|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Ankh?
(a) A talisman.
(b) A book.
(c) A symbol of life.
(d) A symbol of death.
2. How did the girl's friend try to commit suicide?
(a) She jumped off a bridge.
(b) She cut herself with a hunting knife.
(c) She took a lot of pills.
(d) She shot herself.
3. What does Didi say no human has?
(a) An honest heart.
(b) A sense of direction.
(c) A true joy.
(d) A reading on people.
4. Who does what Hettie is looking for belong to?
5. What does Sexton do at the beginning of Chapter 2?
(a) Talks to Didi.
(b) Reviews his day.
(c) Thinks about his suicide note.
(d) Pleads for his life.
6. What is the noise Theo makes when he is injured?
(a) A death rattle.
(b) A heart beating.
(c) A secret chant.
(d) A moan.
7. Why is Hettie unable to find what she is looking for on her own?
(a) She can't remember where it is.
(b) She can't read modern languages.
(c) Her brain has been addled.
(d) It has been blocked from her all-seeing vision.
8. How does Didi plan to travel after eating on the street with Sexton?
(a) A motorcycle.
(b) By foot.
(c) On the subway.
(d) A cab.
9. Where does Hettie say she might find what she is looking for?
(a) In the center of the earth.
(b) In a necklace.
(c) In a graveyard.
(d) Inside a duck.
10. What does the Eremite mix the blood with?
(a) His spit.
(b) His blood.
(d) Holy water.
11. What does Didi tell Hettie she will look for?
(a) Her purpose.
(b) Hettie's heart.
(c) Sexton's destiny.
(d) The future fate.
12. Who does the Eremite tell when he senses someone coming closer?
13. What does Didi say is part of the human condition?
(a) Not knowing where to go.
(b) Having a strange sense of ideals.
(c) Lying to themselves.
(d) Living in confusion.
14. Who does Didi take with her to look for something for Hettie?
(b) The Sandman.
(c) All of these.
15. Who can the Eremite sense as they get closer?
(a) The Sandman.
(b) Mad Hettie.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the girl's friend try to commit suicide?
2. Who wants to Ankh?
3. What does Sexton tell Didi he thinks about her after they leave her apartment?
4. What about Sexton does Didi lash out?
5. What does the Eremite tell Sexton he is witnessing when they first meet?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)