|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the person threatening Sexton say will be cut off first?
(a) His toes.
(b) His fingers.
(c) His ears.
(d) His nose.
2. What is Mrs. Robbins's occupation?
(b) Store owner.
3. What purpose does Didi say her family served for her?
(a) They give her a way to fit in.
(b) They fill her with hope.
(c) They give her something to live for.
(d) They give her strength.
4. How does Sexton feel when he is threatened?
5. What does Sexton try to do when he leaves Didi's house?
(a) Pet the dog.
(b) Cheer up the child.
(c) Avoid the old woman.
(d) Help the man across the street.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Hettie break the leg of one of the girls?
2. What does Sexton say he hoped Didi was when he met her?
3. What does Sexton get trapped under after he slips?
4. What is Sexton writing about at the beginning of the book?
5. What color is the bird delivered to Hettie?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sexton show his compassion when he sees Billy?
2. How does Sexton meet Didi?
3. Why does Sexton's mother send him out of the house?
4. Why do the girls get angry with Hettie?
5. Why does Sexton want to kill himself?
6. What does Hettie use the bird for?
7. What does Mrs. Robbins say happened to Didi's family?
8. What does Sexton think is happening to Didi when she tells him who she is?
9. What does Sexton say when he sees a picture of Didi's family?
10. What does Hettie want from Didi, and what is Didi's response to this?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)