|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ivan realize when he looks back at his life?
(a) That he loves the life he has created with his family.
(b) That there is nothing that the doctors can do for him.
(c) That he really doesn't want to die.
(d) That the only real and honest pleasures were in his childhood.
2. What does Ivan Ilych consider the worst part of death?
(a) That it will take him away from his family.
(b) That he will never see his new house fully decorated.
(c) The unbearable pain.
(d) It allows him no action to take.
3. After seeing himself in the mirror, what does Ivan Ilych finally admit to himself?
(a) That his wife is truly beautiful.
(b) That he is dying.
(c) That his daughter is marrying the wrong man.
(d) That he must write his memoirs before it's too late.
4. Where did Ivan Ilych find a new job?
(a) In the town he'd been living in all his life.
(b) In Moscow.
(c) In the town where his wife's brother lives.
(d) In Petersburg.
5. What offends Ivan Ilych the most about being passed over for a promotion?
(a) Others seem to see his struggles as quite ordinary.
(b) Ivan didn't get an apology from his boss for not promoting him.
(c) Ivan had been told he was going to get the promotion.
(d) The person promoted is less qualified for the job than he is.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the beginning of Chapter 3, what is Ivan Ilych's professional title?
2. How does Ivan try to live?
3. Is Ivan Ilych successful in understanding this?
4. How does Ivan Ilych deal with the revelation in Chapter 6?
5. When does Ivan Ilych take a leave of absence from his job?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)