|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the Eremite take blood from?
(a) The lip.
(b) The ear.
(c) The cheek.
(d) The hand.
2. Who does Didi take with her to look for something for Hettie?
(b) All of these.
(c) The Sandman.
3. Why does Sexton say he will stay with Didi?
(a) He has nothing better to do.
(b) He is falling in love with her.
(c) He is worried about her.
(d) He thinks he found his calling.
4. Who can the Eremite sense as they get closer?
(b) Mad Hettie.
(c) The Sandman.
5. What is wrong with the Eremite?
(a) He is blind.
(b) He is lame.
(c) He is mute.
(d) He is deaf.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Sexton's father's name?
2. What does the Eremite say Theo will get when he turns over the Ankh?
3. Why does the Eremite strike a man?
4. Who does Foxglove make art about?
5. What does Didi say is part of the human condition?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Eremite tell Sexton he is witnessing in the vacant building?
2. What does Sexton's father do for a living?
3. What does Didi do just after leaving her apartment?
4. What strange thing happens when Didi takes a cab to the club?
5. How does Didi say Sexton will probably die, and what consolation does she give him?
6. What does the girl with the gloves say to Sexton in the club about her 'friend'?
7. What does the girl with the gloves say her 'friend' felt when she woke up?
8. What happens when Sexton and Didi play with a rebounding clown toy?
9. How does Didi fight against Sexton's reasoning that she is not Death?
10. Why is Hazel at the club?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)