|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Hettie live?
2. What does Sexton say he hoped Didi was when he met her?
3. Who does Didi say she gets to see?
4. How does Sexton feel when he first meets Didi?
5. What does the person threatening Sexton NOT want to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hettie want from Didi, and what is Didi's response to this?
2. Why do the girls get angry with Hettie?
3. What does Sexton do when Hettie speaks to him on the street?
4. What brings Didi great joy when she gets to her apartment?
5. What do the girls think Hettie is going to do with the bird they bring her?
6. What happens when Sexton leaves Didi's apartment?
7. What does Didi tell Sexton she is?
8. Why does Hettie think Sexton can show her where Didi is?
9. How does Sexton show his compassion when he sees Billy?
10. What does Sexton do before leaving his house as his mother sends him away?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Generosity was a key theme in this book. Where did this theme appear and which characters were the most affected by it?
Essay Topic 2
Didi had some very strange quirks. What were some of these oddities, where did they come from, and how did their inclusion in the book alter the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Curiosity was a trait that a few characters possessed. Who were these characters, and how did this trait affect their lives?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)