|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ivan Ilych's wife react to his worsening pain?
(a) She ignores him.
(b) She chastises him for whining.
(c) She criticizes him for fixing the curtain.
(d) She insists he see a doctor.
2. What explanation has Ivan for the realizations about his memories?
(a) He raised his own children the way he was raised.
(b) He has not lived as he ought.
(c) He was raised by good parents.
(d) He lived as he should have.
3. How long after Ivan Ilych sees the doctor does Chapter 5 begin?
(a) 1 year later.
(b) 2 months later.
(c) 2 days later.
(d) 1 week later.
4. How does Ivan Ilych's wife behave toward his illness?
(a) She avoids Ivan.
(b) She becomes more loving than ever before toward Ivan.
(c) She behaves as if Ivan has created this illness to annoy and inconvenience her.
(d) She becomes melancholy.
5. Why does Ivan say his mental pain is worse?
(a) He cannot bear to leave his family.
(b) He cannot believe that he is dying from falling off a step ladder.
(c) He wishes he had never left his old job and bought this house.
(d) One moment he wants it all to be over. The next moment he doesn't want to die.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Ivan live in his thoughts?
2. Who says, "death will come to everyone as God's will?"
3. What does Ivan Ilych do the more he senses that his wife is bored all the time?
4. What has Ivan Ilych's ambitions resulted in?
5. How does Ivan try to live?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)