|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Eremite say his blood mixture will do to mark what it can predict the coming of?
(d) Dry up.
2. Where does Hettie say she might find what she is looking for?
(a) Inside a duck.
(b) In the center of the earth.
(c) In a graveyard.
(d) In a necklace.
3. How does Didi plan to travel after eating on the street with Sexton?
(a) A motorcycle.
(b) By foot.
(c) A cab.
(d) On the subway.
4. Who hid what Hettie is looking for?
(b) The Sandman.
5. Why does Didi want Sexton to go with her and Theo?
(a) She is with him for the night.
(b) She wants to show him around.
(c) She doesn't want him to miss a good time.
(d) All of these.
6. What about Sexton does Didi lash out?
(a) His fearful screaming.
(b) His unkind comments.
(c) His lack of faith.
(d) His ambivalence.
7. How does Sexton know Theo?
(a) They are neighbors.
(b) They are cousins.
(c) They work together.
(d) They go to school together.
8. How does Sexton describe Theo?
9. What does the Eremite mix the blood with?
(a) His blood.
(c) His spit.
(d) Holy water.
10. How much does Didi pay for her ride to the Undercut?
11. Who does Didi take with her to look for something for Hettie?
(a) The Sandman.
(b) All of these.
12. What does Didi wonder about while eating after leaving the apartment?
(a) How Hettie found her.
(b) What makes hotdogs so good.
(c) Where she should go.
(d) Why Sexton has come along.
13. Why does the Eremite strike a man?
(a) He does not respect his omen.
(b) He gets excited to see Didi.
(c) He has a strange aura.
(d) He laughs at him.
14. Who can the Eremite sense as they get closer?
(c) The Sandman.
(d) Mad Hettie.
15. What does the Eremite say Theo will get when he turns over the Ankh?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sexton do at the beginning of Chapter 2?
2. Who does the Eremite tell when he senses someone coming closer?
3. How does Theo die?
4. How does Sexton know Hazel?
5. Why does the Eremite tell Sexton not to scream when they first meet?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)