|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Ivan Ilych much distress?
(a) Not being able to continue working at his new job.
(b) Being constantly on guard against anything that might distress him.
(c) His wife.
(d) The severe pain.
2. Is Ivan Ilych successful in understanding this?
(a) No, he cannot.
(b) Yes, most of the time.
(c) Yes, but it takes time to ponder.
(d) Yes, immediately.
3. How does Ivan Ilych's wife react to his worsening pain?
(a) She insists he see a doctor.
(b) She ignores him.
(c) She criticizes him for fixing the curtain.
(d) She chastises him for whining.
4. What does Ivan Ilych think will solve his new problem?
(a) Go to medical school.
(b) Celebrate his love for his wife with a grand ball.
(c) To obtain a new job.
(d) Divorce his wife.
5. In Chapter 6, is Ivan able to replace his thoughts of death?
(a) No, not all the time.
(b) Yes, it works brilliantly.
(c) No, it doesn't work anymore.
(d) Yes, but it takes time.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character is introduced in Chapter 7?
2. How does Ivan Ilych's wife behave toward his illness?
3. When does Ivan Ilych's pain worsen?
4. In the beginning of Chapter 3, what is Ivan Ilych's professional title?
5. Without the distraction of work, what happens to Ivan Ilych?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)