|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ivan Ilych guess the doctor's prognosis is?
(a) It is very bad.
(b) Ivan doesn't guess at the doctor's prognosis.
(c) It is nothing to worry about.
(d) It is not as bad as he thought it was.
2. Where does Ivan Ilych take his family when he takes a leave of absence from his job?
(a) To the countryside.
(b) To his wife's brother's family.
(c) To America.
(d) To the seaside.
3. How does Ivan Ilych's view his life?
(a) As extraordinary.
(b) Exactly the way he hoped it would be.
(c) As most ordinary.
(d) As exciting.
4. When Ivan Ilych discovers what makes his pain worse, how does he deal with it?
(a) He increases his dosage of his medication.
(b) He cries.
(c) He ignores things that might upset him.
(d) Ivan becomes constantly on guard against anything that might distress him.
5. Which character does Chapter 2 discuss?
(a) Praskovya Fedorovna.
(b) Peter Ivanovich.
(d) Ivan Ilych.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ivan Ilych recognize in the doctor's professional air?
2. Ivan Ilych knows he gave his life to what?
3. Why are his wife and daughter anxious when Ivan Ilych arrives home?
4. Why does Ivan Ilych take his family there?
5. Where does Ivan try to work?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)