|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Father Amador fails to warn Santiago or his mother of the murder plot because:
(a) He does not really believe any harm will come to Santiago.
(b) He is afraid of the Vicario twins' revenge if he should warn Santiago.
(c) He is distracted by the bishop's visit and forgets.
(d) He is late for the bishop's visit and decides against visiting Santiago's house.
2. The Arab community in the novel is described as:
(a) Hard-working, clannish, and peaceful.
(b) Lazy, clannish, and peaceful.
(c) Lazy, stubborn, and combustive.
(d) Hard-working, vengeful, and divisive.
3. The author differentiates between his sisters by calling them:
(a) My favorite sister and My other sister.
(b) My sister Margot and My sister Ignacia.
(c) My sister the spinster and My sister the nun.
(d) My sister Margot and My sister the nun.
4. The brothers' plan to murder Santiago is strangely contradicted at Clothilde Armenta's house by:
(a) Their disbelief in their sister's guilt.
(b) Their proclamations that they don't want to kill Santiago.
(c) Their inability to eat or drink anything.
(d) Their desire to shave and clean up.
5. The purple blotch that appears on Santiago's face is described as:
(a) The shadow of a cloud on water.
(b) The shadow of a guilty conscience.
(c) A birthmark.
(d) A mark of sin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Another contrast of values apparent in the chapter is:
2. Luis Enrique is unable to tell his family what he saw at the milk shop because:
3. The Vicario family:
4. The repeated mention of Victoria Guzman watching over the coffee pot and gutting animals connotes which popular image?
5. Though the Vicario brothers defend their actions, they can not seem to get rid of:
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)