|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is the bird delivered to Hettie?
2. How does Billy communicate?
(a) With drawings.
(b) All of these.
(c) With grunts.
(d) With hand movements.
3. What purpose does Didi say her family served for her?
(a) They fill her with hope.
(b) They give her a way to fit in.
(c) They give her something to live for.
(d) They give her strength.
4. Why was Sexton threatened when he left Didi's place?
(a) He has Didi's scent on him.
(b) He seems threatening.
(c) He came from Didi's house.
(d) He looks like someone about to meet death.
5. What is Mrs. Robbins first name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is wrong with Billy?
2. How long ago did Didi begin living alone?
3. How old does Didi tell Sexton she is?
4. What is Sexton threatened with after he trips while leaving Didi's place?
5. What does Sexton's mother feel like doing at the beginning of the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hettie reminisce about while looking for something in Didi's apartment?
2. Why does Sexton want to kill himself?
3. What does Sexton do at the diner that he did not do any time earlier in this book?
4. What wakes up Didi and Sexton while they are trapped in the vacant building?
5. What does the girl with the gloves say to Sexton in the club about her 'friend'?
6. What does Hettie use the bird for?
7. What ironic comment about death does Mrs. Robbins make after Didi is freed from the vacant building?
8. Why does Sexton tell Didi he agrees to stay with her?
9. How does Sexton try to prove that Didi is not Death?
10. What does Didi say she feels guilty about while trapped in the vacant building?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)