|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sexton's mother feel like doing at the beginning of the book?
2. What does Sexton say he hoped Didi was when he met her?
3. How did Hettie break the leg of one of the girls?
4. How old is Sexton?
5. Where does Billy spend most of his time?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sexton do when Hettie speaks to him on the street?
2. What does Sexton's father do for a living?
3. How does Sexton try to prove that Didi is not Death?
4. What does Sexton find in the vacant building while looking for weapons, and how does he use them?
5. What happens when Sexton and Didi play with a rebounding clown toy?
6. What does Hettie want from Didi, and what is Didi's response to this?
7. What does Didi hope she accomplished in her day as a mortal?
8. Why does Sexton tell Didi he agrees to stay with her?
9. What does Didi say about her family when Sexton comments on a picture of them?
10. Where does Hettie find her heart, and what does it look like?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Didi had some very strange quirks. What were some of these oddities, where did they come from, and how did their inclusion in the book alter the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
`What were some of the forms of foreshadowing used in this book, and how did those moments affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
This section contains 1,077 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)