|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Theo get Didi to come with him?
(a) He gives her the secret password.
(b) He promises to buy her a hotdog.
(c) He promises her a good time.
(d) He tells her she is beautiful.
2. Why does Sexton say he will stay with Didi?
(a) He has nothing better to do.
(b) He thinks he found his calling.
(c) He is falling in love with her.
(d) He is worried about her.
3. What does Didi tell Hettie she will look for?
(a) Hettie's heart.
(b) Sexton's destiny.
(c) The future fate.
(d) Her purpose.
4. Who does Sexton tell to pursue Foxglove and her work?
(a) An art collector.
(b) A record producer.
(c) A publisher.
(d) A museum curator.
5. How did the girl's friend try to commit suicide?
(a) She cut herself with a hunting knife.
(b) She took a lot of pills.
(c) She jumped off a bridge.
(d) She shot herself.
6. What does Didi pay for what she eats after leaving her apartment?
7. What is Sexton's father's name?
8. What does the Eremite say his blood mixture will predict the coming of?
(a) Mad Hettie.
(b) The solstice.
(d) The millennium.
9. What is Foxglove's occupation?
10. What does the Eremite mix the blood with?
(a) His blood.
(c) Holy water.
(d) His spit.
11. What does Sexton do at the beginning of Chapter 2?
(a) Thinks about his suicide note.
(b) Pleads for his life.
(c) Reviews his day.
(d) Talks to Didi.
12. Where does the girl who talks to Sexton about suicide say her friend went?
(a) To college.
(b) To her grandparents' house.
(c) To the city.
(d) To a psychiatric hospital.
13. What amazes Sexton when he and Didi get to the Undercut?
(a) That nobody charges Didi.
(b) That she is so happy.
(c) That nobody wonders who she is.
(d) That she has so much money.
14. What does Didi want to do after eating outside of her apartment?
(a) Get her hair done.
(b) Go to a party.
(c) Get far away from Hettie.
(d) Make Sexton safe.
15. Why is Hettie unable to find what she is looking for on her own?
(a) Her brain has been addled.
(b) She can't remember where it is.
(c) It has been blocked from her all-seeing vision.
(d) She can't read modern languages.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Didi plan to travel after eating on the street with Sexton?
2. How does Theo die?
3. Where does the Eremite put his blood mixture?
4. What is Hazel's occupation?
5. Where does Hettie say she might find what she is looking for?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)