|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Lilian at Portia's school?
(a) She fell in love with a male teacher at her former school.
(b) She fell in love with a female teacher at her former school.
(c) Her parents moved from Spain and it is the only school in the area.
(d) She is gifted and needs an accelerated course schedule.
2. What does Matchett find when she tries to fluff Portia's pillow?
(a) Portia's letter to Major Brutt.
(b) Portia's diary.
(c) Anna's necklace that Portia stole.
(d) Eddie's letter to Portia.
3. How did Major Brutt get to know Robert Pidgeon?
(a) Robert and Major Brutt are related.
(b) Robert worked for Major Brutt.
(c) They were wounded and on leave together.
(d) Major Brutt worked for Robert.
4. What relationship exists between Mrs. Heccomb and Daphne?
(a) Governess and charge.
(b) Aunt and niece.
(c) Stepmother and stepdaughter.
(d) Mother and daughter.
5. Where did Mr. Quayne meet Irene?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who had Portia's diary for nine days?
2. What type of attraction does Eddie deny exists between himself and Portia?
3. What does Anna want Major Brutt to tell Robert Pidgeon?
4. What is Anna upset with Portia about in part 1, chapter 2?
5. What do Portia and her friend take a path through to get to school?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Major Brutt respond when Portia asks him if he would marry her?
2. Portia tells Lilian she wants to confront Eddie about what?
3. What is the conversation that Portia has with Thomas in chapter 9?
4. What happens when Anna and Thomas come home from their trip?
5. What is contained in the letter Anna writes to Eddie?
6. What attracted Thomas most to Anna?
7. What is Miss Paullie's school like?
8. What did Eddie do to Anna, after knowing her for several weeks, that upset her?
9. How does Major Brutt feel about Anna and Thomas's marriage?
10. Why did Anna and Thomas decide not to have any children?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)