|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The narrator learns that the Vicario twins:
(a) Tried to find someone to stop them from the killing.
(b) Turned themselves in only after they were surrounded.
(c) Acted on behalf of their mother's wishes.
(d) Hid out until the murder so they could not be stopped.
2. Because Angela's unanswered letters make her feel like she is writing to no one:
(a) She stops writing them.
(b) She risks her reputation in sending them anyway.
(c) She writes down all her secrets, including her love for Santiago.
(d) She is able to be honest and discovers all her feelings.
3. The Arab community in the novel is described as:
(a) Hard-working, vengeful, and divisive.
(b) Lazy, clannish, and peaceful.
(c) Lazy, stubborn, and combustive.
(d) Hard-working, clannish, and peaceful.
4. A word that might describe how the twins feel in this situation is:
5. Bayardo's suitcase full of unopened letters suggests:
(a) That he is unwilling to forgive Angela no matter what she says.
(b) That he wants to pretend nothing has happened since the day they were married.
(c) That he is returning the letters because he does not want them.
(d) That he does not need to hear Angela's excuses; he has made mistakes as well.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Clothilde Armenta says "That day I realized just how alone we women are in the world," she implies:
2. Maria Alejandrina Cervantes never goes to bed with anyone else in Santiago's presence because:
3. The Vicario family:
4. The narrator suspects that the San Roman family's excessive show of grief:
5. Most of the concerns that keep people from acting on Santiago Nasar's behalf could be described as:
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)