|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Hettie unable to find what she is looking for on her own?
2. What does Didi wonder about while eating after leaving the apartment?
3. What does the Eremite say his blood mixture will do to mark what it can predict the coming of?
4. How does Theo get Didi to come with him?
5. Who does what Hettie is looking for belong to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sexton say to the record producer?
2. How does Didi fight against Sexton's reasoning that she is not Death?
3. What does Sexton's father do for a living?
4. Why is Hazel at the club?
5. Why does Didi yell at Sexton?
6. What does Didi tell Sexton about crazy people?
7. How does Sexton try to prove that Didi is not Death?
8. What does the Eremite tell Sexton he is witnessing in the vacant building?
9. Why does Sexton tell Didi he agrees to stay with her?
10. What does the Eremite do to help Theo know who Didi is?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 2
Why did Sexton continue to follow Didi throughout the day, and what does this indicate about his personality?
Essay Topic 3
What happened to the girl with the gloves, and why was this significant to Sexton and his life?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)