|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Victoria Guzman calls Santiago Nasar "white man," because he is partly white, but this also might suggest:
(a) His innocence.
(b) His prejudice against the townspeople.
(c) Her hatred of his wealth and priveledge.
(d) Her fear of him as different than herself.
2. How does the narrator describe Angela's face during the wedding party?
(a) She now has the face of a married woman.
(b) She looks offended by the excess.
(c) She is extremely frightened.
(d) She now has the look of a trapped animal.
3. Santiago Nasar insists on returning home for an hour so that:
(a) He can sleep for an hour before the bishop arrived.
(b) He can have coffee with Victoria Guzman.
(c) He can avoid the Vicario twins.
(d) He can reassure his mother of his safety.
4. The repeated mention of Victoria Guzman watching over the coffee pot and gutting animals connotes which popular image?
(a) A teacher.
(b) A fortune teller.
(c) A veterinarian.
(d) A witch.
5. Santiago has learned to be careful with a gun because:
(a) He shot a gun as a child and caused great destruction.
(b) A servant accidentally fired a gun in his childhood, causing great destruction.
(c) He sleeps with a gun beneath his pillow and does not want it to go off accidentally.
(d) His mother always forced him to keep the bullets separate.
Short Answer Questions
1. The engagement of Angela Vicario and Bayardo San Roman was shorter than the norm because:
2. When the others in the meat market complain of hangovers or of missing the cake at the wedding, how do the twins reply?
3. Bayardo San Roman is described as:
4. The emotion Angela Vicario most clearly expresses when all is revealed is:
5. What does the author call some of the events that led to Santiago's death?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)