|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sexton's mother send him out?
(a) She is cleaning.
(b) She needs something from the store.
(c) He is making her sad.
(d) He is running late.
2. What is Hettie?
(a) A witch.
(b) A nymph.
(c) A devil.
(d) An angel.
3. What is Sexton threatened with after he trips while leaving Didi's place?
(a) A stick.
(b) A law suit.
(c) A knife.
(d) A broken bottle.
4. How many girls is Hettie waiting for at the beginning of the book?
5. How long ago did Didi begin living alone?
(a) 1 day.
(b) 1 month.
(c) 1 year.
(d) 1 week.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Billy's last name?
2. Where does Sexton go when his mother sends him out?
3. What does Didi tell the person threatening Sexton to do?
4. What does the person threatening Sexton want from Didi?
5. Who does Sexton see when he leaves Didi's place?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sexton say his mother is clueless about?
2. What brings Didi great joy when she gets to her apartment?
3. Why does Sexton want to kill himself?
4. What does Sexton say when he sees a picture of Didi's family?
5. Why does Sexton's mother send him out of the house?
6. What does Hettie do when the girls get angry with her?
7. Why does Hettie think Sexton can show her where Didi is?
8. Why do the girls get angry with Hettie?
9. What happens when Sexton leaves Didi's apartment?
10. What does Hettie want from Didi, and what is Didi's response to this?
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)