|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The white linen clothes Santiago wears on the day of his death make him look:
(a) Like a bride.
(b) Like he never went to bed.
(c) Like a ghost.
(d) Like he is wearing pajamas.
2. Angela Vicario's brothers want to kill Santiago because:
(a) He stole their sister's virginity.
(b) He refused to marry Angela.
(c) He told Angela's husband she was not a virgin.
(d) He spread rumors about Angela through the town.
3. After Santiago's death, Placida Linero consoles herself by looking over the balcony at what?
(a) The almond trees.
(b) Santiago's grave.
(c) The jailhouse.
(d) The town and the river.
4. Margo insists that Santiago:
(a) Stay at his grandparents' house.
(b) Join them at home for breakfast.
(c) Watch out for Pedro and Pablo Vicario.
(d) Go home and rest.
5. Clotilde Armenta allowed the twins to wait for Santiago in:
(a) Her tavern.
(b) Her home.
(c) Her milk shop.
(d) Her dress shop.
Short Answer Questions
1. On the day of his death, why was Santiago was unarmed?
2. What does Luisa Santiaga learn on her way to warn Placida Linero about the murder plot?
3. Santiago felt completely covered in bird droppings when he woke. What might that suggest?
4. The narrator's sister Margot describes Santiago as:
5. The narrator believes his mother should have known about the murder plot because:
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)