|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ivan Ilych feel toward what he hears down the hall?
2. What is Ivan Ilych forced to do with his thoughts of death?
(a) Tell his wife about them.
(b) Sit there and face them.
(c) Ignore them.
(d) Cry over them incessantly.
3. How does Ivan Ilych deal with the revelation in Chapter 6?
(a) He plans to stop his daughter's marriage.
(b) He spends more times with his wife.
(c) He despairs continuously.
(d) He starts finds a suitable book in which to write his memoirs.
4. Where did Ivan Ilych find a new job?
(a) In the town where his wife's brother lives.
(b) In Petersburg.
(c) In the town he'd been living in all his life.
(d) In Moscow.
5. Ivan Ilych's chief concern is to what?
(a) To be well enough to attend the party that evening.
(b) To follow doctor's orders exactly.
(c) To continue working at his new job.
(d) To get his wife to listen to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who seems to answer Ivan's questions?
2. How bad are the affects of these medicines?
3. Even after Ivan Ilych realizes that he is going to die, what kinds of thoughts does he try to think about?
4. Is Ivan Ilych successful in understanding this?
5. After seeing himself for the first time in many months in the mirror, what reaction does Ivan Ilych have to what he sees?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)