|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is a Haruspex?
2. What is Mrs. Robbins's occupation?
3. What is Sexton writing about at the beginning of the book?
4. What does Sexton get trapped under after he slips?
5. What month does this book start in?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hettie use the bird for?
2. What does Mrs. Robbins say happened to Didi's family?
3. What does Didi say about her family when Sexton comments on a picture of them?
4. What does Sexton say his mother is clueless about?
5. What does Hettie want from Didi, and what is Didi's response to this?
6. What does Didi tell Sexton she is?
7. What does Sexton say when he sees a picture of Didi's family?
8. Why does Sexton's mother send him out of the house?
9. What do the girls think Hettie is going to do with the bird they bring her?
10. What does Sexton think is happening to Didi when she tells him who she is?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 2
How was Billy different from the other characters in the book, and what message was sent through his inclusion in the story?
Essay Topic 3
Generosity was a key theme in this book. Where did this theme appear and which characters were the most affected by it?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)