|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Because Angela's unanswered letters make her feel like she is writing to no one:
2. The twins attribute their health problems to:
3. The fact that the narrator does not remember rain on the day of the murder suggests:
4. The juxtaposition of Santiago's massacred body and his elaborate coffin suggests:
5. Santiago Nasar insists on returning home for an hour so that:
Essay Topic 1
Women in "Chronicle of a Death Foretold" seem to have limited power. Consider the situations in which women exercise power in the novel, and write an essay in which you identify a possible theme the author communicates through women in positions of power.
Essay Topic 2
Leonard F. Peltier said, "Innocence is the weakest defense. Innocence has a single voice that can only say over and over again, "I didn't do it." Guilt has a thousand voices, all of them lies." Write an essay in which you defend, refute, or qualify Peltier's statement in relation to Garcia Marquez' novel.
Essay Topic 3
The women of Santiago Nasar's town are mothers, daughters, sisters, wives, shopkeepers, nuns, whores, and spinsters. Write an essay examining any characteristics female characters share in the novel, and identify the author's message about women developed through these characteristics.
This section contains 963 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)