|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The twins are not worried about Santiago carrying a gun because:
(a) Everyone knows he only carries one when riding.
(b) Everyone knows he never learned to shoot.
(c) He claimed only cowards carried guns.
(d) Feared all firearms.
2. Pedro Vicario's guilt manifests itself in what way?
(a) He refuses to eat for eleven months after the murder.
(b) He refuses to marry his fiance.
(c) He was awake for eleven months after the murder.
(d) He cannot control his bladder.
3. Angela is frightened that:
(a) Bayardo may not feel enough love for her to forgive her aging.
(b) Bayardo has come to force her to confess.
(c) Bayardo will still be angry after seventeen years.
(d) Her mother will come and frighten him away.
4. Santiago Nasar insists on returning home for an hour so that:
(a) He can avoid the Vicario twins.
(b) He can have coffee with Victoria Guzman.
(c) He can sleep for an hour before the bishop arrived.
(d) He can reassure his mother of his safety.
5. The white linen clothes Santiago wears on the day of his death make him look:
(a) Like he never went to bed.
(b) Like a ghost.
(c) Like a bride.
(d) Like he is wearing pajamas.
Short Answer Questions
1. When he appears at her house, Flora Miguel gives Santiago:
2. Who persuades the twins to wait until after the bishop's visit to kill Santiago?
3. When Clothilde Armenta says "That day I realized just how alone we women are in the world," she implies:
4. Why can't Santiago stand starch in his clothes?
5. Ironically, the matriarch of the Arab community was responsible for:
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)