|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ironically, the matriarch of the Arab community was responsible for:
(a) Assuaging the twins' guilt.
(b) Carrying out the revenge against the twins.
(c) Providing the twins with a place to stay.
(d) Curing the Vicario twins' illnesses.
2. Santiago's house is made out of a former:
(d) Import store.
3. Luisa Santiaga assumes that the noise in the streets is caused by:
(a) The wedding party starting up again.
(b) Santiago's murder.
(c) The bishop's arrival.
(d) The roosters crowing at the dock.
4. The twins were transferred to:
(a) Santiago Nasar's house.
(b) The mayor's house.
(c) Their mother's house.
(d) The school auditorium.
5. When the others in the meat market complain of hangovers or of missing the cake at the wedding, how do the twins reply?
(a) We just came to sharpen our knives.
(b) Everybody knows that, you dope.
(c) When you sacrifice a steer, you don't look into its eyes.
(d) We're going to kill Santiago Nasar.
Short Answer Questions
1. Santiago Nasar insists on returning home for an hour so that:
2. Because Angela's unanswered letters make her feel like she is writing to no one:
3. Santiago felt completely covered in bird droppings when he woke. What might that suggest?
4. The widower Xius does not want to sell his house or the belongings inside of it because:
5. Victoria Guzman calls Santiago Nasar "white man," because he is partly white, but this also might suggest:
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)