|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Ivan Ilych find a new job?
(a) In Moscow.
(b) In the town he'd been living in all his life.
(c) In Petersburg.
(d) In the town where his wife's brother lives.
2. Ivan Ilych knows he gave his life to what?
(a) His family.
(b) Decorating his house.
(c) To getting that promotion that he knows he deserves.
(d) The law.
3. How much does Ivan sleep?
(a) As little as he eats.
(b) All the time.
(c) All day but not at night.
(d) Four hours a night on good nights.
4. Why are his wife and daughter anxious when Ivan Ilych arrives home?
(a) They are anxious to hear what the doctor had to say.
(b) They are anxious to go out.
(c) They are anxious to get the house clean for the party that night.
(d) They are anxious because Ivan had been gone so long.
5. Why does Ivan Ilych think that his case might not be so serious after all?
(a) Because he is feeling better already.
(b) Because he reads about it in a medical book.
(c) Because his wife can go out as usual.
(d) Because the doctor tells him not to worry.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much will Ivan Ilych's new job pay on moving expenses?
2. How does Ivan Ilych react to his worsening pain?
3. What does Ivan Ilych think his wife wants of him?
4. What does Ivan realize in Chapter 7?
5. Ivan Ilych's chief concern is to what?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)