|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sexton say he will stay with Didi?
(a) He thinks he found his calling.
(b) He is falling in love with her.
(c) He has nothing better to do.
(d) He is worried about her.
2. How does Theo get Didi to come with him?
(a) He tells her she is beautiful.
(b) He gives her the secret password.
(c) He promises to buy her a hotdog.
(d) He promises her a good time.
3. What is wrong with the Eremite?
(a) He is mute.
(b) He is deaf.
(c) He is lame.
(d) He is blind.
4. What is Xerxes?
(a) A constellation.
(b) A production company.
(c) A wiccan church.
(d) A strange drug.
5. Who does the Eremite tell when he senses someone coming closer?
6. Why does Didi want Sexton to go with her and Theo?
(a) She is with him for the night.
(b) She doesn't want him to miss a good time.
(c) She wants to show him around.
(d) All of these.
7. Who owns the Ankh?
(b) Mad Hettie.
(d) The Eremite.
8. What about Sexton does Didi lash out?
(a) His ambivalence.
(b) His fearful screaming.
(c) His lack of faith.
(d) His unkind comments.
9. What is The Undercut?
(a) A restaurant.
(b) A salon.
(c) A club.
(d) A bar.
10. Who hid what Hettie is looking for?
(b) The Sandman.
11. How does Sexton know Hazel?
(a) She works at his school.
(b) She is a neighbor.
(c) She is his aunt.
(d) She worked with his mother.
12. Where does Sexton talk about his desire to commit suicide?
(a) The park.
(b) The subway.
(c) The Undercut.
13. What does the Eremite say Theo will get when he turns over the Ankh?
14. What amazes Sexton when he and Didi get to the Undercut?
(a) That she has so much money.
(b) That nobody charges Didi.
(c) That she is so happy.
(d) That nobody wonders who she is.
15. What does Didi tell Hettie she will look for?
(a) Hettie's heart.
(b) Sexton's destiny.
(c) The future fate.
(d) Her purpose.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Didi wonder about while eating after leaving the apartment?
2. What does Sexton tell Didi he thinks about her after they leave her apartment?
3. Why does the Eremite tell Sexton not to scream when they first meet?
4. How does Theo die?
5. What does the Eremite say his blood mixture will predict the coming of?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)