|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is the bird delivered to Hettie?
2. What is Hettie?
(a) A witch.
(b) A nymph.
(c) An angel.
(d) A devil.
3. What does Sexton suggest Didi do when she tells him how old she is?
(a) Take a nap.
(b) Stop lying.
(c) Tell the woman downstairs.
(d) Go see a doctor.
4. Why does Didi live alone?
(a) Her family kicked her out of her house.
(b) She is living abroad.
(c) Her family died in an accident.
(d) She ran away from her house.
5. What did Didi get great joy from while with Sexton?
(a) Walking through the park.
(b) Eating an apple.
(c) Speaking with him.
(d) Sewing his shirt.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Hettie wait for the girls at the beginning of the book?
2. How did Hettie break the leg of one of the girls?
3. What is the name of Sexton's mother?
4. What is Sexton threatened with after he trips while leaving Didi's place?
5. Where does Billy spend most of his time?
Short Essay Questions
1. What brings Didi great joy when she gets to her apartment?
2. Why do the girls get angry with Hettie?
3. What does Hettie do when the girls get angry with her?
4. What does Sexton do before leaving his house as his mother sends him away?
5. What does Sexton do when Hettie speaks to him on the street?
6. What does Sexton say his mother is clueless about?
7. What does Sexton think is happening to Didi when she tells him who she is?
8. What does Didi tell Sexton she is?
9. What happens when Sexton leaves Didi's apartment?
10. What does Didi say about her family when Sexton comments on a picture of them?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)