|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the others in the meat market complain of hangovers or of missing the cake at the wedding, how do the twins reply?
2. The narrator's recounting of Colonel Lazaro Aponte's mundane morning details reveals:
3. Another contrast of values apparent in the chapter is:
4. The twins attribute their health problems to:
5. The Colonel treats the twins like:
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Select an instance where the tone shifts in the novel and explore what the tone indicates about theme.
Essay Topic 2
Water often represents new life or birth in literature. In what situations does water appear in the novel? Identify the author's message(s) suggested by water images in the novel, and use examples to support your theory.
Essay Topic 3
The last line of any piece of writing can deliver or reinforce a powerful message. In the first three chapters, the author uses the last line to name Santiago Nasar and seal his fate as dead or destined to die. What message or purpose does repeating this idea serve?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)