|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ivan Ilych's relationship with his wife affect his work?
(a) He becomes more and more ambitious.
(b) He is unprepared for court.
(c) He becomes close friends with the judge.
(d) He misses several days.
2. What is the setting of Chapter 1?
(a) The church.
(b) The courtroom.
(c) The judge's chamber.
(d) Ivan Ilych's house.
3. What does the doctor ignore?
(a) Ivan's fear that bruises are starting to spread all over his body.
(b) Ivan's wife's questions.
(c) The question as to whether or not Ivan's case is serious.
(d) Ivan's ability to pay him.
4. What profession is Ivan Ilych?
(a) A teacher.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A judge.
(d) A lawyer.
5. Why does Ivan Ilych's animosity toward his former colleagues vanish?
(a) Ivan Ilych's new position places him two steps above them.
(b) He realizes he was being foolish.
(c) They give him the promotion when he returns from his leave of absence.
(d) One of his former colleagues asks for his daughter's hand in marriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. Once settled, what makes Ivan Ilych irritable?
2. How many children does Ivan Ilych and his wife have together?
3. What does Ivan Ilych's son's face look like?
4. What does Ivan Ilych's wife tell him to do, after he gets back from the doctor?
5. What causes Ivan Ilych much distress?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)