|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the noise Theo makes when he is injured?
(a) A secret chant.
(b) A moan.
(c) A death rattle.
(d) A heart beating.
2. What amazes Sexton when he and Didi get to the Undercut?
(a) That she has so much money.
(b) That nobody charges Didi.
(c) That nobody wonders who she is.
(d) That she is so happy.
3. What does Didi get when she leaves the apartment?
(a) A hamburger.
(b) A hotdog.
(c) A bag of popcorn.
(d) A corn dog.
4. Where does the Eremite take blood from?
(a) The ear.
(b) The lip.
(c) The cheek.
(d) The hand.
5. How much does Didi pay for her ride to the Undercut?
6. What does Didi tell Hettie she will look for?
(a) Hettie's heart.
(b) Sexton's destiny.
(c) The future fate.
(d) Her purpose.
7. What is the girl who Sexton talks to about suicide wearing?
(a) A cast.
(b) A mask.
8. What is the Eremite's name?
(b) He never gives one.
9. What does the Eremite tell Sexton he is witnessing when they first meet?
(a) The end of death.
(b) The unlocking of all knowledge.
(c) The meeting of pleasure and pain.
(d) The triumph of good over evil.
10. How did the girl's friend try to commit suicide?
(a) She took a lot of pills.
(b) She shot herself.
(c) She jumped off a bridge.
(d) She cut herself with a hunting knife.
11. How does Sexton describe Foxglove's work?
12. Where does the Eremite put his blood mixture?
(a) A locket.
(b) A beaker.
(c) A cup.
(d) A phial.
13. What does the Eremite mix the blood with?
(a) His spit.
(b) His blood.
(c) Holy water.
14. Who owns the Ankh?
(c) The Eremite.
(d) Mad Hettie.
15. What is the Ankh?
(a) A symbol of death.
(b) A book.
(c) A talisman.
(d) A symbol of life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sexton tell Didi he thinks about her after they leave her apartment?
2. How does Didi plan to travel after eating on the street with Sexton?
3. What is wrong with the Eremite?
4. Why does Didi want Sexton to go with her and Theo?
5. Why is Hettie unable to find what she is looking for on her own?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)