|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sexton's mother feel like doing at the beginning of the book?
(a) Home redecorating and painting.
(b) Meal planning.
(c) Spring cleaning.
(d) Early Christmas shopping.
2. What is the name of Sexton's mother?
3. What is wrong with Billy?
(a) He is in a wheelchair.
(b) He has no hair.
(c) He is deaf.
(d) He is anemic.
4. What does Sexton slip on when his mother sends him out?
(a) Some garbage.
(b) A scarf.
(c) A puddle.
(d) Some plastic bags.
5. How many girls is Hettie waiting for at the beginning of the book?
6. Where does Hettie wait for the girls at the beginning of the book?
(a) A store.
(b) An alley.
(c) A park.
(d) A basement.
7. What did Didi get great joy from while with Sexton?
(a) Sewing his shirt.
(b) Walking through the park.
(c) Eating an apple.
(d) Speaking with him.
8. What does Sexton say he thinks Didi really is after hearing what she thinks she is?
(c) An Actor.
9. What color is the bird delivered to Hettie?
10. What do people call Hettie?
(a) Old Hettie.
(b) Sly Hettie.
(c) Mad Hettie.
(d) Sweet Hettie.
11. How does Sexton feel when he first meets Didi?
12. What does the person threatening Sexton NOT want to do?
(a) All of these.
(b) Miss her.
(c) Hurt him.
(d) Continue living.
13. What is Mrs. Robbins first name?
14. Why does Hettie break the leg of one of the girls?
(a) They threatened her.
(b) They saw her signal.
(c) They said something rude to her.
(d) They brought her the wrong bird.
15. What purpose does Didi say her family served for her?
(a) They give her something to live for.
(b) They give her a way to fit in.
(c) They give her strength.
(d) They fill her with hope.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sexton trip on after leaving Didi's place?
2. Who does Sexton see when he leaves Didi's place?
3. Why does Sexton's mother send him out?
4. How did Hettie break the leg of one of the girls?
5. What does Didi tell the person threatening Sexton to do?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)