|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Ivan begin to question in Chapter 9?
(b) His wife.
(c) The doctor.
2. What has Ivan Ilych used as an escape from reality?
(a) Decorating his house.
(b) Writing his memoirs.
(c) Trying to stop the marriage of his daughter.
3. What year is it in the novel?
4. Why does Ivan Ilych's animosity toward his former colleagues vanish?
(a) He realizes he was being foolish.
(b) Ivan Ilych's new position places him two steps above them.
(c) They give him the promotion when he returns from his leave of absence.
(d) One of his former colleagues asks for his daughter's hand in marriage.
5. What galls Ivan Ilych to think?
(a) That he will die over something so trivial.
(b) That he cannot stop his daughter from marrying the wrong man.
(c) That he wasted so much time with his wife.
(d) That he won't have enough time to finish his memoirs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ivan realize when he looks back at his life?
2. What offends Ivan Ilych the most about being passed over for a promotion?
3. Where does Ivan try to work?
4. Why does Ivan Ilych have difficulty working?
5. Who seems to answer Ivan's questions?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)