|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do the girls bring to Hettie at the beginning of the book?
(a) A pigeon.
(b) A dove.
(c) A swan.
(d) A sparrow.
2. How old does Didi tell Sexton she is?
(a) 3 hours.
(b) 3 months.
(c) 3 days.
(d) 3 weeks.
3. What is the name of the girl with the broken leg?
4. How long ago did Didi begin living alone?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 1 month.
(c) 1 day.
(d) 1 week.
5. Where does Hettie live?
(a) Los Angeles.
(b) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Didi live alone?
2. How did Hettie break the leg of one of the girls?
3. Why does Hettie break the leg of one of the girls?
4. What is Sexton writing about at the beginning of the book?
5. What color is the bird delivered to Hettie?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the girls think Hettie is going to do with the bird they bring her?
2. What does Sexton do when Hettie speaks to him on the street?
3. What does Sexton say his mother is clueless about?
4. What does Hettie want from Didi, and what is Didi's response to this?
5. Why do the girls get angry with Hettie?
6. How does Sexton meet Didi?
7. What brings Didi great joy when she gets to her apartment?
8. What does Sexton do before leaving his house as his mother sends him away?
9. What happens when Sexton leaves Didi's apartment?
10. What does Mrs. Robbins say happened to Didi's family?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)