|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ivan react to what his wife wants to do when she returns from the theater?
(a) He sends her away.
(b) He welcomes her company.
(c) He asks her to tell him all about the concert.
(d) He pretends to be asleep.
2. Ivan compares the doctor's visit to what?
(a) Premature death.
(b) The time he's spent in the company of his friends.
(c) The lies of lawyers in the courts.
(d) The hope of a church service.
3. By Chapter 10, how does Ivan feel in his thoughts?
4. Why does Ivan Ilych's animosity toward his former colleagues vanish?
(a) Ivan Ilych's new position places him two steps above them.
(b) He realizes he was being foolish.
(c) They give him the promotion when he returns from his leave of absence.
(d) One of his former colleagues asks for his daughter's hand in marriage.
5. How satisfied with his life is Ivan Ilych?
(c) Only a very small amount.
(d) Not at all.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what does Ivan's wife try to convince him?
2. What does Ivan Ilych admit to himself for the first time after seeing himself in the mirror?
3. Who is the first character introduced in Chapter 5?
4. When does Ivan Ilych believe his illness began?
5. What does Ivan ask of God?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)