|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Peter Ivanovich learn the fate of the main character?
(a) From reading the newspaper.
(b) From Praskovya Fedorovna.
(c) From an announcement in the judge's chamber.
(d) From a messager sent to tell him.
2. With whom does Ivan Ilych play the game that he enjoys?
(a) His son.
(b) His wife.
(c) His friends.
3. Why does Ivan Ilych take his family there?
(a) For a visit.
(b) For a vacation.
(c) To save money.
(d) To hide from the law.
4. In the beginning of Chapter 3, what is Ivan Ilych's professional title?
(a) Public Prosecutor.
(b) District Attorney.
(d) Civil Lawyer.
5. Ivan Ilych's chief concern is to what?
(a) To get his wife to listen to him.
(b) To continue working at his new job.
(c) To follow doctor's orders exactly.
(d) To be well enough to attend the party that evening.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Ivan Ilych take a leave of absence from his job?
2. How does Ivan Ilych's wife react to his worsening pain?
3. Without the distraction of work, what happens to Ivan Ilych?
4. What does Ivan Ilych guess the doctor's prognosis is?
5. Why is this year the hardest year of Ivan Ilych?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)