|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Even after Ivan Ilych realizes that he is going to die, what kinds of thoughts does he try to think about?
(a) How he can spend more time at the office.
(b) Thoughts that he considers more proper and healthy.
(c) How he can stop his daughter's marriage.
(d) What he needs to do to become healthy again.
2. How many children does Ivan Ilych and his wife have together?
3. How long ago did Ivan Ilych start his career?
(a) 20 years ago.
(b) So long ago he can't remember.
(c) 17 years ago.
(d) 6 years ago.
4. When Ivan Ilych discovers what makes his pain worse, how does he deal with it?
(a) Ivan becomes constantly on guard against anything that might distress him.
(b) He cries.
(c) He increases his dosage of his medication.
(d) He ignores things that might upset him.
5. What has Ivan Ilych used as an escape from reality?
(b) Decorating his house.
(c) Writing his memoirs.
(d) Trying to stop the marriage of his daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character is introduced in Chapter 7?
2. How do most people treat Ivan's dying?
3. What is wrong with Ivan Ilych's current job?
4. How does Ivan Ilych react to his worsening pain?
5. What does the doctor ignore?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)