|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does Didi pay for her ride to the Undercut?
2. What is Hazel's occupation?
3. How does Theo die?
4. Who does Didi take with her to look for something for Hettie?
5. What amazes Sexton when he and Didi get to the Undercut?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Didi do just after leaving her apartment?
2. What does the girl with the gloves say to Sexton in the club about her 'friend'?
3. Why is Hazel at the club?
4. How does Sexton try to prove that Didi is not Death?
5. Why does Sexton tell Didi he agrees to stay with her?
6. What does Didi tell Sexton about crazy people?
7. What strange thing happens when Didi takes a cab to the club?
8. What does Didi say she feels guilty about while trapped in the vacant building?
9. Why does Didi yell at Sexton?
10. How does Didi fight against Sexton's reasoning that she is not Death?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How was Billy different from the other characters in the book, and what message was sent through his inclusion in the story?
Essay Topic 2
What was Hettie searching for in this book, how did she find it, and why was this so important to her and Didi?
Essay Topic 3
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)