|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who hid what Hettie is looking for?
2. What does Didi wonder about while eating after leaving the apartment?
3. How does Sexton describe Foxglove's work?
4. Who does what Hettie is looking for belong to?
5. Why does Sexton say he will stay with Didi?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Didi say Sexton will probably die, and what consolation does she give him?
2. What does the girl with the gloves say her 'friend' felt when she woke up?
3. What does Sexton say to the record producer?
4. What does the Eremite do to help Theo know who Didi is?
5. What does Foxglove sing about?
6. What does Didi apologize to Sexton for?
7. What does the Eremite tell Sexton he is witnessing in the vacant building?
8. What does Didi do just after leaving her apartment?
9. Why does Didi yell at Sexton?
10. What does Sexton say to the girl with the gloves when he first meets her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Didi had some very strange quirks. What were some of these oddities, where did they come from, and how did their inclusion in the book alter the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
There were a number of magical elements in this book. What are some of these elements, and how did they shape the setting of this plot?
Essay Topic 3
What is the significance and meaning of the title of this book, and how was it weaved into the story line?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)