|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of place does Didi live in?
(a) An apartment.
(b) A palace.
(c) A hotel.
(d) A condo.
2. Who does Sexton see when he leaves Didi's place?
(a) A small child.
(b) An old woman.
(c) An old man.
(d) A tiny dog.
3. What does Hettie use the bird for?
(a) To heal her wounds.
(b) To have a meal.
(c) To entertain a guest.
(d) To see into the future.
4. What does Sexton's mother feel like doing at the beginning of the book?
(a) Meal planning.
(b) Home redecorating and painting.
(c) Spring cleaning.
(d) Early Christmas shopping.
5. Where does Sexton live?
(a) New York.
(b) Los Angeles.
6. How many girls is Hettie waiting for at the beginning of the book?
7. What is the name of the girl with the broken leg?
8. Where does Billy spend most of his time?
(a) In his room.
(b) On the porch.
(c) On the steps.
(d) In the hall.
9. What do people call Hettie?
(a) Sly Hettie.
(b) Sweet Hettie.
(c) Old Hettie.
(d) Mad Hettie.
10. Who tells Sexton about why Didi lives alone?
(a) Mrs. Robbins.
11. What color is the bird delivered to Hettie?
12. What does Sexton get trapped under after he slips?
(a) A statue.
(b) A pile of wood.
(c) A refrigerator.
(d) A car.
13. What purpose does Didi say her family served for her?
(a) They give her strength.
(b) They give her something to live for.
(c) They give her a way to fit in.
(d) They fill her with hope.
14. What does Didi tell Sexton she really is?
15. Why does Hettie break the leg of one of the girls?
(a) They saw her signal.
(b) They threatened her.
(c) They brought her the wrong bird.
(d) They said something rude to her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who threatens Sexton when he leaves Didi's place?
2. How does Sexton describe his life at the beginning of the book?
3. What is a Haruspex?
4. What did Didi get great joy from while with Sexton?
5. What does Sexton trip on after leaving Didi's place?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)