|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do people call Hettie?
(a) Old Hettie.
(b) Sweet Hettie.
(c) Sly Hettie.
(d) Mad Hettie.
2. What does Sexton say he thinks Didi really is after hearing what she thinks she is?
(b) An Actor.
3. How does Sexton describe his life at the beginning of the book?
4. What is Sexton's last name?
5. What kind of place does Didi live in?
(a) An apartment.
(b) A condo.
(c) A palace.
(d) A hotel.
6. What is Mrs. Robbins's occupation?
(c) Store owner.
7. Why does Hettie break the leg of one of the girls?
(a) They brought her the wrong bird.
(b) They said something rude to her.
(c) They saw her signal.
(d) They threatened her.
8. What is the name of the girl with the broken leg?
9. What does Sexton's mother feel like doing at the beginning of the book?
(a) Meal planning.
(b) Spring cleaning.
(c) Early Christmas shopping.
(d) Home redecorating and painting.
10. What does Sexton suggest Didi do when she tells him how old she is?
(a) Take a nap.
(b) Stop lying.
(c) Tell the woman downstairs.
(d) Go see a doctor.
11. What is the name of Sexton's mother?
12. How old does Didi tell Sexton she is?
(a) 3 hours.
(b) 3 days.
(c) 3 months.
(d) 3 weeks.
13. What does the person threatening Sexton NOT want to do?
(a) Miss her.
(b) Hurt him.
(c) All of these.
(d) Continue living.
14. Why does Didi live alone?
(a) Her family died in an accident.
(b) She is living abroad.
(c) Her family kicked her out of her house.
(d) She ran away from her house.
15. What gets ripped when Sexton gets trapped under something?
(a) His shirt.
(b) His shoes.
(c) His bag.
(d) His jeans.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Hettie break the leg of one of the girls?
2. Where does Billy spend most of his time?
3. How many girls is Hettie waiting for at the beginning of the book?
4. What is wrong with Billy?
5. What is Sexton writing at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)