|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Ivan Ilych find a new job?
(a) In the town where his wife's brother lives.
(b) In Moscow.
(c) In the town he'd been living in all his life.
(d) In Petersburg.
2. What characters are mentioned in Chapter 9?
(a) Ivan's wife, Ivan, and Ivan's daughter.
(b) Ivan's wife and Ivan.
(c) Ivan's wife, Ivan, and Ivan's son.
(d) Ivan's wife, Ivan, and God.
3. What does Ivan Ilych think will solve his new problem?
(a) Go to medical school.
(b) Celebrate his love for his wife with a grand ball.
(c) Divorce his wife.
(d) To obtain a new job.
4. Why is Ivan Ilych able to find a new home that will please both him and his wife?
(a) They have the same taste.
(b) His wife realizes Ivan has to find a house for the family quickly.
(c) His wife does what Ivan tells her to do.
(d) His wife will live anywhere so long as her family is with her.
5. What adds to Ivan's suffering?
(a) He is torn between cooperating and resisting.
(b) The thought that he is dying.
(c) HIs wife's constant babbling about the house.
(d) The many tests that the doctor's insist on performing each day.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ivan Ilych knows he gave his life to what?
2. How do Ivan's drugs help his wife and doctors?
3. How much will Ivan Ilych's new job pay on moving expenses?
4. After seeing himself in the mirror, what does Ivan Ilych finally admit to himself?
5. Why does Ivan Ilych have difficulty working?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)