|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 6, is Ivan able to replace his thoughts of death?
(a) Yes, it works brilliantly.
(b) No, not all the time.
(c) No, it doesn't work anymore.
(d) Yes, but it takes time.
2. What does the doctor focus on?
(a) Whether or not the doctor has met Ivan before.
(b) How many other patients are waiting to be seen.
(c) Whether the pain is coming from the appendix or the kidney.
(d) Whether or not Ivan can pay the bill.
3. When does Ivan Ilych believe his illness began?
(a) When he went back to work.
(b) When he moved in with his brother-in-law.
(c) When he fell off the ladder and bruised his side.
(d) When he bought his new house.
4. How does Ivan Ilych's relationship with his wife affect his work?
(a) He becomes close friends with the judge.
(b) He misses several days.
(c) He becomes more and more ambitious.
(d) He is unprepared for court.
5. How does the doctor respond when Ivan Ilych presses him for an answer to the seriousness of his symptoms?
(a) The doctor states that he has already told Ivan what he considers proper.
(b) The doctor tells Ivan that he has only weeks to live.
(c) The doctor tells Ivan that it isn't anything to worry about.
(d) The doctor tells Ivan he needs to do more tests.
Short Answer Questions
1. Is Ivan Ilych successful in understanding this?
2. What does Ivan Ilych try to understand?
3. Why does Ivan Ilych think that his case might not be so serious after all?
4. How does Ivan Ilych's view his life?
5. What offends Ivan Ilych the most about being passed over for a promotion?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)