|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Ivan recognize that his real life began to ebb?
(a) The more he has gone up in public opinion during his adult life.
(b) The moment he fell off the step ladder.
(c) When he married.
(d) When he failed to get the promotion at his old job.
2. How does Ivan try to live?
(a) Carefully, so as not to make his condition worse.
(c) As he lived before he was dying.
(d) With love in his heart toward all.
3. Why does Ivan Ilych take his family there?
(a) For a vacation.
(b) To save money.
(c) To hide from the law.
(d) For a visit.
4. What does Ivan Ilych think will solve his new problem?
(a) Divorce his wife.
(b) To obtain a new job.
(c) Celebrate his love for his wife with a grand ball.
(d) Go to medical school.
5. What does Ivan ask of God?
(a) To be cured.
(b) To live as he used to - well and pleasantly.
(c) To take care of his family when he is gone.
(d) To explain why God is allowing him to be in such pain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ivan Ilych consider the worst part of death?
2. Without the distraction of work, what happens to Ivan Ilych?
3. After seeing himself in the mirror, what does Ivan Ilych finally admit to himself?
4. When does Ivan Ilych take a leave of absence from his job?
5. Why does Ivan Ilych have difficulty working?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)