|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Sexton writing about at the beginning of the book?
(a) A dream.
(b) His life.
(c) His father.
2. What does Didi tell the person threatening Sexton to do?
(a) Go away.
(b) Kill him.
(c) Explain things to him.
(d) Leave him alone.
3. What does Sexton say he hoped Didi was when he met her?
(c) In need.
(d) The same.
4. What does Didi tell Sexton she really is?
5. Why was Sexton threatened when he left Didi's place?
(a) He has Didi's scent on him.
(b) He came from Didi's house.
(c) He looks like someone about to meet death.
(d) He seems threatening.
6. What color is the bird delivered to Hettie?
7. How long ago did Didi begin living alone?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 1 month.
(c) 1 day.
(d) 1 week.
8. What gets ripped when Sexton gets trapped under something?
(a) His shirt.
(b) His shoes.
(c) His bag.
(d) His jeans.
9. What does Sexton suggest Didi do when she tells him how old she is?
(a) Go see a doctor.
(b) Take a nap.
(c) Stop lying.
(d) Tell the woman downstairs.
10. How old is a Haruspex?
(a) 100 years.
(b) 1,000 years.
(c) 150 years.
(d) 250 years.
11. How old is Sexton?
12. What did Didi get great joy from while with Sexton?
(a) Walking through the park.
(b) Sewing his shirt.
(c) Eating an apple.
(d) Speaking with him.
13. Who does Didi say she gets to see?
(b) The doctor.
(d) Her family.
14. How old does Didi tell Sexton she is?
(a) 3 hours.
(b) 3 weeks.
(c) 3 months.
(d) 3 days.
15. What is Mrs. Robbins first name?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do the girls bring to Hettie at the beginning of the book?
2. How does Billy communicate?
3. What does the person threatening Sexton tell Didi Sexton will be used as?
4. What does Sexton say he thinks Didi really is after hearing what she thinks she is?
5. Where does Hettie live?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)