|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Theo die?
2. Where does Hettie say she might find what she is looking for?
3. How did the girl's friend try to commit suicide?
4. Why does Didi want Sexton to go with her and Theo?
5. What amazes Sexton when he and Didi get to the Undercut?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Didi do just after leaving her apartment?
2. What does Didi apologize to Sexton for?
3. How does Didi fight against Sexton's reasoning that she is not Death?
4. How does Sexton try to prove that Didi is not Death?
5. Why is Hazel at the club?
6. What does Didi say she feels guilty about while trapped in the vacant building?
7. What does Didi tell Sexton about crazy people?
8. What does Sexton's father do for a living?
9. What does the Eremite do to help Theo know who Didi is?
10. What does Sexton say to the girl with the gloves when he first meets her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 2
What was Theo to be paid for his part in capturing Didi, and why was this seen as so valuable?
Essay Topic 3
What is the significance and meaning of the title of this book, and how was it weaved into the story line?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)