|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Though Bayardo has aged in many ways, Angela says she sees him:
2. Maria Alejandrina Cervantes refuses to believe that the twins came to her place looking for Santiago because:
3. Bayardo's suitcase full of unopened letters suggests:
4. The fact that the narrator does not remember rain on the day of the murder suggests:
5. Angela Vicario decides to write Bayardo San Roman after:
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The setting of the novel is often described merely as "Caribbean." What connotations or associations with the word "Caribbean" might readers have that affect their understanding of the novels events? How does the author use these connotations to explain, justify, or clarify the events and themes of the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Consider Garcia Marquez' use of names in the text. What does the author communicate through the name of any character or characters? Create an essay in which you explore Garcia' Marquez' symbolic use of names in the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Consider the author's treatment of religious figures and symbols in the text. What is revealed about the author's attitude toward religion or religious belief through the actions and situations evident in the novel?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)