|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sexton slip on when his mother sends him out?
(a) Some garbage.
(b) A scarf.
(c) Some plastic bags.
(d) A puddle.
2. What month does this book start in?
3. What does Did offer to do for Sexton when they first meet?
(a) Cheer him up.
(b) Be his friend.
(c) Clean him up.
(d) Sew his ripped clothing.
4. What does Sexton's mother feel like doing at the beginning of the book?
(a) Spring cleaning.
(b) Home redecorating and painting.
(c) Early Christmas shopping.
(d) Meal planning.
5. What is wrong with Billy?
(a) He is anemic.
(b) He is deaf.
(c) He is in a wheelchair.
(d) He has no hair.
6. How old is a Haruspex?
(a) 100 years.
(b) 1,000 years.
(c) 250 years.
(d) 150 years.
7. Who threatens Sexton when he leaves Didi's place?
(b) A Warlock.
(c) An old man.
8. How many girls is Hettie waiting for at the beginning of the book?
9. Who does Didi say she gets to see?
(c) Her family.
(d) The doctor.
10. Where does Sexton go when his mother sends him out?
(a) A park.
(b) The dump.
(c) A store.
(d) The school.
11. What kind of place does Didi live in?
(a) A condo.
(b) A hotel.
(c) An apartment.
(d) A palace.
12. Why does Hettie break the leg of one of the girls?
(a) They saw her signal.
(b) They said something rude to her.
(c) They brought her the wrong bird.
(d) They threatened her.
13. What is the name of Sexton's mother?
14. What does Hettie use the bird for?
(a) To entertain a guest.
(b) To see into the future.
(c) To have a meal.
(d) To heal her wounds.
15. What does Sexton trip on after leaving Didi's place?
(a) A twig.
(b) A sidewalk crack.
(c) A string.
(d) A trash bag.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Didi tell the person threatening Sexton to do?
2. What does Sexton say he thinks Didi really is after hearing what she thinks she is?
3. What is Mrs. Robbins first name?
4. How old does Didi tell Sexton she is?
5. Who does Sexton see when he leaves Didi's place?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)