|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ivan Ilych respond when confronted with the symptoms of his illness?
(a) Ivan asks his daughter for help.
(b) Ivan asserts that they are all in good health.
(c) Ivan begins to cry.
(d) Ivan tells his wife.
2. Who is the first to leave the event that happened on Friday?
(a) Praskovya Fedorovna.
(b) Ivan Ilych's son.
(c) Ivan Ilych's daughter and fiance.
(d) Peter Ivanovich.
3. After seeing himself for the first time in many months in the mirror, what reaction does Ivan Ilych have to what he sees?
(a) He is relieved that he was finally able to admit it.
(b) Anger rises up inside him.
(c) He falls for the second time.
(d) He becomes dizzy and faints.
4. How does Ivan react to what his wife wants to do when she returns from the theater?
(a) He asks her to tell him all about the concert.
(b) He sends her away.
(c) He pretends to be asleep.
(d) He welcomes her company.
5. Why does Ivan Ilych try to replace thoughts of death?
(a) He thinks he can still get well.
(b) He is too busy to think about it.
(c) To protect himself.
(d) He thinks he is being foolish.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ivan feel when his wife enters his room in Chapter 8?
2. Is Ivan Ilych successful in understanding this?
3. How does Ivan try to live?
4. What does Ivan Ilych recognize in the doctor's professional air?
5. Ivan compares the doctor's visit to what?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)