|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Maria Alejandrina Cervantes handles her grief by:
(a) Excessive drinking.
(b) Excessive eating.
(c) Having all-night parties.
(d) Barring her doors from the public.
2. The narrator learns that the Vicario twins:
(a) Acted on behalf of their mother's wishes.
(b) Hid out until the murder so they could not be stopped.
(c) Tried to find someone to stop them from the killing.
(d) Turned themselves in only after they were surrounded.
3. Divina Flor's weeping as she fends off the dogs suggests:
(a) She knows the dogs will attack her next.
(b) She knows her mother is responsible for Santiago's death.
(c) She is afraid the narrator will blame her for Santiago's death.
(d) She is guilty and overcome by Santiago's death.
4. Bayardo's statement, "Well, here I am," suggests:
(a) That he is now ready to hear her explanations.
(b) That he has been there all along.
(c) That he knows what Angela wants and has forgiven her.
(d) That he has come to confront her about her behavior.
5. The Vicario family:
(a) Leaves the town, plotting to return and help the brothers escape.
(b) Guards the prisoners in prison with shotguns.
(c) Gives the mayor a bribe to help them escape the town.
(d) Leaves the town, never to return.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the midst of all of Santiago's innards the priest found:
2. The narrator is lured away from his friends by Maria Alejandrina Cervantes, who is described as:
3. A word that might describe how the twins feel in this situation is:
4. The Nasar's house was crowded because:
5. Santiago Nasar's pure white linen suit suggests:
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)