|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After seeing himself for the first time in many months in the mirror, what reaction does Ivan Ilych have to what he sees?
(a) He is relieved that he was finally able to admit it.
(b) He becomes dizzy and faints.
(c) Anger rises up inside him.
(d) He falls for the second time.
2. What affects do these medicines have on Ivan?
(a) They make him depressed.
(b) They make him sleep most of the time.
(c) They make him delusional.
(d) They relieve his pain.
3. Which character does Chapter 2 discuss?
(a) Praskovya Fedorovna.
(c) Ivan Ilych.
(d) Peter Ivanovich.
4. What does Ivan Ilych think of his marriage?
(a) It is exciting.
(b) It is unhappy.
(c) It is happy.
(d) It is all he ever wanted.
5. How did Peter Ivanovich learn the fate of the main character?
(a) From an announcement in the judge's chamber.
(b) From reading the newspaper.
(c) From a messager sent to tell him.
(d) From Praskovya Fedorovna.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Ivan Ilych believe his illness began?
2. His memories of the past lead Ivan specifically to where?
3. After seeing himself in the mirror, what does Ivan Ilych finally admit to himself?
4. How does Ivan try to live?
5. How long after Ivan Ilych sees the doctor does Chapter 5 begin?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)