|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sexton say when he sees a picture of Didi's family?
(a) He is sorry for her loss.
(b) It seems so strange.
(c) She doesn't fit there.
(d) They look nice.
2. How old is a Haruspex?
(a) 100 years.
(b) 150 years.
(c) 1,000 years.
(d) 250 years.
3. Who threatens Sexton when he leaves Didi's place?
(a) An old man.
(c) A Warlock.
4. What does Didi tell Sexton she really is?
5. Where does Sexton live?
(b) New York.
(d) Los Angeles.
6. What gets ripped when Sexton gets trapped under something?
(a) His bag.
(b) His jeans.
(c) His shirt.
(d) His shoes.
7. How long ago did Didi begin living alone?
(a) 1 day.
(b) 1 year.
(c) 1 week.
(d) 1 month.
8. What month does this book start in?
9. Who does Didi say she gets to see?
(b) The doctor.
(d) Her family.
10. What does Sexton try to do when he leaves Didi's house?
(a) Help the man across the street.
(b) Avoid the old woman.
(c) Cheer up the child.
(d) Pet the dog.
11. What does Sexton's mother feel like doing at the beginning of the book?
(a) Spring cleaning.
(b) Home redecorating and painting.
(c) Early Christmas shopping.
(d) Meal planning.
12. What did Didi get great joy from while with Sexton?
(a) Walking through the park.
(b) Sewing his shirt.
(c) Eating an apple.
(d) Speaking with him.
13. How old is Sexton?
14. Where does Billy spend most of his time?
(a) On the porch.
(b) In his room.
(c) On the steps.
(d) In the hall.
15. How does Billy communicate?
(a) With drawings.
(b) With grunts.
(c) With hand movements.
(d) All of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sexton say he thinks Didi really is after hearing what she thinks she is?
2. What does the person threatening Sexton say will be cut off first?
3. Why does Hettie break the leg of one of the girls?
4. Why was Sexton threatened when he left Didi's place?
5. Who do the girls bring to Hettie at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)