|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Poncio and Pedro Vicario are:
2. To intimidate Santiago Nasar on the morning of his murder, what does Victoria Guzman do?
(a) Violently guts rabbits in front of him.
(b) Hires the Vicario twins to threaten him.
(c) Burns him with his coffee.
(d) Threatens to tell Santiago's mother what he has been up to.
3. People like San Roman because:
(a) He is capable and religious.
(b) Has access to endless resources.
(c) He is honest and has a good heart.
(d) He is swimming in gold.
4. Bayardo's talk about money and his show of excess at the wedding indicate that he appears to value:
(a) What makes others happy.
(b) What cannot be purchased with money.
(c) What money can buy him.
(d) What others have.
5. How does the narrator describe Angela's face during the wedding party?
(a) She is extremely frightened.
(b) She looks offended by the excess.
(c) She now has the look of a trapped animal.
(d) She now has the face of a married woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Angela's feelings toward Bayardo San Roman might be described as:
2. Angela Vicario's brothers want to kill Santiago because:
3. The excesses surrounding the wedding suggest:
4. The narrator has a hard time believing Santiago was Angela's seducer because:
5. The twins did not try to convince Angela to marry Bayardo San Roman because:
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the narrator describe his mother?
2. Describe the Arab community's reaction to Santiago's death.
3. What evident contrast does the twins' attitude toward the murder do we see reflected in the townspeople?
4. Most of the characters affected negatively by Santiago Nasar's death were whom?
5. What do Santiago's regal bearing and wiping the dirt off of his clothes in his final moments suggest?
6. Why do we learn about Bayardo San Roman from the narrator's mother?
7. What is suggested by the phrase, "My sister felt the angel pass by?"
8. The fact that people are simultaneously celebrating the bishop's visit and condemning Santiago Nasar to death suggests what about the town and its beliefs?
9. What does Bayardo San Roman's treatment of Pura Vicario suggest about his character?
10. How do the motifs of selfishness and self-interest affect the events of the chapter.
This section contains 969 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)