|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Sexton?
2. Why does Hettie break the leg of one of the girls?
3. What is Billy's last name?
4. What does Sexton trip on after leaving Didi's place?
5. What does the person threatening Sexton tell Didi Sexton will be used as?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sexton show his compassion when he sees Billy?
2. Why does Sexton's mother send him out of the house?
3. What does Sexton say to the girl with the gloves when he first meets her?
4. What does Sexton toss to Didi while looking for weapons in the vacant building?
5. What does Sexton find in the vacant building while looking for weapons, and how does he use them?
6. What does Sexton say his mother is clueless about?
7. What message is left for Sexton when he returns home?
8. Why does Didi say Death becomes mortal at times?
9. How are Sexton and Didi rescued from the vacant building?
10. What does Hettie do when the girls get angry with her?
Essay Topic 1
Curiosity was a trait that a few characters possessed. Who were these characters, and how did this trait affect their lives?
Essay Topic 2
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 3
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
This section contains 1,132 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)