|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The twins were transferred to:
2. A word that might describe how the twins feel in this situation is:
3. Ironically, the priest had to use what implements to perform the autopsy?
4. The Colonel treats the twins like:
5. The Nasar's house was crowded because:
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Select an instance where the tone shifts in the novel and explore what the tone indicates about theme.
Essay Topic 2
Consider the author's use of irony in the novel. In an essay, describe the author's intent in using irony to develop the events of the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Consider the contrasting ideas of religion and superstition in the novel. What themes are suggested by these two contrasting ideas? How do both ideas contribute to a larger message?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)