|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Ivan recognize that his real life began to ebb?
(a) The more he has gone up in public opinion during his adult life.
(b) When he failed to get the promotion at his old job.
(c) When he married.
(d) The moment he fell off the step ladder.
2. Why is it ironic that Ivan resents that his death is trivial?
(a) Ivan wouldn't die if he would just take his medicine.
(b) Ivan enjoys all the attention his illness is getting him.
(c) His life has been trivial all along and that never bothered him.
(d) Ivan isn't dying.
3. How much will Ivan Ilych's new job pay on moving expenses?
(a) 5,000 rubles.
(b) 3,500 rubles.
(c) 1,500 rubles.
4. What year is it in the novel?
5. What has Ivan Ilych used as an escape from reality?
(a) Writing his memoirs.
(b) Trying to stop the marriage of his daughter.
(c) Decorating his house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ivan Ilych's animosity toward his former colleagues vanish?
2. Without the distraction of work, what happens to Ivan Ilych?
3. What characters are mentioned in Chapter 9?
4. Why does Ivan Ilych take his family there?
5. What does Ivan ask of God?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)