|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many of Ivan Ilych's children die?
2. What did Praskovya Fedorovna tell Peter Ivanovich about the main character?
(a) He is excited about his daughter's wedding.
(b) He is an excellent dancer.
(c) He lay screaming almost non-stop for the last three days.
(d) He will make a wonderful grandfather.
3. How long ago did Ivan Ilych start his career?
(a) 6 years ago.
(b) 17 years ago.
(c) 20 years ago.
(d) So long ago he can't remember.
4. Ivan Ilych finally realizes, after seeing himself in the mirror, that his condition is a question of what?
(a) Positive thinking.
(b) Life or death.
(c) Whether he can afford his new house now that he is not able to work.
(d) Whether the kidney or the appendix is diseased.
5. Why is it ironic that Ivan resents that his death is trivial?
(a) His life has been trivial all along and that never bothered him.
(b) Ivan wouldn't die if he would just take his medicine.
(c) Ivan isn't dying.
(d) Ivan enjoys all the attention his illness is getting him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long after Ivan Ilych sees the doctor does Chapter 5 begin?
2. What are two of Ivan Ilych's symptoms?
3. What does Ivan Ilych recognize in the doctor's professional air?
4. How satisfied with his life is Ivan Ilych?
5. How does Ivan Ilych's wife behave toward his illness?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)