|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ivan Ilych's wife tell him to do, after he gets back from the doctor?
(a) Be quiet.
(b) Tell her all about the doctor's visit.
(c) Take his medicine.
(d) Go to his bed and rest.
2. How many children does Ivan Ilych and his wife have together?
3. How much will Ivan Ilych's new job pay on moving expenses?
(a) 5,000 rubles.
(b) 1,500 rubles.
(c) 3,500 rubles.
4. Why does Ivan Ilych take his family there?
(a) To hide from the law.
(b) For a vacation.
(c) For a visit.
(d) To save money.
5. Why is it ironic that Ivan resents that his death is trivial?
(a) Ivan isn't dying.
(b) His life has been trivial all along and that never bothered him.
(c) Ivan enjoys all the attention his illness is getting him.
(d) Ivan wouldn't die if he would just take his medicine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ivan Ilych forced to do with his thoughts of death?
2. Once settled, what makes Ivan Ilych irritable?
3. Ivan Ilych's chief concern is to what?
4. What month of Ivan's illness begins Chapter 7?
5. How does Ivan try to live?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)