|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What advice does Daphne give Portia regarding Eddie?
(a) To give him everything she has, and hope he doesn't break her heart.
(b) To try to get him to stop drinking so much.
(c) Not to trust him, because it is obvious that he is simply leading Portia on.
(d) To date him if she wants, but to date other men as well.
2. What does St. Quentin tell Portia during their walk to Mandeville Place?
(a) That she should not associate herself with people like the Quaynes.
(b) That he is in love with Anna.
(c) That Anna dislikes Portia intensely, and wishes she were gone.
(d) That Portia should find a new place to keep her diary.
3. What did Mr. Bursely call Portia?
(a) A sweet little kid.
(b) A prize for the eyes.
(c) A wonderful future wife.
(d) A charming little woman.
4. When Portia comes home early, whom does she find having tea with Anna?
(c) Robert Pidgeon.
(d) Major Brutt.
5. Whose lighter is used at the movie theatre?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Portia tell Major Brutt about Thomas and Anna?
2. What does Anna suddenly want to do with her letters from Robert Pidgeon?
3. What is the reason Portia gives Lilian for why she is going to confront Eddie in chapter 3?
4. With whom is Eddie holding hands at the movie theatre?
5. Who comes to dinner at the end of chapter 6?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)