|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Santiago Nasar's tendency to disguise the girls' identities might suggest that:
(a) He wants to confuse the girls so no one remembers him.
(b) He wants women to forget themselves or their inhibitions in bed.
(c) He tries to create confusion for others to disguise his own actions.
(d) He wants to make Maria Alejandrina Cervantes jealous.
2. The townspeople consoled themselves about the murder by telling themselves:
(a) It was a matter for God to decide.
(b) It was a private matter of honor.
(c) They needed to go on with their lives.
(d) It was over so quickly they could not have done anything about it.
3. The twins did not try to convince Angela to marry Bayardo San Roman because:
(a) They were not convinced the wedding would take place.
(b) They felt it was a matter of her honor.
(c) They thought women should be allowed to make up their own minds.
(d) They said it looked to them like women problems.
4. The twins had to carry out the murder plot because they felt:
(a) Ashamed of their family.
(b) Outraged at Santiago's behavior.
(c) It was the only way to show their manliness.
(d) It was their duty.
5. The engagement of Angela Vicario and Bayardo San Roman was shorter than the norm because:
(a) The groom was afraid the bride would change her mind.
(b) The bride's family was afraid the groom would learn the truth.
(c) The town wanted a big wedding.
(d) The groom was extremely urgent about the wedding.
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator suspects that the San Roman family's excessive show of grief:
2. After Santiago's death, Placida Linero consoles herself by looking over the balcony at what?
3. Santiago has learned to be careful with a gun because:
4. The narrator's dream about the voracious child, on the heels of his thought on Santiago's horrific death, might suggest:
5. The Poncio twins lifting their sister by the waist and demanding an answer from her suggests what about her character?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)