|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ivan Ilych knows he gave his life to what?
(a) The law.
(b) His family.
(c) To getting that promotion that he knows he deserves.
(d) Decorating his house.
2. Why does Ivan Ilych marry?
(a) He is in love.
(b) He wants his wife's money.
(c) His father-in-law forces him.
(d) It seems expected of him.
3. What does the doctor focus on?
(a) Whether or not the doctor has met Ivan before.
(b) How many other patients are waiting to be seen.
(c) Whether the pain is coming from the appendix or the kidney.
(d) Whether or not Ivan can pay the bill.
4. What does the doctor ignore?
(a) The question as to whether or not Ivan's case is serious.
(b) Ivan's wife's questions.
(c) Ivan's ability to pay him.
(d) Ivan's fear that bruises are starting to spread all over his body.
5. Ivan Ilych's chief concern is to what?
(a) To get his wife to listen to him.
(b) To be well enough to attend the party that evening.
(c) To continue working at his new job.
(d) To follow doctor's orders exactly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ivan Ilych forced to do with his thoughts of death?
2. What does Ivan Ilych do the more he senses that his wife is bored all the time?
3. Which character is introduced in Chapter 7?
4. What does Ivan Ilych consider the worst part of death?
5. How does Ivan Ilych's wife react to each child's loss?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)