|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One of the stab wounds in Santiago's hands is described as resembling the stigmata of Christ, which suggests:
(a) The priest's belief in Santiago's innocence.
(b) Santiago's religious beliefs.
(c) Santiago's innocence.
(d) The priest's fear that the autopsy was a sin.
2. The narrator suspects that the San Roman family's excessive show of grief:
(a) Is meant to show the townspeople how humble they are.
(b) Is meant to make the Vicario family feel guilty.
(c) Is covering up their secret satisfaction over the failure of the marriage.
(d) Is concealing another, greater shame.
3. Divina Flor's weeping as she fends off the dogs suggests:
(a) She is afraid the narrator will blame her for Santiago's death.
(b) She knows her mother is responsible for Santiago's death.
(c) She is guilty and overcome by Santiago's death.
(d) She knows the dogs will attack her next.
4. When the narrator warns Santiago that "A falcon who chases a warlike crane can only hope for a life of pain," he suggests:
(a) That women scorned will seek revenge.
(b) That a woman who profits from his love will only hurt him.
(c) That a man who pursues a woman whose business is love, he is destined to be hurt.
(d) That women will only lead to tragedy in the end.
5. Another event that adds to the mystery of Bayardo San Roman is that:
(a) He is two hours late for his own wedding.
(b) He returns Angela to her home.
(c) He is nowhere to be found on his wedding day.
(d) He is cold and aloof toward Angela.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of the chapter, Santiago is compared to:
2. The narrator believes Angela Vicario has always exhibited:
3. The Colonel treats the twins like:
4. The mayor's asks the priest to perform the autopsy instead of a medically trained person because:
5. Pura Vicario dresses her daughter in red and wraps her face in a cloth, which suggests:
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)