|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What profession is Ivan Ilych?
(a) A teacher.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A judge.
(d) A lawyer.
2. What did the sight of Ivan Ilych seem to convey to Peter Ivanovich?
(a) Anger and hostility.
(b) Conviction and righteousness.
(c) Optimism and joy.
(d) Reproach or warning.
3. Why doesn't Ivan Ilych change his life?
(a) His wife won't let him change it.
(b) He doesn't have enough money to change it the way he wants it.
(c) He has no imagination for creating another life.
(d) He likes his life as it is.
4. How much will Ivan Ilych's new job pay on moving expenses?
(a) 3,500 rubles.
(b) 5,000 rubles.
(c) 1,500 rubles.
5. What has Ivan Ilych's ambitions resulted in?
(a) Alienation of his children.
(b) Tension between he and his wife.
(c) Terrible headaches.
(d) Increasing levels of power at work.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ivan Ilych's animosity toward his former colleagues vanish?
2. What year is it in the novel?
3. Why is this year the hardest year of Ivan Ilych?
4. Why does Ivan Ilych marry?
5. What does Ivan Ilych think will solve his new problem?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)