|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hettie use the bird for?
(a) To have a meal.
(b) To heal her wounds.
(c) To entertain a guest.
(d) To see into the future.
2. What kind of place does Didi live in?
(a) An apartment.
(b) A palace.
(c) A condo.
(d) A hotel.
3. What does the person threatening Sexton NOT want to do?
(a) Miss her.
(b) All of these.
(c) Hurt him.
(d) Continue living.
4. What does Sexton slip on when his mother sends him out?
(a) A puddle.
(b) A scarf.
(c) Some plastic bags.
(d) Some garbage.
5. What does the person threatening Sexton want from Didi?
(a) Her death.
(b) Her fate.
(c) Her heart.
(d) Her soul.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long ago did Didi begin living alone?
2. What is Sexton's last name?
3. What is Mrs. Robbins's occupation?
4. Who threatens Sexton when he leaves Didi's place?
5. Where does Hettie live?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the girls get angry with Hettie?
2. What does Sexton say his mother is clueless about?
3. What does Mrs. Robbins say happened to Didi's family?
4. What happens when Sexton leaves Didi's apartment?
5. What does Hettie want from Didi, and what is Didi's response to this?
6. How does Sexton meet Didi?
7. What does Hettie use the bird for?
8. What does Didi tell Sexton she is?
9. How does Sexton show his compassion when he sees Billy?
10. What brings Didi great joy when she gets to her apartment?
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)