|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ivan Ilych's chief concern is to what?
(a) To continue working at his new job.
(b) To follow doctor's orders exactly.
(c) To get his wife to listen to him.
(d) To be well enough to attend the party that evening.
2. What has Ivan Ilych's ambitions resulted in?
(a) Tension between he and his wife.
(b) Alienation of his children.
(c) Terrible headaches.
(d) Increasing levels of power at work.
3. How does Ivan Ilych react to his worsening pain?
(a) He becomes delirious.
(b) He decides to stay in bed all day.
(c) He begs the doctor for medication to releave the pain.
(d) He becomes increasingly irritable.
4. What has happened to the main character?
(a) He has just become a grandfather.
(b) He has been promoted.
(c) He has been newly wed.
(d) He has died.
5. What does Ivan Ilych do the more he senses that his wife is bored all the time?
(a) He takes her on vacation.
(b) He buys a home near the sea.
(c) He carves out a life independent from her.
(d) He tries harder to make her happy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Peter Ivanovich realize as he was speaking to Praskovya Fedorovna?
2. When Ivan Ilych discovers what makes his pain worse, how does he deal with it?
3. How many of Ivan Ilych's children die?
4. Why doesn't Ivan Ilych change his life?
5. When Ivan Ilych gets home from the doctor, what does he do?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)