|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Praskovya Fedorovna tell Peter Ivanovich about the main character?
(a) He is excited about his daughter's wedding.
(b) He will make a wonderful grandfather.
(c) He is an excellent dancer.
(d) He lay screaming almost non-stop for the last three days.
2. When does Ivan Ilych take a leave of absence from his job?
(a) The day after he is not promoted.
(b) The summer of 1880.
(c) The following year.
(d) The summer of 1865.
3. What does Ivan Ilych do the more he senses that his wife is bored all the time?
(a) He takes her on vacation.
(b) He carves out a life independent from her.
(c) He buys a home near the sea.
(d) He tries harder to make her happy.
4. What has Ivan Ilych's ambitions resulted in?
(a) Terrible headaches.
(b) Tension between he and his wife.
(c) Alienation of his children.
(d) Increasing levels of power at work.
5. When Ivan Ilych discovers what makes his pain worse, how does he deal with it?
(a) He increases his dosage of his medication.
(b) He cries.
(c) He ignores things that might upset him.
(d) Ivan becomes constantly on guard against anything that might distress him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are two of Ivan Ilych's symptoms?
2. Why does Ivan Ilych think that his case might not be so serious after all?
3. Which character does Chapter 2 discuss?
4. What does the doctor ignore?
5. How did Peter Ivanovich learn the fate of the main character?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)