|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Because Angela's unanswered letters make her feel like she is writing to no one:
(a) She risks her reputation in sending them anyway.
(b) She is able to be honest and discovers all her feelings.
(c) She stops writing them.
(d) She writes down all her secrets, including her love for Santiago.
2. The juxtaposition of Santiago's massacred body and his elaborate coffin suggests:
(a) The hypocrisy of values among the townspeople.
(b) The futility of preserving youth.
(c) The arrogance of the priest and doctor.
(d) The superstition of the townspeople.
3. Bayardo's suitcase full of unopened letters suggests:
(a) That he does not need to hear Angela's excuses; he has made mistakes as well.
(b) That he is unwilling to forgive Angela no matter what she says.
(c) That he is returning the letters because he does not want them.
(d) That he wants to pretend nothing has happened since the day they were married.
4. Father Amador fails to warn Santiago or his mother of the murder plot because:
(a) He is distracted by the bishop's visit and forgets.
(b) He is late for the bishop's visit and decides against visiting Santiago's house.
(c) He is afraid of the Vicario twins' revenge if he should warn Santiago.
(d) He does not really believe any harm will come to Santiago.
5. The brothers' plan to murder Santiago is strangely contradicted at Clothilde Armenta's house by:
(a) Their proclamations that they don't want to kill Santiago.
(b) Their disbelief in their sister's guilt.
(c) Their inability to eat or drink anything.
(d) Their desire to shave and clean up.
Short Answer Questions
1. The repeated foretelling of Santiago Nasar's death suggests:
2. The priest describes the autopsy as:
3. Maria Alejandrina Cervantes handles her grief by:
4. The mayor's asks the priest to perform the autopsy instead of a medically trained person because:
5. The Nasar's house was crowded because:
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)