One Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much will Ivan Ilych's new job pay on moving expenses?
(a) 3,500 rubles.
(b) 5,000 rubles.
(c) 1,500 rubles.
2. What offends Ivan Ilych the most about being passed over for a promotion?
(a) Others seem to see his struggles as quite ordinary.
(b) Ivan didn't get an apology from his boss for not promoting him.
(c) The person promoted is less qualified for the job than he is.
(d) Ivan had been told he was going to get the promotion.
3. How does Ivan Ilych deal with the revelation in Chapter 6?
(a) He despairs continuously.
(b) He plans to stop his daughter's marriage.
(c) He spends more times with his wife.
(d) He starts finds a suitable book in which to write his memoirs.
4. When does Ivan Ilych believe his illness began?
(a) When he went back to work.
(b) When he fell off the ladder and bruised his side.
(c) When he moved in with his brother-in-law.
(d) When he bought his new house.
5. Is Ivan Ilych successful in understanding this?
(a) Yes, but it takes time to ponder.
(b) Yes, most of the time.
(c) No, he cannot.
(d) Yes, immediately.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is it ironic that Ivan resents that his death is trivial?
2. In Chapter 6, is Ivan able to replace his thoughts of death?
3. What does Ivan ask of God?
4. What does Ivan realize when he looks back at his life?
5. What does Ivan Ilych consider the worst part of death?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)