|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Ivan Ilych's ambitions resulted in?
(a) Terrible headaches.
(b) Alienation of his children.
(c) Increasing levels of power at work.
(d) Tension between he and his wife.
2. How do most people treat Ivan's dying?
(a) As an imposition.
(b) As a relief.
(c) As an opportunity to show their love for him.
(d) As a tragedy.
3. Ivan Ilych knows he gave his life to what?
(a) The law.
(b) To getting that promotion that he knows he deserves.
(c) His family.
(d) Decorating his house.
4. Who is the main character?
(a) Ivan Ilych.
(b) Peter Ivanovich.
(c) Praskovya Fedorovna.
(d) Vladimir Ivanich.
5. What did the sight of Ivan Ilych seem to convey to Peter Ivanovich?
(a) Optimism and joy.
(b) Anger and hostility.
(c) Reproach or warning.
(d) Conviction and righteousness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ivan realize in Chapter 7?
2. Who is Ivan's family going to see at the end of Chatper 8?
3. Why are his wife and daughter anxious when Ivan Ilych arrives home?
4. Who is the first character introduced in Chapter 5?
5. Who did Peter Ivanovich meet first at Ivan Ilych's house?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)