|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Ivan Ilych play the game that he enjoys?
(b) His wife.
(c) His friends.
(d) His son.
2. What happens to Ivan Ilych one day as he is adjusting a curtain?
(a) Ivan falls and breaks his leg.
(b) Ivan falls on his wife.
(c) Ivan slips on a stepladder and receives a nasty bruise on his side.
(d) Ivan falls and rips the curtain.
3. When Ivan Ilych discovers what makes his pain worse, how does he deal with it?
(a) He cries.
(b) He ignores things that might upset him.
(c) Ivan becomes constantly on guard against anything that might distress him.
(d) He increases his dosage of his medication.
4. How does Ivan Ilych's wife react to his worsening pain?
(a) She criticizes him for fixing the curtain.
(b) She insists he see a doctor.
(c) She chastises him for whining.
(d) She ignores him.
5. To what event did Peter Ivanovich go to on Friday?
(a) To a grand ball.
(b) To a wedding.
(c) To argue a court case.
(d) To a funeral.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Praskovya Fedorovna tell Peter Ivanovich about the main character?
2. Where does Ivan Ilych take his family when he takes a leave of absence from his job?
3. What does Ivan Ilych see as "doing his duty?"
4. What has Ivan Ilych's ambitions resulted in?
5. What does the doctor ignore?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)