|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Even after Ivan Ilych realizes that he is going to die, what kinds of thoughts does he try to think about?
(a) What he needs to do to become healthy again.
(b) How he can spend more time at the office.
(c) Thoughts that he considers more proper and healthy.
(d) How he can stop his daughter's marriage.
2. Who is the first to leave the event that happened on Friday?
(a) Ivan Ilych's daughter and fiance.
(b) Praskovya Fedorovna.
(c) Peter Ivanovich.
(d) Ivan Ilych's son.
3. What is Praskovya Fedorovna's relationship to the main character?
4. What does Ivan figure out in Chapter 10 about his life?
(a) That he should have married his true love.
(b) That he could have done things differently if he had gotten that promotion.
(c) That his family is all he needs.
(d) That his life is a web of lies.
5. His memories make it difficult for Ivan to do what?
(a) Face the truth of the life he created for himself as an adult.
(b) Deal with the pain.
(c) Stay in the present.
(d) Face the fact that he is dying.
Short Answer Questions
1. What major theme of the novel is introduced in Chapter 6?
2. In the beginning of Chapter 3, what is Ivan Ilych's professional title?
3. How does Ivan Ilych's wife react to each child's loss?
4. How does Ivan react to what his wife wants to do when she returns from the theater?
5. How does Ivan try to live?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)