|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hettie use the bird for?
(a) To see into the future.
(b) To heal her wounds.
(c) To have a meal.
(d) To entertain a guest.
2. Where does Sexton go when his mother sends him out?
(a) The dump.
(b) A store.
(c) The school.
(d) A park.
3. How does Sexton feel when he first meets Didi?
4. What do people call Hettie?
(a) Sweet Hettie.
(b) Mad Hettie.
(c) Sly Hettie.
(d) Old Hettie.
5. What is Sexton writing about at the beginning of the book?
(b) A dream.
(c) His life.
(d) His father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who threatens Sexton when he leaves Didi's place?
2. How did Hettie break the leg of one of the girls?
3. How does Sexton describe his life at the beginning of the book?
4. Who does Didi say she gets to see?
5. How old is a Haruspex?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the girls think Hettie is going to do with the bird they bring her?
2. What brings Didi great joy when she gets to her apartment?
3. What does Foxglove sing about?
4. What does Didi do just after leaving her apartment?
5. Why does Sexton tell Didi he agrees to stay with her?
6. What does Didi apologize to Sexton for?
7. What does Sexton say made him first want to commit suicide?
8. How does Didi say Sexton will probably die, and what consolation does she give him?
9. What does Sexton do when Hettie speaks to him on the street?
10. What does Sexton find in the vacant building while looking for weapons, and how does he use them?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)