|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the Eremite tell Sexton not to scream when they first meet?
(a) It will cause them pain.
(b) Nobody will hear them.
(c) They will ruin his cause.
(d) It will alert the wrong people.
2. How does Sexton describe Theo?
3. Where does Did tell Hettie to go while she looks?
(a) A cave.
(b) Her apartment.
(c) Her side.
(d) The park.
4. Who does what Hettie is looking for belong to?
5. Who does Sexton tell to pursue Foxglove and her work?
(a) A record producer.
(b) A publisher.
(c) An art collector.
(d) A museum curator.
6. Why does Didi want Sexton to go with her and Theo?
(a) She is with him for the night.
(b) She wants to show him around.
(c) She doesn't want him to miss a good time.
(d) All of these.
7. What amazes Sexton when he and Didi get to the Undercut?
(a) That nobody charges Didi.
(b) That she is so happy.
(c) That nobody wonders who she is.
(d) That she has so much money.
8. Where does the girl who talks to Sexton about suicide say her friend went?
(a) To the city.
(b) To a psychiatric hospital.
(c) To college.
(d) To her grandparents' house.
9. What is Hazel's occupation?
10. How does Sexton know Hazel?
(a) She worked with his mother.
(b) She works at his school.
(c) She is a neighbor.
(d) She is his aunt.
11. How does Didi plan to travel after eating on the street with Sexton?
(a) On the subway.
(b) A cab.
(c) A motorcycle.
(d) By foot.
12. What is Sexton's father's name?
13. Who is most worried about Theo when he is injured?
(c) The Eremite.
14. What does Didi wonder about while eating after leaving the apartment?
(a) What makes hotdogs so good.
(b) Where she should go.
(c) How Hettie found her.
(d) Why Sexton has come along.
15. Why does the Eremite strike a man?
(a) He laughs at him.
(b) He has a strange aura.
(c) He gets excited to see Didi.
(d) He does not respect his omen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Didi tell Hettie she will look for?
2. How does Sexton describe Foxglove's work?
3. What does the Eremite say the Ankh is worth?
4. Who can the Eremite sense as they get closer?
5. What does Sexton tell Didi he thinks about her after they leave her apartment?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)