|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character does Chapter 2 discuss?
(b) Praskovya Fedorovna.
(c) Peter Ivanovich.
(d) Ivan Ilych.
2. What year is it in the novel?
3. How does the doctor respond when Ivan Ilych presses him for an answer to the seriousness of his symptoms?
(a) The doctor tells Ivan that he has only weeks to live.
(b) The doctor tells Ivan he needs to do more tests.
(c) The doctor states that he has already told Ivan what he considers proper.
(d) The doctor tells Ivan that it isn't anything to worry about.
4. Even after Ivan Ilych realizes that he is going to die, what kinds of thoughts does he try to think about?
(a) How he can stop his daughter's marriage.
(b) What he needs to do to become healthy again.
(c) How he can spend more time at the office.
(d) Thoughts that he considers more proper and healthy.
5. How does Ivan Ilych react to his worsening pain?
(a) He decides to stay in bed all day.
(b) He begs the doctor for medication to releave the pain.
(c) He becomes delirious.
(d) He becomes increasingly irritable.
Short Answer Questions
1. What two things that Ivan Ilych hears down the hall makes him react as he does?
2. How do most people act toward Ivan?
3. In Chapter 10, how does Ivan feel about his memories of the past?
4. What does Ivan Ilych try to understand?
5. What does Ivan Ilych feel toward what he hears down the hall?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)