|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Praskovya Fedorovna tell Peter Ivanovich about the main character?
(a) He will make a wonderful grandfather.
(b) He lay screaming almost non-stop for the last three days.
(c) He is an excellent dancer.
(d) He is excited about his daughter's wedding.
2. What did Peter Ivanovich realize as he was speaking to Praskovya Fedorovna?
(a) That Peter Ivanovich would like to marry Praskovya Fedorovna .
(b) That Praskovya Fedorovna talks too much.
(c) That Praskovya Fedorovna just wants to know if there is any additional government grant she can receive.
(d) That Praskovya Fedorovna is very beautiful.
3. Once settled, what makes Ivan Ilych irritable?
(a) The family's new dog.
(b) His children.
(c) His wife.
(d) Every new stain or imperfection.
4. Where does Ivan Ilych take his family when he takes a leave of absence from his job?
(a) To his wife's brother's family.
(b) To the seaside.
(c) To America.
(d) To the countryside.
5. What happens to Ivan Ilych one day as he is adjusting a curtain?
(a) Ivan falls and breaks his leg.
(b) Ivan falls on his wife.
(c) Ivan falls and rips the curtain.
(d) Ivan slips on a stepladder and receives a nasty bruise on his side.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first to leave the event that happened on Friday?
2. How many of Ivan Ilych's children die?
3. What does Ivan Ilych think of his marriage?
4. Why are his wife and daughter anxious when Ivan Ilych arrives home?
5. What does Ivan Ilych guess the doctor's prognosis is?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)