|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ivan Ilych's view his life?
(a) As most ordinary.
(b) As exciting.
(c) As extraordinary.
(d) Exactly the way he hoped it would be.
2. What are two of Ivan Ilych's symptoms?
(a) Other bruises appear on his body and the pain in his side.
(b) The weird taste in his mouth and the pain in his side.
(c) The weird taste in his mouth and his craving for blintzes.
(d) Nose bleeds and a terrible limp.
3. What does the doctor ignore?
(a) Ivan's ability to pay him.
(b) The question as to whether or not Ivan's case is serious.
(c) Ivan's fear that bruises are starting to spread all over his body.
(d) Ivan's wife's questions.
4. When does Ivan Ilych's pain worsen?
(a) When he is upset.
(b) In the morning after he wakes up.
(c) During the night.
(d) In the evening after dinner.
5. What did Peter Ivanovich realize as he was speaking to Praskovya Fedorovna?
(a) That Praskovya Fedorovna just wants to know if there is any additional government grant she can receive.
(b) That Praskovya Fedorovna is very beautiful.
(c) That Peter Ivanovich would like to marry Praskovya Fedorovna .
(d) That Praskovya Fedorovna talks too much.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Ivan Ilych discovers what makes his pain worse, how does he deal with it?
2. What causes Ivan Ilych much distress?
3. What is the setting of Chapter 1?
4. What did Praskovya Fedorovna tell Peter Ivanovich about the main character?
5. Why is this year the hardest year of Ivan Ilych?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)