|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ivan Ilych marry?
(a) He is in love.
(b) His father-in-law forces him.
(c) He wants his wife's money.
(d) It seems expected of him.
2. After offering his condolences, what does Peter Ivanovich tell Praskovya Fedorovna?
(a) That Peter Ivanovich must leave.
(b) That Peter Ivanovich has been secretly in love with Praskovya Fedorovna for years.
(c) That Praskovya Fedorovna has received all the money the government will give her.
(d) That Praskovya Fedorovna is very beautiful.
3. In Chapter 8, Ivan is angry with whom?
(a) The doctor.
(b) Those who wouldn't promote him at his old job.
(c) Those around him who act like everything is normal.
4. Ivan Ilych knows he gave his life to what?
(a) The law.
(b) His family.
(c) To getting that promotion that he knows he deserves.
(d) Decorating his house.
5. In Chapter 10, how does Ivan feel about his memories of the past?
(a) The memories are painful.
(b) The memories are joyful.
(c) The memories are shocking.
(d) The memories devastating.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ivan ask of God?
2. What is Praskovya Fedorovna's relationship to the main character?
3. Where does Ivan live in his thoughts?
4. Who comes to visit Ivan Ilych in Chapter 5?
5. What does food become to Ivan?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)