|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The fact that the narrator does not remember rain on the day of the murder suggests:
2. Angela is frightened that:
3. Poncio Vicario's death is attributed to his "moral pain," which suggests:
4. Another contrast of values apparent in the chapter is:
5. Though the Vicario brothers defend their actions, they can not seem to get rid of:
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Water often represents new life or birth in literature. In what situations does water appear in the novel? Identify the author's message(s) suggested by water images in the novel, and use examples to support your theory.
Essay Topic 2
The women of Santiago Nasar's town are mothers, daughters, sisters, wives, shopkeepers, nuns, whores, and spinsters. Write an essay examining any characteristics female characters share in the novel, and identify the author's message about women developed through these characteristics.
Essay Topic 3
The last line of any piece of writing can deliver or reinforce a powerful message. In the first three chapters, the author uses the last line to name Santiago Nasar and seal his fate as dead or destined to die. What message or purpose does repeating this idea serve?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)