|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sexton say he will stay with Didi?
(a) He is worried about her.
(b) He has nothing better to do.
(c) He is falling in love with her.
(d) He thinks he found his calling.
2. Who can the Eremite sense as they get closer?
(c) The Sandman.
(d) Mad Hettie.
3. What is the girl who Sexton talks to about suicide wearing?
(a) A cast.
(b) A mask.
4. What does the Eremite say Theo will get when he turns over the Ankh?
5. Why does Didi want Sexton to go with her and Theo?
(a) She is with him for the night.
(b) All of these.
(c) She wants to show him around.
(d) She doesn't want him to miss a good time.
6. How does Didi plan to travel after eating on the street with Sexton?
(a) On the subway.
(b) A cab.
(c) By foot.
(d) A motorcycle.
7. Where does the girl who talks to Sexton about suicide say her friend went?
(a) To the city.
(b) To her grandparents' house.
(c) To college.
(d) To a psychiatric hospital.
8. What is the Ankh?
(a) A symbol of life.
(b) A talisman.
(c) A symbol of death.
(d) A book.
9. What is wrong with the Eremite?
(a) He is deaf.
(b) He is mute.
(c) He is blind.
(d) He is lame.
10. What does the Eremite tell Sexton he is witnessing when they first meet?
(a) The triumph of good over evil.
(b) The end of death.
(c) The meeting of pleasure and pain.
(d) The unlocking of all knowledge.
11. Who does Sexton tell to pursue Foxglove and her work?
(a) An art collector.
(b) A record producer.
(c) A museum curator.
(d) A publisher.
12. Where does the Eremite take blood from?
(a) The lip.
(b) The hand.
(c) The ear.
(d) The cheek.
13. Why is Hettie unable to find what she is looking for on her own?
(a) Her brain has been addled.
(b) It has been blocked from her all-seeing vision.
(c) She can't remember where it is.
(d) She can't read modern languages.
14. What does Didi pay for what she eats after leaving her apartment?
15. What about Sexton does Didi lash out?
(a) His lack of faith.
(b) His fearful screaming.
(c) His unkind comments.
(d) His ambivalence.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Foxglove make art about?
2. Why does the Eremite strike a man?
3. Why did the girl's friend try to commit suicide?
4. Where does the Eremite put his blood mixture?
5. What does Didi get when she leaves the apartment?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)