|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 6, is Ivan able to replace his thoughts of death?
(a) No, it doesn't work anymore.
(b) No, not all the time.
(c) Yes, but it takes time.
(d) Yes, it works brilliantly.
2. Which character does Chapter 2 discuss?
(b) Peter Ivanovich.
(c) Praskovya Fedorovna.
(d) Ivan Ilych.
3. How does Ivan Ilych's wife react to each child's loss?
(a) She pretends that the child isn't dead for months.
(b) She becomes more ill temperered.
(c) She wants to try for another child immediately.
(d) She decides to have no more children.
4. What major theme of the novel is introduced in Chapter 6?
(a) Leave the curtain the way it is.
(b) Working too hard can kill you.
(c) We die as we live.
(d) Without family we are nothing.
5. How do most people treat Ivan's dying?
(a) As a relief.
(b) As an imposition.
(c) As a tragedy.
(d) As an opportunity to show their love for him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the doctor focus on?
2. In the beginning of Chapter 3, what is Ivan Ilych's professional title?
3. How many of Ivan Ilych's children die?
4. What does Ivan Ilych think will solve his new problem?
5. Ivan Ilych knows he gave his life to what?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)