|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Sexton tell to pursue Foxglove and her work?
2. Who hid what Hettie is looking for?
3. What is Foxglove's occupation?
4. Who wants to Ankh?
5. Why does the Eremite tell Sexton not to scream when they first meet?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Didi say Sexton will probably die, and what consolation does she give him?
2. Why does Sexton tell Didi he agrees to stay with her?
3. What does Sexton's father do for a living?
4. How does Didi fight against Sexton's reasoning that she is not Death?
5. What does Sexton say to the girl with the gloves when he first meets her?
6. Why does Didi yell at Sexton?
7. What does Didi apologize to Sexton for?
8. What does the girl with the gloves say to Sexton in the club about her 'friend'?
9. What does Didi do just after leaving her apartment?
10. What strange thing happens when Didi takes a cab to the club?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Didi had some very strange quirks. What were some of these oddities, where did they come from, and how did their inclusion in the book alter the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Fear is a common theme in this book, presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Theo was a minor character whose presence made a big difference in the plot. How did he accomplish this? What are some ways that his presence, however brief, altered the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if he had not been in the book at all?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)