|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Luis Enrique is unable to tell his family what he saw at the milk shop because:
(a) He was too terrified to repeat it.
(b) He passed out when he got home.
(c) He thought they were all asleep.
(d) He does not understand what he saw.
2. Father Amador fails to warn Santiago or his mother of the murder plot because:
(a) He is late for the bishop's visit and decides against visiting Santiago's house.
(b) He is afraid of the Vicario twins' revenge if he should warn Santiago.
(c) He is distracted by the bishop's visit and forgets.
(d) He does not really believe any harm will come to Santiago.
3. The narrator is lured away from his friends by Maria Alejandrina Cervantes, who is described as:
(a) A cat woman.
(b) A warlike crane.
(c) An insomniac falcon.
(d) An insomniac leopard.
4. The priest laments that a brilliant future was cut short for Santiago because:
(a) His brain was larger than the average Englishman's.
(b) His heart was enlarged in his chest.
(c) He had so many admirers.
(d) His brain was left untouched by the autopsy.
5. The Arab community in the novel is described as:
(a) Lazy, stubborn, and combustive.
(b) Hard-working, vengeful, and divisive.
(c) Lazy, clannish, and peaceful.
(d) Hard-working, clannish, and peaceful.
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator suspects that the San Roman family's excessive show of grief:
2. Why does Father Carmen Amador perform Santiago's autopsy?
3. The narrator does not believe Santiago had a guilty conscience that night because:
4. The juxtaposition of Santiago's massacred body and his elaborate coffin suggests:
5. Officer Leandro Pornoy, who visited with the twins at Clothilde Armenta's:
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)