|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the midst of all of Santiago's innards the priest found:
(a) A gold medal he had swallowed at age four.
(b) Only one kidney.
(c) Multiple stab wounds, but none fatal.
(d) The liver damage that probably killed him.
2. Pablo, the younger twin, finally has to convince his brother to kill Santiago, perhaps because:
(a) Pedro is resistant to any kind of authority.
(b) Pedro is cowardly since his return from the military.
(c) Pedro has lost his sense of duty since returning from the military.
(d) Pedro has been to war and knows what it is to kill a man.
3. The Vicario family:
(a) Leaves the town, never to return.
(b) Gives the mayor a bribe to help them escape the town.
(c) Guards the prisoners in prison with shotguns.
(d) Leaves the town, plotting to return and help the brothers escape.
4. The Arab community in the novel is described as:
(a) Hard-working, vengeful, and divisive.
(b) Lazy, stubborn, and combustive.
(c) Lazy, clannish, and peaceful.
(d) Hard-working, clannish, and peaceful.
5. The Colonel treats the twins like:
(a) Hostile enemies.
(b) Worthless drunks.
(c) Naughty children.
(d) Worthy adversaries.
Short Answer Questions
1. Poncio Vicario's death is attributed to his "moral pain," which suggests:
2. Santiago Nasar's tendency to disguise the girls' identities might suggest that:
3. The narrator is lured away from his friends by Maria Alejandrina Cervantes, who is described as:
4. The repeated foretelling of Santiago Nasar's death suggests:
5. Maria Alejandrina Cervantes handles her grief by:
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)