|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Sexton see when he leaves Didi's place?
2. Who do the girls bring to Hettie at the beginning of the book?
3. What color is the bird delivered to Hettie?
4. How does Billy communicate?
5. What does the person threatening Sexton want from Didi?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Eremite do to help Theo know who Didi is?
2. Why is Hazel at the club?
3. What does Sexton do before leaving his house as his mother sends him away?
4. What does Sexton say his mother is clueless about?
5. What does Sexton do at the diner that he did not do any time earlier in this book?
6. How often does Didi say Death becomes mortal?
7. What happens when Sexton and Didi play with a rebounding clown toy?
8. What does Didi tell Sexton about crazy people?
9. What does Sexton do when Hettie speaks to him on the street?
10. What does the girl with the gloves say to Sexton in the club about her 'friend'?
Essay Topic 1
Sexton endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons did he learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 2
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 3
`What were some of the forms of foreshadowing used in this book, and how did those moments affect the course of the plot?
This section contains 1,082 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)