|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Eremite say his blood mixture will predict the coming of?
(a) The millennium.
(b) Mad Hettie.
(d) The solstice.
2. What does the Eremite say his blood mixture will do to mark what it can predict the coming of?
(d) Dry up.
3. What does Didi say no human has?
(a) A sense of direction.
(b) A true joy.
(c) An honest heart.
(d) A reading on people.
4. Why does Sexton say he will stay with Didi?
(a) He is falling in love with her.
(b) He thinks he found his calling.
(c) He has nothing better to do.
(d) He is worried about her.
5. What is the noise Theo makes when he is injured?
(a) A secret chant.
(b) A moan.
(c) A heart beating.
(d) A death rattle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Didi tell Hettie she will look for?
2. Why does the Eremite strike a man?
3. Who hid what Hettie is looking for?
4. Who is most worried about Theo when he is injured?
5. Why is Hettie unable to find what she is looking for on her own?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Didi say Sexton will probably die, and what consolation does she give him?
2. What does Didi say she feels guilty about while trapped in the vacant building?
3. What does the girl with the gloves say to Sexton in the club about her 'friend'?
4. What does Foxglove sing about?
5. What does Didi apologize to Sexton for?
6. What does Sexton say to the girl with the gloves when he first meets her?
7. Why does Sexton tell Didi he agrees to stay with her?
8. What does the girl with the gloves say her 'friend' felt when she woke up?
9. What does Sexton's father do for a living?
10. What happens when Sexton and Didi play with a rebounding clown toy?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)