|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Didi get great joy from while with Sexton?
(a) Sewing his shirt.
(b) Walking through the park.
(c) Eating an apple.
(d) Speaking with him.
2. What is Hettie?
(a) A nymph.
(b) A devil.
(c) An angel.
(d) A witch.
3. How does Billy communicate?
(a) With grunts.
(b) All of these.
(c) With hand movements.
(d) With drawings.
4. Where does Billy spend most of his time?
(a) On the porch.
(b) In the hall.
(c) In his room.
(d) On the steps.
5. Where does Hettie live?
(a) New York.
(c) Los Angeles.
6. Why does Didi live alone?
(a) Her family kicked her out of her house.
(b) Her family died in an accident.
(c) She is living abroad.
(d) She ran away from her house.
7. What is Sexton writing at the beginning of the book?
(a) An essay.
(b) A short story.
(c) A note.
(d) A journal entry.
8. What is Mrs. Robbins's occupation?
(a) Store owner.
9. Where does Hettie wait for the girls at the beginning of the book?
(a) A basement.
(b) A store.
(c) An alley.
(d) A park.
10. What does Sexton's mother feel like doing at the beginning of the book?
(a) Home redecorating and painting.
(b) Spring cleaning.
(c) Meal planning.
(d) Early Christmas shopping.
11. What is Mrs. Robbins first name?
12. What does Didi tell Sexton she really is?
13. Where does Sexton go when his mother sends him out?
(a) The school.
(b) The dump.
(c) A store.
(d) A park.
14. What is Sexton's last name?
15. What is Billy's last name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hettie use the bird for?
2. How does Sexton feel when he is threatened?
3. Who do the girls bring to Hettie at the beginning of the book?
4. What does Sexton say he hoped Didi was when he met her?
5. What is the name of the girl with the broken leg?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)