|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Didi say no human has?
(a) A reading on people.
(b) An honest heart.
(c) A sense of direction.
(d) A true joy.
2. What is the Eremite's name?
(a) He never gives one.
3. Where does the Eremite put his blood mixture?
(a) A phial.
(b) A cup.
(c) A beaker.
(d) A locket.
4. Who hid what Hettie is looking for?
(a) The Sandman.
5. Where does the girl who talks to Sexton about suicide say her friend went?
(a) To college.
(b) To the city.
(c) To a psychiatric hospital.
(d) To her grandparents' house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Eremite say his blood mixture will predict the coming of?
2. What does Sexton do at the beginning of Chapter 2?
3. What does Didi tell Hettie she will look for?
4. What amazes Sexton when he and Didi get to the Undercut?
5. Who does Foxglove make art about?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Sexton and Didi play with a rebounding clown toy?
2. Why does Didi yell at Sexton?
3. How does Sexton try to prove that Didi is not Death?
4. What does the Eremite do to help Theo know who Didi is?
5. What does the girl with the gloves say her 'friend' felt when she woke up?
6. What does Sexton's father do for a living?
7. What does the Eremite tell Sexton he is witnessing in the vacant building?
8. How does Didi say Sexton will probably die, and what consolation does she give him?
9. What does Didi apologize to Sexton for?
10. What does Foxglove sing about?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)