|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Faustino Santos, the twins' friend, reports their claim to:
(a) Victoria Guzman, the cook.
(b) Don Rogelio de la Flor, Clothilde Armenta's husband.
(c) Poncio Vicario, the twins' father.
(d) Leandro Pornoy, a police officer.
2. Santiago's mood as he leaves his home for the last time is described as:
(a) Merry, peaceful, and openhearted.
(b) Tired, disinterested, and bored.
(c) Jubilant, energetic, and eager.
(d) Sick, angry, and mournful.
3. Despite her fear of Santiago, what does Divina Flor do that might help him the morning of his death?
(a) She gives him the warning someone slipped beneath the door.
(b) She leaves the front door unlocked.
(c) She asks her mother to help him.
(d) She warns Placida Linero of the murder plot.
4. The narrator believes Angela Vicario has always exhibited:
(a) A weakness of spirit and an air of helplessness.
(b) A boldness unbecoming to a lady.
(c) A poverty of morals and a reckless nature.
(d) A desperation men found stifling.
5. The story begins as Santiago Nasar:
(a) Wakes up in the morning.
(b) Says goodbye to his mother for the last time.
(c) Dies in the street.
(d) Walks home from the wedding.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator describe Angela's face during the wedding party?
2. Santiago's statement about his own wedding is ironic because:
3. The bishop's refusal to stop in the village suggests what?
4. The court that tries the Vicario twins decides:
5. Santiago felt completely covered in bird droppings when he woke. What might that suggest?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)