|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Eremite tell Sexton he is witnessing when they first meet?
(a) The end of death.
(b) The unlocking of all knowledge.
(c) The meeting of pleasure and pain.
(d) The triumph of good over evil.
2. Who is most worried about Theo when he is injured?
(b) The Eremite.
3. Who hid what Hettie is looking for?
(a) The Sandman.
4. How does Theo get Didi to come with him?
(a) He promises to buy her a hotdog.
(b) He gives her the secret password.
(c) He promises her a good time.
(d) He tells her she is beautiful.
5. What amazes Sexton when he and Didi get to the Undercut?
(a) That nobody charges Didi.
(b) That she has so much money.
(c) That she is so happy.
(d) That nobody wonders who she is.
6. What is the Ankh?
(a) A symbol of death.
(b) A book.
(c) A symbol of life.
(d) A talisman.
7. Where does Sexton talk about his desire to commit suicide?
(a) The park.
(b) The Undercut.
(d) The subway.
8. What does the Eremite say his blood mixture will predict the coming of?
(a) The millennium.
(b) The solstice.
(c) Mad Hettie.
9. Who does Didi take with her to look for something for Hettie?
(b) All of these.
(c) The Sandman.
10. What is Sexton's father's name?
11. Who does the Eremite tell when he senses someone coming closer?
12. Who wants to Ankh?
(d) The Eremite.
13. How does Theo die?
(a) His head is smashed on a wall.
(b) He commits suicide.
(c) He is shot.
(d) He falls off a wall.
14. Who does Sexton tell to pursue Foxglove and her work?
(a) A record producer.
(b) An art collector.
(c) A museum curator.
(d) A publisher.
15. What does the Eremite mix the blood with?
(a) Holy water.
(b) His blood.
(c) His spit.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the girl's friend try to commit suicide?
2. What is the noise Theo makes when he is injured?
3. What does Didi get when she leaves the apartment?
4. Where does the Eremite take blood from?
5. What does Didi say is part of the human condition?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)