|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Ivan Ilych take a leave of absence from his job?
(a) The day after he is not promoted.
(b) The summer of 1880.
(c) The following year.
(d) The summer of 1865.
2. What does Ivan ask of God?
(a) To be cured.
(b) To take care of his family when he is gone.
(c) To live as he used to - well and pleasantly.
(d) To explain why God is allowing him to be in such pain.
3. Why does Ivan Ilych's animosity toward his former colleagues vanish?
(a) He realizes he was being foolish.
(b) Ivan Ilych's new position places him two steps above them.
(c) One of his former colleagues asks for his daughter's hand in marriage.
(d) They give him the promotion when he returns from his leave of absence.
4. What does Ivan's wife want to do when she returns from the theater?
(a) Go to bed.
(b) Sit with Ivan.
(c) Have dinner.
(d) Have some wine.
5. When does Ivan recognize that his real life began to ebb?
(a) The more he has gone up in public opinion during his adult life.
(b) The moment he fell off the step ladder.
(c) When he married.
(d) When he failed to get the promotion at his old job.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ivan's wife tell him to do in Chapter 9?
2. Why does Ivan Ilych take his family there?
3. Even after Ivan Ilych realizes that he is going to die, what kinds of thoughts does he try to think about?
4. What offends Ivan Ilych the most about being passed over for a promotion?
5. What does Ivan Ilych consider the worst part of death?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)