|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The widower Xius' house and his possessions are symbolic of what?
(a) His inability to move on in his life.
(b) His values and his memories.
(c) His religious beliefs.
(d) His refusal to deal with aging.
2. The narrator believes his mother should have known about the murder plot because:
(a) She predicted Santiago's life would end tragically.
(b) She always had news before anyone else in the house.
(c) She was close to Pedro and Pablo Vicario.
(d) She was a practicing mystic.
3. Santiago is joined at the pier by the narrator and which two others?
(a) Poncio and Pedro Vicario.
(b) Margot and Christo Bedoya.
(c) Carmen Amador and Cotilde Armenta.
(d) Pedro and Pablo Vicario.
4. Angela's father sits amidst the confusion of the wedding helpless and blind, which suggests:
(a) He opposes his daughter's marriage.
(b) He refuses to see Angela as a grown woman.
(c) He is unprepared and powerless in these events.
(d) He is losing his mind.
5. Santiago objects to Victoria's actions toward the rabbits because:
(a) She guts them savagely and feeds the guts to the dogs.
(b) He does not believe in killing defenseless animals.
(c) He believes they are as precious as human beings.
(d) She wastes the meat instead of cooking it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Victoria Guzman has reason to distrust Santiago because:
2. Poncio and Pedro Vicario are:
3. To intimidate Santiago Nasar on the morning of his murder, what does Victoria Guzman do?
4. Santiago's departure from his house on the morning of his death was unusual because:
5. The weather on the day of Santiago's death is described by the townspeople as:
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)