|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the person threatening Sexton want from Didi?
(a) Her soul.
(b) Her fate.
(c) Her heart.
(d) Her death.
2. How does Sexton describe his life at the beginning of the book?
3. Where does Sexton go when his mother sends him out?
(a) A store.
(b) The dump.
(c) A park.
(d) The school.
4. What is Mrs. Robbins's occupation?
(d) Store owner.
5. How does Sexton feel when he is threatened?
6. What gets ripped when Sexton gets trapped under something?
(a) His shoes.
(b) His jeans.
(c) His shirt.
(d) His bag.
7. What does Sexton say he hoped Didi was when he met her?
(b) In need.
(d) The same.
8. What does Sexton trip on after leaving Didi's place?
(a) A trash bag.
(b) A sidewalk crack.
(c) A twig.
(d) A string.
9. Where does Billy spend most of his time?
(a) In the hall.
(b) On the porch.
(c) On the steps.
(d) In his room.
10. How many girls is Hettie waiting for at the beginning of the book?
11. How old is Sexton?
12. Who do the girls bring to Hettie at the beginning of the book?
(a) A pigeon.
(b) A sparrow.
(c) A swan.
(d) A dove.
13. What does Didi tell the person threatening Sexton to do?
(a) Leave him alone.
(b) Kill him.
(c) Go away.
(d) Explain things to him.
14. What does Didi tell Sexton she really is?
15. What is Mrs. Robbins first name?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Hettie live?
2. What is Sexton's last name?
3. What is Sexton writing at the beginning of the book?
4. Who tells Sexton about why Didi lives alone?
5. What does Sexton get trapped under after he slips?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)