|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Clearly the Vicario brothers:
(a) Know what they have done is against the law, but feel justified.
(b) Disregard the law whenever it suits them.
(c) Plan to escape punishment by claiming they acted in defense of honor.
(d) Don't know if they have killed the right person.
2. The narrator does not believe Santiago had a guilty conscience that night because:
(a) He continued to court Angela Vicario.
(b) His manner was carefree and celbratory.
(c) He refused to go to the widower Xius's house.
(d) He challenged anyone who did not believe him to a fight.
3. Another event that adds to the mystery of Bayardo San Roman is that:
(a) He is two hours late for his own wedding.
(b) He is nowhere to be found on his wedding day.
(c) He returns Angela to her home.
(d) He is cold and aloof toward Angela.
4. Faustino Santos, the twins' friend, reports their claim to:
(a) Poncio Vicario, the twins' father.
(b) Victoria Guzman, the cook.
(c) Leandro Pornoy, a police officer.
(d) Don Rogelio de la Flor, Clothilde Armenta's husband.
5. The repeated mention of Victoria Guzman watching over the coffee pot and gutting animals connotes which popular image?
(a) A veterinarian.
(b) A witch.
(c) A fortune teller.
(d) A teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. Angela is frightened that:
2. The narrator last sees Santiago Nasar walking along the river with:
3. Santiago is joined at the pier by the narrator and which two others?
4. What might Santiago's dreams of trees symbolize?
5. Santiago's statement about his own wedding is ironic because:
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)