|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sexton's mother feel like doing at the beginning of the book?
2. What does the person threatening Sexton want from Didi?
3. What is Sexton writing at the beginning of the book?
4. What does the person threatening Sexton tell Didi Sexton will be used as?
5. How old does Didi tell Sexton she is?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sexton do at the diner that he did not do any time earlier in this book?
2. What do the girls think Hettie is going to do with the bird they bring her?
3. What does Didi see and do after her death?
4. What does Didi hope she accomplished in her day as a mortal?
5. How often does Didi say Death becomes mortal?
6. Why does Sexton tell Didi he agrees to stay with her?
7. How does Didi fight against Sexton's reasoning that she is not Death?
8. What does Hettie want from Didi, and what is Didi's response to this?
9. What does Didi tell Sexton about crazy people?
10. What does Sexton's father do for a living?
Essay Topic 1
Generosity was a key theme in this book. Where did this theme appear and which characters were the most affected by it?
Essay Topic 2
What happened to the girl with the gloves, and why was this significant to Sexton and his life?
Essay Topic 3
There were a number of magical elements in this book. What are some of these elements, and how did they shape the setting of this plot?
This section contains 1,082 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)