|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Three, The High Cost of Living.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hettie use the bird for?
(a) To see into the future.
(b) To entertain a guest.
(c) To heal her wounds.
(d) To have a meal.
2. Who does Didi take with her to look for something for Hettie?
(b) The Sandman.
(c) All of these.
3. Where does Billy spend most of his time?
(a) On the porch.
(b) On the steps.
(c) In the hall.
(d) In his room.
4. What does the person threatening Sexton want from Didi?
(a) Her fate.
(b) Her death.
(c) Her soul.
(d) Her heart.
5. What part of the vacant building are Didi and Sexton trapped in?
(a) The fifth floor.
(b) The basement.
(c) The storage room.
(d) The attic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sexton give to Billy before returning home?
2. How does Sexton feel when he is threatened?
3. What does the person threatening Sexton say will be cut off first?
4. What does Sexton's mother feel like doing at the beginning of the book?
5. What is Hazel's occupation?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)