|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Sexton writing at the beginning of the book?
(a) A note.
(b) A journal entry.
(c) A short story.
(d) An essay.
2. How does Sexton feel when he is threatened?
3. What month does this book start in?
4. How does Billy communicate?
(a) With drawings.
(b) All of these.
(c) With hand movements.
(d) With grunts.
5. What color is the bird delivered to Hettie?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do people call Hettie?
2. What kind of place does Didi live in?
3. What is Mrs. Robbins's occupation?
4. Who does Sexton see when he leaves Didi's place?
5. Why does Didi live alone?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Sexton want to kill himself?
2. What does Hettie use the bird for?
3. What does Sexton say his mother is clueless about?
4. What does Hettie do when the girls get angry with her?
5. What does Sexton do before leaving his house as his mother sends him away?
6. What does Didi tell Sexton she is?
7. Why does Hettie think Sexton can show her where Didi is?
8. How does Sexton meet Didi?
9. What does Sexton think is happening to Didi when she tells him who she is?
10. What brings Didi great joy when she gets to her apartment?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)