|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What relationship is the main character to Peter Ivanovich?
(a) A lifelong acquaintance and colleaque of the main character.
(b) The main character's boss.
(c) The main character's brother.
(d) The main character's son-in-law.
2. Why is it ironic that Ivan resents that his death is trivial?
(a) Ivan enjoys all the attention his illness is getting him.
(b) Ivan isn't dying.
(c) His life has been trivial all along and that never bothered him.
(d) Ivan wouldn't die if he would just take his medicine.
3. What does the doctor focus on?
(a) How many other patients are waiting to be seen.
(b) Whether or not the doctor has met Ivan before.
(c) Whether or not Ivan can pay the bill.
(d) Whether the pain is coming from the appendix or the kidney.
4. By Chapter 10, how does Ivan feel in his thoughts?
5. Why does Ivan Ilych take his family there?
(a) For a vacation.
(b) To hide from the law.
(c) For a visit.
(d) To save money.
Short Answer Questions
1. His memories make it difficult for Ivan to do what?
2. After seeing himself for the first time in many months in the mirror, what reaction does Ivan Ilych have to what he sees?
3. Who seems to answer Ivan's questions?
4. What does Ivan Ilych recognize in the doctor's professional air?
5. Where does Ivan live in his thoughts?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)