|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Eremite say his blood mixture will do to mark what it can predict the coming of?
(b) Dry up.
2. How does Didi plan to travel after eating on the street with Sexton?
(a) By foot.
(b) A cab.
(c) On the subway.
(d) A motorcycle.
3. What is Xerxes?
(a) A strange drug.
(b) A wiccan church.
(c) A constellation.
(d) A production company.
4. Where does Did tell Hettie to go while she looks?
(a) A cave.
(b) Her side.
(c) The park.
(d) Her apartment.
5. Who can the Eremite sense as they get closer?
(a) The Sandman.
(d) Mad Hettie.
6. What is Hazel's occupation?
7. How does Sexton describe Theo?
8. Where does the girl who talks to Sexton about suicide say her friend went?
(a) To a psychiatric hospital.
(b) To the city.
(c) To her grandparents' house.
(d) To college.
9. Who hid what Hettie is looking for?
(c) The Sandman.
10. What does Sexton do at the beginning of Chapter 2?
(a) Pleads for his life.
(b) Reviews his day.
(c) Thinks about his suicide note.
(d) Talks to Didi.
11. What does Didi tell Hettie she will look for?
(a) Sexton's destiny.
(b) Hettie's heart.
(c) Her purpose.
(d) The future fate.
12. What does Didi pay for what she eats after leaving her apartment?
13. Who owns the Ankh?
(a) The Eremite.
(d) Mad Hettie.
14. What does the Eremite say the Ankh is worth?
(b) A fortune.
(c) A life.
(d) The world.
15. Why does Sexton say he will stay with Didi?
(a) He is worried about her.
(b) He has nothing better to do.
(c) He thinks he found his calling.
(d) He is falling in love with her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Eremite tell Sexton he is witnessing when they first meet?
2. How does Sexton know Hazel?
3. What does Didi say no human has?
4. What does the Eremite say Theo will get when he turns over the Ankh?
5. What does Didi get when she leaves the apartment?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)