Ivan Ilych change his life?
2. How does Ivan Ilych's relationship with his wife affect his work?
3. What relationship is the main character to Peter Ivanovich?
4. What does Ivan Ilych see as "doing his duty?"
5. What has happened to the main character?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)