|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Sexton's last name?
2. What month does this book start in?
3. How did Hettie break the leg of one of the girls?
4. What is Hettie?
5. What does Sexton try to do when he leaves Didi's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Sexton's mother send him out of the house?
2. What happens when Sexton leaves Didi's apartment?
3. What brings Didi great joy when she gets to her apartment?
4. What does Hettie use the bird for?
5. How does Sexton show his compassion when he sees Billy?
6. What does Sexton do before leaving his house as his mother sends him away?
7. Why does Sexton want to kill himself?
8. What does Sexton say when he sees a picture of Didi's family?
9. What does Sexton say his mother is clueless about?
10. What does Hettie want from Didi, and what is Didi's response to this?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What did Didi say was the purpose of her day as a mortal, and how did the other main characters respond to this idea?
Essay Topic 2
How was Billy different from the other characters in the book, and what message was sent through his inclusion in the story?
Essay Topic 3
Didi had some very strange quirks. What were some of these oddities, where did they come from, and how did their inclusion in the book alter the course of the plot?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)