|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 10, where is Ivan for the next two weeks?
(a) In his bed.
(b) On his sofa that he never leaves.
(c) In the doctor's back room.
(d) In the hospital.
2. Why does Ivan Ilych try to replace thoughts of death?
(a) He is too busy to think about it.
(b) He thinks he is being foolish.
(c) To protect himself.
(d) He thinks he can still get well.
3. What does Ivan realize the further back in his memories he goes?
(a) The more of these distant memories he has than of recent times.
(b) He wishes he could re-live them.
(c) He really has had a wonderful life.
(d) The more there was that was good in life, the more life there was.
4. What medicines are often given to Ivan?
(a) Opium and morphine.
(b) Penicillin and morphine.
(c) There is no medicine that can help Ivan.
(d) Penicillin and opium.
5. When does Ivan Ilych believe his illness began?
(a) When he went back to work.
(b) When he bought his new house.
(c) When he moved in with his brother-in-law.
(d) When he fell off the ladder and bruised his side.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Ivan Ilych change his life?
2. How do most people treat Ivan's dying?
3. What are the symptoms that Ivan Ilych has?
4. Why does Ivan Ilych's animosity toward his former colleagues vanish?
5. Where does Ivan Ilych take his family when he takes a leave of absence from his job?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)