|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Did offer to do for Sexton when they first meet?
2. What does Didi tell Sexton she really is?
3. What is a Haruspex?
4. What does Sexton try to do when he leaves Didi's house?
5. How old is Sexton?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mrs. Robbins say happened to Didi's family?
2. What does Sexton say when he sees a picture of Didi's family?
3. What does Hettie use the bird for?
4. What does Sexton say his mother is clueless about?
5. What does Sexton do when Hettie speaks to him on the street?
6. What does Sexton think is happening to Didi when she tells him who she is?
7. What happens when Sexton leaves Didi's apartment?
8. What do the girls think Hettie is going to do with the bird they bring her?
9. What does Sexton do before leaving his house as his mother sends him away?
10. What does Hettie do when the girls get angry with her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the significance and meaning of the title of this book, and how was it weaved into the story line?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 3
Generosity was a key theme in this book. Where did this theme appear and which characters were the most affected by it?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)