|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Officer Leandro Pornoy, who visited with the twins at Clothilde Armenta's:
2. The priest laments that a brilliant future was cut short for Santiago because:
3. When the narrator warns Santiago that "A falcon who chases a warlike crane can only hope for a life of pain," he suggests:
4. The mayor's asks the priest to perform the autopsy instead of a medically trained person because:
5. The narrator suspects that the San Roman family's excessive show of grief:
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Consider the title of the novel. What is important about the foretelling of Santiago Nasar's death? What is the theme of Garcia Marquez' novel, and how do the many acts of foretelling contribute to this theme?
Essay Topic 2
The narrator states that literature is not allowed the convenient, sometimes unbelievable coincidences of life. In an essay, defend, refute, or qualify this idea.
Essay Topic 3
The narrator uses both showing and telling to reveal the details of the story. Write an essay in which evaluate the use of showing and telling in the novel, determining which of the two is most influential in communicating Garcia Marquez' ideas.
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)