|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What medicines are often given to Ivan?
(a) Penicillin and morphine.
(b) Opium and morphine.
(c) There is no medicine that can help Ivan.
(d) Penicillin and opium.
2. What galls Ivan Ilych to think?
(a) That he wasted so much time with his wife.
(b) That he won't have enough time to finish his memoirs.
(c) That he cannot stop his daughter from marrying the wrong man.
(d) That he will die over something so trivial.
3. Where did Ivan Ilych find a new job?
(a) In Petersburg.
(b) In the town he'd been living in all his life.
(c) In Moscow.
(d) In the town where his wife's brother lives.
4. How satisfied with his life is Ivan Ilych?
(a) Only a very small amount.
(c) Not at all.
5. Ivan Ilych knows he gave his life to what?
(a) Decorating his house.
(b) To getting that promotion that he knows he deserves.
(c) His family.
(d) The law.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ivan Ilych's wife tell him to do, after he gets back from the doctor?
2. After seeing himself in the mirror, what does Ivan Ilych finally admit to himself?
3. What does Ivan Ilych see as "doing his duty?"
4. What game does Ivan Ilych like to play?
5. How does Ivan Ilych deal with the revelation in Chapter 6?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)