|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ivan relieve his suffering that night in Chapter 9?
(a) He calls his son to his side.
(b) He listens to his daughter sing softly.
(c) He has a good cry.
(d) He takes more medicine than the doctor suggested.
2. Why does Ivan Ilych have difficulty working?
(a) Because he isn't as interested in it as he used to be.
(b) Because death intrudes his thoughts there, too.
(c) Because he's been away from work for too long.
(d) Because the pain is too great.
3. Why is this year the hardest year of Ivan Ilych?
(a) His wife dies.
(b) His wife leaves him.
(c) He is passed over for promotion.
(d) His daughter is killed.
4. Where does Ivan try to work?
(a) His study.
(b) The law courts.
(c) He doesn't try to work.
(d) The university nearby.
5. What does Ivan's wife want to do when she returns from the theater?
(a) Sit with Ivan.
(b) Have dinner.
(c) Go to bed.
(d) Have some wine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What offends Ivan Ilych the most about being passed over for a promotion?
2. What does Ivan ask of God?
3. What is wrong with Ivan Ilych's current job?
4. Who does Ivan begin to question in Chapter 9?
5. After seeing himself in the mirror, what does Ivan Ilych finally admit to himself?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)