|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does Didi pay for her ride to the Undercut?
2. How does Sexton know Theo?
3. Why is Hettie unable to find what she is looking for on her own?
4. Who does the Eremite tell when he senses someone coming closer?
5. How does Theo die?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sexton say to the girl with the gloves when he first meets her?
2. Why does Sexton tell Didi he agrees to stay with her?
3. What does the Eremite do to help Theo know who Didi is?
4. What does Didi apologize to Sexton for?
5. What does the Eremite tell Sexton he is witnessing in the vacant building?
6. What does Didi do just after leaving her apartment?
7. What does the girl with the gloves say to Sexton in the club about her 'friend'?
8. What does Foxglove sing about?
9. What does Didi tell Sexton about crazy people?
10. What does Didi say she feels guilty about while trapped in the vacant building?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There were a number of magical elements in this book. What are some of these elements, and how did they shape the setting of this plot?
Essay Topic 2
`What were some of the forms of foreshadowing used in this book, and how did those moments affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
What was Theo to be paid for his part in capturing Didi, and why was this seen as so valuable?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)