|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Eremite tell Sexton he is witnessing when they first meet?
2. How does Theo get Didi to come with him?
3. Where does Did tell Hettie to go while she looks?
4. What is the Eremite's name?
5. Who can the Eremite sense as they get closer?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Didi yell at Sexton?
2. What does Didi do just after leaving her apartment?
3. How does Didi fight against Sexton's reasoning that she is not Death?
4. What does Didi tell Sexton about crazy people?
5. What strange thing happens when Didi takes a cab to the club?
6. Why does Sexton tell Didi he agrees to stay with her?
7. What does Foxglove sing about?
8. What does the girl with the gloves say to Sexton in the club about her 'friend'?
9. What does the Eremite tell Sexton he is witnessing in the vacant building?
10. What does the girl with the gloves say her 'friend' felt when she woke up?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There were a number of magical elements in this book. What are some of these elements, and how did they shape the setting of this plot?
Essay Topic 2
Sexton endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons did he learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 3
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)