|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character does Chapter 2 discuss?
(a) Ivan Ilych.
(c) Praskovya Fedorovna.
(d) Peter Ivanovich.
2. What does Ivan Ilych recognize in the doctor's professional air?
(a) Aloofness and indifference.
(b) His own attitude toward an accused person in court.
(c) Compassion and pity.
(d) Condescension and disdain.
3. What offends Ivan Ilych the most about being passed over for a promotion?
(a) Ivan didn't get an apology from his boss for not promoting him.
(b) The person promoted is less qualified for the job than he is.
(c) Others seem to see his struggles as quite ordinary.
(d) Ivan had been told he was going to get the promotion.
4. What is the setting of Chapter 1?
(a) The courtroom.
(b) Ivan Ilych's house.
(c) The judge's chamber.
(d) The church.
5. What does Ivan Ilych's wife tell him to do, after he gets back from the doctor?
(a) Tell her all about the doctor's visit.
(b) Be quiet.
(c) Take his medicine.
(d) Go to his bed and rest.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the doctor respond when Ivan Ilych presses him for an answer to the seriousness of his symptoms?
2. Where does Ivan Ilych take his family when he takes a leave of absence from his job?
3. When Ivan Ilych gets home from the doctor, what does he do?
4. What is wrong with Ivan Ilych's current job?
5. Ivan Ilych's chief concern is to what?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)