|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ivan Ilych's wife tell him to do, after he gets back from the doctor?
(a) Take his medicine.
(b) Be quiet.
(c) Tell her all about the doctor's visit.
(d) Go to his bed and rest.
2. How many children does Ivan Ilych and his wife have together?
3. When Ivan Ilych gets home from the doctor, what does he do?
(a) Tries to tell his wife and daughter everything.
(b) Asks his wife why dinner isn't ready.
(c) Sits down and takes a nap.
(d) Breaks down and sobs uncontrollably.
4. How did Peter Ivanovich learn the fate of the main character?
(a) From reading the newspaper.
(b) From an announcement in the judge's chamber.
(c) From Praskovya Fedorovna.
(d) From a messager sent to tell him.
5. What offends Ivan Ilych the most about being passed over for a promotion?
(a) Others seem to see his struggles as quite ordinary.
(b) Ivan didn't get an apology from his boss for not promoting him.
(c) The person promoted is less qualified for the job than he is.
(d) Ivan had been told he was going to get the promotion.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the doctor respond when Ivan Ilych presses him for an answer to the seriousness of his symptoms?
2. How much will Ivan Ilych's new job pay on moving expenses?
3. Ivan Ilych's chief concern is to what?
4. After offering his condolences, what does Peter Ivanovich tell Praskovya Fedorovna?
5. Where did Ivan Ilych find a new job?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)