|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the person threatening Sexton tell Didi Sexton will be used as?
2. How does Billy communicate?
3. What gets ripped when Sexton gets trapped under something?
4. Where does Sexton go when his mother sends him out?
5. Why does Hettie break the leg of one of the girls?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sexton do before leaving his house as his mother sends him away?
2. How does Sexton meet Didi?
3. What does Hettie want from Didi, and what is Didi's response to this?
4. What does Sexton do when Hettie speaks to him on the street?
5. What brings Didi great joy when she gets to her apartment?
6. What does Hettie do when the girls get angry with her?
7. What does Sexton say his mother is clueless about?
8. What do the girls think Hettie is going to do with the bird they bring her?
9. How does Sexton show his compassion when he sees Billy?
10. What does Didi tell Sexton she is?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
`What were some of the forms of foreshadowing used in this book, and how did those moments affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 3
What did Didi say was the purpose of her day as a mortal, and how did the other main characters respond to this idea?
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)