|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Prudencia Cotes, Pablo Vicario's fiancee, makes it clear that she:
(a) Expects Pablo Vicario to wait for her.
(b) Believes the men acted necessarily in defense of honor.
(c) Believes Angela Vicario is completely innocent.
(d) Will not wait for Pablo Vicario if he commits this crime.
2. The court that tries the Vicario twins decides:
(a) They acted honorably in defense of their sister.
(b) They are mentally unfit to stand trial.
(c) They will both be hanged.
(d) They will be punished in the afterlife.
3. The twins had to carry out the murder plot because they felt:
(a) It was the only way to show their manliness.
(b) Ashamed of their family.
(c) Outraged at Santiago's behavior.
(d) It was their duty.
4. Santiago Nasar's main concern at the wedding was:
(a) Trying to stay out of the groom's sight.
(b) Figuring out what the groom's real motives were.
(c) Figuring out how much money had been spent.
(d) Avoiding Anglea Vicario.
5. The brothers' plan to murder Santiago is strangely contradicted at Clothilde Armenta's house by:
(a) Their inability to eat or drink anything.
(b) Their proclamations that they don't want to kill Santiago.
(c) Their disbelief in their sister's guilt.
(d) Their desire to shave and clean up.
Short Answer Questions
1. Faustino Santos, the twins' friend, reports their claim to:
2. Divina Flor's weeping as she fends off the dogs suggests:
3. The Arab community in the novel is described as:
4. The Colonel treats the twins like:
5. When the others in the meat market complain of hangovers or of missing the cake at the wedding, how do the twins reply?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)