|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ivan Ilych's wife tell him to do, after he gets back from the doctor?
(a) Go to his bed and rest.
(b) Be quiet.
(c) Tell her all about the doctor's visit.
(d) Take his medicine.
2. When does Ivan Ilych's pain worsen?
(a) During the night.
(b) In the morning after he wakes up.
(c) In the evening after dinner.
(d) When he is upset.
3. What has Ivan Ilych's ambitions resulted in?
(a) Terrible headaches.
(b) Tension between he and his wife.
(c) Alienation of his children.
(d) Increasing levels of power at work.
4. Why does Ivan Ilych's animosity toward his former colleagues vanish?
(a) He realizes he was being foolish.
(b) One of his former colleagues asks for his daughter's hand in marriage.
(c) They give him the promotion when he returns from his leave of absence.
(d) Ivan Ilych's new position places him two steps above them.
5. How many of Ivan Ilych's children die?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Peter Ivanovich encounters Ivan Ilych's daughter and fiance, how to they look?
2. When Ivan Ilych gets home from the doctor, what does he do?
3. Where did Ivan Ilych find a new job?
4. When Ivan Ilych discovers what makes his pain worse, how does he deal with it?
5. What has happened to the main character?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)