|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The narrator suspects that the San Roman family's excessive show of grief:
(a) Is covering up their secret satisfaction over the failure of the marriage.
(b) Is concealing another, greater shame.
(c) Is meant to show the townspeople how humble they are.
(d) Is meant to make the Vicario family feel guilty.
2. Ironically, the priest had to use what implements to perform the autopsy?
(b) Craftsmen's tools.
(c) Garden tools.
(d) Kitchen utensils.
3. The twins' actions seem to result from:
(a) A sense of compassion, but not a sense of duty.
(b) A senes of bloodthirstiness, but not a sense of pride.
(c) A sense of duty, but not a sense of pride.
(d) A sense of honor, but not bloodthirstiness.
4. Pura Vicario dresses her daughter in red and wraps her face in a cloth, which suggests:
(a) Mourning has no place in the Vicario family.
(b) Pura Vicario is in mourning.
(c) Pura Vicario has plans to abandon her daughter in the streets.
(d) Appearances are important in the Vicario family.
5. The twins attribute their health problems to:
(a) Guilt over their crime.
(b) Attempted poisoning.
(c) The abysmal prison conditions.
Short Answer Questions
1. Prudencia Cotes, Pablo Vicario's fiancee, makes it clear that she:
2. The court that tries the Vicario twins decides:
3. The Vicario twins' behavior suggests:
4. The narrator does not believe Santiago had a guilty conscience that night because:
5. The serenade that took place at the widower Xius's house was intended to:
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)