|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sexton get trapped under after he slips?
(a) A car.
(b) A pile of wood.
(c) A statue.
(d) A refrigerator.
2. Who tells Sexton about why Didi lives alone?
(a) Mrs. Robbins.
3. What does Sexton trip on after leaving Didi's place?
(a) A trash bag.
(b) A twig.
(c) A sidewalk crack.
(d) A string.
4. Why was Sexton threatened when he left Didi's place?
(a) He has Didi's scent on him.
(b) He came from Didi's house.
(c) He looks like someone about to meet death.
(d) He seems threatening.
5. What is Sexton's last name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mrs. Robbins's occupation?
2. Where does Hettie wait for the girls at the beginning of the book?
3. How does Sexton feel when he first meets Didi?
4. Where does Sexton live?
5. Who does Sexton see when he leaves Didi's place?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Didi tell Sexton she is?
2. What does Sexton say when he sees a picture of Didi's family?
3. What do the girls think Hettie is going to do with the bird they bring her?
4. How does Sexton show his compassion when he sees Billy?
5. What does Sexton do before leaving his house as his mother sends him away?
6. Why does Hettie think Sexton can show her where Didi is?
7. What does Didi say about her family when Sexton comments on a picture of them?
8. What does Mrs. Robbins say happened to Didi's family?
9. What does Sexton do when Hettie speaks to him on the street?
10. Why do the girls get angry with Hettie?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)