|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Divina Flor's weeping as she fends off the dogs suggests:
(a) She is afraid the narrator will blame her for Santiago's death.
(b) She knows her mother is responsible for Santiago's death.
(c) She is guilty and overcome by Santiago's death.
(d) She knows the dogs will attack her next.
2. Why does Father Carmen Amador perform Santiago's autopsy?
(a) The town's doctor is gone at present, and no one else was qualified and willing.
(b) The town's doctor is still drunk from the wedding festivities.
(c) Santiago's mother does not trust the town doctor or Christo Bedoya, the medical student.
(d) Santiago's mother insists that only a priest may touch her son's body.
3. When Clothilde Armenta says "That day I realized just how alone we women are in the world," she implies:
(a) That women are ruled by reason while men are ruled by passions.
(b) That women are often responsible for restoring order by calming the passions of men.
(c) That women are always being deserted by men in pursuit of honor.
(d) That men can never be found at home when they are needed.
4. The narrator last sees Santiago Nasar walking along the river with:
(a) The Vicario Twins.
(b) Maria Alejandrina Cervantes.
(c) Angela Vicario.
(d) Christo Bedoya.
5. Prudencia Cotes, Pablo Vicario's fiancee, makes it clear that she:
(a) Believes Angela Vicario is completely innocent.
(b) Expects Pablo Vicario to wait for her.
(c) Believes the men acted necessarily in defense of honor.
(d) Will not wait for Pablo Vicario if he commits this crime.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bayardo's suitcase full of unopened letters suggests:
2. The brothers' plan to murder Santiago is strangely contradicted at Clothilde Armenta's house by:
3. Victoria Guzman calls Santiago Nasar "white man," because he is partly white, but this also might suggest:
4. The priest laments that a brilliant future was cut short for Santiago because:
5. Ironically, the matriarch of the Arab community was responsible for:
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)