|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do the girls bring to Hettie at the beginning of the book?
(a) A dove.
(b) A sparrow.
(c) A pigeon.
(d) A swan.
2. What is Mrs. Robbins's occupation?
(b) Store owner.
3. What purpose does Didi say her family served for her?
(a) They give her strength.
(b) They fill her with hope.
(c) They give her something to live for.
(d) They give her a way to fit in.
4. What is the name of the girl with the broken leg?
5. What is the name of Sexton's mother?
6. How old does Didi tell Sexton she is?
(a) 3 weeks.
(b) 3 months.
(c) 3 days.
(d) 3 hours.
7. Who tells Sexton about why Didi lives alone?
(c) Mrs. Robbins.
8. What does Sexton suggest Didi do when she tells him how old she is?
(a) Stop lying.
(b) Go see a doctor.
(c) Take a nap.
(d) Tell the woman downstairs.
9. What is Mrs. Robbins first name?
10. What does the person threatening Sexton tell Didi Sexton will be used as?
(a) A road map.
(b) A bargaining chip.
(c) A good cover.
(d) A pawn in the game.
11. What does Sexton say he hoped Didi was when he met her?
(b) The same.
(c) In need.
12. What do people call Hettie?
(a) Mad Hettie.
(b) Sly Hettie.
(c) Old Hettie.
(d) Sweet Hettie.
13. What does Sexton get trapped under after he slips?
(a) A refrigerator.
(b) A car.
(c) A statue.
(d) A pile of wood.
14. Why was Sexton threatened when he left Didi's place?
(a) He seems threatening.
(b) He has Didi's scent on him.
(c) He looks like someone about to meet death.
(d) He came from Didi's house.
15. How does Sexton feel when he is threatened?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Didi say she gets to see?
2. Why does Hettie break the leg of one of the girls?
3. What does Sexton try to do when he leaves Didi's house?
4. How did Hettie break the leg of one of the girls?
5. What does Did offer to do for Sexton when they first meet?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)