|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Santiago Nasar insists on returning home for an hour so that:
(a) He can sleep for an hour before the bishop arrived.
(b) He can reassure his mother of his safety.
(c) He can avoid the Vicario twins.
(d) He can have coffee with Victoria Guzman.
2. Officer Leandro Pornoy, who visited with the twins at Clothilde Armenta's:
(a) Gets drunk with the twins because he does not believe they are serious.
(b) Takes away the twins knives and goes home.
(c) Goes to Colonel Aponte to reveal the murder plot.
(d) Gets gored by a bull before he can warn Santiago Nasar.
3. Angela is frightened that:
(a) Bayardo may not feel enough love for her to forgive her aging.
(b) Bayardo has come to force her to confess.
(c) Her mother will come and frighten him away.
(d) Bayardo will still be angry after seventeen years.
4. Santiago's autopsy has to be performed in a hurry because:
(a) The townspeople want to desecrate the remains.
(b) Santiago's coffin is prepared and waiting for him.
(c) The heat is extreme and the body is decomposing.
(d) The Nasars' dogs have begun to eat the body.
5. Angela Vicario decides to write Bayardo San Roman after:
(a) He refuses to speak to her in public.
(b) He writes her first.
(c) She sees him pass by many years later.
(d) She finds out he still loves her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pablo Vicario goes on to:
2. Ironically, the matriarch of the Arab community was responsible for:
3. The Colonel treats the twins like:
4. The repeated foretelling of Santiago Nasar's death suggests:
5. The twins' actions seem to result from:
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)