|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ivan Ilych take his family there?
(a) For a vacation.
(b) For a visit.
(c) To save money.
(d) To hide from the law.
2. What does Ivan Ilych think will solve his new problem?
(a) Go to medical school.
(b) To obtain a new job.
(c) Celebrate his love for his wife with a grand ball.
(d) Divorce his wife.
3. How does Ivan Ilych's view his life?
(a) As most ordinary.
(b) As extraordinary.
(c) As exciting.
(d) Exactly the way he hoped it would be.
4. When Ivan Ilych discovers what makes his pain worse, how does he deal with it?
(a) Ivan becomes constantly on guard against anything that might distress him.
(b) He ignores things that might upset him.
(c) He cries.
(d) He increases his dosage of his medication.
5. What did Praskovya Fedorovna tell Peter Ivanovich about the main character?
(a) He is an excellent dancer.
(b) He lay screaming almost non-stop for the last three days.
(c) He will make a wonderful grandfather.
(d) He is excited about his daughter's wedding.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ivan Ilych marry?
2. Which character does Chapter 2 discuss?
3. Why is Ivan Ilych able to find a new home that will please both him and his wife?
4. How does Ivan Ilych's relationship with his wife affect his work?
5. After offering his condolences, what does Peter Ivanovich tell Praskovya Fedorovna?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)