Final Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The mayor's asks the priest to perform the autopsy instead of a medically trained person because:
(a) He feels guilty for having failed to warn Santiago.
(b) He is too inexperienced to know how to perform the autopsy himself.
(c) He is trying to get his revenge on Santiago's family.
(d) He is too proud to admit he does not know how to proceed with the examination.
2. One of the stab wounds in Santiago's hands is described as resembling the stigmata of Christ, which suggests:
(a) The priest's fear that the autopsy was a sin.
(b) The priest's belief in Santiago's innocence.
(c) Santiago's innocence.
(d) Santiago's religious beliefs.
3. Poncio Vicario's death is attributed to his "moral pain," which suggests:
(a) He regrets his sons' prison sentences.
(b) He knows the murder of Santiago Nasar was not right.
(c) He suffered a painful illness due to his blindness.
(d) He regrets not killing Santiago Nasar himself.
4. Clearly the Vicario brothers:
(a) Plan to escape punishment by claiming they acted in defense of honor.
(b) Disregard the law whenever it suits them.
(c) Know what they have done is against the law, but feel justified.
(d) Don't know if they have killed the right person.
5. The townspeople refer to Bayardo San Roman as "poor Bayardo" because:
(a) He never marries again.
(b) He remains in the widower Xius house, never to be seen again.
(c) They believe he is the only true victim.
(d) He was not really wealthy after all.
Short Answer Questions
1. The serenade that took place at the widower Xius's house was intended to:
2. In the midst of all of Santiago's innards the priest found:
3. Officer Leandro Pornoy, who visited with the twins at Clothilde Armenta's:
4. Clothilde Armenta correctly assumes that:
5. Father Amador fails to warn Santiago or his mother of the murder plot because:
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)