|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ivan try to live?
(a) As he lived before he was dying.
(c) With love in his heart toward all.
(d) Carefully, so as not to make his condition worse.
2. What does Ivan Ilych consider the worst part of death?
(a) It allows him no action to take.
(b) That he will never see his new house fully decorated.
(c) The unbearable pain.
(d) That it will take him away from his family.
3. What does Ivan ask of God?
(a) To take care of his family when he is gone.
(b) To explain why God is allowing him to be in such pain.
(c) To be cured.
(d) To live as he used to - well and pleasantly.
4. What happens to Ivan Ilych one day as he is adjusting a curtain?
(a) Ivan falls and breaks his leg.
(b) Ivan slips on a stepladder and receives a nasty bruise on his side.
(c) Ivan falls and rips the curtain.
(d) Ivan falls on his wife.
5. What is wrong with Ivan Ilych's current job?
(a) The money isn't enough to keep up with his standard of living.
(b) The workload is too heavy.
(c) It's boring.
(d) There's not enough to do.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Ivan Ilych find a new job?
2. What galls Ivan Ilych to think?
3. How much will Ivan Ilych's new job pay on moving expenses?
4. In Chapter 6, is Ivan able to replace his thoughts of death?
5. Without the distraction of work, what happens to Ivan Ilych?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)