|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Even after Ivan Ilych realizes that he is going to die, what kinds of thoughts does he try to think about?
(a) How he can stop his daughter's marriage.
(b) How he can spend more time at the office.
(c) Thoughts that he considers more proper and healthy.
(d) What he needs to do to become healthy again.
2. How does Ivan Ilych deal with the revelation in Chapter 6?
(a) He despairs continuously.
(b) He starts finds a suitable book in which to write his memoirs.
(c) He plans to stop his daughter's marriage.
(d) He spends more times with his wife.
3. In Chapter 6, is Ivan able to replace his thoughts of death?
(a) Yes, but it takes time.
(b) No, it doesn't work anymore.
(c) Yes, it works brilliantly.
(d) No, not all the time.
4. Why does Ivan Ilych's animosity toward his former colleagues vanish?
(a) One of his former colleagues asks for his daughter's hand in marriage.
(b) He realizes he was being foolish.
(c) Ivan Ilych's new position places him two steps above them.
(d) They give him the promotion when he returns from his leave of absence.
5. Where does Ivan try to work?
(a) His study.
(b) The law courts.
(c) He doesn't try to work.
(d) The university nearby.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is this year the hardest year of Ivan Ilych?
2. Where did Ivan Ilych find a new job?
3. Once settled, what makes Ivan Ilych irritable?
4. When does Ivan recognize that his real life began to ebb?
5. Who seems to answer Ivan's questions?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)