|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Didi say she gets to see?
2. Where does Billy spend most of his time?
3. What did Didi get great joy from while with Sexton?
4. Who do the girls bring to Hettie at the beginning of the book?
5. Who threatens Sexton when he leaves Didi's place?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sexton say when he sees a picture of Didi's family?
2. How does Sexton show his compassion when he sees Billy?
3. What does Hettie want from Didi, and what is Didi's response to this?
4. What does Hettie do when the girls get angry with her?
5. What brings Didi great joy when she gets to her apartment?
6. Why does Hettie think Sexton can show her where Didi is?
7. What does Sexton think is happening to Didi when she tells him who she is?
8. What does Mrs. Robbins say happened to Didi's family?
9. Why do the girls get angry with Hettie?
10. What happens when Sexton leaves Didi's apartment?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was Theo to be paid for his part in capturing Didi, and why was this seen as so valuable?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 3
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)