|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Santiago's statement about his own wedding is ironic because:
(a) He claims his wedding will be the biggest the town has ever seen.
(b) He claims life will be too short to tell others about it.
(c) He never plans to marry.
(d) His wedding was a small, simple affair.
2. What is ironic about Placida Linero's comment that all dreams about birds mean good health?
(a) Santiago is allergic to birds.
(b) This morning's dream foretold an illness for Santiago.
(c) This morning's dream foretells Santiago's death.
(d) Santiago has a headache on this particular morning.
3. Angela Vicario's brothers want to kill Santiago because:
(a) He told Angela's husband she was not a virgin.
(b) He spread rumors about Angela through the town.
(c) He stole their sister's virginity.
(d) He refused to marry Angela.
4. Who persuades the twins to wait until after the bishop's visit to kill Santiago?
(a) Divina Flor.
(b) Victoria Guzman.
(c) Clotilde Armenta.
(d) Placida Linero.
5. The narrator believes his mother should have known about the murder plot because:
(a) She predicted Santiago's life would end tragically.
(b) She always had news before anyone else in the house.
(c) She was close to Pedro and Pablo Vicario.
(d) She was a practicing mystic.
Short Answer Questions
1. The weather on the day of Santiago's death is described by the townspeople as:
2. The story begins as Santiago Nasar:
3. Margo insists that Santiago:
4. Why can't Santiago stand starch in his clothes?
5. The twins who planned to murder Santiago were named:
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)