|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many girls is Hettie waiting for at the beginning of the book?
2. What does Sexton try to do when he leaves Didi's house?
3. What does the person threatening Sexton tell Didi Sexton will be used as?
4. Why does Didi live alone?
5. Who threatens Sexton when he leaves Didi's place?
Short Essay Questions
1. What brings Didi great joy when she gets to her apartment?
2. What does Sexton do when Hettie speaks to him on the street?
3. What does Hettie want from Didi, and what is Didi's response to this?
4. What does Sexton think is happening to Didi when she tells him who she is?
5. Why do the girls get angry with Hettie?
6. What does Didi say about her family when Sexton comments on a picture of them?
7. What does Sexton say when he sees a picture of Didi's family?
8. What does Hettie do when the girls get angry with her?
9. What happens when Sexton leaves Didi's apartment?
10. What does Sexton do before leaving his house as his mother sends him away?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sexton endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons did he learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 2
Curiosity was a trait that a few characters possessed. Who were these characters, and how did this trait affect their lives?
Essay Topic 3
What was Theo to be paid for his part in capturing Didi, and why was this seen as so valuable?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)