|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Ivan Ilych play the game that he enjoys?
(a) His wife.
(b) His son.
(d) His friends.
2. What did the sight of Ivan Ilych seem to convey to Peter Ivanovich?
(a) Reproach or warning.
(b) Conviction and righteousness.
(c) Anger and hostility.
(d) Optimism and joy.
3. How many children does Ivan Ilych and his wife have together?
4. What has Ivan Ilych's ambitions resulted in?
(a) Alienation of his children.
(b) Tension between he and his wife.
(c) Increasing levels of power at work.
(d) Terrible headaches.
5. How did Peter Ivanovich learn the fate of the main character?
(a) From an announcement in the judge's chamber.
(b) From a messager sent to tell him.
(c) From Praskovya Fedorovna.
(d) From reading the newspaper.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ivan Ilych see as "doing his duty?"
2. Which character does Chapter 2 discuss?
3. What does Ivan Ilych think his wife wants of him?
4. When Peter Ivanovich encounters Ivan Ilych's daughter and fiance, how to they look?
5. Who says, "death will come to everyone as God's will?"
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)