|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Without the distraction of work, what happens to Ivan Ilych?
(a) He realizes how much he loves his wife.
(b) He falls in love with another woman.
(c) He falls into a profound depression.
(d) He discovers what is wrong with his life.
2. After seeing himself in the mirror, what does Ivan Ilych finally admit to himself?
(a) That he must write his memoirs before it's too late.
(b) That his daughter is marrying the wrong man.
(c) That he is dying.
(d) That his wife is truly beautiful.
3. Is Ivan Ilych successful in understanding this?
(a) Yes, most of the time.
(b) Yes, immediately.
(c) No, he cannot.
(d) Yes, but it takes time to ponder.
4. What does Ivan's wife tell him to do in Chapter 9?
(a) Go to sleep.
(b) Take some opium.
(c) Eat something.
(d) Open his window.
5. What offends Ivan Ilych the most about being passed over for a promotion?
(a) Ivan didn't get an apology from his boss for not promoting him.
(b) Ivan had been told he was going to get the promotion.
(c) Others seem to see his struggles as quite ordinary.
(d) The person promoted is less qualified for the job than he is.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is wrong with Ivan Ilych's current job?
2. What does Ivan Ilych consider the worst part of death?
3. Who seems to answer Ivan's questions?
4. When does Ivan Ilych take a leave of absence from his job?
5. How does Ivan try to live?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)