|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Without the distraction of work, what happens to Ivan Ilych?
(a) He discovers what is wrong with his life.
(b) He realizes how much he loves his wife.
(c) He falls into a profound depression.
(d) He falls in love with another woman.
2. How long ago did Ivan Ilych start his career?
(a) 6 years ago.
(b) 20 years ago.
(c) So long ago he can't remember.
(d) 17 years ago.
3. With whom does Ivan Ilych play the game that he enjoys?
(a) His wife.
(c) His son.
(d) His friends.
4. What offends Ivan Ilych the most about being passed over for a promotion?
(a) Ivan had been told he was going to get the promotion.
(b) Ivan didn't get an apology from his boss for not promoting him.
(c) Others seem to see his struggles as quite ordinary.
(d) The person promoted is less qualified for the job than he is.
5. What happens to Ivan Ilych one day as he is adjusting a curtain?
(a) Ivan slips on a stepladder and receives a nasty bruise on his side.
(b) Ivan falls and breaks his leg.
(c) Ivan falls on his wife.
(d) Ivan falls and rips the curtain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the sight of Ivan Ilych seem to convey to Peter Ivanovich?
2. Why does Ivan Ilych think that his case might not be so serious after all?
3. How did Peter Ivanovich learn the fate of the main character?
4. What are two of Ivan Ilych's symptoms?
5. Why are his wife and daughter anxious when Ivan Ilych arrives home?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)