|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The weather on the day of Santiago's death is described by the townspeople as:
2. The excesses surrounding the wedding suggest:
(a) A desire to hide unhappiness in material things.
(b) A desperate attempt to hide Angela's unhappiness.
(c) A need for the family to impress others.
(d) A disregard for others' safety.
3. The narrator is lured away from his friends by Maria Alejandrina Cervantes, who is described as:
(a) An insomniac leopard.
(b) An insomniac falcon.
(c) A warlike crane.
(d) A cat woman.
4. Why does Placida Linero believe that the bishop won't get off the boat?
(a) He hates the town.
(b) He is afraid of the Vicario brothers.
(c) He knows about the murder plot.
(d) He has other towns to visit.
5. The narrator last sees Santiago Nasar walking along the river with:
(a) Angela Vicario.
(b) The Vicario Twins.
(c) Christo Bedoya.
(d) Maria Alejandrina Cervantes.
Short Answer Questions
1. The engagement of Angela Vicario and Bayardo San Roman was shorter than the norm because:
2. The narrator believes Angela Vicario has always exhibited:
3. After Santiago's death, Placida Linero consoles herself by looking over the balcony at what?
4. Clearly the Vicario brothers:
5. Angela's father sits amidst the confusion of the wedding helpless and blind, which suggests:
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)