|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Ivan try to work?
(a) The university nearby.
(b) His study.
(c) He doesn't try to work.
(d) The law courts.
2. Once settled, what makes Ivan Ilych irritable?
(a) His children.
(b) His wife.
(c) The family's new dog.
(d) Every new stain or imperfection.
3. When does Ivan Ilych believe his illness began?
(a) When he fell off the ladder and bruised his side.
(b) When he went back to work.
(c) When he moved in with his brother-in-law.
(d) When he bought his new house.
4. What does Ivan Ilych think will solve his new problem?
(a) Divorce his wife.
(b) Celebrate his love for his wife with a grand ball.
(c) To obtain a new job.
(d) Go to medical school.
5. Even after Ivan Ilych realizes that he is going to die, what kinds of thoughts does he try to think about?
(a) Thoughts that he considers more proper and healthy.
(b) How he can spend more time at the office.
(c) What he needs to do to become healthy again.
(d) How he can stop his daughter's marriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Ivan Ilych one day as he is adjusting a curtain?
2. What adds to Ivan's suffering?
3. Why is Ivan Ilych able to find a new home that will please both him and his wife?
4. Why does Ivan Ilych try to replace thoughts of death?
5. In Chapter 6, is Ivan able to replace his thoughts of death?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)