|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sexton say he thinks Didi really is after hearing what she thinks she is?
(b) An Actor.
2. What is Sexton writing at the beginning of the book?
(a) A journal entry.
(b) A short story.
(c) An essay.
(d) A note.
3. Who does Sexton see when he leaves Didi's place?
(a) An old man.
(b) A small child.
(c) An old woman.
(d) A tiny dog.
4. What color is the bird delivered to Hettie?
5. What does Sexton try to do when he leaves Didi's house?
(a) Help the man across the street.
(b) Cheer up the child.
(c) Avoid the old woman.
(d) Pet the dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sexton feel when he is threatened?
2. Why does Hettie break the leg of one of the girls?
3. What is a Haruspex?
4. What is the name of Sexton's mother?
5. What does Sexton suggest Didi do when she tells him how old she is?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Didi say about her family when Sexton comments on a picture of them?
2. What does Hettie do when the girls get angry with her?
3. What does Sexton say his mother is clueless about?
4. What brings Didi great joy when she gets to her apartment?
5. Why does Hettie think Sexton can show her where Didi is?
6. What does Sexton do before leaving his house as his mother sends him away?
7. What does Hettie use the bird for?
8. Why do the girls get angry with Hettie?
9. What do the girls think Hettie is going to do with the bird they bring her?
10. Why does Sexton's mother send him out of the house?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)