|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Clearly the Vicario brothers:
(a) Plan to escape punishment by claiming they acted in defense of honor.
(b) Don't know if they have killed the right person.
(c) Know what they have done is against the law, but feel justified.
(d) Disregard the law whenever it suits them.
2. Bayardo's statement, "Well, here I am," suggests:
(a) That he knows what Angela wants and has forgiven her.
(b) That he has been there all along.
(c) That he is now ready to hear her explanations.
(d) That he has come to confront her about her behavior.
3. Ironically, the priest had to use what implements to perform the autopsy?
(a) Kitchen utensils.
(c) Craftsmen's tools.
(d) Garden tools.
4. Victoria Guzman calls Santiago Nasar "white man," because he is partly white, but this also might suggest:
(a) His prejudice against the townspeople.
(b) Her hatred of his wealth and priveledge.
(c) Her fear of him as different than herself.
(d) His innocence.
5. Santiago Nasar's pure white linen suit suggests:
(d) Burial wrappings.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the narrator warns Santiago that "A falcon who chases a warlike crane can only hope for a life of pain," he suggests:
2. The fact that the narrator does not remember rain on the day of the murder suggests:
3. Pedro Vicario's guilt manifests itself in what way?
4. Because Angela's unanswered letters make her feel like she is writing to no one:
5. Maria Alejandrina Cervantes refuses to believe that the twins came to her place looking for Santiago because:
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)