|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What relationship is the main character to Peter Ivanovich?
(a) A lifelong acquaintance and colleaque of the main character.
(b) The main character's son-in-law.
(c) The main character's boss.
(d) The main character's brother.
2. How does Ivan Ilych's view his life?
(a) Exactly the way he hoped it would be.
(b) As extraordinary.
(c) As exciting.
(d) As most ordinary.
3. What causes Ivan Ilych much distress?
(a) Not being able to continue working at his new job.
(b) His wife.
(c) Being constantly on guard against anything that might distress him.
(d) The severe pain.
4. How does Ivan Ilych's relationship with his wife affect his work?
(a) He misses several days.
(b) He is unprepared for court.
(c) He becomes more and more ambitious.
(d) He becomes close friends with the judge.
5. Who is Ivan Ilych's wife?
(a) Vladimir Ivanich.
(c) Praskovya Fedorovna.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long ago did Ivan Ilych start his career?
2. Why is this year the hardest year of Ivan Ilych?
3. When does Ivan Ilych take a leave of absence from his job?
4. Why does Ivan Ilych take his family there?
5. After offering his condolences, what does Peter Ivanovich tell Praskovya Fedorovna?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)