|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ivan's wife tell him to do in Chapter 9?
(a) Eat something.
(b) Go to sleep.
(c) Open his window.
(d) Take some opium.
2. How does Ivan relieve his suffering that night in Chapter 9?
(a) He listens to his daughter sing softly.
(b) He calls his son to his side.
(c) He takes more medicine than the doctor suggested.
(d) He has a good cry.
3. After seeing himself in the mirror, what does Ivan Ilych finally admit to himself?
(a) That his wife is truly beautiful.
(b) That he must write his memoirs before it's too late.
(c) That his daughter is marrying the wrong man.
(d) That he is dying.
4. How does Ivan try to live?
(b) As he lived before he was dying.
(c) With love in his heart toward all.
(d) Carefully, so as not to make his condition worse.
5. How does Ivan react to what his wife wants to do when she returns from the theater?
(a) He pretends to be asleep.
(b) He sends her away.
(c) He asks her to tell him all about the concert.
(d) He welcomes her company.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Ivan Ilych used as an escape from reality?
2. What adds to Ivan's suffering?
3. Ivan Ilych knows he gave his life to what?
4. What major theme of the novel is introduced in Chapter 6?
5. What does Ivan Ilych try to understand?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)