|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sexton know Hazel?
2. Who is most worried about Theo when he is injured?
3. What about Sexton does Didi lash out?
4. What is Xerxes?
5. What kind of recluse is the Eremite?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sexton say to the record producer?
2. Why is Hazel at the club?
3. How does Didi fight against Sexton's reasoning that she is not Death?
4. What happens when Sexton and Didi play with a rebounding clown toy?
5. What does the Eremite do to help Theo know who Didi is?
6. What does Didi apologize to Sexton for?
7. What does Sexton's father do for a living?
8. What does Didi do just after leaving her apartment?
9. What does the Eremite tell Sexton he is witnessing in the vacant building?
10. What does Didi say she feels guilty about while trapped in the vacant building?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 2
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
Essay Topic 3
Theo was a minor character whose presence made a big difference in the plot. How did he accomplish this? What are some ways that his presence, however brief, altered the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if he had not been in the book at all?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)