|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who hid what Hettie is looking for?
(d) The Sandman.
2. What amazes Sexton when he and Didi get to the Undercut?
(a) That nobody wonders who she is.
(b) That nobody charges Didi.
(c) That she has so much money.
(d) That she is so happy.
3. What does Didi talk about after Sexton tells her what he thinks about her?
(b) His past.
(c) Her hair.
(d) Hot dogs.
4. Why is Hettie unable to find what she is looking for on her own?
(a) She can't read modern languages.
(b) It has been blocked from her all-seeing vision.
(c) Her brain has been addled.
(d) She can't remember where it is.
5. Who does Didi take with her to look for something for Hettie?
(b) All of these.
(d) The Sandman.
6. How much does Didi pay for her ride to the Undercut?
7. What does Didi say no human has?
(a) An honest heart.
(b) A true joy.
(c) A sense of direction.
(d) A reading on people.
8. What is The Undercut?
(a) A bar.
(b) A salon.
(c) A restaurant.
(d) A club.
9. Who wants to Ankh?
(b) The Eremite.
10. What does the Eremite mix the blood with?
(a) His spit.
(c) Holy water.
(d) His blood.
11. Where does the Eremite put his blood mixture?
(a) A beaker.
(b) A locket.
(c) A cup.
(d) A phial.
12. What does Sexton do at the beginning of Chapter 2?
(a) Talks to Didi.
(b) Reviews his day.
(c) Pleads for his life.
(d) Thinks about his suicide note.
13. How does Didi plan to travel after eating on the street with Sexton?
(a) A cab.
(b) On the subway.
(c) By foot.
(d) A motorcycle.
14. Why does Sexton say he will stay with Didi?
(a) He is worried about her.
(b) He thinks he found his calling.
(c) He is falling in love with her.
(d) He has nothing better to do.
15. Why does Didi want Sexton to go with her and Theo?
(a) She is with him for the night.
(b) She wants to show him around.
(c) All of these.
(d) She doesn't want him to miss a good time.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who can the Eremite sense as they get closer?
2. Who does what Hettie is looking for belong to?
3. Why did the girl's friend try to commit suicide?
4. Why does the Eremite tell Sexton not to scream when they first meet?
5. What about Sexton does Didi lash out?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)