|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is ironic about Placida Linero's comment that all dreams about birds mean good health?
(a) This morning's dream foretold an illness for Santiago.
(b) This morning's dream foretells Santiago's death.
(c) Santiago has a headache on this particular morning.
(d) Santiago is allergic to birds.
2. Why does Placida Linero believe that the bishop won't get off the boat?
(a) He hates the town.
(b) He has other towns to visit.
(c) He is afraid of the Vicario brothers.
(d) He knows about the murder plot.
3. What might Santiago's dreams of trees symbolize?
(a) The dreams seem to indicate feelings of guilt and inadequacy.
(b) The dreams seem to indicate a new love for Santiago.
(c) The dreams seem to indicate a fear of heights.
(d) The dreams seem to indicate delight over a secret.
4. Why can't Santiago stand starch in his clothes?
(a) He doesn't want to look stiff.
(b) His skin is too sensitive for it.
(c) He thinks starch is for girls.
(d) It makes his clothes look dirty.
5. At the end of the chapter, Santiago is compared to:
(a) A butterfly with no will of its own.
(b) A dead man.
(c) A well-aimed dart.
(d) A name among the shadows.
Short Answer Questions
1. To intimidate Santiago Nasar on the morning of his murder, what does Victoria Guzman do?
2. Another event that adds to the mystery of Bayardo San Roman is that:
3. The narrator describes Angela Vicario as "the creature of [Bayardo's] torment," which suggests:
4. Clotilde Armenta allowed the twins to wait for Santiago in:
5. Angela Vicario's brothers insist that she:
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)