|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Ivan Ilych able to find a new home that will please both him and his wife?
(a) His wife realizes Ivan has to find a house for the family quickly.
(b) His wife will live anywhere so long as her family is with her.
(c) They have the same taste.
(d) His wife does what Ivan tells her to do.
2. Ivan Ilych knows he gave his life to what?
(a) To getting that promotion that he knows he deserves.
(b) Decorating his house.
(c) The law.
(d) His family.
3. Why is this year the hardest year of Ivan Ilych?
(a) His wife leaves him.
(b) He is passed over for promotion.
(c) His wife dies.
(d) His daughter is killed.
4. In the beginning of Chapter 3, what is Ivan Ilych's professional title?
(a) District Attorney.
(c) Civil Lawyer.
(d) Public Prosecutor.
5. When does Ivan Ilych believe his illness began?
(a) When he fell off the ladder and bruised his side.
(b) When he bought his new house.
(c) When he moved in with his brother-in-law.
(d) When he went back to work.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Ivan Ilych used as an escape from reality?
2. How do Ivan's drugs help his wife and doctors?
3. When does Ivan recognize that his real life began to ebb?
4. What is Ivan Ilych forced to do with his thoughts of death?
5. How long ago did Ivan Ilych start his career?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)