|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sexton's mother feel like doing at the beginning of the book?
(a) Home redecorating and painting.
(b) Meal planning.
(c) Spring cleaning.
(d) Early Christmas shopping.
2. Who does Sexton see when he leaves Didi's place?
(a) A small child.
(b) A tiny dog.
(c) An old man.
(d) An old woman.
3. What does Sexton try to do when he leaves Didi's house?
(a) Avoid the old woman.
(b) Help the man across the street.
(c) Cheer up the child.
(d) Pet the dog.
4. Where does Hettie wait for the girls at the beginning of the book?
(a) A basement.
(b) An alley.
(c) A park.
(d) A store.
5. How does Sexton describe his life at the beginning of the book?
6. What does the person threatening Sexton tell Didi Sexton will be used as?
(a) A good cover.
(b) A bargaining chip.
(c) A pawn in the game.
(d) A road map.
7. How long ago did Didi begin living alone?
(a) 1 week.
(b) 1 year.
(c) 1 month.
(d) 1 day.
8. Who tells Sexton about why Didi lives alone?
(a) Mrs. Robbins.
9. What do people call Hettie?
(a) Sly Hettie.
(b) Old Hettie.
(c) Sweet Hettie.
(d) Mad Hettie.
10. What is wrong with Billy?
(a) He is in a wheelchair.
(b) He is deaf.
(c) He has no hair.
(d) He is anemic.
11. Why does Didi live alone?
(a) Her family died in an accident.
(b) She ran away from her house.
(c) She is living abroad.
(d) Her family kicked her out of her house.
12. Who does Didi say she gets to see?
(c) Her family.
(d) The doctor.
13. What does Didi tell the person threatening Sexton to do?
(a) Leave him alone.
(b) Kill him.
(c) Go away.
(d) Explain things to him.
14. What does Sexton suggest Didi do when she tells him how old she is?
(a) Take a nap.
(b) Go see a doctor.
(c) Stop lying.
(d) Tell the woman downstairs.
15. What is Sexton's last name?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Sexton threatened when he left Didi's place?
2. What month does this book start in?
3. Where does Sexton go when his mother sends him out?
4. Who do the girls bring to Hettie at the beginning of the book?
5. How old does Didi tell Sexton she is?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)