|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ivan Ilych recognize in the doctor's professional air?
(a) His own attitude toward an accused person in court.
(b) Compassion and pity.
(c) Condescension and disdain.
(d) Aloofness and indifference.
2. How many children does Ivan Ilych and his wife have together?
3. What does Ivan Ilych think of his marriage?
(a) It is all he ever wanted.
(b) It is happy.
(c) It is unhappy.
(d) It is exciting.
4. With whom does Ivan Ilych play the game that he enjoys?
(a) His friends.
(c) His wife.
(d) His son.
5. What does Ivan Ilych do the more he senses that his wife is bored all the time?
(a) He takes her on vacation.
(b) He buys a home near the sea.
(c) He tries harder to make her happy.
(d) He carves out a life independent from her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the doctor focus on?
2. What offends Ivan Ilych the most about being passed over for a promotion?
3. To what or whom does Peter Ivanovich refuse to yield to?
4. Why does Ivan Ilych think that his case might not be so serious after all?
5. Once settled, what makes Ivan Ilych irritable?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)