Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Another contrast of values apparent in the chapter is:
2. Angela Vicario decides to write Bayardo San Roman after:
3. The narrator suspects that the San Roman family's excessive show of grief:
4. One of the stab wounds in Santiago's hands is described as resembling the stigmata of Christ, which suggests:
5. Ironically, the matriarch of the Arab community was responsible for:
Consider the statement that "Honor is love," as the narrator's mother would have us believe. Write an essay in which you defend, refute, or qualify this statement.
Leonard F. Peltier said, "Innocence is the weakest defense. Innocence has a single voice that can only say over and over again, "I didn't do it." Guilt has a thousand voices, all of them lies." Write an essay in which you defend, refute, or qualify Peltier's statement in relation to Garcia Marquez' novel.
Consider the motif of whiteness in the novel. In what situations is the color white emphasized, and which of its connotations contributes to a theme in the novel?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)