|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long ago did Ivan Ilych start his career?
(a) 20 years ago.
(b) 6 years ago.
(c) 17 years ago.
(d) So long ago he can't remember.
2. How does Ivan react to what his wife wants to do when she returns from the theater?
(a) He asks her to tell him all about the concert.
(b) He sends her away.
(c) He welcomes her company.
(d) He pretends to be asleep.
3. How does Ivan try to live?
(a) Carefully, so as not to make his condition worse.
(b) As he lived before he was dying.
(d) With love in his heart toward all.
4. Why does Ivan Ilych try to replace thoughts of death?
(a) He is too busy to think about it.
(b) To protect himself.
(c) He thinks he can still get well.
(d) He thinks he is being foolish.
5. Who does Ivan begin to question in Chapter 9?
(b) The doctor.
(d) His wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What adds to Ivan's suffering?
2. Without the distraction of work, what happens to Ivan Ilych?
3. What characters are mentioned in Chapter 9?
4. When does Ivan recognize that his real life began to ebb?
5. Why is this year the hardest year of Ivan Ilych?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)