|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The mayor's asks the priest to perform the autopsy instead of a medically trained person because:
(a) He is trying to get his revenge on Santiago's family.
(b) He is too inexperienced to know how to perform the autopsy himself.
(c) He is too proud to admit he does not know how to proceed with the examination.
(d) He feels guilty for having failed to warn Santiago.
2. The serenade that took place at the widower Xius's house was intended to:
(a) Make sure Bayardo had not drunk himself to death.
(b) Rouse the newlyweds so the party could continue at their house.
(c) Show Bayardo San Roman who wronged his wife.
(d) Wake the newlyweds on their wedding night.
3. The narrator's recounting of Colonel Lazaro Aponte's mundane morning details reveals:
(a) The Colonel is more interested in his own concerns than in warning Santiago Nasar.
(b) The Colonel has not been warned about the murder plot either.
(c) The Colonel believes Santiago Nasar should die.
(d) The Colonel is far too distracted by the bishop's visit to warn Santiago Nasar.
4. Angela Vicario decides to write Bayardo San Roman after:
(a) He writes her first.
(b) He refuses to speak to her in public.
(c) She sees him pass by many years later.
(d) She finds out he still loves her.
5. When the narrator warns Santiago that "A falcon who chases a warlike crane can only hope for a life of pain," he suggests:
(a) That women scorned will seek revenge.
(b) That a man who pursues a woman whose business is love, he is destined to be hurt.
(c) That women will only lead to tragedy in the end.
(d) That a woman who profits from his love will only hurt him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bayardo San Roman returns his bride to her parents because:
2. Pedro Vicario's guilt manifests itself in what way?
3. The narrator believes Angela Vicario has always exhibited:
4. Angela's appearance when she arrives at home suggests:
5. Maria Alejandrina Cervantes never goes to bed with anyone else in Santiago's presence because:
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)