|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The twins had to carry out the murder plot because they felt:
2. The townspeople refer to Bayardo San Roman as "poor Bayardo" because:
3. The twins attribute their health problems to:
4. Another contrast of values apparent in the chapter is:
5. Santiago Nasar's tendency to disguise the girls' identities might suggest that:
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1Consider the author's treatment of religious figures and symbols in the text. What is revealed about the author's attitude toward religion or religious belief through the actions and situations evident in the novel?
Essay Topic 2Water often represents new life or birth in literature. In what situations does water appear in the novel? Identify the author's message(s) suggested by water images in the novel, and use examples to support your theory.
Essay Topic 3The narrator states that literature is not allowed the convenient, sometimes unbelievable coincidences of life. In an essay, defend, refute, or qualify this idea.
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)