|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the person threatening Sexton want from Didi?
2. How many girls is Hettie waiting for at the beginning of the book?
3. What is Hettie?
4. What is Mrs. Robbins's occupation?
5. What does the person threatening Sexton say will be cut off first?
Short Essay Questions
1. What brings Didi great joy when she gets to her apartment?
2. Why does Hettie think Sexton can show her where Didi is?
3. What does Sexton do before leaving his house as his mother sends him away?
4. What does Didi tell Sexton she is?
5. What does Sexton say when he sees a picture of Didi's family?
6. What does Sexton say his mother is clueless about?
7. What does Sexton think is happening to Didi when she tells him who she is?
8. Why do the girls get angry with Hettie?
9. What does Hettie want from Didi, and what is Didi's response to this?
10. What does Hettie do when the girls get angry with her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How was Billy different from the other characters in the book, and what message was sent through his inclusion in the story?
Essay Topic 2
What was Hettie searching for in this book, how did she find it, and why was this so important to her and Didi?
Essay Topic 3
`What were some of the forms of foreshadowing used in this book, and how did those moments affect the course of the plot?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)