|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ivan react to what his wife wants to do when she returns from the theater?
(a) He pretends to be asleep.
(b) He asks her to tell him all about the concert.
(c) He sends her away.
(d) He welcomes her company.
2. What adds to Ivan's suffering?
(a) The thought that he is dying.
(b) HIs wife's constant babbling about the house.
(c) He is torn between cooperating and resisting.
(d) The many tests that the doctor's insist on performing each day.
3. Instead, what does Ivan think about in Chapter 10?
(a) His work.
(c) The promotion he didn't get that cause him to be in this situation.
(d) His appendix and his kidney.
4. What has Ivan Ilych's ambitions resulted in?
(a) Tension between he and his wife.
(b) Terrible headaches.
(c) Increasing levels of power at work.
(d) Alienation of his children.
5. What does Ivan Ilych feel toward what he hears down the hall?
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what does Ivan's wife try to convince him?
2. How does Ivan Ilych's wife behave toward his illness?
3. Who is the first character introduced in Chapter 5?
4. What does Ivan's wife tell him to do in Chapter 9?
5. What does Ivan figure out in Chapter 10 about his life?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)