|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What interrupts Santiago's breakfast?
(a) The Vicario twins at the front door.
(b) The threats from Victoria Guzman.
(c) The bishop's steamboat whistle.
(d) A warning from Luisa Santiaga.
2. Bayardo's talk about money and his show of excess at the wedding indicate that he appears to value:
(a) What others have.
(b) What money can buy him.
(c) What cannot be purchased with money.
(d) What makes others happy.
3. At the end of the chapter, Santiago is compared to:
(a) A well-aimed dart.
(b) A butterfly with no will of its own.
(c) A dead man.
(d) A name among the shadows.
4. Clotilde Armenta allowed the twins to wait for Santiago in:
(a) Her tavern.
(b) Her milk shop.
(c) Her home.
(d) Her dress shop.
5. Santiago has learned to be careful with a gun because:
(a) A servant accidentally fired a gun in his childhood, causing great destruction.
(b) He shot a gun as a child and caused great destruction.
(c) His mother always forced him to keep the bullets separate.
(d) He sleeps with a gun beneath his pillow and does not want it to go off accidentally.
Short Answer Questions
1. Santiago felt completely covered in bird droppings when he woke. What might that suggest?
2. Pura Vicario's silent beating of her daughter suggests:
3. Colonel Lazaro Aponte:
4. Despite her fear of Santiago, what does Divina Flor do that might help him the morning of his death?
5. Pablo, the younger twin, finally has to convince his brother to kill Santiago, perhaps because:
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)