|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The serenade that took place at the widower Xius's house was intended to:
2. The Arab community in the novel is described as:
3. Why does Father Carmen Amador perform Santiago's autopsy?
4. One of the stab wounds in Santiago's hands is described as resembling the stigmata of Christ, which suggests:
5. The repeated foretelling of Santiago Nasar's death suggests:
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Consider the statement that "Honor is love," as the narrator's mother would have us believe. Write an essay in which you defend, refute, or qualify this statement.
Essay Topic 2
Choose a symbol from the text and explain the author's success in using it to reveal events or ideas.
Essay Topic 3
The narrator states that literature is not allowed the convenient, sometimes unbelievable coincidences of life. In an essay, defend, refute, or qualify this idea.
This section contains 988 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)