|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Sexton say he will stay with Didi?
2. What is the girl who Sexton talks to about suicide wearing?
3. How much does Didi pay for her ride to the Undercut?
4. What does Didi wonder about while eating after leaving the apartment?
5. What does the Eremite mix the blood with?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sexton try to prove that Didi is not Death?
2. What does the girl with the gloves say to Sexton in the club about her 'friend'?
3. What does Sexton's father do for a living?
4. What does the girl with the gloves say her 'friend' felt when she woke up?
5. What does the Eremite tell Sexton he is witnessing in the vacant building?
6. How does Didi fight against Sexton's reasoning that she is not Death?
7. Why does Didi yell at Sexton?
8. How does Didi say Sexton will probably die, and what consolation does she give him?
9. What does Didi apologize to Sexton for?
10. What does Didi do just after leaving her apartment?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Fear is a common theme in this book, presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 2
There were a number of magical elements in this book. What are some of these elements, and how did they shape the setting of this plot?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)