|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ivan Ilych's wife react to each child's loss?
(a) She wants to try for another child immediately.
(b) She becomes more ill temperered.
(c) She pretends that the child isn't dead for months.
(d) She decides to have no more children.
2. What does the doctor focus on?
(a) Whether or not Ivan can pay the bill.
(b) Whether or not the doctor has met Ivan before.
(c) Whether the pain is coming from the appendix or the kidney.
(d) How many other patients are waiting to be seen.
3. What happens to Ivan Ilych one day as he is adjusting a curtain?
(a) Ivan slips on a stepladder and receives a nasty bruise on his side.
(b) Ivan falls on his wife.
(c) Ivan falls and breaks his leg.
(d) Ivan falls and rips the curtain.
4. What did the sight of Ivan Ilych seem to convey to Peter Ivanovich?
(a) Conviction and righteousness.
(b) Anger and hostility.
(c) Optimism and joy.
(d) Reproach or warning.
5. Where did Ivan Ilych find a new job?
(a) In the town he'd been living in all his life.
(b) In Petersburg.
(c) In Moscow.
(d) In the town where his wife's brother lives.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Ivan Ilych's wife?
2. What does the doctor ignore?
3. What has happened to the main character?
4. How old is Ivan Ilych's son?
5. How did Peter Ivanovich learn the fate of the main character?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)