|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Peter Ivanovich learn the fate of the main character?
(a) From an announcement in the judge's chamber.
(b) From Praskovya Fedorovna.
(c) From a messager sent to tell him.
(d) From reading the newspaper.
2. To what event did Peter Ivanovich go to on Friday?
(a) To a grand ball.
(b) To a wedding.
(c) To argue a court case.
(d) To a funeral.
3. What did Peter Ivanovich realize as he was speaking to Praskovya Fedorovna?
(a) That Praskovya Fedorovna talks too much.
(b) That Peter Ivanovich would like to marry Praskovya Fedorovna .
(c) That Praskovya Fedorovna is very beautiful.
(d) That Praskovya Fedorovna just wants to know if there is any additional government grant she can receive.
4. To what or whom does Peter Ivanovich refuse to yield to?
(a) The prosecution.
(b) Ivan Ilych.
(c) The bicycle on the left.
(d) Any depressing thoughts.
5. What has Ivan Ilych's ambitions resulted in?
(a) Tension between he and his wife.
(b) Alienation of his children.
(c) Terrible headaches.
(d) Increasing levels of power at work.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first to leave the event that happened on Friday?
2. What relationship is the main character to Peter Ivanovich?
3. What does Ivan Ilych think of his marriage?
4. How satisfied with his life is Ivan Ilych?
5. What did the sight of Ivan Ilych seem to convey to Peter Ivanovich?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)