|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Divina Flor claims she did not warn Santiago about the murder plot against him because:
(a) She was afraid of her mother that morning.
(b) She thought Santiago was already a ghost because his touch was cold.
(c) She thought the murder plot was a joke.
(d) She was only a child, incapable of making her own decisions.
2. Santiago's departure from his house on the morning of his death was unusual because:
(a) He left in his pajamas.
(b) He left through the front door, which was forbidden by his mother.
(c) He left through the front door, which was reserved for special occasions.
(d) He left so early in the morning.
3. The widower Xius' house and his possessions are symbolic of what?
(a) His inability to move on in his life.
(b) His religious beliefs.
(c) His values and his memories.
(d) His refusal to deal with aging.
4. Angela Vicario's brothers want to kill Santiago because:
(a) He spread rumors about Angela through the town.
(b) He refused to marry Angela.
(c) He told Angela's husband she was not a virgin.
(d) He stole their sister's virginity.
5. On the day of his death, why was Santiago was unarmed?
(a) He was superstitious about carrying a gun in front of the bishop.
(b) He had accidentally left his gun under his pillow.
(c) He was not wearing his ususal clothes with the gun on his belt.
(d) He promised his mother he would not carry a gun.
Short Answer Questions
1. All of the Vicario children had been raised to:
2. What interrupts Santiago's breakfast?
3. The narrator has a hard time believing Santiago was Angela's seducer because:
4. To intimidate Santiago Nasar on the morning of his murder, what does Victoria Guzman do?
5. Margo insists that Santiago:
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)