|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Heccomb think of Eddie?
(a) She thinks that he is just a friend of Portia's.
(b) She thinks that he is a friend of Matchett's, coming to check up on Portia.
(c) She thinks that he is Portia's boyfriend.
(d) She thinks he is a friend of the Quaynes' who is just coming to check up on Portia.
2. Why does Eddie tell Portia to go away in chapter 7?
(a) He wants to be alone for a while.
(b) He doesn't want to hurt her.
(c) His feelings for her are stronger than the ones she has for him.
(d) He feels smothered, because he doesn't feel for her what she feels for him.
3. With whom does Portia begin to develop a friendship in chapter 8?
(d) Robert Pidgeon.
4. Which room does Portia think Eddie might stay in if he came to visit her at Waikiki?
(a) A small one, filled with cardboard boxes.
(b) Dickie's room.
(c) Portia's room.
(d) She won't consider having him visit; it would be improper.
5. What does Eddie finally admit to Portia in part 3, chapter 4?
(a) That he cheated on her with Daphne.
(b) That Anna wanted him to make Portia suspicious.
(c) That he is married.
(d) That he would be happier without her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mr. Parker?
2. What does Portia tell Major Brutt about Thomas and Anna?
3. Why does Major Brutt want to take Portia home?
4. How did St. Quentin's words about trust and honor make Portia feel?
5. What does St. Quentin tell Portia during their walk to Mandeville Place?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)