Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Another contrast of values apparent in the chapter is:
2. Angela Vicario decides to write Bayardo San Roman after:
3. The narrator suspects that the San Roman family's excessive show of grief:
4. One of the stab wounds in Santiago's hands is described as resembling the stigmata of Christ, which suggests:
5. Ironically, the matriarch of the Arab community was responsible for:
The setting of the novel is often described merely as "Caribbean." What connotations or associations with the word "Caribbean" might readers have that affect their understanding of the novels events? How does the author use these connotations to explain, justify, or clarify the events and themes of the novel?
The narrator states that literature is not allowed the convenient, sometimes unbelievable coincidences of life. In an essay, defend, refute, or qualify this idea.
Choose a symbol from the text and explain the author's success in using it to reveal events or ideas.
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)