|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Angela's appearance when she arrives at home suggests:
(a) She refused to leave the wedding party.
(b) She behaved badly and was punished.
(c) She tried to escape him and he caught her.
(d) She physically fought with Bayardo San Roman, or he beat her.
2. The narrator's sister Margot describes Santiago as:
(a) Handsome, a man of his word, and with a fortune of his own.
(b) Dreamy, distracted, and brooding.
(c) Happy, a man who had satisfaction, and flirtatious.
(d) Enthusiastic, a man of great fortune, and impressive.
3. Ironically, the Vicario brothers were engaged in what activity when they were called home?
(a) They were singing sad songs at the wedding.
(b) They were sharpening their butchering knives.
(c) They were at a brothel with Santiago Nasar.
(d) They were drinking at Clotilde Armenta's
4. Why does Placida Linero believe that the bishop won't get off the boat?
(a) He has other towns to visit.
(b) He knows about the murder plot.
(c) He is afraid of the Vicario brothers.
(d) He hates the town.
5. The narrator has a hard time believing Santiago was Angela's seducer because:
(a) He thinks Santiago was in love with someone else.
(b) Santiago has a strict religious upbringing.
(c) He was best friends with Santiago and knew all his secrets.
(d) He knows there was a feud between the Nasars and the Vicarios.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is ironic about Placida Linero's comment that all dreams about birds mean good health?
2. Pura Vicario believes her daughters will make excellent wives because:
3. The widower Xius' house and his possessions are symbolic of what?
4. Santiago objects to Victoria's actions toward the rabbits because:
5. Santiago has learned to be careful with a gun because:
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)