|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gets ripped when Sexton gets trapped under something?
2. How old is Sexton?
3. What does the person threatening Sexton want from Didi?
4. What does Did offer to do for Sexton when they first meet?
5. What is Hettie?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Sexton leaves Didi's apartment?
2. What does Didi say about her family when Sexton comments on a picture of them?
3. How does Sexton show his compassion when he sees Billy?
4. Why does Hettie think Sexton can show her where Didi is?
5. What does Hettie do when the girls get angry with her?
6. What brings Didi great joy when she gets to her apartment?
7. Why do the girls get angry with Hettie?
8. What does Sexton do before leaving his house as his mother sends him away?
9. Why does Sexton's mother send him out of the house?
10. Why does Sexton want to kill himself?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 2
What happened to the girl with the gloves, and why was this significant to Sexton and his life?
Essay Topic 3
Didi had some very strange quirks. What were some of these oddities, where did they come from, and how did their inclusion in the book alter the course of the plot?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)