|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ivan Ilych take his family there?
(a) For a visit.
(b) For a vacation.
(c) To hide from the law.
(d) To save money.
2. What is wrong with Ivan Ilych's current job?
(a) It's boring.
(b) There's not enough to do.
(c) The workload is too heavy.
(d) The money isn't enough to keep up with his standard of living.
3. Why is Ivan Ilych able to find a new home that will please both him and his wife?
(a) His wife does what Ivan tells her to do.
(b) They have the same taste.
(c) His wife will live anywhere so long as her family is with her.
(d) His wife realizes Ivan has to find a house for the family quickly.
4. Once settled, what makes Ivan Ilych irritable?
(a) His children.
(b) The family's new dog.
(c) His wife.
(d) Every new stain or imperfection.
5. What does Ivan realize when he looks back at his life?
(a) That the only real and honest pleasures were in his childhood.
(b) That there is nothing that the doctors can do for him.
(c) That he loves the life he has created with his family.
(d) That he really doesn't want to die.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ivan Ilych consider the worst part of death?
2. After seeing himself in the mirror, what does Ivan Ilych finally admit to himself?
3. Where did Ivan Ilych find a new job?
4. Why does Ivan Ilych's animosity toward his former colleagues vanish?
5. What does Ivan's wife want to do when she returns from the theater?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)