|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Didi say she gets to see?
2. What is a Haruspex?
3. What does the person threatening Sexton want from Didi?
4. What do people call Hettie?
5. What does Sexton say he thinks Didi really is after hearing what she thinks she is?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Didi tell Sexton she is?
2. Why do the girls get angry with Hettie?
3. What does Sexton do before leaving his house as his mother sends him away?
4. What happens when Sexton leaves Didi's apartment?
5. What does Sexton do when Hettie speaks to him on the street?
6. What do the girls think Hettie is going to do with the bird they bring her?
7. What does Sexton think is happening to Didi when she tells him who she is?
8. What brings Didi great joy when she gets to her apartment?
9. What does Hettie do when the girls get angry with her?
10. What does Mrs. Robbins say happened to Didi's family?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the significance and meaning of the title of this book, and how was it weaved into the story line?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 3
How was Billy different from the other characters in the book, and what message was sent through his inclusion in the story?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)