|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ivan Ilych take his family there?
(a) For a vacation.
(b) For a visit.
(c) To hide from the law.
(d) To save money.
2. Who is Ivan Ilych's wife?
(b) Praskovya Fedorovna.
(d) Vladimir Ivanich.
3. How does Ivan Ilych respond when confronted with the symptoms of his illness?
(a) Ivan asks his daughter for help.
(b) Ivan begins to cry.
(c) Ivan tells his wife.
(d) Ivan asserts that they are all in good health.
4. Why does Ivan Ilych try to replace thoughts of death?
(a) He thinks he is being foolish.
(b) To protect himself.
(c) He thinks he can still get well.
(d) He is too busy to think about it.
5. What does the doctor focus on?
(a) Whether the pain is coming from the appendix or the kidney.
(b) How many other patients are waiting to be seen.
(c) Whether or not Ivan can pay the bill.
(d) Whether or not the doctor has met Ivan before.
Short Answer Questions
1. Is Ivan Ilych successful in understanding this?
2. How does the doctor respond when Ivan Ilych presses him for an answer to the seriousness of his symptoms?
3. What does Ivan Ilych guess the doctor's prognosis is?
4. Without the distraction of work, what happens to Ivan Ilych?
5. After seeing himself in the mirror, what does Ivan Ilych finally admit to himself?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)