|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Maria Alejandrina Cervantes never goes to bed with anyone else in Santiago's presence because:
(a) She retired after their affair ended.
(b) She wants to show her respect for him.
(c) She has never gotten over her love for him.
(d) She believes he will seek revenge if she does.
2. When the others in the meat market complain of hangovers or of missing the cake at the wedding, how do the twins reply?
(a) We're going to kill Santiago Nasar.
(b) We just came to sharpen our knives.
(c) When you sacrifice a steer, you don't look into its eyes.
(d) Everybody knows that, you dope.
3. The narrator suspects that the San Roman family's excessive show of grief:
(a) Is meant to show the townspeople how humble they are.
(b) Is concealing another, greater shame.
(c) Is meant to make the Vicario family feel guilty.
(d) Is covering up their secret satisfaction over the failure of the marriage.
4. Bayardo's suitcase full of unopened letters suggests:
(a) That he is unwilling to forgive Angela no matter what she says.
(b) That he does not need to hear Angela's excuses; he has made mistakes as well.
(c) That he wants to pretend nothing has happened since the day they were married.
(d) That he is returning the letters because he does not want them.
5. Angela is frightened that:
(a) Bayardo will still be angry after seventeen years.
(b) Bayardo may not feel enough love for her to forgive her aging.
(c) Her mother will come and frighten him away.
(d) Bayardo has come to force her to confess.
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator's recounting of Colonel Lazaro Aponte's mundane morning details reveals:
2. The author differentiates between his sisters by calling them:
3. The narrator does not believe Santiago had a guilty conscience that night because:
4. The twins had to carry out the murder plot because they felt:
5. The Colonel treats the twins like:
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)