|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The twins were transferred to:
2. The narrator's dream about the voracious child, on the heels of his thought on Santiago's horrific death, might suggest:
3. The brothers' plan to murder Santiago is strangely contradicted at Clothilde Armenta's house by:
4. Christo Bedoya declines to conduct the autopsy because:
5. The serenade that took place at the widower Xius's house was intended to:
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Consider Garcia Marquez' use of names in the text. What does the author communicate through the name of any character or characters? Create an essay in which you explore Garcia' Marquez' symbolic use of names in the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Choose a symbol from the text and explain the author's success in using it to reveal events or ideas.
Essay Topic 3
The setting of the novel is often described merely as "Caribbean." What connotations or associations with the word "Caribbean" might readers have that affect their understanding of the novels events? How does the author use these connotations to explain, justify, or clarify the events and themes of the novel?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)