|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Didi want Sexton to go with her and Theo?
2. What does Didi get when she leaves the apartment?
3. Who does Didi take with her to look for something for Hettie?
4. Why did the girl's friend try to commit suicide?
5. What about Sexton does Didi lash out?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the girl with the gloves say to Sexton in the club about her 'friend'?
2. What does Foxglove sing about?
3. What does Didi tell Sexton about crazy people?
4. Why does Didi yell at Sexton?
5. How does Sexton try to prove that Didi is not Death?
6. What does the Eremite do to help Theo know who Didi is?
7. Why does Sexton tell Didi he agrees to stay with her?
8. What does the girl with the gloves say her 'friend' felt when she woke up?
9. What does Didi do just after leaving her apartment?
10. How does Didi say Sexton will probably die, and what consolation does she give him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sexton endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons did he learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 2
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 3
Theo was a minor character whose presence made a big difference in the plot. How did he accomplish this? What are some ways that his presence, however brief, altered the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if he had not been in the book at all?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)