|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author call some of the events that led to Santiago's death?
(a) Fatal mistakes.
(b) Painful ironies.
(c) Fatal coincidences.
(d) Painful anomalies.
2. The narrator has a hard time believing Santiago was Angela's seducer because:
(a) He was best friends with Santiago and knew all his secrets.
(b) He thinks Santiago was in love with someone else.
(c) Santiago has a strict religious upbringing.
(d) He knows there was a feud between the Nasars and the Vicarios.
3. Angela Vicario's brothers want to kill Santiago because:
(a) He spread rumors about Angela through the town.
(b) He refused to marry Angela.
(c) He told Angela's husband she was not a virgin.
(d) He stole their sister's virginity.
4. Santiago Nasar's main concern at the wedding was:
(a) Trying to stay out of the groom's sight.
(b) Figuring out what the groom's real motives were.
(c) Figuring out how much money had been spent.
(d) Avoiding Anglea Vicario.
5. What events foreshadow an unusual evening for the wedding guests?
(a) The narrator's mother does not forsee Santiago's murder.
(b) The narrator's father plays violin, and his sister, the nun, dances.
(c) The narrator and his friends argue.
(d) The bishop's boat comes through town.
Short Answer Questions
1. Santiago's house is made out of a former:
2. The Poncio twins lifting their sister by the waist and demanding an answer from her suggests what about her character?
3. At the end of the chapter, Santiago is compared to:
4. Clotilde Armenta allowed the twins to wait for Santiago in:
5. Santiago has learned to be careful with a gun because:
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)