|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How often does Ivan experience physical pain?
(a) On and off.
(b) Mostly at night.
(d) Mostly in the morning.
2. When does Ivan Ilych's pain worsen?
(a) In the morning after he wakes up.
(b) During the night.
(c) When he is upset.
(d) In the evening after dinner.
3. In Chapter 10, how does Ivan feel about his memories of the past?
(a) The memories are joyful.
(b) The memories are shocking.
(c) The memories devastating.
(d) The memories are painful.
4. In Chapter 10, where is Ivan for the next two weeks?
(a) In the hospital.
(b) In his bed.
(c) On his sofa that he never leaves.
(d) In the doctor's back room.
5. After seeing himself in the mirror, what does Ivan Ilych finally admit to himself?
(a) That he is dying.
(b) That his daughter is marrying the wrong man.
(c) That his wife is truly beautiful.
(d) That he must write his memoirs before it's too late.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Ivan Ilych much distress?
2. What does the doctor focus on?
3. What is the setting of Chapter 1?
4. What does Ivan Ilych try to understand?
5. What does Ivan Ilych feel toward what he hears down the hall?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)