|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Angela's feelings toward Bayardo San Roman might be described as:
(a) Fearful and concerned.
(b) Contemptuous and resentful.
(c) Curious and excited.
(d) Bashful and withdrawn.
2. The narrator believes Angela Vicario has always exhibited:
(a) A boldness unbecoming to a lady.
(b) A weakness of spirit and an air of helplessness.
(c) A poverty of morals and a reckless nature.
(d) A desperation men found stifling.
3. The excesses surrounding the wedding suggest:
(a) A desire to hide unhappiness in material things.
(b) A desperate attempt to hide Angela's unhappiness.
(c) A need for the family to impress others.
(d) A disregard for others' safety.
4. Clotilde Armenta allowed the twins to wait for Santiago in:
(a) Her home.
(b) Her milk shop.
(c) Her dress shop.
(d) Her tavern.
5. How does the narrator describe Angela's face during the wedding party?
(a) She looks offended by the excess.
(b) She is extremely frightened.
(c) She now has the look of a trapped animal.
(d) She now has the face of a married woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator's dream about the voracious child, on the heels of his thought on Santiago's horrific death, might suggest:
2. Pura Vicario knows bad news is coming because of what?
3. The narrator describes San Roman as:
4. The white linen clothes Santiago wears on the day of his death make him look:
5. Though Bayardo has aged in many ways, Angela says she sees him:
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)