|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ivan Ilych's chief concern is to what?
(a) To follow doctor's orders exactly.
(b) To continue working at his new job.
(c) To get his wife to listen to him.
(d) To be well enough to attend the party that evening.
2. When does Ivan Ilych take a leave of absence from his job?
(a) The following year.
(b) The summer of 1865.
(c) The summer of 1880.
(d) The day after he is not promoted.
3. Why does Ivan Ilych marry?
(a) He wants his wife's money.
(b) His father-in-law forces him.
(c) It seems expected of him.
(d) He is in love.
4. What has Ivan Ilych used as an escape from reality?
(a) Writing his memoirs.
(b) Decorating his house.
(d) Trying to stop the marriage of his daughter.
5. What offends Ivan Ilych the most about being passed over for a promotion?
(a) The person promoted is less qualified for the job than he is.
(b) Ivan didn't get an apology from his boss for not promoting him.
(c) Others seem to see his struggles as quite ordinary.
(d) Ivan had been told he was going to get the promotion.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Ivan try to work?
2. What medicines are often given to Ivan?
3. How does Ivan Ilych's wife react to his worsening pain?
4. How much money does Ivan Ilych need to be paid?
5. What does Ivan Ilych see as "doing his duty?"
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)