|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sexton trip on after leaving Didi's place?
2. What does Sexton say when he sees a picture of Didi's family?
3. How old is Sexton?
4. How old is a Haruspex?
5. What is the name of the girl with the broken leg?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the girls think Hettie is going to do with the bird they bring her?
2. What does Didi say about her family when Sexton comments on a picture of them?
3. What happens when Sexton leaves Didi's apartment?
4. How does Sexton meet Didi?
5. What does Sexton say his mother is clueless about?
6. What does Sexton do before leaving his house as his mother sends him away?
7. What does Hettie want from Didi, and what is Didi's response to this?
8. What does Mrs. Robbins say happened to Didi's family?
9. What does Sexton think is happening to Didi when she tells him who she is?
10. What does Hettie use the bird for?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Curiosity was a trait that a few characters possessed. Who were these characters, and how did this trait affect their lives?
Essay Topic 2
Why did Sexton continue to follow Didi throughout the day, and what does this indicate about his personality?
Essay Topic 3
Didi had some very strange quirks. What were some of these oddities, where did they come from, and how did their inclusion in the book alter the course of the plot?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)