|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What month does this book start in?
2. What is wrong with Billy?
(a) He is in a wheelchair.
(b) He is deaf.
(c) He has no hair.
(d) He is anemic.
3. How many girls is Hettie waiting for at the beginning of the book?
4. Where does Hettie wait for the girls at the beginning of the book?
(a) A store.
(b) An alley.
(c) A park.
(d) A basement.
5. What color is the bird delivered to Hettie?
6. Who does Didi say she gets to see?
(c) Her family.
(d) The doctor.
7. Where does Billy spend most of his time?
(a) In the hall.
(b) In his room.
(c) On the porch.
(d) On the steps.
8. What does Sexton try to do when he leaves Didi's house?
(a) Cheer up the child.
(b) Avoid the old woman.
(c) Help the man across the street.
(d) Pet the dog.
9. What does the person threatening Sexton NOT want to do?
(a) Continue living.
(b) Hurt him.
(c) All of these.
(d) Miss her.
10. Who do the girls bring to Hettie at the beginning of the book?
(a) A dove.
(b) A pigeon.
(c) A sparrow.
(d) A swan.
11. Where does Sexton live?
(a) Los Angeles.
(d) New York.
12. Who threatens Sexton when he leaves Didi's place?
(b) An old man.
(d) A Warlock.
13. Why does Sexton's mother send him out?
(a) He is running late.
(b) He is making her sad.
(c) She is cleaning.
(d) She needs something from the store.
14. What is the name of the girl with the broken leg?
15. What does Sexton say he hoped Didi was when he met her?
(c) In need.
(d) The same.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long ago did Didi begin living alone?
2. What does Sexton get trapped under after he slips?
3. What does Sexton's mother feel like doing at the beginning of the book?
4. Who tells Sexton about why Didi lives alone?
5. What kind of place does Didi live in?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)