|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Luis Enrique is unable to tell his family what he saw at the milk shop because:
(a) He passed out when he got home.
(b) He does not understand what he saw.
(c) He thought they were all asleep.
(d) He was too terrified to repeat it.
2. Santiago Nasar's tendency to disguise the girls' identities might suggest that:
(a) He wants women to forget themselves or their inhibitions in bed.
(b) He tries to create confusion for others to disguise his own actions.
(c) He wants to make Maria Alejandrina Cervantes jealous.
(d) He wants to confuse the girls so no one remembers him.
3. Another contrast of values apparent in the chapter is:
(a) The whores dying their party clothes to mourning colors.
(b) The hasty funeral caused by the decomposing body.
(c) The narrator digging up old information about the murder.
(d) Colonel Aponte becoming a vegetarian.
4. The fact that the bishop overlooks the town, the narrator's nun sister is too hung over to greet the boat, and Father Amador neglects to warn Santiago about the murder suggests:
(a) The church does not care about its followers.
(b) The church is a fun organization.
(c) The church is not influential over the people.
(d) The church does not always support the people as it should.
5. When the others in the meat market complain of hangovers or of missing the cake at the wedding, how do the twins reply?
(a) We just came to sharpen our knives.
(b) Everybody knows that, you dope.
(c) We're going to kill Santiago Nasar.
(d) When you sacrifice a steer, you don't look into its eyes.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Nasar's house was crowded because:
2. The townspeople refer to Bayardo San Roman as "poor Bayardo" because:
3. Angela is frightened that:
4. The dogs panting after Santiago's innards as his body lay in his mother's house might represent:
5. Victoria Guzman calls Santiago Nasar "white man," because he is partly white, but this also might suggest:
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)