|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Prudencia Cotes, Pablo Vicario's fiancee, makes it clear that she:
(a) Believes the men acted necessarily in defense of honor.
(b) Will not wait for Pablo Vicario if he commits this crime.
(c) Believes Angela Vicario is completely innocent.
(d) Expects Pablo Vicario to wait for her.
2. Officer Leandro Pornoy, who visited with the twins at Clothilde Armenta's:
(a) Goes to Colonel Aponte to reveal the murder plot.
(b) Gets drunk with the twins because he does not believe they are serious.
(c) Takes away the twins knives and goes home.
(d) Gets gored by a bull before he can warn Santiago Nasar.
3. Victoria Guzman calls Santiago Nasar "white man," because he is partly white, but this also might suggest:
(a) Her hatred of his wealth and priveledge.
(b) His prejudice against the townspeople.
(c) Her fear of him as different than herself.
(d) His innocence.
4. Why does Father Carmen Amador perform Santiago's autopsy?
(a) The town's doctor is gone at present, and no one else was qualified and willing.
(b) Santiago's mother insists that only a priest may touch her son's body.
(c) Santiago's mother does not trust the town doctor or Christo Bedoya, the medical student.
(d) The town's doctor is still drunk from the wedding festivities.
5. The narrator does not believe Santiago had a guilty conscience that night because:
(a) He challenged anyone who did not believe him to a fight.
(b) His manner was carefree and celbratory.
(c) He refused to go to the widower Xius's house.
(d) He continued to court Angela Vicario.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Colonel treats the twins like:
2. The fact that the narrator does not remember rain on the day of the murder suggests:
3. The Vicario twins' behavior suggests:
4. Pablo Vicario goes on to:
5. When the narrator warns Santiago that "A falcon who chases a warlike crane can only hope for a life of pain," he suggests:
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)