Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Another contrast of values apparent in the chapter is:
2. Angela Vicario decides to write Bayardo San Roman after:
3. The narrator suspects that the San Roman family's excessive show of grief:
4. One of the stab wounds in Santiago's hands is described as resembling the stigmata of Christ, which suggests:
5. Ironically, the matriarch of the Arab community was responsible for:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the contrasting ideas of youth and old age developed in the novel. How do these two ideas contribute to an understanding of character, events, and setting?
Essay Topic 2
Select an instance where the tone shifts in the novel and explore what the tone indicates about theme.
Essay Topic 3
Leonard F. Peltier said, "Innocence is the weakest defense. Innocence has a single voice that can only say over and over again, "I didn't do it." Guilt has a thousand voices, all of them lies." Write an essay in which you defend, refute, or qualify Peltier's statement in relation to Garcia Marquez' novel.
This section contains 969 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)