|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what or whom does Peter Ivanovich refuse to yield to?
(a) Any depressing thoughts.
(b) The prosecution.
(c) The bicycle on the left.
(d) Ivan Ilych.
2. How does Ivan Ilych's relationship with his wife affect his work?
(a) He misses several days.
(b) He becomes close friends with the judge.
(c) He becomes more and more ambitious.
(d) He is unprepared for court.
3. Why does Ivan Ilych marry?
(a) It seems expected of him.
(b) His father-in-law forces him.
(c) He wants his wife's money.
(d) He is in love.
4. What has happened to the main character?
(a) He has just become a grandfather.
(b) He has died.
(c) He has been newly wed.
(d) He has been promoted.
5. With whom does Ivan Ilych play the game that he enjoys?
(a) His son.
(b) His friends.
(c) His wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Peter Ivanovich realize as he was speaking to Praskovya Fedorovna?
2. Which character does Chapter 2 discuss?
3. What profession is Ivan Ilych?
4. What did Praskovya Fedorovna tell Peter Ivanovich about the main character?
5. After offering his condolences, what does Peter Ivanovich tell Praskovya Fedorovna?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)