|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Because Angela's unanswered letters make her feel like she is writing to no one:
2. Father Amador fails to warn Santiago or his mother of the murder plot because:
3. In the midst of all of Santiago's innards the priest found:
4. Ironically, the matriarch of the Arab community was responsible for:
5. The mayor's asks the priest to perform the autopsy instead of a medically trained person because:
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Water often represents new life or birth in literature. In what situations does water appear in the novel? Identify the author's message(s) suggested by water images in the novel, and use examples to support your theory.
Essay Topic 2
Leonard F. Peltier said, "Innocence is the weakest defense. Innocence has a single voice that can only say over and over again, "I didn't do it." Guilt has a thousand voices, all of them lies." Write an essay in which you defend, refute, or qualify Peltier's statement in relation to Garcia Marquez' novel.
Essay Topic 3
Consider the statement that "Honor is love," as the narrator's mother would have us believe. Write an essay in which you defend, refute, or qualify this statement.
This section contains 1,014 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)