|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Luisa Santiaga assumes that the noise in the streets is caused by:
(a) The bishop's arrival.
(b) The roosters crowing at the dock.
(c) Santiago's murder.
(d) The wedding party starting up again.
2. The priest laments that a brilliant future was cut short for Santiago because:
(a) He had so many admirers.
(b) His brain was left untouched by the autopsy.
(c) His heart was enlarged in his chest.
(d) His brain was larger than the average Englishman's.
3. People like San Roman because:
(a) He is swimming in gold.
(b) Has access to endless resources.
(c) He is honest and has a good heart.
(d) He is capable and religious.
4. Bayardo San Roman is described as:
(a) Around twenty-five, with one failed marriage, and snobby parents.
(b) Around thirty years old, with tan skin and golden eyes.
(c) Around forty, with silver hair and pale skin.
(d) Around twenty-one, with his own fortune, and a good name.
5. The white linen clothes Santiago wears on the day of his death make him look:
(a) Like a bride.
(b) Like he never went to bed.
(c) Like a ghost.
(d) Like he is wearing pajamas.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bayardo's suitcase full of unopened letters suggests:
2. Clothilde Armenta correctly assumes that:
3. Maria Alejandrina Cervantes' house appears to be:
4. Bayardo San Roman has "a way of speaking that...":
5. Santiago's autopsy has to be performed in a hurry because:
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)