|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The twins' actions seem to result from:
(a) A sense of compassion, but not a sense of duty.
(b) A sense of duty, but not a sense of pride.
(c) A sense of honor, but not bloodthirstiness.
(d) A senes of bloodthirstiness, but not a sense of pride.
2. The bishop's refusal to stop in the village suggests what?
(a) The town was not in need of help.
(b) The bishop knows of the murder plot.
(c) No one in authority cared about the town or its inhabitants.
(d) The bishop, and therefore God, has neglected the town.
3. Clearly the Vicario brothers:
(a) Don't know if they have killed the right person.
(b) Plan to escape punishment by claiming they acted in defense of honor.
(c) Disregard the law whenever it suits them.
(d) Know what they have done is against the law, but feel justified.
4. Poncio and Pedro Vicario are:
5. The narrator describes San Roman as:
(a) Jubilant and handsome.
(b) Tense and sad.
(c) Mysterious and evil.
(d) Confident and enthusiastic.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Colonel treats the twins like:
2. Who persuades the twins to wait until after the bishop's visit to kill Santiago?
3. Maria Alejandrina Cervantes refuses to believe that the twins came to her place looking for Santiago because:
4. Maria Alejandrina Cervantes never goes to bed with anyone else in Santiago's presence because:
5. Bayardo's gift of the music box causes her parents concern about the nature of their daughter's relationship, which is an example of:
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)