|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money does Ivan Ilych need to be paid?
(a) No less than 10,000 rubles.
(b) Enough to buy a summer house.
(c) Enough to afford to send his son to medical school.
(d) At least 5,000 rubles.
2. How do Ivan's drugs help his wife and doctors?
(a) The drugs make them feel better because they ease his pain.
(b) The drugs make Ivan easier to be with.
(c) The drugs only serve their convenience in keeping Ivan quiet.
(d) The drugs make it easier for him to sleep.
3. What year is it in the novel?
4. When does Ivan recognize that his real life began to ebb?
(a) When he failed to get the promotion at his old job.
(b) The more he has gone up in public opinion during his adult life.
(c) When he married.
(d) The moment he fell off the step ladder.
5. Even after Ivan Ilych realizes that he is going to die, what kinds of thoughts does he try to think about?
(a) What he needs to do to become healthy again.
(b) Thoughts that he considers more proper and healthy.
(c) How he can stop his daughter's marriage.
(d) How he can spend more time at the office.
Short Answer Questions
1. Is Ivan Ilych successful in understanding this?
2. What galls Ivan Ilych to think?
3. What does Ivan Ilych try to understand?
4. What has Ivan Ilych used as an escape from reality?
5. What does Ivan ask of God?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)