|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ironically, the priest had to use what implements to perform the autopsy?
2. The twins had to carry out the murder plot because they felt:
3. Officer Leandro Pornoy, who visited with the twins at Clothilde Armenta's:
4. The juxtaposition of Santiago's massacred body and his elaborate coffin suggests:
5. Maria Alejandrina Cervantes handles her grief by:
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Select an instance where the tone shifts in the novel and explore what the tone indicates about theme.
Essay Topic 2
The setting of the novel is often described merely as "Caribbean." What connotations or associations with the word "Caribbean" might readers have that affect their understanding of the novels events? How does the author use these connotations to explain, justify, or clarify the events and themes of the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Leonard F. Peltier said, "Innocence is the weakest defense. Innocence has a single voice that can only say over and over again, "I didn't do it." Guilt has a thousand voices, all of them lies." Write an essay in which you defend, refute, or qualify Peltier's statement in relation to Garcia Marquez' novel.
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)