|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Didi say no human has?
(a) A sense of direction.
(b) A true joy.
(c) A reading on people.
(d) An honest heart.
2. How did the girl's friend try to commit suicide?
(a) She jumped off a bridge.
(b) She took a lot of pills.
(c) She shot herself.
(d) She cut herself with a hunting knife.
3. What is the Eremite's name?
(d) He never gives one.
4. Why is Hettie unable to find what she is looking for on her own?
(a) It has been blocked from her all-seeing vision.
(b) She can't read modern languages.
(c) Her brain has been addled.
(d) She can't remember where it is.
5. Who does the Eremite tell when he senses someone coming closer?
6. How does Sexton know Theo?
(a) They go to school together.
(b) They are neighbors.
(c) They are cousins.
(d) They work together.
7. How much does Didi pay for her ride to the Undercut?
8. Where does Did tell Hettie to go while she looks?
(a) The park.
(b) A cave.
(c) Her side.
(d) Her apartment.
9. How does Sexton know Hazel?
(a) She works at his school.
(b) She worked with his mother.
(c) She is his aunt.
(d) She is a neighbor.
10. What is The Undercut?
(a) A salon.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) A club.
(d) A bar.
11. Who owns the Ankh?
(a) Mad Hettie.
(d) The Eremite.
12. Where does Sexton talk about his desire to commit suicide?
(a) The Undercut.
(b) The park.
(d) The subway.
13. Who does Foxglove make art about?
(a) Her memories.
(b) Her sexual experiences.
(c) Dreams she has had.
(d) People who have died.
14. Why does the Eremite tell Sexton not to scream when they first meet?
(a) They will ruin his cause.
(b) It will cause them pain.
(c) It will alert the wrong people.
(d) Nobody will hear them.
15. What does the Eremite mix the blood with?
(a) His spit.
(b) Holy water.
(c) His blood.
Short Answer Questions
1. What amazes Sexton when he and Didi get to the Undercut?
2. What does the Eremite tell Sexton he is witnessing when they first meet?
3. Who wants to Ankh?
4. How does Theo die?
5. Who is most worried about Theo when he is injured?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)