|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Clearly the Vicario brothers:
2. Because Angela's unanswered letters make her feel like she is writing to no one:
3. The twins' actions seem to result from:
4. Ironically, the priest had to use what implements to perform the autopsy?
5. The narrator last sees Santiago Nasar walking along the river with:
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Select an instance where the tone shifts in the novel and explore what the tone indicates about theme.
Essay Topic 2
Leonard F. Peltier said, "Innocence is the weakest defense. Innocence has a single voice that can only say over and over again, "I didn't do it." Guilt has a thousand voices, all of them lies." Write an essay in which you defend, refute, or qualify Peltier's statement in relation to Garcia Marquez' novel.
Essay Topic 3
Choose a symbol from the text and explain the author's success in using it to reveal events or ideas.
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)