|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ivan Ilych consider the worst part of death?
(a) That it will take him away from his family.
(b) That he will never see his new house fully decorated.
(c) The unbearable pain.
(d) It allows him no action to take.
2. In Chapter 6, is Ivan able to replace his thoughts of death?
(a) Yes, but it takes time.
(b) No, it doesn't work anymore.
(c) No, not all the time.
(d) Yes, it works brilliantly.
3. How does Ivan try to live?
(b) With love in his heart toward all.
(c) Carefully, so as not to make his condition worse.
(d) As he lived before he was dying.
4. Ivan Ilych knows he gave his life to what?
(a) To getting that promotion that he knows he deserves.
(b) His family.
(c) Decorating his house.
(d) The law.
5. What year is it in the novel?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ivan Ilych take his family there?
2. How satisfied with his life is Ivan Ilych?
3. What affects do these medicines have on Ivan?
4. What does Ivan Ilych recognize in the doctor's professional air?
5. After seeing himself in the mirror, what does Ivan Ilych finally admit to himself?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)