|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The twins attribute their health problems to:
(b) Attempted poisoning.
(c) Guilt over their crime.
(d) The abysmal prison conditions.
2. Christo Bedoya declines to conduct the autopsy because:
(a) He is still angry at Santiago's behavior.
(b) He hasn't taken the medical exam yet.
(c) He was such close friends with Santiago.
(d) He feels guilty for murdering Santiago.
3. Prudencia Cotes, Pablo Vicario's fiancee, makes it clear that she:
(a) Believes Angela Vicario is completely innocent.
(b) Believes the men acted necessarily in defense of honor.
(c) Expects Pablo Vicario to wait for her.
(d) Will not wait for Pablo Vicario if he commits this crime.
4. The Nasar's house was crowded because:
(a) People had come to help perform the autopsy.
(b) People had come to view the body.
(c) People had come to pay their respects to Placida Linero.
(d) People had come to get in out of the heat.
5. The juxtaposition of Santiago's massacred body and his elaborate coffin suggests:
(a) The futility of preserving youth.
(b) The arrogance of the priest and doctor.
(c) The superstition of the townspeople.
(d) The hypocrisy of values among the townspeople.
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator does not believe Santiago had a guilty conscience that night because:
2. Pedro Vicario's guilt manifests itself in what way?
3. The twins were transferred to:
4. The narrator suspects that the San Roman family's excessive show of grief:
5. Bayardo's statement, "Well, here I am," suggests:
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)