|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Margo insists that Santiago:
(a) Go home and rest.
(b) Join them at home for breakfast.
(c) Stay at his grandparents' house.
(d) Watch out for Pedro and Pablo Vicario.
2. Bayardo's gift of the music box causes her parents concern about the nature of their daughter's relationship, which is an example of:
(a) Character foil.
3. Pura Vicario's silent beating of her daughter suggests:
(a) She doesn't want anyone else in the family to learn about Angela.
(b) She is so angry she has no words for Angela.
(c) She has no power of her own.
(d) She has conflicting duties as disciplinarian and protector of the family.
4. To intimidate Santiago Nasar on the morning of his murder, what does Victoria Guzman do?
(a) Violently guts rabbits in front of him.
(b) Burns him with his coffee.
(c) Threatens to tell Santiago's mother what he has been up to.
(d) Hires the Vicario twins to threaten him.
5. What does Luisa Santiaga learn on her way to warn Placida Linero about the murder plot?
(a) She learns that Santiago Nasar is already dead.
(b) She learns that Placida Linero is already dead.
(c) She learns that Santiago is guilty of seducing Angela Vicario.
(d) She learns that Placida Linero has been dishonored.
Short Answer Questions
1. Santiago's departure from his house on the morning of his death was unusual because:
2. The narrator has a hard time believing Santiago was Angela's seducer because:
3. What significant event happens for the narrator at the wedding?
4. Santiago objects to Victoria's actions toward the rabbits because:
5. How does the narrator describe Angela's face during the wedding party?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)