|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ivan realize when he looks back at his life?
(a) That he loves the life he has created with his family.
(b) That there is nothing that the doctors can do for him.
(c) That he really doesn't want to die.
(d) That the only real and honest pleasures were in his childhood.
2. How long ago did Ivan Ilych start his career?
(a) 20 years ago.
(b) So long ago he can't remember.
(c) 17 years ago.
(d) 6 years ago.
3. Where does Ivan Ilych take his family when he takes a leave of absence from his job?
(a) To the countryside.
(b) To his wife's brother's family.
(c) To America.
(d) To the seaside.
4. What does Ivan Ilych think will solve his new problem?
(a) Celebrate his love for his wife with a grand ball.
(b) Divorce his wife.
(c) To obtain a new job.
(d) Go to medical school.
5. Why does Ivan Ilych take his family there?
(a) To hide from the law.
(b) To save money.
(c) For a visit.
(d) For a vacation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ivan Ilych knows he gave his life to what?
2. What is Ivan Ilych forced to do with his thoughts of death?
3. Why is this year the hardest year of Ivan Ilych?
4. In the beginning of Chapter 3, what is Ivan Ilych's professional title?
5. What is wrong with Ivan Ilych's current job?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)