|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Sexton threatened when he left Didi's place?
(a) He looks like someone about to meet death.
(b) He has Didi's scent on him.
(c) He came from Didi's house.
(d) He seems threatening.
2. How does Billy communicate?
(a) With grunts.
(b) With drawings.
(c) All of these.
(d) With hand movements.
3. What does the person threatening Sexton NOT want to do?
(a) Hurt him.
(b) Miss her.
(c) All of these.
(d) Continue living.
4. What is wrong with Billy?
(a) He is anemic.
(b) He has no hair.
(c) He is deaf.
(d) He is in a wheelchair.
5. What is Mrs. Robbins's occupation?
(a) Store owner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Hettie?
2. What does Sexton try to do when he leaves Didi's house?
3. What does Sexton trip on after leaving Didi's place?
4. What is Sexton threatened with after he trips while leaving Didi's place?
5. What does Hettie use the bird for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Didi tell Sexton she is?
2. What does Didi say about her family when Sexton comments on a picture of them?
3. What does Sexton say when he sees a picture of Didi's family?
4. Why does Hettie think Sexton can show her where Didi is?
5. What does Sexton say his mother is clueless about?
6. What do the girls think Hettie is going to do with the bird they bring her?
7. What does Sexton do before leaving his house as his mother sends him away?
8. How does Sexton show his compassion when he sees Billy?
9. What does Hettie want from Didi, and what is Didi's response to this?
10. What does Sexton think is happening to Didi when she tells him who she is?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)