|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The bishop's refusal to stop in the village suggests what?
(a) The bishop knows of the murder plot.
(b) No one in authority cared about the town or its inhabitants.
(c) The bishop, and therefore God, has neglected the town.
(d) The town was not in need of help.
2. What interrupts Santiago's breakfast?
(a) The Vicario twins at the front door.
(b) The threats from Victoria Guzman.
(c) A warning from Luisa Santiaga.
(d) The bishop's steamboat whistle.
3. Angela Vicario's brothers want to kill Santiago because:
(a) He told Angela's husband she was not a virgin.
(b) He refused to marry Angela.
(c) He spread rumors about Angela through the town.
(d) He stole their sister's virginity.
4. Santiago objects to Victoria's actions toward the rabbits because:
(a) She wastes the meat instead of cooking it.
(b) He does not believe in killing defenseless animals.
(c) He believes they are as precious as human beings.
(d) She guts them savagely and feeds the guts to the dogs.
5. Santiago is joined at the pier by the narrator and which two others?
(a) Poncio and Pedro Vicario.
(b) Carmen Amador and Cotilde Armenta.
(c) Pedro and Pablo Vicario.
(d) Margot and Christo Bedoya.
Short Answer Questions
1. Victoria Guzman distrusts Santiago because:
2. The story begins as Santiago Nasar:
3. After Santiago's death, Placida Linero consoles herself by looking over the balcony at what?
4. The weather on the day of Santiago's death is described by the townspeople as:
5. Luisa Santiaga assumes that the noise in the streets is caused by:
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)