|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The priest describes the autopsy as:
2. Poncio Vicario's death is attributed to his "moral pain," which suggests:
3. The repeated foretelling of Santiago Nasar's death suggests:
4. Pedro Vicario's guilt manifests itself in what way?
5. Bayardo's suitcase full of unopened letters suggests:
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Consider the title of the novel. What is important about the foretelling of Santiago Nasar's death? What is the theme of Garcia Marquez' novel, and how do the many acts of foretelling contribute to this theme?
Essay Topic 2
Women in "Chronicle of a Death Foretold" seem to have limited power. Consider the situations in which women exercise power in the novel, and write an essay in which you identify a possible theme the author communicates through women in positions of power.
Essay Topic 3
Consider the statement that "Honor is love," as the narrator's mother would have us believe. Write an essay in which you defend, refute, or qualify this statement.
This section contains 990 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)