|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Didi say is part of the human condition?
(a) Not knowing where to go.
(b) Lying to themselves.
(c) Living in confusion.
(d) Having a strange sense of ideals.
2. What does the Eremite tell Sexton he is witnessing when they first meet?
(a) The end of death.
(b) The unlocking of all knowledge.
(c) The meeting of pleasure and pain.
(d) The triumph of good over evil.
3. What is Foxglove's occupation?
4. What does the Eremite mix the blood with?
(a) His blood.
(b) Holy water.
(d) His spit.
5. What does Didi say no human has?
(a) An honest heart.
(b) A true joy.
(c) A reading on people.
(d) A sense of direction.
6. What is wrong with the Eremite?
(a) He is mute.
(b) He is deaf.
(c) He is lame.
(d) He is blind.
7. How does Sexton describe Foxglove's work?
8. What does the Eremite say his blood mixture will do to mark what it can predict the coming of?
(d) Dry up.
9. Where does Hettie say she might find what she is looking for?
(a) Inside a duck.
(b) In a necklace.
(c) In the center of the earth.
(d) In a graveyard.
10. Where does the girl who talks to Sexton about suicide say her friend went?
(a) To a psychiatric hospital.
(b) To her grandparents' house.
(c) To college.
(d) To the city.
11. How does Sexton know Theo?
(a) They go to school together.
(b) They work together.
(c) They are cousins.
(d) They are neighbors.
12. What does the Eremite say the Ankh is worth?
(a) A life.
(c) The world.
(d) A fortune.
13. Who owns the Ankh?
(a) The Eremite.
(b) Mad Hettie.
14. What does Didi pay for what she eats after leaving her apartment?
15. What is The Undercut?
(a) A bar.
(b) A club.
(c) A salon.
(d) A restaurant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Foxglove make art about?
2. What does Sexton tell Didi he thinks about her after they leave her apartment?
3. Why does the Eremite strike a man?
4. Where does the Eremite put his blood mixture?
5. What about Sexton does Didi lash out?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)