|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ivan ask of God?
(a) To be cured.
(b) To explain why God is allowing him to be in such pain.
(c) To take care of his family when he is gone.
(d) To live as he used to - well and pleasantly.
2. How long ago did Ivan Ilych start his career?
(a) So long ago he can't remember.
(b) 6 years ago.
(c) 20 years ago.
(d) 17 years ago.
3. What does Ivan's wife tell him to do in Chapter 9?
(a) Take some opium.
(b) Eat something.
(c) Go to sleep.
(d) Open his window.
4. How do Ivan's drugs help his wife and doctors?
(a) The drugs make it easier for him to sleep.
(b) The drugs only serve their convenience in keeping Ivan quiet.
(c) The drugs make them feel better because they ease his pain.
(d) The drugs make Ivan easier to be with.
5. Why does Ivan Ilych's animosity toward his former colleagues vanish?
(a) They give him the promotion when he returns from his leave of absence.
(b) He realizes he was being foolish.
(c) Ivan Ilych's new position places him two steps above them.
(d) One of his former colleagues asks for his daughter's hand in marriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Ivan Ilych able to find a new home that will please both him and his wife?
2. Who seems to answer Ivan's questions?
3. Why does Ivan Ilych take his family there?
4. What year is it in the novel?
5. Who does Ivan begin to question in Chapter 9?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)