|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes to visit Portia in chapter 8?
2. Which room does Portia think Eddie might stay in if he came to visit her at Waikiki?
(a) She won't consider having him visit; it would be improper.
(b) Dickie's room.
(c) Portia's room.
(d) A small one, filled with cardboard boxes.
3. What does Portia tell Major Brutt about Thomas and Anna?
(a) That they make fun of him behind his back.
(b) That they have forbidden her to return home.
(c) That they are cruel to her and don't want her to live with them anymore.
(d) That Anna and Eddie are lovers, and Thomas doesn't know.
4. Whose feelings did Portia hurt by not spending enough time with them?
5. How does Eddie respond to Portia's accusation that he and Anna are lovers?
(a) Even if he wanted to, Anna is not that passionate.
(b) Even if Anna wanted to, Eddie would not betray Portia.
(c) He is not, nor has he ever been, attracted to Anna.
(d) Even if he wanted to, Anna would not betray Thomas.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who else noticed a change in Portia, besides Matchett?
2. Who comes to dinner at the end of chapter 6?
3. Why does Eddie go back to London on Sunday night?
4. What does Anna say in her letter to Eddie?
5. According to Eddie, why is their fight all Portia's fault?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)