|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the girl who talks to Sexton about suicide say her friend went?
(a) To college.
(b) To her grandparents' house.
(c) To a psychiatric hospital.
(d) To the city.
2. Where does the Eremite put his blood mixture?
(a) A locket.
(b) A cup.
(c) A phial.
(d) A beaker.
3. How does Sexton know Hazel?
(a) She is his aunt.
(b) She is a neighbor.
(c) She worked with his mother.
(d) She works at his school.
4. Who can the Eremite sense as they get closer?
(a) The Sandman.
(c) Mad Hettie.
5. Why does Didi want Sexton to go with her and Theo?
(a) All of these.
(b) She wants to show him around.
(c) She doesn't want him to miss a good time.
(d) She is with him for the night.
6. What does Didi wonder about while eating after leaving the apartment?
(a) How Hettie found her.
(b) Why Sexton has come along.
(c) What makes hotdogs so good.
(d) Where she should go.
7. Why does Sexton say he will stay with Didi?
(a) He thinks he found his calling.
(b) He has nothing better to do.
(c) He is worried about her.
(d) He is falling in love with her.
8. What does the Eremite tell Sexton he is witnessing when they first meet?
(a) The end of death.
(b) The meeting of pleasure and pain.
(c) The unlocking of all knowledge.
(d) The triumph of good over evil.
9. What is the Ankh?
(a) A symbol of death.
(b) A book.
(c) A talisman.
(d) A symbol of life.
10. Who hid what Hettie is looking for?
(a) The Sandman.
11. What does Didi talk about after Sexton tells her what he thinks about her?
(a) Her hair.
(c) His past.
(d) Hot dogs.
12. What does Didi get when she leaves the apartment?
(a) A bag of popcorn.
(b) A hotdog.
(c) A corn dog.
(d) A hamburger.
13. What is the Eremite's name?
(d) He never gives one.
14. How does Didi plan to travel after eating on the street with Sexton?
(a) A motorcycle.
(b) By foot.
(c) On the subway.
(d) A cab.
15. What amazes Sexton when he and Didi get to the Undercut?
(a) That nobody wonders who she is.
(b) That nobody charges Didi.
(c) That she is so happy.
(d) That she has so much money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does what Hettie is looking for belong to?
2. What is the noise Theo makes when he is injured?
3. What is wrong with the Eremite?
4. What is Xerxes?
5. What kind of recluse is the Eremite?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)