|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sexton say he thinks Didi really is after hearing what she thinks she is?
2. What month does this book start in?
3. What kind of place does Didi live in?
4. Where does Hettie wait for the girls at the beginning of the book?
5. What is Mrs. Robbins's occupation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Eremite do to help Theo know who Didi is?
2. How does Sexton show his compassion when he sees Billy?
3. Why does Didi say Death becomes mortal at times?
4. What strange thing happens when Didi takes a cab to the club?
5. What happens when Sexton and Didi play with a rebounding clown toy?
6. What does Hettie use the bird for?
7. How often does Didi say Death becomes mortal?
8. What does Mrs. Robbins say happened to Didi's family?
9. Why does Didi yell at Sexton?
10. What does Didi say she feels guilty about while trapped in the vacant building?
Essay Topic 1
What happened to the girl with the gloves, and why was this significant to Sexton and his life?
Essay Topic 2
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
Essay Topic 3
Sexton endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons did he learn through these experiences?
This section contains 1,098 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)