|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Santiago's house is made out of a former:
(b) Import store.
2. After Santiago's death, Placida Linero consoles herself by looking over the balcony at what?
(a) The almond trees.
(b) Santiago's grave.
(c) The jailhouse.
(d) The town and the river.
3. What significant event happens for the narrator at the wedding?
(a) He overhears the brothers' plot to kill Santiago.
(b) He proposes to Mercedes Barcha.
(c) He reveals Angela and Santiago's affair.
(d) He proposes to Bayardo's sister.
4. The Poncio twins lifting their sister by the waist and demanding an answer from her suggests what about her character?
(a) She is likely to escape if not guarded.
(b) She is defiant and childlike.
(c) She is powerful, and they must subdue her.
(d) She is helpless and has no will of her own.
5. What does Luisa Santiaga learn on her way to warn Placida Linero about the murder plot?
(a) She learns that Placida Linero has been dishonored.
(b) She learns that Santiago Nasar is already dead.
(c) She learns that Santiago is guilty of seducing Angela Vicario.
(d) She learns that Placida Linero is already dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bayardo San Roman has "a way of speaking that...":
2. The white linen clothes Santiago wears on the day of his death make him look:
3. At the end of the chapter, Santiago is compared to:
4. Victoria Guzman has reason to distrust Santiago because:
5. The widower Xius' house and his possessions are symbolic of what?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)