|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Without the distraction of work, what happens to Ivan Ilych?
(a) He discovers what is wrong with his life.
(b) He falls in love with another woman.
(c) He falls into a profound depression.
(d) He realizes how much he loves his wife.
2. Why does Ivan Ilych try to replace thoughts of death?
(a) He thinks he is being foolish.
(b) He is too busy to think about it.
(c) To protect himself.
(d) He thinks he can still get well.
3. How much will Ivan Ilych's new job pay on moving expenses?
(a) 1,500 rubles.
(c) 5,000 rubles.
(d) 3,500 rubles.
4. In the beginning of Chapter 3, what is Ivan Ilych's professional title?
(a) Public Prosecutor.
(b) Civil Lawyer.
(c) District Attorney.
5. What is wrong with Ivan Ilych's current job?
(a) It's boring.
(b) There's not enough to do.
(c) The money isn't enough to keep up with his standard of living.
(d) The workload is too heavy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is this year the hardest year of Ivan Ilych?
2. What does Ivan Ilych try to understand?
3. What does Ivan ask of God?
4. When does Ivan Ilych believe his illness began?
5. Where does Ivan try to work?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)