|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What month does this book start in?
2. What does the person threatening Sexton NOT want to do?
(a) All of these.
(b) Continue living.
(c) Miss her.
(d) Hurt him.
3. How does Sexton feel when he first meets Didi?
4. What does Sexton say when he sees a picture of Didi's family?
(a) They look nice.
(b) It seems so strange.
(c) He is sorry for her loss.
(d) She doesn't fit there.
5. What does Sexton slip on when his mother sends him out?
(a) A scarf.
(b) A puddle.
(c) Some plastic bags.
(d) Some garbage.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sexton feel when he is threatened?
2. What does the person threatening Sexton tell Didi Sexton will be used as?
3. What is Sexton writing about at the beginning of the book?
4. What is a Haruspex?
5. Who do the girls bring to Hettie at the beginning of the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sexton do when Hettie speaks to him on the street?
2. What brings Didi great joy when she gets to her apartment?
3. What happens when Sexton leaves Didi's apartment?
4. Why does Hettie think Sexton can show her where Didi is?
5. What does Sexton do before leaving his house as his mother sends him away?
6. What does Hettie use the bird for?
7. What does Hettie do when the girls get angry with her?
8. What does Sexton say his mother is clueless about?
9. What does Hettie want from Didi, and what is Didi's response to this?
10. What does Didi say about her family when Sexton comments on a picture of them?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)