|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Three, The High Cost of Living.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do the girls bring to Hettie at the beginning of the book?
(a) A dove.
(b) A pigeon.
(c) A sparrow.
(d) A swan.
2. What does the Eremite tell Sexton he is witnessing when they first meet?
(a) The end of death.
(b) The triumph of good over evil.
(c) The meeting of pleasure and pain.
(d) The unlocking of all knowledge.
3. What is Billy's last name?
4. Why did the girl's friend try to commit suicide?
(a) She watched her family die.
(b) She didn't get into college.
(c) She was alone in the world.
(d) She was gang raped.
5. What caused Sexton to wish for death for the first time?
(a) His house burning down.
(b) His sister dying.
(c) His dad leaving.
(d) His mother getting re-married.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sexton say when he sees a picture of Didi's family?
2. What does Didi wonder while Sexton looks for useful weapons against the Eremite?
3. How much does Didi pay for her breakfast after being released?
4. What does Didi say is part of the human condition?
5. What does Sexton say he thinks Didi really is after hearing what she thinks she is?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)