|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sexton describe Foxglove's work?
2. What is the Eremite's name?
(c) He never gives one.
3. How does Sexton describe Theo?
4. How does Didi plan to travel after eating on the street with Sexton?
(a) A motorcycle.
(b) A cab.
(c) By foot.
(d) On the subway.
5. Where does the Eremite put his blood mixture?
(a) A locket.
(b) A beaker.
(c) A cup.
(d) A phial.
6. What does the Eremite say the Ankh is worth?
(b) A fortune.
(c) The world.
(d) A life.
7. How does Sexton know Theo?
(a) They work together.
(b) They go to school together.
(c) They are cousins.
(d) They are neighbors.
8. Why is Hettie unable to find what she is looking for on her own?
(a) She can't remember where it is.
(b) She can't read modern languages.
(c) It has been blocked from her all-seeing vision.
(d) Her brain has been addled.
9. What is The Undercut?
(a) A club.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) A bar.
(d) A salon.
10. What kind of recluse is the Eremite?
11. What is Sexton's father's name?
12. Why does Sexton say he will stay with Didi?
(a) He is falling in love with her.
(b) He thinks he found his calling.
(c) He is worried about her.
(d) He has nothing better to do.
13. How much does Didi pay for her ride to the Undercut?
14. How did the girl's friend try to commit suicide?
(a) She jumped off a bridge.
(b) She cut herself with a hunting knife.
(c) She took a lot of pills.
(d) She shot herself.
15. What does Didi say is part of the human condition?
(a) Having a strange sense of ideals.
(b) Living in confusion.
(c) Lying to themselves.
(d) Not knowing where to go.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Xerxes?
2. What does Sexton tell Didi he thinks about her after they leave her apartment?
3. Where does the girl who talks to Sexton about suicide say her friend went?
4. What does the Eremite tell Sexton he is witnessing when they first meet?
5. What does Didi want to do after eating outside of her apartment?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)