|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pedro Vicario's guilt manifests itself in what way?
2. The author differentiates between his sisters by calling them:
3. Though Bayardo has aged in many ways, Angela says she sees him:
4. Ironically, the matriarch of the Arab community was responsible for:
5. Luis Enrique is unable to tell his family what he saw at the milk shop because:
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Consider the author's treatment of religious figures and symbols in the text. What is revealed about the author's attitude toward religion or religious belief through the actions and situations evident in the novel?
Essay Topic 2
The setting of the novel is often described merely as "Caribbean." What connotations or associations with the word "Caribbean" might readers have that affect their understanding of the novels events? How does the author use these connotations to explain, justify, or clarify the events and themes of the novel?
Essay Topic 3
The women of Santiago Nasar's town are mothers, daughters, sisters, wives, shopkeepers, nuns, whores, and spinsters. Write an essay examining any characteristics female characters share in the novel, and identify the author's message about women developed through these characteristics.
This section contains 971 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)