Short Answer Questions Key
1. The story begins as Santiago Nasar:
Wakes up in the morning.
2. Santiago felt completely covered in bird droppings when he woke. What might that suggest?
A negative outcome for his day.
3. The white linen clothes Santiago wears on the day of his death make him look:
Like a ghost.
4. Why can't Santiago stand starch in his clothes?
His skin is too sensitive for it.
5. What might Santiago's dreams of trees symbolize?
The dreams seem to indicate feelings of guilt and inadequacy.
This section contains 6,962 words
(approx. 24 pages at 300 words per page)