|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is a Haruspex?
2. What is Sexton's last name?
3. What is the name of Sexton's mother?
4. What is Hettie?
5. What does Sexton trip on after leaving Didi's place?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sexton meet Didi?
2. What does Sexton do before leaving his house as his mother sends him away?
3. What brings Didi great joy when she gets to her apartment?
4. Why do the girls get angry with Hettie?
5. Why does Sexton's mother send him out of the house?
6. What does Mrs. Robbins say happened to Didi's family?
7. What does Didi say about her family when Sexton comments on a picture of them?
8. What does Sexton think is happening to Didi when she tells him who she is?
9. What does Sexton say when he sees a picture of Didi's family?
10. Why does Sexton want to kill himself?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Fear is a common theme in this book, presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 2
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 3
What was Hettie searching for in this book, how did she find it, and why was this so important to her and Didi?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)