|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The twins' actions seem to result from:
(a) A sense of compassion, but not a sense of duty.
(b) A senes of bloodthirstiness, but not a sense of pride.
(c) A sense of duty, but not a sense of pride.
(d) A sense of honor, but not bloodthirstiness.
2. Santiago's autopsy has to be performed in a hurry because:
(a) The townspeople want to desecrate the remains.
(b) The Nasars' dogs have begun to eat the body.
(c) Santiago's coffin is prepared and waiting for him.
(d) The heat is extreme and the body is decomposing.
3. Divina Flor's weeping as she fends off the dogs suggests:
(a) She is afraid the narrator will blame her for Santiago's death.
(b) She knows her mother is responsible for Santiago's death.
(c) She is guilty and overcome by Santiago's death.
(d) She knows the dogs will attack her next.
4. The fact that the bishop overlooks the town, the narrator's nun sister is too hung over to greet the boat, and Father Amador neglects to warn Santiago about the murder suggests:
(a) The church does not care about its followers.
(b) The church does not always support the people as it should.
(c) The church is a fun organization.
(d) The church is not influential over the people.
5. Because Angela's unanswered letters make her feel like she is writing to no one:
(a) She is able to be honest and discovers all her feelings.
(b) She risks her reputation in sending them anyway.
(c) She stops writing them.
(d) She writes down all her secrets, including her love for Santiago.
Short Answer Questions
1. The dogs panting after Santiago's innards as his body lay in his mother's house might represent:
2. Father Amador fails to warn Santiago or his mother of the murder plot because:
3. The townspeople refer to Bayardo San Roman as "poor Bayardo" because:
4. Poncio Vicario's death is attributed to his "moral pain," which suggests:
5. The mayor's asks the priest to perform the autopsy instead of a medically trained person because:
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)