|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Didi take with her to look for something for Hettie?
2. What is wrong with the Eremite?
3. Why did the girl's friend try to commit suicide?
4. Why does the Eremite strike a man?
5. Where does the Eremite put his blood mixture?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Didi apologize to Sexton for?
2. What does Sexton say to the record producer?
3. What does the Eremite tell Sexton he is witnessing in the vacant building?
4. What does Didi tell Sexton about crazy people?
5. Why is Hazel at the club?
6. Why does Sexton tell Didi he agrees to stay with her?
7. Why does Didi yell at Sexton?
8. How does Didi fight against Sexton's reasoning that she is not Death?
9. What does the girl with the gloves say to Sexton in the club about her 'friend'?
10. What happens when Sexton and Didi play with a rebounding clown toy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 2
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 3
Didi had some very strange quirks. What were some of these oddities, where did they come from, and how did their inclusion in the book alter the course of the plot?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)