|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author differentiates between his sisters by calling them:
(a) My favorite sister and My other sister.
(b) My sister Margot and My sister the nun.
(c) My sister Margot and My sister Ignacia.
(d) My sister the spinster and My sister the nun.
2. The mayor's asks the priest to perform the autopsy instead of a medically trained person because:
(a) He is too inexperienced to know how to perform the autopsy himself.
(b) He is trying to get his revenge on Santiago's family.
(c) He feels guilty for having failed to warn Santiago.
(d) He is too proud to admit he does not know how to proceed with the examination.
3. Bayardo San Roman returns his bride to her parents because:
(a) She has no inheritance.
(b) She does not love him.
(c) She confesses to love another.
(d) She is not a virgin.
4. Ironically, the priest had to use what implements to perform the autopsy?
(a) Kitchen utensils.
(b) Garden tools.
(c) Craftsmen's tools.
5. The brothers' plan to murder Santiago is strangely contradicted at Clothilde Armenta's house by:
(a) Their desire to shave and clean up.
(b) Their disbelief in their sister's guilt.
(c) Their proclamations that they don't want to kill Santiago.
(d) Their inability to eat or drink anything.
Short Answer Questions
1. Though the Vicario brothers defend their actions, they can not seem to get rid of:
2. Bayardo's gift of the music box causes her parents concern about the nature of their daughter's relationship, which is an example of:
3. The Poncio twins lifting their sister by the waist and demanding an answer from her suggests what about her character?
4. Officer Leandro Pornoy, who visited with the twins at Clothilde Armenta's:
5. Pablo Vicario goes on to:
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)