|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the Eremite strike a man?
2. What is The Undercut?
3. How does Sexton know Hazel?
4. Who owns the Ankh?
5. What does the Eremite say Theo will get when he turns over the Ankh?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Hazel at the club?
2. What does Sexton's father do for a living?
3. What does the girl with the gloves say her 'friend' felt when she woke up?
4. Why does Sexton tell Didi he agrees to stay with her?
5. How does Didi fight against Sexton's reasoning that she is not Death?
6. What does Sexton say to the girl with the gloves when he first meets her?
7. What strange thing happens when Didi takes a cab to the club?
8. What does the girl with the gloves say to Sexton in the club about her 'friend'?
9. How does Didi say Sexton will probably die, and what consolation does she give him?
10. What does Didi apologize to Sexton for?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sexton endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons did he learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 2
What did Didi say was the purpose of her day as a mortal, and how did the other main characters respond to this idea?
Essay Topic 3
What is the significance and meaning of the title of this book, and how was it weaved into the story line?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)