|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Sexton talk about his desire to commit suicide?
(a) The Undercut.
(c) The subway.
(d) The park.
2. What is the Eremite's name?
(b) He never gives one.
3. Where does the girl who talks to Sexton about suicide say her friend went?
(a) To a psychiatric hospital.
(b) To her grandparents' house.
(c) To college.
(d) To the city.
4. Who does Sexton tell to pursue Foxglove and her work?
(a) A record producer.
(b) A publisher.
(c) An art collector.
(d) A museum curator.
5. What does Didi want to do after eating outside of her apartment?
(a) Go to a party.
(b) Get her hair done.
(c) Make Sexton safe.
(d) Get far away from Hettie.
6. What does the Eremite tell Sexton he is witnessing when they first meet?
(a) The unlocking of all knowledge.
(b) The meeting of pleasure and pain.
(c) The triumph of good over evil.
(d) The end of death.
7. Who hid what Hettie is looking for?
(b) The Sandman.
8. What is the girl who Sexton talks to about suicide wearing?
(a) A cast.
(d) A mask.
9. How does Theo die?
(a) He is shot.
(b) He falls off a wall.
(c) His head is smashed on a wall.
(d) He commits suicide.
10. Where does the Eremite put his blood mixture?
(a) A phial.
(b) A beaker.
(c) A cup.
(d) A locket.
11. Who owns the Ankh?
(b) The Eremite.
(c) Mad Hettie.
12. Who does Foxglove make art about?
(a) Her sexual experiences.
(b) Dreams she has had.
(c) Her memories.
(d) People who have died.
13. Why is Hettie unable to find what she is looking for on her own?
(a) She can't read modern languages.
(b) It has been blocked from her all-seeing vision.
(c) Her brain has been addled.
(d) She can't remember where it is.
14. What does the Eremite mix the blood with?
(a) Holy water.
(b) His spit.
(c) His blood.
15. What does Sexton do at the beginning of Chapter 2?
(a) Pleads for his life.
(b) Reviews his day.
(c) Thinks about his suicide note.
(d) Talks to Didi.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Hettie say she might find what she is looking for?
2. How does Sexton describe Foxglove's work?
3. Who wants to Ankh?
4. Where does the Eremite take blood from?
5. How did the girl's friend try to commit suicide?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)