|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the girl's friend try to commit suicide?
(a) She shot herself.
(b) She cut herself with a hunting knife.
(c) She jumped off a bridge.
(d) She took a lot of pills.
2. Why does Sexton say he will stay with Didi?
(a) He thinks he found his calling.
(b) He has nothing better to do.
(c) He is falling in love with her.
(d) He is worried about her.
3. Where does Hettie say she might find what she is looking for?
(a) In the center of the earth.
(b) Inside a duck.
(c) In a necklace.
(d) In a graveyard.
4. What does Didi say no human has?
(a) A reading on people.
(b) A sense of direction.
(c) An honest heart.
(d) A true joy.
5. Where does the girl who talks to Sexton about suicide say her friend went?
(a) To the city.
(b) To college.
(c) To a psychiatric hospital.
(d) To her grandparents' house.
6. Who does the Eremite tell when he senses someone coming closer?
7. Who wants to Ankh?
(b) The Eremite.
8. Why does Didi want Sexton to go with her and Theo?
(a) She wants to show him around.
(b) All of these.
(c) She is with him for the night.
(d) She doesn't want him to miss a good time.
9. What does Didi tell Hettie she will look for?
(a) The future fate.
(b) Her purpose.
(c) Hettie's heart.
(d) Sexton's destiny.
10. Why did the girl's friend try to commit suicide?
(a) She didn't get into college.
(b) She watched her family die.
(c) She was gang raped.
(d) She was alone in the world.
11. Where does the Eremite put his blood mixture?
(a) A locket.
(b) A cup.
(c) A beaker.
(d) A phial.
12. Who does Didi take with her to look for something for Hettie?
(a) The Sandman.
(c) All of these.
13. How much does Didi pay for her ride to the Undercut?
14. What does Sexton do at the beginning of Chapter 2?
(a) Talks to Didi.
(b) Reviews his day.
(c) Pleads for his life.
(d) Thinks about his suicide note.
15. What is the Ankh?
(a) A symbol of death.
(b) A symbol of life.
(c) A talisman.
(d) A book.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Sexton's father's name?
2. What is Xerxes?
3. What does the Eremite say his blood mixture will do to mark what it can predict the coming of?
4. How does Sexton describe Theo?
5. What does the Eremite mix the blood with?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)