|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The twins were transferred to:
(a) The mayor's house.
(b) Santiago Nasar's house.
(c) The school auditorium.
(d) Their mother's house.
2. Colonel Lazaro Aponte:
(a) Takes the twins' knives away.
(b) Is tired of breaking up fights, and lets the matter go.
(c) Forgets all about the murder plot.
(d) Talks to the twins and decides they are bluffing.
3. Margo insists that Santiago:
(a) Join them at home for breakfast.
(b) Go home and rest.
(c) Stay at his grandparents' house.
(d) Watch out for Pedro and Pablo Vicario.
4. Though Bayardo has aged in many ways, Angela says she sees him:
(a) Just the same as he was on their wedding day.
(b) As she saw him the first time.
(c) With a greater love than ever before.
(d) As a happier man than she remembered.
5. Bayardo's talk about money and his show of excess at the wedding indicate that he appears to value:
(a) What makes others happy.
(b) What cannot be purchased with money.
(c) What money can buy him.
(d) What others have.
Short Answer Questions
1. Another contrast of values apparent in the chapter is:
2. The narrator reports that he found only 322 pages of the magistrate's 500 page report, which suggests:
3. When Christo Bedoya sees Placida Linero awake, the "spell" of her beauty is broken, which implies:
4. What is ironic about Placida Linero's comment that all dreams about birds mean good health?
5. The Vicario twins' behavior suggests:
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)