|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Ivan Ilych used as an escape from reality?
(a) Trying to stop the marriage of his daughter.
(c) Decorating his house.
(d) Writing his memoirs.
2. What happens to Ivan Ilych one day as he is adjusting a curtain?
(a) Ivan falls on his wife.
(b) Ivan slips on a stepladder and receives a nasty bruise on his side.
(c) Ivan falls and rips the curtain.
(d) Ivan falls and breaks his leg.
3. What are two of Ivan Ilych's symptoms?
(a) The weird taste in his mouth and the pain in his side.
(b) The weird taste in his mouth and his craving for blintzes.
(c) Nose bleeds and a terrible limp.
(d) Other bruises appear on his body and the pain in his side.
4. How satisfied with his life is Ivan Ilych?
(a) Only a very small amount.
(c) Not at all.
5. Which character is introduced in Chapter 7?
(a) Peter Ivanovich.
(c) Vladimir Ivanich.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the doctor focus on?
2. Why is Ivan Ilych able to find a new home that will please both him and his wife?
3. When does Ivan Ilych take a leave of absence from his job?
4. What does Ivan Ilych guess the doctor's prognosis is?
5. When Ivan Ilych gets home from the doctor, what does he do?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)