|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ivan Ilych try to understand?
(a) That he is dying.
(b) How he could not have noticed his wife's beauty sooner.
(c) How his daughter could have accepted such a man's proposal of marriage.
(d) How to arrange his life's work in his memoirs.
2. Once settled, what makes Ivan Ilych irritable?
(a) His wife.
(b) His children.
(c) The family's new dog.
(d) Every new stain or imperfection.
3. What does Ivan's wife want to do when she returns from the theater?
(a) Have some wine.
(b) Sit with Ivan.
(c) Have dinner.
(d) Go to bed.
4. When does Ivan recognize that his real life began to ebb?
(a) The moment he fell off the step ladder.
(b) The more he has gone up in public opinion during his adult life.
(c) When he married.
(d) When he failed to get the promotion at his old job.
5. Ivan Ilych knows he gave his life to what?
(a) To getting that promotion that he knows he deserves.
(b) Decorating his house.
(c) His family.
(d) The law.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Ivan Ilych one day as he is adjusting a curtain?
2. Who seems to answer Ivan's questions?
3. What has Ivan Ilych used as an escape from reality?
4. Why does Ivan Ilych's animosity toward his former colleagues vanish?
5. What does Ivan's wife tell him to do in Chapter 9?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)