|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the problem with Anna, according to Eddie?
(a) She is not very intelligent, but she believes she is.
(b) She likes nothing better than to make a joke of another person.
(c) She is nosy, and always trying to get involved in others' affairs.
(d) She thinks she is better than everyone around her is.
2. What is Portia doing, instead of listening to her teacher?
(a) Passing notes with a friend.
(b) Reading a letter.
(d) Reading a book.
3. What does Thomas think the visitor might want?
(a) To see Anna.
(c) A job.
(d) To see Portia.
4. Who stops by the Quaynes' home at the beginning of part 1, chapter 7?
(b) Major Brutt.
(c) Mrs. Quayne.
(d) Robert Pidgeon.
5. Who runs the school Portia attends?
(a) Mrs. Heccomb.
(b) Miss Peach.
(c) Miss Paullie.
(d) Mrs. Patterson.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Portia respond to Matchett's opinion about Mrs. Quayne sending Mr. Quayne away?
2. What does Major Brutt think of Anna's relationship with Portia?
3. Who are the first characters introduced in the novel?
4. What did Mrs. Quayne do when she received the news that Portia had been born?
5. What advice does Matchett give Portia about Eddie?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)