|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Didi say no human has?
(a) An honest heart.
(b) A reading on people.
(c) A sense of direction.
(d) A true joy.
2. What does the Eremite say his blood mixture will predict the coming of?
(b) Mad Hettie.
(c) The millennium.
(d) The solstice.
3. How does Theo get Didi to come with him?
(a) He tells her she is beautiful.
(b) He promises to buy her a hotdog.
(c) He gives her the secret password.
(d) He promises her a good time.
4. Who does Didi take with her to look for something for Hettie?
(b) The Sandman.
(d) All of these.
5. What is the noise Theo makes when he is injured?
(a) A heart beating.
(b) A moan.
(c) A death rattle.
(d) A secret chant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the girl who talks to Sexton about suicide say her friend went?
2. What is Xerxes?
3. Why is Hettie unable to find what she is looking for on her own?
4. What does Didi pay for what she eats after leaving her apartment?
5. Who does the Eremite tell when he senses someone coming closer?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Didi tell Sexton about crazy people?
2. What does Didi apologize to Sexton for?
3. What does Didi do just after leaving her apartment?
4. What does Didi say she feels guilty about while trapped in the vacant building?
5. What strange thing happens when Didi takes a cab to the club?
6. What does the girl with the gloves say to Sexton in the club about her 'friend'?
7. How does Didi say Sexton will probably die, and what consolation does she give him?
8. What does Foxglove sing about?
9. What does Sexton's father do for a living?
10. What does Sexton say to the record producer?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)