|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After offering his condolences, what does Peter Ivanovich tell Praskovya Fedorovna?
(a) That Peter Ivanovich must leave.
(b) That Peter Ivanovich has been secretly in love with Praskovya Fedorovna for years.
(c) That Praskovya Fedorovna is very beautiful.
(d) That Praskovya Fedorovna has received all the money the government will give her.
2. How satisfied with his life is Ivan Ilych?
(b) Not at all.
(d) Only a very small amount.
3. What is Praskovya Fedorovna's relationship to the main character?
4. When Ivan Ilych discovers what makes his pain worse, how does he deal with it?
(a) He ignores things that might upset him.
(b) He increases his dosage of his medication.
(c) Ivan becomes constantly on guard against anything that might distress him.
(d) He cries.
5. When does Ivan Ilych's pain worsen?
(a) In the evening after dinner.
(b) When he is upset.
(c) During the night.
(d) In the morning after he wakes up.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ivan Ilych recognize in the doctor's professional air?
2. How does Ivan Ilych respond when confronted with the symptoms of his illness?
3. What game does Ivan Ilych like to play?
4. When Peter Ivanovich encounters Ivan Ilych's daughter and fiance, how to they look?
5. How many of Ivan Ilych's children die?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)