|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Santiago felt completely covered in bird droppings when he woke. What might that suggest?
(a) Good luck.
(b) A need to move to another town.
(c) A negative outcome for his day.
(d) A fear of birds.
2. Santiago's departure from his house on the morning of his death was unusual because:
(a) He left through the front door, which was reserved for special occasions.
(b) He left through the front door, which was forbidden by his mother.
(c) He left so early in the morning.
(d) He left in his pajamas.
3. Divina Flor claims she did not warn Santiago about the murder plot against him because:
(a) She was only a child, incapable of making her own decisions.
(b) She thought the murder plot was a joke.
(c) She thought Santiago was already a ghost because his touch was cold.
(d) She was afraid of her mother that morning.
4. Victoria Guzman has reason to distrust Santiago because:
(a) Santiago's mother has warned Victoria about him.
(b) Victoria herself was his father's mistress.
(c) Santiago has told her his intentions.
(d) Santiago has attempted to seduce Victoria.
5. Santiago's statement about his own wedding is ironic because:
(a) He claims life will be too short to tell others about it.
(b) He never plans to marry.
(c) His wedding was a small, simple affair.
(d) He claims his wedding will be the biggest the town has ever seen.
Short Answer Questions
1. The twins who planned to murder Santiago were named:
2. Clotilde Armenta allowed the twins to wait for Santiago in:
3. What does Luisa Santiaga learn on her way to warn Placida Linero about the murder plot?
4. Luisa Santiaga assumes that the noise in the streets is caused by:
5. What noise does Divina Flor hear when Santiago leaves the house?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)