|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What amazes Sexton when he and Didi get to the Undercut?
2. What is Foxglove's occupation?
3. How does Sexton describe Foxglove's work?
4. Why did the girl's friend try to commit suicide?
5. Who owns the Ankh?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the girl with the gloves say to Sexton in the club about her 'friend'?
2. What does Sexton say to the girl with the gloves when he first meets her?
3. What does Didi apologize to Sexton for?
4. Why does Didi yell at Sexton?
5. What does the Eremite tell Sexton he is witnessing in the vacant building?
6. What does the Eremite do to help Theo know who Didi is?
7. What does Didi tell Sexton about crazy people?
8. Why does Sexton tell Didi he agrees to stay with her?
9. What does the girl with the gloves say her 'friend' felt when she woke up?
10. How does Didi say Sexton will probably die, and what consolation does she give him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How was Billy different from the other characters in the book, and what message was sent through his inclusion in the story?
Essay Topic 2
Sexton endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons did he learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 3
Didi had some very strange quirks. What were some of these oddities, where did they come from, and how did their inclusion in the book alter the course of the plot?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)