|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Peter Ivanovich realize as he was speaking to Praskovya Fedorovna?
(a) That Praskovya Fedorovna talks too much.
(b) That Praskovya Fedorovna just wants to know if there is any additional government grant she can receive.
(c) That Praskovya Fedorovna is very beautiful.
(d) That Peter Ivanovich would like to marry Praskovya Fedorovna .
2. How did Peter Ivanovich learn the fate of the main character?
(a) From a messager sent to tell him.
(b) From an announcement in the judge's chamber.
(c) From reading the newspaper.
(d) From Praskovya Fedorovna.
3. What does Ivan Ilych's son's face look like?
4. Why does Ivan Ilych marry?
(a) He is in love.
(b) His father-in-law forces him.
(c) It seems expected of him.
(d) He wants his wife's money.
5. To what or whom does Peter Ivanovich refuse to yield to?
(a) The prosecution.
(b) The bicycle on the left.
(c) Any depressing thoughts.
(d) Ivan Ilych.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ivan Ilych think his wife wants of him?
2. Who says, "death will come to everyone as God's will?"
3. How does Ivan Ilych's wife react to each child's loss?
4. How satisfied with his life is Ivan Ilych?
5. What does Ivan Ilych see as "doing his duty?"
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)