|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the Eremite tell Sexton not to scream when they first meet?
2. Who owns the Ankh?
3. Who can the Eremite sense as they get closer?
4. Where does the girl who talks to Sexton about suicide say her friend went?
5. How does Sexton describe Foxglove's work?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Didi fight against Sexton's reasoning that she is not Death?
2. What strange thing happens when Didi takes a cab to the club?
3. What does Foxglove sing about?
4. What does Sexton say to the girl with the gloves when he first meets her?
5. What does the girl with the gloves say her 'friend' felt when she woke up?
6. Why does Sexton tell Didi he agrees to stay with her?
7. How does Didi say Sexton will probably die, and what consolation does she give him?
8. What does Didi do just after leaving her apartment?
9. Why does Didi yell at Sexton?
10. What does Didi tell Sexton about crazy people?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What happened to the girl with the gloves, and why was this significant to Sexton and his life?
Essay Topic 2
Curiosity was a trait that a few characters possessed. Who were these characters, and how did this trait affect their lives?
Essay Topic 3
Theo was a minor character whose presence made a big difference in the plot. How did he accomplish this? What are some ways that his presence, however brief, altered the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if he had not been in the book at all?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)