|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money does Ivan Ilych need to be paid?
(a) Enough to buy a summer house.
(b) Enough to afford to send his son to medical school.
(c) At least 5,000 rubles.
(d) No less than 10,000 rubles.
2. To what event did Peter Ivanovich go to on Friday?
(a) To argue a court case.
(b) To a funeral.
(c) To a wedding.
(d) To a grand ball.
3. How does the doctor respond when Ivan Ilych presses him for an answer to the seriousness of his symptoms?
(a) The doctor tells Ivan he needs to do more tests.
(b) The doctor states that he has already told Ivan what he considers proper.
(c) The doctor tells Ivan that he has only weeks to live.
(d) The doctor tells Ivan that it isn't anything to worry about.
4. What does the doctor focus on?
(a) Whether or not the doctor has met Ivan before.
(b) How many other patients are waiting to be seen.
(c) Whether the pain is coming from the appendix or the kidney.
(d) Whether or not Ivan can pay the bill.
5. Why does Ivan Ilych think that his case might not be so serious after all?
(a) Because he is feeling better already.
(b) Because he reads about it in a medical book.
(c) Because the doctor tells him not to worry.
(d) Because his wife can go out as usual.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ivan Ilych respond when confronted with the symptoms of his illness?
2. What does Ivan Ilych see as "doing his duty?"
3. What did the sight of Ivan Ilych seem to convey to Peter Ivanovich?
4. What has Ivan Ilych's ambitions resulted in?
5. How much will Ivan Ilych's new job pay on moving expenses?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)