|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The white linen clothes Santiago wears on the day of his death make him look:
(a) Like a ghost.
(b) Like a bride.
(c) Like he is wearing pajamas.
(d) Like he never went to bed.
2. Santiago's mood as he leaves his home for the last time is described as:
(a) Merry, peaceful, and openhearted.
(b) Sick, angry, and mournful.
(c) Jubilant, energetic, and eager.
(d) Tired, disinterested, and bored.
3. Luisa Santiaga assumes that the noise in the streets is caused by:
(a) Santiago's murder.
(b) The roosters crowing at the dock.
(c) The wedding party starting up again.
(d) The bishop's arrival.
4. Bayardo's gift of the music box causes her parents concern about the nature of their daughter's relationship, which is an example of:
(c) Character foil.
5. After Santiago's death, Placida Linero consoles herself by looking over the balcony at what?
(a) The almond trees.
(b) Santiago's grave.
(c) The town and the river.
(d) The jailhouse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Maria Alejandrina Cervantes' house appears to be:
2. The narrator has a hard time believing Santiago was Angela's seducer because:
3. Santiago's departure from his house on the morning of his death was unusual because:
4. Bayardo San Roman returns his bride to her parents because:
5. The widower Xius' house and his possessions are symbolic of what?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)