|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the girl with the broken leg?
2. Why does Hettie break the leg of one of the girls?
(a) They said something rude to her.
(b) They saw her signal.
(c) They threatened her.
(d) They brought her the wrong bird.
3. How old is a Haruspex?
(a) 100 years.
(b) 250 years.
(c) 150 years.
(d) 1,000 years.
4. What is Sexton threatened with after he trips while leaving Didi's place?
(a) A knife.
(b) A law suit.
(c) A stick.
(d) A broken bottle.
5. Who do the girls bring to Hettie at the beginning of the book?
(a) A swan.
(b) A pigeon.
(c) A dove.
(d) A sparrow.
Short Answer Questions
1. What purpose does Didi say her family served for her?
2. What does Didi tell Sexton she really is?
3. How does Sexton describe his life at the beginning of the book?
4. What does Sexton get trapped under after he slips?
5. What is Mrs. Robbins first name?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sexton say to the record producer?
2. What happens when Sexton and Didi play with a rebounding clown toy?
3. How are Sexton and Didi rescued from the vacant building?
4. What does the Eremite tell Sexton he is witnessing in the vacant building?
5. How does Sexton meet Didi?
6. What does Foxglove sing about?
7. How often does Didi say Death becomes mortal?
8. How does Mrs. Robbins think Didi died?
9. Why is Hazel at the club?
10. What does Sexton's father do for a living?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)