|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After seeing himself for the first time in many months in the mirror, what reaction does Ivan Ilych have to what he sees?
(a) He falls for the second time.
(b) He is relieved that he was finally able to admit it.
(c) Anger rises up inside him.
(d) He becomes dizzy and faints.
2. What does Ivan Ilych see in the eyes of his brother-in-law?
3. How much will Ivan Ilych's new job pay on moving expenses?
(a) 3,500 rubles.
(b) 5,000 rubles.
(c) 1,500 rubles.
4. Of what does Ivan's wife try to convince him?
(a) That he looks better everyday.
(b) That she is sorry he bought the new house.
(c) That she loves him more than ever.
(d) That she has ordered the specialist for him.
5. Why does Ivan Ilych's animosity toward his former colleagues vanish?
(a) Ivan Ilych's new position places him two steps above them.
(b) One of his former colleagues asks for his daughter's hand in marriage.
(c) He realizes he was being foolish.
(d) They give him the promotion when he returns from his leave of absence.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Peter Ivanovich learn the fate of the main character?
2. What does Ivan Ilych's wife tell him to do, after he gets back from the doctor?
3. What does Ivan Ilych try to understand?
4. What does Ivan Ilych see as "doing his duty?"
5. What is the conflict in Chapter 5?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)