|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a Haruspex?
(a) A magician.
(b) A troll.
(c) A witch.
(d) A wizard.
2. Where does Hettie wait for the girls at the beginning of the book?
(a) A basement.
(b) An alley.
(c) A store.
(d) A park.
3. What does Didi tell the person threatening Sexton to do?
(a) Kill him.
(b) Leave him alone.
(c) Explain things to him.
(d) Go away.
4. How did Hettie break the leg of one of the girls?
(a) She snapped a twig.
(b) She snapper her fingers.
(c) She said a spell.
(d) She touched her nose.
5. What is Sexton's last name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sexton say he thinks Didi really is after hearing what she thinks she is?
2. Where does Sexton go when his mother sends him out?
3. What is Sexton writing at the beginning of the book?
4. What do people call Hettie?
5. How does Sexton feel when he is threatened?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sexton think is happening to Didi when she tells him who she is?
2. What does Hettie use the bird for?
3. How does Sexton show his compassion when he sees Billy?
4. What does Sexton say his mother is clueless about?
5. What does Didi say about her family when Sexton comments on a picture of them?
6. Why does Hettie think Sexton can show her where Didi is?
7. How does Sexton meet Didi?
8. What does Mrs. Robbins say happened to Didi's family?
9. What brings Didi great joy when she gets to her apartment?
10. What does Sexton do when Hettie speaks to him on the street?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)