|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the girl's friend try to commit suicide?
(a) She didn't get into college.
(b) She was alone in the world.
(c) She watched her family die.
(d) She was gang raped.
2. What is the Ankh?
(a) A book.
(b) A talisman.
(c) A symbol of life.
(d) A symbol of death.
3. Where does the Eremite put his blood mixture?
(a) A locket.
(b) A beaker.
(c) A cup.
(d) A phial.
4. Where does the girl who talks to Sexton about suicide say her friend went?
(a) To the city.
(b) To her grandparents' house.
(c) To a psychiatric hospital.
(d) To college.
5. How does Sexton describe Theo?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sexton do at the beginning of Chapter 2?
2. Where does Hettie say she might find what she is looking for?
3. What does the Eremite tell Sexton he is witnessing when they first meet?
4. What does Didi pay for what she eats after leaving her apartment?
5. What does the Eremite say the Ankh is worth?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Foxglove sing about?
2. Why is Hazel at the club?
3. What happens when Sexton and Didi play with a rebounding clown toy?
4. What does Didi do just after leaving her apartment?
5. What does the Eremite do to help Theo know who Didi is?
6. What does Didi tell Sexton about crazy people?
7. What does Didi say she feels guilty about while trapped in the vacant building?
8. How does Didi fight against Sexton's reasoning that she is not Death?
9. What does Didi apologize to Sexton for?
10. What does the girl with the gloves say to Sexton in the club about her 'friend'?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)