|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Victoria Guzman calls Santiago Nasar "white man," because he is partly white, but this also might suggest:
(a) Her hatred of his wealth and priveledge.
(b) His prejudice against the townspeople.
(c) His innocence.
(d) Her fear of him as different than herself.
2. Maria Alejandrina Cervantes never goes to bed with anyone else in Santiago's presence because:
(a) She has never gotten over her love for him.
(b) She wants to show her respect for him.
(c) She believes he will seek revenge if she does.
(d) She retired after their affair ended.
3. The fact that the narrator does not remember rain on the day of the murder suggests:
(a) That he himself understands the matter on some level.
(b) That he is too traumatized to remember.
(c) That he was hiding out at the whorehouse.
(d) That he wanted Santiago Nasar to die.
4. The twins' actions seem to result from:
(a) A senes of bloodthirstiness, but not a sense of pride.
(b) A sense of duty, but not a sense of pride.
(c) A sense of compassion, but not a sense of duty.
(d) A sense of honor, but not bloodthirstiness.
5. The priest laments that a brilliant future was cut short for Santiago because:
(a) His brain was left untouched by the autopsy.
(b) He had so many admirers.
(c) His brain was larger than the average Englishman's.
(d) His heart was enlarged in his chest.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Vicario family:
2. Ironically, the priest had to use what implements to perform the autopsy?
3. The Nasar's house was crowded because:
4. Pablo, the younger twin, finally has to convince his brother to kill Santiago, perhaps because:
5. The mayor's asks the priest to perform the autopsy instead of a medically trained person because:
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)