|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What affects do these medicines have on Ivan?
(a) They make him sleep most of the time.
(b) They relieve his pain.
(c) They make him delusional.
(d) They make him depressed.
2. Ivan Ilych knows he gave his life to what?
(a) Decorating his house.
(b) The law.
(c) His family.
(d) To getting that promotion that he knows he deserves.
3. When Ivan Ilych discovers what makes his pain worse, how does he deal with it?
(a) Ivan becomes constantly on guard against anything that might distress him.
(b) He ignores things that might upset him.
(c) He increases his dosage of his medication.
(d) He cries.
4. What offends Ivan Ilych the most about being passed over for a promotion?
(a) The person promoted is less qualified for the job than he is.
(b) Ivan had been told he was going to get the promotion.
(c) Others seem to see his struggles as quite ordinary.
(d) Ivan didn't get an apology from his boss for not promoting him.
5. What does Ivan Ilych do the more he senses that his wife is bored all the time?
(a) He carves out a life independent from her.
(b) He takes her on vacation.
(c) He buys a home near the sea.
(d) He tries harder to make her happy.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Ivan Ilych play the game that he enjoys?
2. How does Ivan Ilych's wife react to his worsening pain?
3. Once settled, what makes Ivan Ilych irritable?
4. What does Ivan Ilych guess the doctor's prognosis is?
5. Where does Ivan Ilych take his family when he takes a leave of absence from his job?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)