Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Another contrast of values apparent in the chapter is:
2. Angela Vicario decides to write Bayardo San Roman after:
3. The narrator suspects that the San Roman family's excessive show of grief:
4. One of the stab wounds in Santiago's hands is described as resembling the stigmata of Christ, which suggests:
5. Ironically, the matriarch of the Arab community was responsible for:
Essay Topic 1
The women of Santiago Nasar's town are mothers, daughters, sisters, wives, shopkeepers, nuns, whores, and spinsters. Write an essay examining any characteristics female characters share in the novel, and identify the author's message about women developed through these characteristics.
Essay Topic 2
Consider the magistrate's note, "Give me a prejudice and I will move the world." Write an essay in which you connect the statement to the events of the novel, identifying the prejudices that motivate the characters and contribute to the themes of the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Consider the contrasting ideas of religion and superstition in the novel. What themes are suggested by these two contrasting ideas? How do both ideas contribute to a larger message?
This section contains 969 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)