|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Hettie say she might find what she is looking for?
2. What is Sexton's father's name?
3. What does the Eremite say the Ankh is worth?
4. Why does Sexton say he will stay with Didi?
5. Why is Hettie unable to find what she is looking for on her own?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the girl with the gloves say her 'friend' felt when she woke up?
2. Why does Sexton tell Didi he agrees to stay with her?
3. How does Didi say Sexton will probably die, and what consolation does she give him?
4. Why is Hazel at the club?
5. What does the Eremite do to help Theo know who Didi is?
6. What does Foxglove sing about?
7. Why does Didi yell at Sexton?
8. What does Didi say she feels guilty about while trapped in the vacant building?
9. How does Didi fight against Sexton's reasoning that she is not Death?
10. What does Didi tell Sexton about crazy people?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sexton endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons did he learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 3
There were a number of magical elements in this book. What are some of these elements, and how did they shape the setting of this plot?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)