|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does food become to Ivan?
(b) It all taste like iron because of the medication he takes.
(c) A distraction from the pain.
2. In Chapter 6, is Ivan able to replace his thoughts of death?
(a) Yes, it works brilliantly.
(b) Yes, but it takes time.
(c) No, not all the time.
(d) No, it doesn't work anymore.
3. In the beginning of Chapter 3, what is Ivan Ilych's professional title?
(a) Public Prosecutor.
(b) Civil Lawyer.
(c) District Attorney.
4. Why does Ivan Ilych think that his case might not be so serious after all?
(a) Because his wife can go out as usual.
(b) Because he is feeling better already.
(c) Because the doctor tells him not to worry.
(d) Because he reads about it in a medical book.
5. What has Ivan Ilych's ambitions resulted in?
(a) Increasing levels of power at work.
(b) Alienation of his children.
(c) Tension between he and his wife.
(d) Terrible headaches.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is this year the hardest year of Ivan Ilych?
2. Where does Ivan try to work?
3. What month of Ivan's illness begins Chapter 7?
4. Is Ivan Ilych successful in understanding this?
5. Why does Ivan Ilych try to replace thoughts of death?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)