|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator's recounting of Colonel Lazaro Aponte's mundane morning details reveals:
2. Santiago Nasar insists on returning home for an hour so that:
3. The court that tries the Vicario twins decides:
4. The narrator is lured away from his friends by Maria Alejandrina Cervantes, who is described as:
5. The priest laments that a brilliant future was cut short for Santiago because:
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Consider the author's treatment of religious figures and symbols in the text. What is revealed about the author's attitude toward religion or religious belief through the actions and situations evident in the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Consider the magistrate's note, "Give me a prejudice and I will move the world." Write an essay in which you connect the statement to the events of the novel, identifying the prejudices that motivate the characters and contribute to the themes of the novel.
Essay Topic 3
The last line of any piece of writing can deliver or reinforce a powerful message. In the first three chapters, the author uses the last line to name Santiago Nasar and seal his fate as dead or destined to die. What message or purpose does repeating this idea serve?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)