|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the person threatening Sexton say will be cut off first?
(a) His toes.
(b) His ears.
(c) His nose.
(d) His fingers.
2. What does Sexton slip on when his mother sends him out?
(a) Some plastic bags.
(b) Some garbage.
(c) A puddle.
(d) A scarf.
3. What does Sexton try to do when he leaves Didi's house?
(a) Cheer up the child.
(b) Pet the dog.
(c) Avoid the old woman.
(d) Help the man across the street.
4. What does Didi tell Sexton she really is?
5. What is Mrs. Robbins's occupation?
(c) Store owner.
6. What is Hettie?
(a) A nymph.
(b) An angel.
(c) A witch.
(d) A devil.
7. What kind of place does Didi live in?
(a) A condo.
(b) A palace.
(c) An apartment.
(d) A hotel.
8. What is Sexton writing about at the beginning of the book?
(a) A dream.
(c) His life.
(d) His father.
9. What is Sexton's last name?
10. Why does Hettie break the leg of one of the girls?
(a) They said something rude to her.
(b) They saw her signal.
(c) They threatened her.
(d) They brought her the wrong bird.
11. What does Sexton say he thinks Didi really is after hearing what she thinks she is?
(d) An Actor.
12. Where does Hettie live?
(b) New York.
(d) Los Angeles.
13. What is the name of Sexton's mother?
14. Who do the girls bring to Hettie at the beginning of the book?
(a) A sparrow.
(b) A dove.
(c) A swan.
(d) A pigeon.
15. What does Didi tell the person threatening Sexton to do?
(a) Kill him.
(b) Leave him alone.
(c) Explain things to him.
(d) Go away.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Sexton?
2. What purpose does Didi say her family served for her?
3. Where does Sexton go when his mother sends him out?
4. What is Mrs. Robbins first name?
5. What did Didi get great joy from while with Sexton?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)