|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Clothilde Armenta says "That day I realized just how alone we women are in the world," she implies:
2. Santiago Nasar's tendency to disguise the girls' identities might suggest that:
3. The townspeople refer to Bayardo San Roman as "poor Bayardo" because:
4. The narrator last sees Santiago Nasar walking along the river with:
5. The priest describes the autopsy as:
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Many dreams are described in detail in the novel. Freud said, "Unless the content of the dream rightly understood is inspired by alien spirits, it is part of [one's] own being." In an essay, connect Freud's belief to the author's use of dreams in the novel. Consider how the character's dreams reveal part of each character's being, and what is being revealed.
Essay Topic 2
Select an instance where the tone shifts in the novel and explore what the tone indicates about theme.
Essay Topic 3
The women of Santiago Nasar's town are mothers, daughters, sisters, wives, shopkeepers, nuns, whores, and spinsters. Write an essay examining any characteristics female characters share in the novel, and identify the author's message about women developed through these characteristics.
This section contains 989 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)