|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ivan Ilych's animosity toward his former colleagues vanish?
(a) One of his former colleagues asks for his daughter's hand in marriage.
(b) Ivan Ilych's new position places him two steps above them.
(c) He realizes he was being foolish.
(d) They give him the promotion when he returns from his leave of absence.
2. Where does Ivan Ilych take his family when he takes a leave of absence from his job?
(a) To the seaside.
(b) To America.
(c) To the countryside.
(d) To his wife's brother's family.
3. What does Ivan Ilych think will solve his new problem?
(a) To obtain a new job.
(b) Divorce his wife.
(c) Celebrate his love for his wife with a grand ball.
(d) Go to medical school.
4. Where did Ivan Ilych find a new job?
(a) In the town where his wife's brother lives.
(b) In Petersburg.
(c) In the town he'd been living in all his life.
(d) In Moscow.
5. How satisfied with his life is Ivan Ilych?
(a) Only a very small amount.
(d) Not at all.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much will Ivan Ilych's new job pay on moving expenses?
2. How bad are the affects of these medicines?
3. What does Ivan Ilych recognize in the doctor's professional air?
4. What year is it in the novel?
5. How much money does Ivan Ilych need to be paid?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)