|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Sexton see when he leaves Didi's place?
2. How does Billy communicate?
3. What does Sexton try to do when he leaves Didi's house?
4. How old is Sexton?
5. What does Hettie use the bird for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Didi say about her family when Sexton comments on a picture of them?
2. Why does Sexton's mother send him out of the house?
3. What does Sexton think is happening to Didi when she tells him who she is?
4. What does Sexton do when Hettie speaks to him on the street?
5. Why do the girls get angry with Hettie?
6. What does Sexton say his mother is clueless about?
7. Why does Hettie think Sexton can show her where Didi is?
8. What does Hettie use the bird for?
9. What does Hettie want from Didi, and what is Didi's response to this?
10. What does Sexton do before leaving his house as his mother sends him away?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There were a number of magical elements in this book. What are some of these elements, and how did they shape the setting of this plot?
Essay Topic 2
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 3
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)