|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What amazes Sexton when he and Didi get to the Undercut?
2. What does Didi say is part of the human condition?
3. How does Sexton describe Foxglove's work?
4. What does Sexton tell Didi he thinks about her after they leave her apartment?
5. What does Didi wonder about while eating after leaving the apartment?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sexton try to prove that Didi is not Death?
2. What does Didi tell Sexton about crazy people?
3. What does the Eremite tell Sexton he is witnessing in the vacant building?
4. What does the girl with the gloves say her 'friend' felt when she woke up?
5. How does Didi fight against Sexton's reasoning that she is not Death?
6. Why does Sexton tell Didi he agrees to stay with her?
7. What does Sexton say to the girl with the gloves when he first meets her?
8. What does Sexton's father do for a living?
9. How does Didi say Sexton will probably die, and what consolation does she give him?
10. Why does Didi yell at Sexton?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Didi had some very strange quirks. What were some of these oddities, where did they come from, and how did their inclusion in the book alter the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
`What were some of the forms of foreshadowing used in this book, and how did those moments affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
What was Hettie searching for in this book, how did she find it, and why was this so important to her and Didi?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)