|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pura Vicario dresses her daughter in red and wraps her face in a cloth, which suggests:
(a) Pura Vicario is in mourning.
(b) Mourning has no place in the Vicario family.
(c) Appearances are important in the Vicario family.
(d) Pura Vicario has plans to abandon her daughter in the streets.
2. Bayardo's statement, "Well, here I am," suggests:
(a) That he knows what Angela wants and has forgiven her.
(b) That he has been there all along.
(c) That he is now ready to hear her explanations.
(d) That he has come to confront her about her behavior.
3. Poncio Vicario's death is attributed to his "moral pain," which suggests:
(a) He suffered a painful illness due to his blindness.
(b) He knows the murder of Santiago Nasar was not right.
(c) He regrets not killing Santiago Nasar himself.
(d) He regrets his sons' prison sentences.
4. The repeated mention of Victoria Guzman watching over the coffee pot and gutting animals connotes which popular image?
(a) A fortune teller.
(b) A veterinarian.
(c) A witch.
(d) A teacher.
5. Despite her fear of Santiago, what does Divina Flor do that might help him the morning of his death?
(a) She gives him the warning someone slipped beneath the door.
(b) She asks her mother to help him.
(c) She leaves the front door unlocked.
(d) She warns Placida Linero of the murder plot.
Short Answer Questions
1. Santiago felt completely covered in bird droppings when he woke. What might that suggest?
2. The Colonel treats the twins like:
3. Colonel Lazaro Aponte:
4. The widower Xius does not want to sell his house or the belongings inside of it because:
5. Father Amador fails to warn Santiago or his mother of the murder plot because:
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)