|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Because Angela's unanswered letters make her feel like she is writing to no one:
(a) She writes down all her secrets, including her love for Santiago.
(b) She stops writing them.
(c) She risks her reputation in sending them anyway.
(d) She is able to be honest and discovers all her feelings.
2. Santiago Nasar insists on returning home for an hour so that:
(a) He can avoid the Vicario twins.
(b) He can reassure his mother of his safety.
(c) He can sleep for an hour before the bishop arrived.
(d) He can have coffee with Victoria Guzman.
3. The narrator's recounting of Colonel Lazaro Aponte's mundane morning details reveals:
(a) The Colonel is more interested in his own concerns than in warning Santiago Nasar.
(b) The Colonel has not been warned about the murder plot either.
(c) The Colonel believes Santiago Nasar should die.
(d) The Colonel is far too distracted by the bishop's visit to warn Santiago Nasar.
4. Though Bayardo has aged in many ways, Angela says she sees him:
(a) With a greater love than ever before.
(b) Just the same as he was on their wedding day.
(c) As she saw him the first time.
(d) As a happier man than she remembered.
5. Luis Enrique is unable to tell his family what he saw at the milk shop because:
(a) He passed out when he got home.
(b) He was too terrified to repeat it.
(c) He thought they were all asleep.
(d) He does not understand what he saw.
Short Answer Questions
1. Santiago Nasar's pure white linen suit suggests:
2. Divina Flor's weeping as she fends off the dogs suggests:
3. Father Amador fails to warn Santiago or his mother of the murder plot because:
4. In the midst of all of Santiago's innards the priest found:
5. Victoria Guzman calls Santiago Nasar "white man," because he is partly white, but this also might suggest:
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)