|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The twins had to carry out the murder plot because they felt:
(a) It was the only way to show their manliness.
(b) Outraged at Santiago's behavior.
(c) It was their duty.
(d) Ashamed of their family.
2. The repeated foretelling of Santiago Nasar's death suggests:
(a) That it was his punishment for a misspent life.
(b) That Santiago knew he would die that day.
(c) That it was everyone's plan to murder him.
(d) That it was fated or inevitable in such a town and culture.
3. Officer Leandro Pornoy, who visited with the twins at Clothilde Armenta's:
(a) Gets gored by a bull before he can warn Santiago Nasar.
(b) Goes to Colonel Aponte to reveal the murder plot.
(c) Takes away the twins knives and goes home.
(d) Gets drunk with the twins because he does not believe they are serious.
4. The narrator's recounting of Colonel Lazaro Aponte's mundane morning details reveals:
(a) The Colonel believes Santiago Nasar should die.
(b) The Colonel is more interested in his own concerns than in warning Santiago Nasar.
(c) The Colonel has not been warned about the murder plot either.
(d) The Colonel is far too distracted by the bishop's visit to warn Santiago Nasar.
5. Pura Vicario dresses her daughter in red and wraps her face in a cloth, which suggests:
(a) Pura Vicario is in mourning.
(b) Appearances are important in the Vicario family.
(c) Pura Vicario has plans to abandon her daughter in the streets.
(d) Mourning has no place in the Vicario family.
Short Answer Questions
1. The brothers' plan to murder Santiago is strangely contradicted at Clothilde Armenta's house by:
2. The narrator's dream about the voracious child, on the heels of his thought on Santiago's horrific death, might suggest:
3. Angela is frightened that:
4. Though the Vicario brothers defend their actions, they can not seem to get rid of:
5. Santiago's autopsy has to be performed in a hurry because:
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)