|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hettie use the bird for?
(a) To have a meal.
(b) To heal her wounds.
(c) To see into the future.
(d) To entertain a guest.
2. What do people call Hettie?
(a) Mad Hettie.
(b) Sly Hettie.
(c) Old Hettie.
(d) Sweet Hettie.
3. What did Didi get great joy from while with Sexton?
(a) Sewing his shirt.
(b) Speaking with him.
(c) Eating an apple.
(d) Walking through the park.
4. Who do the girls bring to Hettie at the beginning of the book?
(a) A dove.
(b) A swan.
(c) A sparrow.
(d) A pigeon.
5. What color is the bird delivered to Hettie?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mrs. Robbins first name?
2. How old does Didi tell Sexton she is?
3. How did Hettie break the leg of one of the girls?
4. What is wrong with Billy?
5. What is Sexton threatened with after he trips while leaving Didi's place?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Didi say about her family when Sexton comments on a picture of them?
2. What does Mrs. Robbins say happened to Didi's family?
3. Why does Hettie think Sexton can show her where Didi is?
4. What does Didi tell Sexton she is?
5. Why do the girls get angry with Hettie?
6. What do the girls think Hettie is going to do with the bird they bring her?
7. What does Hettie want from Didi, and what is Didi's response to this?
8. What does Sexton do before leaving his house as his mother sends him away?
9. What does Sexton think is happening to Didi when she tells him who she is?
10. How does Sexton meet Didi?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)