|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Father Amador fails to warn Santiago or his mother of the murder plot because:
(a) He is afraid of the Vicario twins' revenge if he should warn Santiago.
(b) He does not really believe any harm will come to Santiago.
(c) He is late for the bishop's visit and decides against visiting Santiago's house.
(d) He is distracted by the bishop's visit and forgets.
2. Pedro Vicario's guilt manifests itself in what way?
(a) He refuses to eat for eleven months after the murder.
(b) He cannot control his bladder.
(c) He refuses to marry his fiance.
(d) He was awake for eleven months after the murder.
3. The Vicario family:
(a) Leaves the town, plotting to return and help the brothers escape.
(b) Gives the mayor a bribe to help them escape the town.
(c) Guards the prisoners in prison with shotguns.
(d) Leaves the town, never to return.
4. A word that might describe how the twins feel in this situation is:
5. The purple blotch that appears on Santiago's face is described as:
(a) The shadow of a guilty conscience.
(b) A birthmark.
(c) A mark of sin.
(d) The shadow of a cloud on water.
Short Answer Questions
1. The priest describes the autopsy as:
2. Victoria Guzman calls Santiago Nasar "white man," because he is partly white, but this also might suggest:
3. The mayor's asks the priest to perform the autopsy instead of a medically trained person because:
4. The Arab community in the novel is described as:
5. Bayardo's suitcase full of unopened letters suggests:
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)