|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Ankh?
2. What about Sexton does Didi lash out?
3. What is wrong with the Eremite?
4. What does the Eremite say his blood mixture will do to mark what it can predict the coming of?
5. What does Didi say no human has?
Short Essay Questions
1. What strange thing happens when Didi takes a cab to the club?
2. What does the Eremite do to help Theo know who Didi is?
3. How does Sexton try to prove that Didi is not Death?
4. What does the Eremite tell Sexton he is witnessing in the vacant building?
5. What does Sexton say to the record producer?
6. How does Didi fight against Sexton's reasoning that she is not Death?
7. What does Foxglove sing about?
8. What does Didi say she feels guilty about while trapped in the vacant building?
9. What does Didi do just after leaving her apartment?
10. Why does Sexton tell Didi he agrees to stay with her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the significance and meaning of the title of this book, and how was it weaved into the story line?
Essay Topic 2
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 3
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)