|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wants to Ankh?
2. Where does the girl who talks to Sexton about suicide say her friend went?
3. What does Sexton do at the beginning of Chapter 2?
4. Who does Didi take with her to look for something for Hettie?
5. Why does the Eremite strike a man?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Didi tell Sexton about crazy people?
2. What does Didi say she feels guilty about while trapped in the vacant building?
3. Why does Didi yell at Sexton?
4. What does Sexton say to the girl with the gloves when he first meets her?
5. What does Didi apologize to Sexton for?
6. How does Didi fight against Sexton's reasoning that she is not Death?
7. How does Sexton try to prove that Didi is not Death?
8. What does the girl with the gloves say to Sexton in the club about her 'friend'?
9. What does the Eremite tell Sexton he is witnessing in the vacant building?
10. Why does Sexton tell Didi he agrees to stay with her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sexton endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons did he learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 2
Fear is a common theme in this book, presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)