|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The widower Xius' house and his possessions are symbolic of what?
(a) His values and his memories.
(b) His refusal to deal with aging.
(c) His inability to move on in his life.
(d) His religious beliefs.
2. Santiago Nasar's main concern at the wedding was:
(a) Figuring out what the groom's real motives were.
(b) Avoiding Anglea Vicario.
(c) Trying to stay out of the groom's sight.
(d) Figuring out how much money had been spent.
3. Santiago felt completely covered in bird droppings when he woke. What might that suggest?
(a) A fear of birds.
(b) Good luck.
(c) A need to move to another town.
(d) A negative outcome for his day.
4. Bayardo San Roman has "a way of speaking that...":
(a) ...Conveyed urgency.
(b) ...Did not allow him to be known at first sight.
(c) ...Disguised what he had come to town for.
(d) ...Served to conceal rather than reveal.
5. Victoria Guzman distrusts Santiago because:
(a) She is afraid he will try to marry her daughter, Divina Flor.
(b) She knows he will take advantage of her daughter, Divina Flor.
(c) She thinks he seduced Angela Vicario.
(d) She knows he is not a good businessman.
6. What significant event happens for the narrator at the wedding?
(a) He overhears the brothers' plot to kill Santiago.
(b) He reveals Angela and Santiago's affair.
(c) He proposes to Bayardo's sister.
(d) He proposes to Mercedes Barcha.
7. The twins did not try to convince Angela to marry Bayardo San Roman because:
(a) They said it looked to them like women problems.
(b) They were not convinced the wedding would take place.
(c) They thought women should be allowed to make up their own minds.
(d) They felt it was a matter of her honor.
8. Santiago has learned to be careful with a gun because:
(a) A servant accidentally fired a gun in his childhood, causing great destruction.
(b) He sleeps with a gun beneath his pillow and does not want it to go off accidentally.
(c) He shot a gun as a child and caused great destruction.
(d) His mother always forced him to keep the bullets separate.
9. The widower Xius does not want to sell his house or the belongings inside of it because:
(a) It all has sentimental value for him.
(b) He does not respect Bayardo San Roman.
(c) He can not get enough money for his possessions.
(d) It is all part of a vast collection he does not want to break up.
10. Divina Flor claims she did not warn Santiago about the murder plot against him because:
(a) She thought Santiago was already a ghost because his touch was cold.
(b) She thought the murder plot was a joke.
(c) She was afraid of her mother that morning.
(d) She was only a child, incapable of making her own decisions.
11. People like San Roman because:
(a) He is capable and religious.
(b) He is honest and has a good heart.
(c) He is swimming in gold.
(d) Has access to endless resources.
12. Bayardo's gift of the music box causes her parents concern about the nature of their daughter's relationship, which is an example of:
(a) Character foil.
13. Why does Placida Linero believe that the bishop won't get off the boat?
(a) He hates the town.
(b) He is afraid of the Vicario brothers.
(c) He has other towns to visit.
(d) He knows about the murder plot.
14. The twins who planned to murder Santiago were named:
(a) Santiaga and Clotilde Armenta.
(b) Juan and Poncio Vicario.
(c) Pedro and Pablo Vicario.
(d) Victoria and Divina Guzman.
15. What events foreshadow an unusual evening for the wedding guests?
(a) The bishop's boat comes through town.
(b) The narrator's father plays violin, and his sister, the nun, dances.
(c) The narrator's mother does not forsee Santiago's murder.
(d) The narrator and his friends argue.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of the chapter, Santiago is compared to:
2. Angela Vicario's brothers want to kill Santiago because:
3. Pura Vicario believes her daughters will make excellent wives because:
4. The white linen clothes Santiago wears on the day of his death make him look:
5. Pura Vicario knows bad news is coming because of what?
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)