|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Clearly the Vicario brothers:
2. When the others in the meat market complain of hangovers or of missing the cake at the wedding, how do the twins reply?
3. Faustino Santos, the twins' friend, reports their claim to:
4. Divina Flor's weeping as she fends off the dogs suggests:
5. The twins were transferred to:
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Consider the statement that "Honor is love," as the narrator's mother would have us believe. Write an essay in which you defend, refute, or qualify this statement.
Essay Topic 2
The last line of any piece of writing can deliver or reinforce a powerful message. In the first three chapters, the author uses the last line to name Santiago Nasar and seal his fate as dead or destined to die. What message or purpose does repeating this idea serve?
Essay Topic 3
Water often represents new life or birth in literature. In what situations does water appear in the novel? Identify the author's message(s) suggested by water images in the novel, and use examples to support your theory.
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)