|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the person threatening Sexton tell Didi Sexton will be used as?
(a) A good cover.
(b) A pawn in the game.
(c) A bargaining chip.
(d) A road map.
2. Who do the girls bring to Hettie at the beginning of the book?
(a) A dove.
(b) A pigeon.
(c) A swan.
(d) A sparrow.
3. How did Hettie break the leg of one of the girls?
(a) She said a spell.
(b) She snapper her fingers.
(c) She touched her nose.
(d) She snapped a twig.
4. What do people call Hettie?
(a) Sly Hettie.
(b) Mad Hettie.
(c) Old Hettie.
(d) Sweet Hettie.
5. How does Billy communicate?
(a) With grunts.
(b) All of these.
(c) With drawings.
(d) With hand movements.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Sexton's mother?
2. What does Didi tell Sexton she really is?
3. What purpose does Didi say her family served for her?
4. Who tells Sexton about why Didi lives alone?
5. Why does Didi live alone?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hettie look for in Didi's apartment, and where does she go when she can't find it?
2. What does Sexton say made him first want to commit suicide?
3. How often does Didi say Death becomes mortal?
4. Where does Hettie find her heart, and what does it look like?
5. How are Sexton and Didi rescued from the vacant building?
6. What does Sexton say his mother is clueless about?
7. Why do the girls get angry with Hettie?
8. What does Mrs. Robbins say happened to Didi's family?
9. What does Sexton say to the girl with the gloves when he first meets her?
10. What does Sexton say when he sees a picture of Didi's family?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)