|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is most worried about Theo when he is injured?
2. How much does Didi pay for her ride to the Undercut?
3. Where does Did tell Hettie to go while she looks?
4. Where does the girl who talks to Sexton about suicide say her friend went?
5. Who can the Eremite sense as they get closer?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sexton's father do for a living?
2. What does the girl with the gloves say to Sexton in the club about her 'friend'?
3. Why does Sexton tell Didi he agrees to stay with her?
4. What does Didi say she feels guilty about while trapped in the vacant building?
5. What does the Eremite tell Sexton he is witnessing in the vacant building?
6. How does Didi fight against Sexton's reasoning that she is not Death?
7. Why is Hazel at the club?
8. What strange thing happens when Didi takes a cab to the club?
9. What does Didi do just after leaving her apartment?
10. How does Sexton try to prove that Didi is not Death?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was Theo to be paid for his part in capturing Didi, and why was this seen as so valuable?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 3
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)