|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Officer Leandro Pornoy, who visited with the twins at Clothilde Armenta's:
2. The brothers' plan to murder Santiago is strangely contradicted at Clothilde Armenta's house by:
3. Faustino Santos, the twins' friend, reports their claim to:
4. The serenade that took place at the widower Xius's house was intended to:
5. Prudencia Cotes, Pablo Vicario's fiancee, makes it clear that she:
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The women of Santiago Nasar's town are mothers, daughters, sisters, wives, shopkeepers, nuns, whores, and spinsters. Write an essay examining any characteristics female characters share in the novel, and identify the author's message about women developed through these characteristics.
Essay Topic 2
The narrator uses both showing and telling to reveal the details of the story. Write an essay in which evaluate the use of showing and telling in the novel, determining which of the two is most influential in communicating Garcia Marquez' ideas.
Essay Topic 3
Consider the author's treatment of religious figures and symbols in the text. What is revealed about the author's attitude toward religion or religious belief through the actions and situations evident in the novel?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)