|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Sexton writing at the beginning of the book?
2. What is Mrs. Robbins first name?
3. What does Sexton slip on when his mother sends him out?
4. Where does Hettie live?
5. Where does Sexton live?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hettie do when the girls get angry with her?
2. What does Sexton do before leaving his house as his mother sends him away?
3. What does Hettie want from Didi, and what is Didi's response to this?
4. How does Sexton meet Didi?
5. What does Didi say about her family when Sexton comments on a picture of them?
6. What does Mrs. Robbins say happened to Didi's family?
7. What brings Didi great joy when she gets to her apartment?
8. Why does Sexton want to kill himself?
9. Why does Hettie think Sexton can show her where Didi is?
10. What does Didi tell Sexton she is?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was Hettie searching for in this book, how did she find it, and why was this so important to her and Didi?
Essay Topic 2
What was Theo to be paid for his part in capturing Didi, and why was this seen as so valuable?
Essay Topic 3
Curiosity was a trait that a few characters possessed. Who were these characters, and how did this trait affect their lives?
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)