|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the girl who Sexton talks to about suicide wearing?
(b) A cast.
(d) A mask.
2. What does the Eremite tell Sexton he is witnessing when they first meet?
(a) The meeting of pleasure and pain.
(b) The triumph of good over evil.
(c) The end of death.
(d) The unlocking of all knowledge.
3. Why did the girl's friend try to commit suicide?
(a) She was gang raped.
(b) She didn't get into college.
(c) She watched her family die.
(d) She was alone in the world.
4. What amazes Sexton when he and Didi get to the Undercut?
(a) That nobody wonders who she is.
(b) That she is so happy.
(c) That she has so much money.
(d) That nobody charges Didi.
5. What is the noise Theo makes when he is injured?
(a) A death rattle.
(b) A moan.
(c) A heart beating.
(d) A secret chant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Sexton tell to pursue Foxglove and her work?
2. What does Didi want to do after eating outside of her apartment?
3. Who owns the Ankh?
4. What does the Eremite say his blood mixture will do to mark what it can predict the coming of?
5. How does Theo die?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Didi say Sexton will probably die, and what consolation does she give him?
2. What strange thing happens when Didi takes a cab to the club?
3. What does the girl with the gloves say her 'friend' felt when she woke up?
4. What does Foxglove sing about?
5. What happens when Sexton and Didi play with a rebounding clown toy?
6. How does Didi fight against Sexton's reasoning that she is not Death?
7. Why does Didi yell at Sexton?
8. What does Sexton say to the girl with the gloves when he first meets her?
9. What does the Eremite do to help Theo know who Didi is?
10. What does Sexton say to the record producer?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)