|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Peter Ivanovich realize as he was speaking to Praskovya Fedorovna?
(a) That Praskovya Fedorovna just wants to know if there is any additional government grant she can receive.
(b) That Peter Ivanovich would like to marry Praskovya Fedorovna .
(c) That Praskovya Fedorovna is very beautiful.
(d) That Praskovya Fedorovna talks too much.
2. Why doesn't Ivan Ilych change his life?
(a) His wife won't let him change it.
(b) He has no imagination for creating another life.
(c) He likes his life as it is.
(d) He doesn't have enough money to change it the way he wants it.
3. Why does Ivan Ilych marry?
(a) It seems expected of him.
(b) He is in love.
(c) He wants his wife's money.
(d) His father-in-law forces him.
4. When Ivan Ilych discovers what makes his pain worse, how does he deal with it?
(a) He increases his dosage of his medication.
(b) Ivan becomes constantly on guard against anything that might distress him.
(c) He cries.
(d) He ignores things that might upset him.
5. What does Ivan Ilych's wife tell him to do, after he gets back from the doctor?
(a) Take his medicine.
(b) Go to his bed and rest.
(c) Be quiet.
(d) Tell her all about the doctor's visit.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Ivan Ilych take a leave of absence from his job?
2. What game does Ivan Ilych like to play?
3. Why are his wife and daughter anxious when Ivan Ilych arrives home?
4. Who is the first to leave the event that happened on Friday?
5. What offends Ivan Ilych the most about being passed over for a promotion?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)