|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Portia comes home early, whom does she find having tea with Anna?
(c) Major Brutt.
(d) Robert Pidgeon.
2. How many letters does Portia receive in her first week at Waikiki?
3. Why does Eddie tell Portia to go away in chapter 7?
(a) He doesn't want to hurt her.
(b) He wants to be alone for a while.
(c) His feelings for her are stronger than the ones she has for him.
(d) He feels smothered, because he doesn't feel for her what she feels for him.
4. With whom does Portia begin to develop a friendship in chapter 8?
(b) Robert Pidgeon.
5. Why does Eddie call Anna at the beginning of chapter 3?
(a) To speak with Thomas.
(b) To confess his suppressed love for her.
(c) To admonish her for reading Portia's diary.
(d) To ask her for advice.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Portia almost hit by a car on her walk with Thomas?
2. Who comes to visit Portia in chapter 8?
3. Portia writes in her diary that she has learned what from Eddie?
4. Where is Portia during Anna's lunch with Major Brutt and the Peppinghams?
5. Who begins to cry on the balcony?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)