|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ironically, the matriarch of the Arab community was responsible for:
(a) Providing the twins with a place to stay.
(b) Assuaging the twins' guilt.
(c) Curing the Vicario twins' illnesses.
(d) Carrying out the revenge against the twins.
2. A word that might describe how the twins feel in this situation is:
3. When Clothilde Armenta says "That day I realized just how alone we women are in the world," she implies:
(a) That women are often responsible for restoring order by calming the passions of men.
(b) That women are always being deserted by men in pursuit of honor.
(c) That men can never be found at home when they are needed.
(d) That women are ruled by reason while men are ruled by passions.
4. Though the Vicario brothers defend their actions, they can not seem to get rid of:
(a) The smell of the drinking from the night before.
(b) The smell of Santiago Nasar's blood on their clothes and bodies.
(c) Their need for revenge.
(d) Their anger at their sister's behavior.
5. Santiago Nasar's tendency to disguise the girls' identities might suggest that:
(a) He tries to create confusion for others to disguise his own actions.
(b) He wants to make Maria Alejandrina Cervantes jealous.
(c) He wants to confuse the girls so no one remembers him.
(d) He wants women to forget themselves or their inhibitions in bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. The serenade that took place at the widower Xius's house was intended to:
2. The purple blotch that appears on Santiago's face is described as:
3. The townspeople refer to Bayardo San Roman as "poor Bayardo" because:
4. The juxtaposition of Santiago's massacred body and his elaborate coffin suggests:
5. Colonel Lazaro Aponte:
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)