|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is wrong with Ivan Ilych's current job?
(a) The workload is too heavy.
(b) The money isn't enough to keep up with his standard of living.
(c) There's not enough to do.
(d) It's boring.
2. What does Ivan Ilych think will solve his new problem?
(a) Celebrate his love for his wife with a grand ball.
(b) Divorce his wife.
(c) Go to medical school.
(d) To obtain a new job.
3. How does Ivan relieve his suffering that night in Chapter 9?
(a) He calls his son to his side.
(b) He takes more medicine than the doctor suggested.
(c) He listens to his daughter sing softly.
(d) He has a good cry.
4. In the beginning of Chapter 3, what is Ivan Ilych's professional title?
(b) District Attorney.
(c) Public Prosecutor.
(d) Civil Lawyer.
5. How does Ivan Ilych deal with the revelation in Chapter 6?
(a) He plans to stop his daughter's marriage.
(b) He starts finds a suitable book in which to write his memoirs.
(c) He spends more times with his wife.
(d) He despairs continuously.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Ivan's drugs help his wife and doctors?
2. Without the distraction of work, what happens to Ivan Ilych?
3. What offends Ivan Ilych the most about being passed over for a promotion?
4. How much money does Ivan Ilych need to be paid?
5. How does Ivan try to live?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)