|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the person threatening Sexton tell Didi Sexton will be used as?
(a) A good cover.
(b) A bargaining chip.
(c) A pawn in the game.
(d) A road map.
2. How does Sexton describe his life at the beginning of the book?
3. How old does Didi tell Sexton she is?
(a) 3 weeks.
(b) 3 hours.
(c) 3 months.
(d) 3 days.
4. What purpose does Didi say her family served for her?
(a) They give her strength.
(b) They fill her with hope.
(c) They give her something to live for.
(d) They give her a way to fit in.
5. What kind of place does Didi live in?
(a) A hotel.
(b) A condo.
(c) A palace.
(d) An apartment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is the bird delivered to Hettie?
2. How many girls is Hettie waiting for at the beginning of the book?
3. What is Sexton threatened with after he trips while leaving Didi's place?
4. Where does Billy spend most of his time?
5. What does Did offer to do for Sexton when they first meet?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Sexton's mother send him out of the house?
2. What does Sexton do when Hettie speaks to him on the street?
3. What do the girls think Hettie is going to do with the bird they bring her?
4. What does Didi say about her family when Sexton comments on a picture of them?
5. Why does Hettie think Sexton can show her where Didi is?
6. What does Didi tell Sexton she is?
7. How does Sexton show his compassion when he sees Billy?
8. Why does Sexton want to kill himself?
9. What happens when Sexton leaves Didi's apartment?
10. What does Sexton do before leaving his house as his mother sends him away?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)