|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the person threatening Sexton say will be cut off first?
(a) His nose.
(b) His toes.
(c) His fingers.
(d) His ears.
2. What do people call Hettie?
(a) Sly Hettie.
(b) Mad Hettie.
(c) Old Hettie.
(d) Sweet Hettie.
3. What does Sexton try to do when he leaves Didi's house?
(a) Avoid the old woman.
(b) Cheer up the child.
(c) Help the man across the street.
(d) Pet the dog.
4. What is Sexton writing about at the beginning of the book?
(a) His life.
(c) His father.
(d) A dream.
5. Who does Didi say she gets to see?
(b) The doctor.
(d) Her family.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Didi tell Sexton she really is?
2. What does Sexton say he thinks Didi really is after hearing what she thinks she is?
3. What does the person threatening Sexton tell Didi Sexton will be used as?
4. Who tells Sexton about why Didi lives alone?
5. How old is Sexton?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sexton say his mother is clueless about?
2. What happens when Sexton leaves Didi's apartment?
3. What do the girls think Hettie is going to do with the bird they bring her?
4. Why does Sexton's mother send him out of the house?
5. What does Sexton do when Hettie speaks to him on the street?
6. What does Sexton think is happening to Didi when she tells him who she is?
7. Why does Sexton want to kill himself?
8. What does Didi say about her family when Sexton comments on a picture of them?
9. What does Hettie use the bird for?
10. How does Sexton meet Didi?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)