|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bayardo's statement, "Well, here I am," suggests:
(a) That he is now ready to hear her explanations.
(b) That he has come to confront her about her behavior.
(c) That he has been there all along.
(d) That he knows what Angela wants and has forgiven her.
2. The Vicario family:
(a) Guards the prisoners in prison with shotguns.
(b) Gives the mayor a bribe to help them escape the town.
(c) Leaves the town, plotting to return and help the brothers escape.
(d) Leaves the town, never to return.
3. The court that tries the Vicario twins decides:
(a) They will both be hanged.
(b) They acted honorably in defense of their sister.
(c) They are mentally unfit to stand trial.
(d) They will be punished in the afterlife.
4. Colonel Lazaro Aponte:
(a) Talks to the twins and decides they are bluffing.
(b) Is tired of breaking up fights, and lets the matter go.
(c) Forgets all about the murder plot.
(d) Takes the twins' knives away.
5. The fact that the narrator does not remember rain on the day of the murder suggests:
(a) That he wanted Santiago Nasar to die.
(b) That he himself understands the matter on some level.
(c) That he was hiding out at the whorehouse.
(d) That he is too traumatized to remember.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ironically, the priest had to use what implements to perform the autopsy?
2. The twins' actions seem to result from:
3. The brothers' plan to murder Santiago is strangely contradicted at Clothilde Armenta's house by:
4. The Vicario twins' behavior suggests:
5. Because Angela's unanswered letters make her feel like she is writing to no one:
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)