|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Arab community in the novel is described as:
2. Bayardo's statement, "Well, here I am," suggests:
3. The Colonel treats the twins like:
4. The purple blotch that appears on Santiago's face is described as:
5. Poncio Vicario's death is attributed to his "moral pain," which suggests:
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Consider the motif of whiteness in the novel. In what situations is the color white emphasized, and which of its connotations contributes to a theme in the novel?
Essay Topic 2
The narrator uses both showing and telling to reveal the details of the story. Write an essay in which evaluate the use of showing and telling in the novel, determining which of the two is most influential in communicating Garcia Marquez' ideas.
Essay Topic 3
Consider the author's treatment of religious figures and symbols in the text. What is revealed about the author's attitude toward religion or religious belief through the actions and situations evident in the novel?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)