|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is it ironic that Ivan resents that his death is trivial?
(a) Ivan isn't dying.
(b) Ivan wouldn't die if he would just take his medicine.
(c) Ivan enjoys all the attention his illness is getting him.
(d) His life has been trivial all along and that never bothered him.
2. What characters are mentioned in Chapter 9?
(a) Ivan's wife, Ivan, and Ivan's daughter.
(b) Ivan's wife and Ivan.
(c) Ivan's wife, Ivan, and Ivan's son.
(d) Ivan's wife, Ivan, and God.
3. Is Ivan Ilych successful in understanding this?
(a) Yes, most of the time.
(b) Yes, immediately.
(c) No, he cannot.
(d) Yes, but it takes time to ponder.
4. How do Ivan's drugs help his wife and doctors?
(a) The drugs only serve their convenience in keeping Ivan quiet.
(b) The drugs make them feel better because they ease his pain.
(c) The drugs make it easier for him to sleep.
(d) The drugs make Ivan easier to be with.
5. Even after Ivan Ilych realizes that he is going to die, what kinds of thoughts does he try to think about?
(a) How he can spend more time at the office.
(b) What he needs to do to become healthy again.
(c) Thoughts that he considers more proper and healthy.
(d) How he can stop his daughter's marriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. After seeing himself in the mirror, what does Ivan Ilych finally admit to himself?
2. What happens to Ivan Ilych one day as he is adjusting a curtain?
3. Once settled, what makes Ivan Ilych irritable?
4. What does Ivan's wife tell him to do in Chapter 9?
5. What does Ivan's wife want to do when she returns from the theater?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)