|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is ironic about Placida Linero's comment that all dreams about birds mean good health?
(a) Santiago has a headache on this particular morning.
(b) This morning's dream foretells Santiago's death.
(c) Santiago is allergic to birds.
(d) This morning's dream foretold an illness for Santiago.
2. Who persuades the twins to wait until after the bishop's visit to kill Santiago?
(a) Divina Flor.
(b) Placida Linero.
(c) Clotilde Armenta.
(d) Victoria Guzman.
3. The magistrate's notes were written in red ink, which the narrator claims resembles blood, suggesting:
(a) Santiago was a sacrifice for some other sin or wrongdoing.
(b) The magistrate was fully committed to the case.
(c) The magistrate had betrayed Santiago in some way.
(d) Santiago's blood was used as ink for symbolic purposes.
4. Ironically, the priest had to use what implements to perform the autopsy?
(b) Garden tools.
(c) Kitchen utensils.
(d) Craftsmen's tools.
5. Santiago felt completely covered in bird droppings when he woke. What might that suggest?
(a) A fear of birds.
(b) A negative outcome for his day.
(c) A need to move to another town.
(d) Good luck.
Short Answer Questions
1. The mayor's asks the priest to perform the autopsy instead of a medically trained person because:
2. When the others in the meat market complain of hangovers or of missing the cake at the wedding, how do the twins reply?
3. The emotion Angela Vicario most clearly expresses when all is revealed is:
4. Santiago's reaction to the news that the twins wanted to murder him implies
5. Angela is frightened that:
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)