|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of recluse is the Eremite?
2. What does the Eremite mix the blood with?
3. What does the Eremite say his blood mixture will predict the coming of?
4. Where does Hettie say she might find what she is looking for?
5. Who wants to Ankh?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Didi yell at Sexton?
2. What does Didi say she feels guilty about while trapped in the vacant building?
3. What happens when Sexton and Didi play with a rebounding clown toy?
4. What does Didi tell Sexton about crazy people?
5. Why is Hazel at the club?
6. What does the Eremite tell Sexton he is witnessing in the vacant building?
7. What does Sexton's father do for a living?
8. How does Sexton try to prove that Didi is not Death?
9. What does Didi do just after leaving her apartment?
10. What does the Eremite do to help Theo know who Didi is?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was Theo to be paid for his part in capturing Didi, and why was this seen as so valuable?
Essay Topic 2
Curiosity was a trait that a few characters possessed. Who were these characters, and how did this trait affect their lives?
Essay Topic 3
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)