|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What month does this book start in?
2. What is the name of the girl with the broken leg?
3. What does Sexton get trapped under after he slips?
(a) A refrigerator.
(b) A statue.
(c) A pile of wood.
(d) A car.
4. How many girls is Hettie waiting for at the beginning of the book?
5. What do people call Hettie?
(a) Sly Hettie.
(b) Sweet Hettie.
(c) Mad Hettie.
(d) Old Hettie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Didi tell Sexton she really is?
2. Where does Billy spend most of his time?
3. What purpose does Didi say her family served for her?
4. What does the person threatening Sexton NOT want to do?
5. What does Sexton say when he sees a picture of Didi's family?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sexton meet Didi?
2. What brings Didi great joy when she gets to her apartment?
3. Why does Sexton's mother send him out of the house?
4. What does Hettie do when the girls get angry with her?
5. What does Hettie use the bird for?
6. What do the girls think Hettie is going to do with the bird they bring her?
7. What does Sexton say when he sees a picture of Didi's family?
8. Why does Sexton want to kill himself?
9. What does Sexton do when Hettie speaks to him on the street?
10. Why do the girls get angry with Hettie?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)