|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Ivan try to work?
(a) He doesn't try to work.
(b) The university nearby.
(c) The law courts.
(d) His study.
2. Why is Ivan Ilych able to find a new home that will please both him and his wife?
(a) His wife realizes Ivan has to find a house for the family quickly.
(b) His wife does what Ivan tells her to do.
(c) His wife will live anywhere so long as her family is with her.
(d) They have the same taste.
3. In the beginning of Chapter 3, what is Ivan Ilych's professional title?
(a) Public Prosecutor.
(b) Civil Lawyer.
(d) District Attorney.
4. What is wrong with Ivan Ilych's current job?
(a) The workload is too heavy.
(b) There's not enough to do.
(c) It's boring.
(d) The money isn't enough to keep up with his standard of living.
5. Who does Ivan begin to question in Chapter 9?
(b) The doctor.
(c) His wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Without the distraction of work, what happens to Ivan Ilych?
2. What major theme of the novel is introduced in Chapter 6?
3. What adds to Ivan's suffering?
4. What happens to Ivan Ilych one day as he is adjusting a curtain?
5. How do Ivan's drugs help his wife and doctors?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)