Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sexton say he thinks Didi really is after hearing what she thinks she is?
2. What month does this book start in?
3. What kind of place does Didi live in?
4. Where does Hettie wait for the girls at the beginning of the book?
5. What is Mrs. Robbins's occupation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Eremite do to help Theo know who Didi is?
2. How does Sexton show his compassion when he sees Billy?
3. Why does Didi say Death becomes mortal at times?
4. What strange thing happens when Didi takes a cab to the club?
5. What happens when Sexton and Didi play with a rebounding clown toy?
6. What does Hettie use the bird for?
7. How often does Didi say Death becomes mortal?
8. What does Mrs. Robbins say happened to Didi's family?
9. Why does Didi yell at Sexton?
10. What does Didi say she feels guilty about while trapped in the vacant building?
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 2
Didi had some very strange quirks. What were some of these oddities, where did they come from, and how did their inclusion in the book alter the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)