|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who threatens Sexton when he leaves Didi's place?
(b) A Warlock.
(c) An old man.
2. Where does Sexton live?
(a) New York.
(b) Los Angeles.
3. How does Sexton feel when he first meets Didi?
4. What does the person threatening Sexton tell Didi Sexton will be used as?
(a) A pawn in the game.
(b) A bargaining chip.
(c) A road map.
(d) A good cover.
5. Who does Sexton see when he leaves Didi's place?
(a) A tiny dog.
(b) An old man.
(c) An old woman.
(d) A small child.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of place does Didi live in?
2. What is Sexton threatened with after he trips while leaving Didi's place?
3. What is wrong with Billy?
4. Why was Sexton threatened when he left Didi's place?
5. What is a Haruspex?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sexton meet Didi?
2. What does Hettie want from Didi, and what is Didi's response to this?
3. What does Sexton do before leaving his house as his mother sends him away?
4. What does Hettie use the bird for?
5. What does Sexton say when he sees a picture of Didi's family?
6. What does Sexton do when Hettie speaks to him on the street?
7. Why do the girls get angry with Hettie?
8. Why does Sexton want to kill himself?
9. What brings Didi great joy when she gets to her apartment?
10. How does Sexton show his compassion when he sees Billy?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)