|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The white linen clothes Santiago wears on the day of his death make him look:
(a) Like he is wearing pajamas.
(b) Like he never went to bed.
(c) Like a bride.
(d) Like a ghost.
2. Maria Alejandrina Cervantes never goes to bed with anyone else in Santiago's presence because:
(a) She believes he will seek revenge if she does.
(b) She retired after their affair ended.
(c) She wants to show her respect for him.
(d) She has never gotten over her love for him.
3. Santiago objects to Victoria's actions toward the rabbits because:
(a) She wastes the meat instead of cooking it.
(b) He does not believe in killing defenseless animals.
(c) She guts them savagely and feeds the guts to the dogs.
(d) He believes they are as precious as human beings.
4. Bayardo San Roman is described as:
(a) Around thirty years old, with tan skin and golden eyes.
(b) Around forty, with silver hair and pale skin.
(c) Around twenty-five, with one failed marriage, and snobby parents.
(d) Around twenty-one, with his own fortune, and a good name.
5. Bayardo's talk about money and his show of excess at the wedding indicate that he appears to value:
(a) What others have.
(b) What cannot be purchased with money.
(c) What makes others happy.
(d) What money can buy him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Santiago's departure from his house on the morning of his death was unusual because:
2. The Nasar's house was crowded because:
3. Santiago's autopsy has to be performed in a hurry because:
4. Ironically, the Vicario brothers were engaged in what activity when they were called home?
5. Pablo, the younger twin, finally has to convince his brother to kill Santiago, perhaps because:
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)