|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ivan Ilych think that his case might not be so serious after all?
(a) Because he is feeling better already.
(b) Because the doctor tells him not to worry.
(c) Because his wife can go out as usual.
(d) Because he reads about it in a medical book.
2. What does Ivan Ilych see as "doing his duty?"
(a) To be the best father to his children.
(b) To serve the judicial system honorably.
(c) To do whatever pleases those in authority.
(d) To do whatever pleases his wife.
3. After offering his condolences, what does Peter Ivanovich tell Praskovya Fedorovna?
(a) That Peter Ivanovich must leave.
(b) That Praskovya Fedorovna has received all the money the government will give her.
(c) That Praskovya Fedorovna is very beautiful.
(d) That Peter Ivanovich has been secretly in love with Praskovya Fedorovna for years.
4. Why does Ivan Ilych take his family there?
(a) To hide from the law.
(b) For a vacation.
(c) To save money.
(d) For a visit.
5. What does Ivan Ilych do the more he senses that his wife is bored all the time?
(a) He carves out a life independent from her.
(b) He buys a home near the sea.
(c) He takes her on vacation.
(d) He tries harder to make her happy.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Ivan Ilych take a leave of absence from his job?
2. How does Ivan Ilych react to his worsening pain?
3. Who is Ivan Ilych's wife?
4. What is wrong with Ivan Ilych's current job?
5. What does the doctor focus on?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)