|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Clearly the Vicario brothers:
2. Father Amador fails to warn Santiago or his mother of the murder plot because:
3. Santiago Nasar's pure white linen suit suggests:
4. Another contrast of values apparent in the chapter is:
5. Santiago's autopsy has to be performed in a hurry because:
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Water often represents new life or birth in literature. In what situations does water appear in the novel? Identify the author's message(s) suggested by water images in the novel, and use examples to support your theory.
Essay Topic 2
Consider the statement that "Honor is love," as the narrator's mother would have us believe. Write an essay in which you defend, refute, or qualify this statement.
Essay Topic 3
Many dreams are described in detail in the novel. Freud said, "Unless the content of the dream rightly understood is inspired by alien spirits, it is part of [one's] own being." In an essay, connect Freud's belief to the author's use of dreams in the novel. Consider how the character's dreams reveal part of each character's being, and what is being revealed.
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)