|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is wrong with Ivan Ilych's current job?
(a) There's not enough to do.
(b) The workload is too heavy.
(c) The money isn't enough to keep up with his standard of living.
(d) It's boring.
2. After offering his condolences, what does Peter Ivanovich tell Praskovya Fedorovna?
(a) That Peter Ivanovich must leave.
(b) That Praskovya Fedorovna is very beautiful.
(c) That Peter Ivanovich has been secretly in love with Praskovya Fedorovna for years.
(d) That Praskovya Fedorovna has received all the money the government will give her.
3. What does Ivan Ilych recognize in the doctor's professional air?
(a) Compassion and pity.
(b) His own attitude toward an accused person in court.
(c) Condescension and disdain.
(d) Aloofness and indifference.
4. Where does Ivan try to work?
(a) His study.
(b) The university nearby.
(c) He doesn't try to work.
(d) The law courts.
5. When Ivan Ilych discovers what makes his pain worse, how does he deal with it?
(a) Ivan becomes constantly on guard against anything that might distress him.
(b) He ignores things that might upset him.
(c) He cries.
(d) He increases his dosage of his medication.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ivan Ilych deal with the revelation in Chapter 6?
2. When does Ivan Ilych's pain worsen?
3. How does Ivan Ilych's wife behave toward his illness?
4. Where does Ivan Ilych take his family when he takes a leave of absence from his job?
5. Why does Ivan Ilych react to his realization the way he does?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)