|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Did offer to do for Sexton when they first meet?
(a) Clean him up.
(b) Sew his ripped clothing.
(c) Be his friend.
(d) Cheer him up.
2. How many girls is Hettie waiting for at the beginning of the book?
3. What is Sexton writing at the beginning of the book?
(a) A journal entry.
(b) A short story.
(c) An essay.
(d) A note.
4. Who does Didi say she gets to see?
(c) The doctor.
(d) Her family.
5. What is the name of the girl with the broken leg?
6. What does the person threatening Sexton say will be cut off first?
(a) His ears.
(b) His fingers.
(c) His toes.
(d) His nose.
7. What does Sexton get trapped under after he slips?
(a) A pile of wood.
(b) A refrigerator.
(c) A statue.
(d) A car.
8. What is Mrs. Robbins first name?
9. Who do the girls bring to Hettie at the beginning of the book?
(a) A pigeon.
(b) A swan.
(c) A dove.
(d) A sparrow.
10. What did Didi get great joy from while with Sexton?
(a) Eating an apple.
(b) Walking through the park.
(c) Speaking with him.
(d) Sewing his shirt.
11. What does Didi tell the person threatening Sexton to do?
(a) Leave him alone.
(b) Go away.
(c) Explain things to him.
(d) Kill him.
12. What does Sexton say he thinks Didi really is after hearing what she thinks she is?
(d) An Actor.
13. What does the person threatening Sexton NOT want to do?
(a) Continue living.
(b) All of these.
(c) Hurt him.
(d) Miss her.
14. What color is the bird delivered to Hettie?
15. What is Mrs. Robbins's occupation?
(b) Store owner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sexton suggest Didi do when she tells him how old she is?
2. What does Sexton's mother feel like doing at the beginning of the book?
3. What purpose does Didi say her family served for her?
4. How does Billy communicate?
5. What does Sexton say he hoped Didi was when he met her?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)