|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The repeated mention of Victoria Guzman watching over the coffee pot and gutting animals connotes which popular image?
(a) A veterinarian.
(b) A witch.
(c) A fortune teller.
(d) A teacher.
2. A word that might describe how the twins feel in this situation is:
3. The emotion Angela Vicario most clearly expresses when all is revealed is:
4. The twins had to carry out the murder plot because they felt:
(a) Ashamed of their family.
(b) It was the only way to show their manliness.
(c) It was their duty.
(d) Outraged at Santiago's behavior.
5. The court that tries the Vicario twins decides:
(a) They will be punished in the afterlife.
(b) They acted honorably in defense of their sister.
(c) They will both be hanged.
(d) They are mentally unfit to stand trial.
Short Answer Questions
1. What noise does Divina Flor hear when Santiago leaves the house?
2. Angela Vicario's brothers insist that she:
3. Santiago is joined at the pier by the narrator and which two others?
4. Why can't Santiago stand starch in his clothes?
5. The author differentiates between his sisters by calling them:
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)