|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sexton try to do when he leaves Didi's house?
(a) Avoid the old woman.
(b) Help the man across the street.
(c) Cheer up the child.
(d) Pet the dog.
2. What does Sexton trip on after leaving Didi's place?
(a) A string.
(b) A trash bag.
(c) A sidewalk crack.
(d) A twig.
3. What gets ripped when Sexton gets trapped under something?
(a) His jeans.
(b) His shoes.
(c) His bag.
(d) His shirt.
4. Where does Billy spend most of his time?
(a) In the hall.
(b) On the steps.
(c) In his room.
(d) On the porch.
5. What is Mrs. Robbins's occupation?
(a) Store owner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a Haruspex?
2. What month does this book start in?
3. Why does Sexton's mother send him out?
4. Who does Didi say she gets to see?
5. What is Hettie?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sexton do before leaving his house as his mother sends him away?
2. What do the girls think Hettie is going to do with the bird they bring her?
3. What does Hettie want from Didi, and what is Didi's response to this?
4. Why does Hettie think Sexton can show her where Didi is?
5. What does Sexton think is happening to Didi when she tells him who she is?
6. What does Sexton do when Hettie speaks to him on the street?
7. What happens when Sexton leaves Didi's apartment?
8. What brings Didi great joy when she gets to her apartment?
9. How does Sexton meet Didi?
10. What does Hettie do when the girls get angry with her?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)