|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The excesses surrounding the wedding suggest:
(a) A disregard for others' safety.
(b) A desperate attempt to hide Angela's unhappiness.
(c) A desire to hide unhappiness in material things.
(d) A need for the family to impress others.
2. The Colonel treats the twins like:
(a) Naughty children.
(b) Hostile enemies.
(c) Worthless drunks.
(d) Worthy adversaries.
3. Santiago's mood as he leaves his home for the last time is described as:
(a) Merry, peaceful, and openhearted.
(b) Tired, disinterested, and bored.
(c) Jubilant, energetic, and eager.
(d) Sick, angry, and mournful.
4. The emotion Angela Vicario most clearly expresses when all is revealed is:
5. Angela Vicario's brothers want to kill Santiago because:
(a) He refused to marry Angela.
(b) He spread rumors about Angela through the town.
(c) He stole their sister's virginity.
(d) He told Angela's husband she was not a virgin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bayardo San Roman returns his bride to her parents because:
2. The narrator last sees Santiago Nasar walking along the river with:
3. Most of the concerns that keep people from acting on Santiago Nasar's behalf could be described as:
4. Another event that adds to the mystery of Bayardo San Roman is that:
5. The fact that the narrator does not remember rain on the day of the murder suggests:
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)