|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Ivan's drugs help his wife and doctors?
(a) The drugs only serve their convenience in keeping Ivan quiet.
(b) The drugs make it easier for him to sleep.
(c) The drugs make Ivan easier to be with.
(d) The drugs make them feel better because they ease his pain.
2. Who is the main character?
(a) Praskovya Fedorovna.
(b) Ivan Ilych.
(c) Vladimir Ivanich.
(d) Peter Ivanovich.
3. What are the symptoms that Ivan Ilych has?
(a) He has gained a lot of weight and limps.
(b) He had terrible headaches and is balding.
(c) He is thin and yellow.
(d) He is unable to walk and or lift his right arm.
4. Is Ivan Ilych in denial about his condition?
(a) No, he realizes he is going to die and is getting his will in order.
(b) Yes, he refuses to accept the seriousness of his condition.
(c) Yes, and his family is trying to convince him how serious his condition is.
(d) Yes, though his protective shield is starting to crack.
5. How does the doctor respond when Ivan Ilych presses him for an answer to the seriousness of his symptoms?
(a) The doctor tells Ivan he needs to do more tests.
(b) The doctor tells Ivan that he has only weeks to live.
(c) The doctor states that he has already told Ivan what he considers proper.
(d) The doctor tells Ivan that it isn't anything to worry about.
Short Answer Questions
1. How satisfied with his life is Ivan Ilych?
2. Where did Ivan Ilych find a new job?
3. What affects do these medicines have on Ivan?
4. Even after Ivan Ilych realizes that he is going to die, what kinds of thoughts does he try to think about?
5. Is Ivan Ilych successful in understanding this?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)