|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Clothilde Armenta says "That day I realized just how alone we women are in the world," she implies:
(a) That women are often responsible for restoring order by calming the passions of men.
(b) That men can never be found at home when they are needed.
(c) That women are ruled by reason while men are ruled by passions.
(d) That women are always being deserted by men in pursuit of honor.
2. Angela's feelings toward Bayardo San Roman might be described as:
(a) Fearful and concerned.
(b) Curious and excited.
(c) Bashful and withdrawn.
(d) Contemptuous and resentful.
3. Santiago's statement about his own wedding is ironic because:
(a) He claims life will be too short to tell others about it.
(b) He claims his wedding will be the biggest the town has ever seen.
(c) His wedding was a small, simple affair.
(d) He never plans to marry.
4. The twins did not try to convince Angela to marry Bayardo San Roman because:
(a) They said it looked to them like women problems.
(b) They were not convinced the wedding would take place.
(c) They thought women should be allowed to make up their own minds.
(d) They felt it was a matter of her honor.
5. The white linen clothes Santiago wears on the day of his death make him look:
(a) Like he is wearing pajamas.
(b) Like a bride.
(c) Like a ghost.
(d) Like he never went to bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Margo insists that Santiago:
2. Another event that adds to the mystery of Bayardo San Roman is that:
3. The Nasar's house was crowded because:
4. Luisa Santiaga is torn in her loyalties because:
5. The dogs panting after Santiago's innards as his body lay in his mother's house might represent:
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)