|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Didi live alone?
(a) Her family kicked her out of her house.
(b) She is living abroad.
(c) She ran away from her house.
(d) Her family died in an accident.
2. Where does Hettie live?
(a) New York.
(c) Los Angeles.
3. What is a Haruspex?
(a) A witch.
(b) A magician.
(c) A wizard.
(d) A troll.
4. What does Sexton suggest Didi do when she tells him how old she is?
(a) Stop lying.
(b) Go see a doctor.
(c) Tell the woman downstairs.
(d) Take a nap.
5. Where does Sexton go when his mother sends him out?
(a) The school.
(b) A park.
(c) A store.
(d) The dump.
6. What does Sexton get trapped under after he slips?
(a) A statue.
(b) A refrigerator.
(c) A car.
(d) A pile of wood.
7. Who tells Sexton about why Didi lives alone?
(a) Mrs. Robbins.
8. What is Sexton writing about at the beginning of the book?
(b) A dream.
(c) His father.
(d) His life.
9. Who does Sexton see when he leaves Didi's place?
(a) A small child.
(b) An old man.
(c) An old woman.
(d) A tiny dog.
10. What is Sexton threatened with after he trips while leaving Didi's place?
(a) A knife.
(b) A law suit.
(c) A broken bottle.
(d) A stick.
11. Why does Hettie break the leg of one of the girls?
(a) They threatened her.
(b) They saw her signal.
(c) They brought her the wrong bird.
(d) They said something rude to her.
12. What does Sexton say when he sees a picture of Didi's family?
(a) It seems so strange.
(b) She doesn't fit there.
(c) They look nice.
(d) He is sorry for her loss.
13. What does Sexton try to do when he leaves Didi's house?
(a) Avoid the old woman.
(b) Pet the dog.
(c) Cheer up the child.
(d) Help the man across the street.
14. Where does Sexton live?
(a) Los Angeles.
(d) New York.
15. What does Didi tell Sexton she really is?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Didi tell the person threatening Sexton to do?
2. What does Sexton say he hoped Didi was when he met her?
3. Who do the girls bring to Hettie at the beginning of the book?
4. What do people call Hettie?
5. What does Hettie use the bird for?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)