|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ivan Ilych forced to do with his thoughts of death?
(a) Tell his wife about them.
(b) Cry over them incessantly.
(c) Ignore them.
(d) Sit there and face them.
2. What does Ivan Ilych guess the doctor's prognosis is?
(a) It is nothing to worry about.
(b) It is not as bad as he thought it was.
(c) Ivan doesn't guess at the doctor's prognosis.
(d) It is very bad.
3. What does Ivan Ilych's wife tell him to do, after he gets back from the doctor?
(a) Be quiet.
(b) Take his medicine.
(c) Go to his bed and rest.
(d) Tell her all about the doctor's visit.
4. When does Ivan Ilych believe his illness began?
(a) When he moved in with his brother-in-law.
(b) When he bought his new house.
(c) When he fell off the ladder and bruised his side.
(d) When he went back to work.
5. How bad are the affects of these medicines?
(a) They make him so sick he tries to avoid taking them.
(b) Not bad at all.
(c) Bad, but at least they relieve the pain.
(d) As bad as the pain that they are supposed to relieve.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does Ivan sleep?
2. Why is Ivan Ilych able to find a new home that will please both him and his wife?
3. How does Ivan Ilych's wife react to each child's loss?
4. Which character does Chapter 2 discuss?
5. How does Ivan Ilych's wife behave toward his illness?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)