|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Sexton go when his mother sends him out?
2. What is Hettie?
3. Where does Hettie wait for the girls at the beginning of the book?
4. What is Billy's last name?
5. What does the person threatening Sexton say will be cut off first?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sexton say when he sees a picture of Didi's family?
2. What does Hettie use the bird for?
3. What brings Didi great joy when she gets to her apartment?
4. Why do the girls get angry with Hettie?
5. What does Mrs. Robbins say happened to Didi's family?
6. What happens when Sexton leaves Didi's apartment?
7. What does Sexton do before leaving his house as his mother sends him away?
8. Why does Sexton's mother send him out of the house?
9. What does Didi say about her family when Sexton comments on a picture of them?
10. What does Didi tell Sexton she is?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 2
`What were some of the forms of foreshadowing used in this book, and how did those moments affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Generosity was a key theme in this book. Where did this theme appear and which characters were the most affected by it?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)