|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Ivan Ilych much distress?
(a) His wife.
(b) Not being able to continue working at his new job.
(c) Being constantly on guard against anything that might distress him.
(d) The severe pain.
2. In the beginning of Chapter 3, what is Ivan Ilych's professional title?
(b) Civil Lawyer.
(c) Public Prosecutor.
(d) District Attorney.
3. Is Ivan Ilych successful in understanding this?
(a) Yes, immediately.
(b) Yes, but it takes time to ponder.
(c) No, he cannot.
(d) Yes, most of the time.
4. What is Ivan Ilych forced to do with his thoughts of death?
(a) Sit there and face them.
(b) Ignore them.
(c) Tell his wife about them.
(d) Cry over them incessantly.
5. What is wrong with Ivan Ilych's current job?
(a) It's boring.
(b) The workload is too heavy.
(c) There's not enough to do.
(d) The money isn't enough to keep up with his standard of living.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children does Ivan Ilych and his wife have together?
2. Why is this year the hardest year of Ivan Ilych?
3. How satisfied with his life is Ivan Ilych?
4. Which character is introduced in Chapter 7?
5. Ivan Ilych's chief concern is to what?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)