|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What profession is Ivan Ilych?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) A judge.
2. How does the doctor respond when Ivan Ilych presses him for an answer to the seriousness of his symptoms?
(a) The doctor tells Ivan he needs to do more tests.
(b) The doctor tells Ivan that he has only weeks to live.
(c) The doctor tells Ivan that it isn't anything to worry about.
(d) The doctor states that he has already told Ivan what he considers proper.
3. Which character does Chapter 2 discuss?
(a) Peter Ivanovich.
(c) Praskovya Fedorovna.
(d) Ivan Ilych.
4. Ivan Ilych's chief concern is to what?
(a) To get his wife to listen to him.
(b) To continue working at his new job.
(c) To be well enough to attend the party that evening.
(d) To follow doctor's orders exactly.
5. What does Ivan Ilych think of his marriage?
(a) It is happy.
(b) It is all he ever wanted.
(c) It is exciting.
(d) It is unhappy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are two of Ivan Ilych's symptoms?
2. Who did Peter Ivanovich meet first at Ivan Ilych's house?
3. Why is Ivan Ilych able to find a new home that will please both him and his wife?
4. When does Ivan Ilych's pain worsen?
5. What does Ivan Ilych guess the doctor's prognosis is?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)