Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Another contrast of values apparent in the chapter is:
2. Angela Vicario decides to write Bayardo San Roman after:
3. The narrator suspects that the San Roman family's excessive show of grief:
4. One of the stab wounds in Santiago's hands is described as resembling the stigmata of Christ, which suggests:
5. Ironically, the matriarch of the Arab community was responsible for:
Essay Topic 1
Many dreams are described in detail in the novel. Freud said, "Unless the content of the dream rightly understood is inspired by alien spirits, it is part of [one's] own being." In an essay, connect Freud's belief to the author's use of dreams in the novel. Consider how the character's dreams reveal part of each character's being, and what is being revealed.
Essay Topic 2
The last line of any piece of writing can deliver or reinforce a powerful message. In the first three chapters, the author uses the last line to name Santiago Nasar and seal his fate as dead or destined to die. What message or purpose does repeating this idea serve?
Essay Topic 3
Consider the title of the novel. What is important about the foretelling of Santiago Nasar's death? What is the theme of Garcia Marquez' novel, and how do the many acts of foretelling contribute to this theme?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)