|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Once settled, what makes Ivan Ilych irritable?
(a) The family's new dog.
(b) Every new stain or imperfection.
(c) His children.
(d) His wife.
2. What does food become to Ivan?
(a) It all taste like iron because of the medication he takes.
(b) A distraction from the pain.
3. Why does Ivan Ilych's animosity toward his former colleagues vanish?
(a) One of his former colleagues asks for his daughter's hand in marriage.
(b) Ivan Ilych's new position places him two steps above them.
(c) He realizes he was being foolish.
(d) They give him the promotion when he returns from his leave of absence.
4. His memories make it difficult for Ivan to do what?
(a) Stay in the present.
(b) Deal with the pain.
(c) Face the truth of the life he created for himself as an adult.
(d) Face the fact that he is dying.
5. What does Ivan Ilych see as "doing his duty?"
(a) To serve the judicial system honorably.
(b) To do whatever pleases those in authority.
(c) To do whatever pleases his wife.
(d) To be the best father to his children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Ivan Ilych's ambitions resulted in?
2. How many children does Ivan Ilych and his wife have together?
3. What are the symptoms that Ivan Ilych has?
4. What galls Ivan Ilych to think?
5. What does Ivan Ilych do for a few hours after seeing himself in the mirror for the first time in quite a while?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)