|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Peter Ivanovich meet first at Ivan Ilych's house?
(b) Praskovya Fedorovna.
(d) Ivan Ilych.
2. Why are his wife and daughter anxious when Ivan Ilych arrives home?
(a) They are anxious because Ivan had been gone so long.
(b) They are anxious to go out.
(c) They are anxious to get the house clean for the party that night.
(d) They are anxious to hear what the doctor had to say.
3. What happens to Ivan Ilych one day as he is adjusting a curtain?
(a) Ivan falls and rips the curtain.
(b) Ivan slips on a stepladder and receives a nasty bruise on his side.
(c) Ivan falls and breaks his leg.
(d) Ivan falls on his wife.
4. What causes Ivan Ilych much distress?
(a) The severe pain.
(b) Not being able to continue working at his new job.
(c) His wife.
(d) Being constantly on guard against anything that might distress him.
5. How old is Ivan Ilych's son?
(a) Of schoolboy age.
(b) Still in diapers.
(c) Of an elderly nature.
(d) Old enough to be driving.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ivan Ilych take his family there?
2. What has happened to the main character?
3. How many children does Ivan Ilych and his wife have together?
4. What did the sight of Ivan Ilych seem to convey to Peter Ivanovich?
5. What does Ivan Ilych do the more he senses that his wife is bored all the time?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)