|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the girl's friend try to commit suicide?
2. What does Didi want to do after eating outside of her apartment?
3. What is Sexton's father's name?
4. What does the Eremite say the Ankh is worth?
5. How does Theo get Didi to come with him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Didi apologize to Sexton for?
2. How does Sexton try to prove that Didi is not Death?
3. Why does Didi yell at Sexton?
4. How does Didi fight against Sexton's reasoning that she is not Death?
5. What strange thing happens when Didi takes a cab to the club?
6. What does the girl with the gloves say her 'friend' felt when she woke up?
7. What does the girl with the gloves say to Sexton in the club about her 'friend'?
8. Why is Hazel at the club?
9. What does Sexton say to the record producer?
10. What does Didi tell Sexton about crazy people?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What happened to the girl with the gloves, and why was this significant to Sexton and his life?
Essay Topic 2
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 3
How was Billy different from the other characters in the book, and what message was sent through his inclusion in the story?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)