|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the setting of Chapter 1?
(a) Ivan Ilych's house.
(b) The courtroom.
(c) The judge's chamber.
(d) The church.
2. Why does Ivan Ilych marry?
(a) He is in love.
(b) He wants his wife's money.
(c) His father-in-law forces him.
(d) It seems expected of him.
3. How does the doctor respond when Ivan Ilych presses him for an answer to the seriousness of his symptoms?
(a) The doctor tells Ivan he needs to do more tests.
(b) The doctor tells Ivan that it isn't anything to worry about.
(c) The doctor states that he has already told Ivan what he considers proper.
(d) The doctor tells Ivan that he has only weeks to live.
4. What month of Ivan's illness begins Chapter 7?
5. After seeing himself in the mirror, what does Ivan Ilych finally admit to himself?
(a) That he must write his memoirs before it's too late.
(b) That he is dying.
(c) That his wife is truly beautiful.
(d) That his daughter is marrying the wrong man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ivan Ilych consider the worst part of death?
2. What has happened to the main character?
3. Who does Ivan begin to question in Chapter 9?
4. Where did Ivan Ilych find a new job?
5. What does Ivan Ilych think of his marriage?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)