|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the person threatening Sexton tell Didi Sexton will be used as?
2. What color is the bird delivered to Hettie?
3. Where does Hettie live?
4. How did Hettie break the leg of one of the girls?
5. What purpose does Didi say her family served for her?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Sexton want to kill himself?
2. What does Sexton think is happening to Didi when she tells him who she is?
3. What does Sexton say his mother is clueless about?
4. What does Hettie do when the girls get angry with her?
5. How does Sexton show his compassion when he sees Billy?
6. What does Hettie use the bird for?
7. How does Sexton meet Didi?
8. What brings Didi great joy when she gets to her apartment?
9. Why does Hettie think Sexton can show her where Didi is?
10. What does Sexton do when Hettie speaks to him on the street?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sexton endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons did he learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 2
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 3
What is the significance and meaning of the title of this book, and how was it weaved into the story line?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)