|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The narrator's sister Margot describes Santiago as:
(a) Enthusiastic, a man of great fortune, and impressive.
(b) Handsome, a man of his word, and with a fortune of his own.
(c) Happy, a man who had satisfaction, and flirtatious.
(d) Dreamy, distracted, and brooding.
2. What interrupts Santiago's breakfast?
(a) The bishop's steamboat whistle.
(b) A warning from Luisa Santiaga.
(c) The Vicario twins at the front door.
(d) The threats from Victoria Guzman.
3. Angela's father sits amidst the confusion of the wedding helpless and blind, which suggests:
(a) He is losing his mind.
(b) He opposes his daughter's marriage.
(c) He refuses to see Angela as a grown woman.
(d) He is unprepared and powerless in these events.
4. Maria Alejandrina Cervantes' house appears to be:
(a) A boarding house.
(b) A brothel.
(c) A sweatshop.
(d) A restaurant.
5. Bayardo San Roman returns his bride to her parents because:
(a) She does not love him.
(b) She is not a virgin.
(c) She has no inheritance.
(d) She confesses to love another.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Placida Linero believe that the bishop won't get off the boat?
2. Santiago has learned to be careful with a gun because:
3. The Poncio twins lifting their sister by the waist and demanding an answer from her suggests what about her character?
4. The twins who planned to murder Santiago were named:
5. All of the Vicario children had been raised to:
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)