|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pura Vicario's silent beating of her daughter suggests:
(a) She has no power of her own.
(b) She doesn't want anyone else in the family to learn about Angela.
(c) She has conflicting duties as disciplinarian and protector of the family.
(d) She is so angry she has no words for Angela.
2. To intimidate Santiago Nasar on the morning of his murder, what does Victoria Guzman do?
(a) Violently guts rabbits in front of him.
(b) Burns him with his coffee.
(c) Threatens to tell Santiago's mother what he has been up to.
(d) Hires the Vicario twins to threaten him.
3. The story begins as Santiago Nasar:
(a) Says goodbye to his mother for the last time.
(b) Wakes up in the morning.
(c) Dies in the street.
(d) Walks home from the wedding.
4. Bayardo San Roman is described as:
(a) Around thirty years old, with tan skin and golden eyes.
(b) Around forty, with silver hair and pale skin.
(c) Around twenty-five, with one failed marriage, and snobby parents.
(d) Around twenty-one, with his own fortune, and a good name.
5. Pura Vicario believes her daughters will make excellent wives because:
(a) They have been raised to suffer.
(b) They are not confident enough to pursue their own goals.
(c) They have been raised to serve men.
(d) They are not interested in their individuality.
Short Answer Questions
1. Santiago Nasar's tendency to disguise the girls' identities might suggest that:
2. The excesses surrounding the wedding suggest:
3. Santiago felt completely covered in bird droppings when he woke. What might that suggest?
4. Colonel Lazaro Aponte:
5. The bishop's refusal to stop in the village suggests what?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)