|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the midst of all of Santiago's innards the priest found:
(a) Multiple stab wounds, but none fatal.
(b) Only one kidney.
(c) A gold medal he had swallowed at age four.
(d) The liver damage that probably killed him.
2. The Colonel treats the twins like:
(a) Worthless drunks.
(b) Worthy adversaries.
(c) Naughty children.
(d) Hostile enemies.
3. Maria Alejandrina Cervantes never goes to bed with anyone else in Santiago's presence because:
(a) She wants to show her respect for him.
(b) She has never gotten over her love for him.
(c) She believes he will seek revenge if she does.
(d) She retired after their affair ended.
4. Santiago's autopsy has to be performed in a hurry because:
(a) The Nasars' dogs have begun to eat the body.
(b) The heat is extreme and the body is decomposing.
(c) Santiago's coffin is prepared and waiting for him.
(d) The townspeople want to desecrate the remains.
5. Though Bayardo has aged in many ways, Angela says she sees him:
(a) As a happier man than she remembered.
(b) Just the same as he was on their wedding day.
(c) With a greater love than ever before.
(d) As she saw him the first time.
Short Answer Questions
1. Prudencia Cotes, Pablo Vicario's fiancee, makes it clear that she:
2. The Nasar's house was crowded because:
3. Faustino Santos, the twins' friend, reports their claim to:
4. The repeated foretelling of Santiago Nasar's death suggests:
5. Bayardo's suitcase full of unopened letters suggests:
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)