|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Ivan Ilych play the game that he enjoys?
(a) His son.
(c) His wife.
(d) His friends.
2. What does Ivan Ilych guess the doctor's prognosis is?
(a) It is nothing to worry about.
(b) It is very bad.
(c) It is not as bad as he thought it was.
(d) Ivan doesn't guess at the doctor's prognosis.
3. What does the doctor focus on?
(a) Whether or not Ivan can pay the bill.
(b) Whether the pain is coming from the appendix or the kidney.
(c) How many other patients are waiting to be seen.
(d) Whether or not the doctor has met Ivan before.
4. After offering his condolences, what does Peter Ivanovich tell Praskovya Fedorovna?
(a) That Praskovya Fedorovna has received all the money the government will give her.
(b) That Peter Ivanovich must leave.
(c) That Peter Ivanovich has been secretly in love with Praskovya Fedorovna for years.
(d) That Praskovya Fedorovna is very beautiful.
5. To what event did Peter Ivanovich go to on Friday?
(a) To argue a court case.
(b) To a wedding.
(c) To a funeral.
(d) To a grand ball.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Ivan Ilych discovers what makes his pain worse, how does he deal with it?
2. Why are his wife and daughter anxious when Ivan Ilych arrives home?
3. How does Ivan Ilych's wife behave toward his illness?
4. What is the setting of Chapter 1?
5. Why does Ivan Ilych marry?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)