|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Sexton?
2. What purpose does Didi say her family served for her?
(a) They give her something to live for.
(b) They fill her with hope.
(c) They give her a way to fit in.
(d) They give her strength.
3. Who do the girls bring to Hettie at the beginning of the book?
(a) A dove.
(b) A swan.
(c) A sparrow.
(d) A pigeon.
4. What does Didi tell the person threatening Sexton to do?
(a) Explain things to him.
(b) Go away.
(c) Kill him.
(d) Leave him alone.
5. What month does this book start in?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of place does Didi live in?
2. What does Sexton say when he sees a picture of Didi's family?
3. How long ago did Didi begin living alone?
4. What is Sexton's last name?
5. Where does Sexton go when his mother sends him out?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hettie want from Didi, and what is Didi's response to this?
2. What does Mrs. Robbins say happened to Didi's family?
3. What does Sexton say when he sees a picture of Didi's family?
4. What does Didi tell Sexton she is?
5. What does Sexton think is happening to Didi when she tells him who she is?
6. What does Sexton say his mother is clueless about?
7. What does Didi say about her family when Sexton comments on a picture of them?
8. How does Sexton meet Didi?
9. Why does Hettie think Sexton can show her where Didi is?
10. What do the girls think Hettie is going to do with the bird they bring her?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)