|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What affects do these medicines have on Ivan?
(a) They make him sleep most of the time.
(b) They make him delusional.
(c) They make him depressed.
(d) They relieve his pain.
2. How satisfied with his life is Ivan Ilych?
(a) Only a very small amount.
(b) Not at all.
3. What is the hardest thing for Ivan to bear?
(a) Not being able to eat his favorite foods.
(b) That others have to be involved in his excretions.
(c) The pain.
(d) Not being able to sleep much.
4. What does Ivan Ilych recognize in the doctor's professional air?
(a) Compassion and pity.
(b) His own attitude toward an accused person in court.
(c) Aloofness and indifference.
(d) Condescension and disdain.
5. What has Ivan Ilych used as an escape from reality?
(a) Decorating his house.
(b) Writing his memoirs.
(d) Trying to stop the marriage of his daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Ivan Ilych much distress?
2. How does Ivan Ilych's wife react to his worsening pain?
3. Why doesn't Ivan Ilych change his life?
4. How does the doctor respond when Ivan Ilych presses him for an answer to the seriousness of his symptoms?
5. In Chapter 6, is Ivan able to replace his thoughts of death?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)