|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Three, The High Cost of Living.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Hettie break the leg of one of the girls?
(a) She said a spell.
(b) She snapper her fingers.
(c) She snapped a twig.
(d) She touched her nose.
2. What do people call Hettie?
(a) Old Hettie.
(b) Sly Hettie.
(c) Mad Hettie.
(d) Sweet Hettie.
3. How did the girl's friend try to commit suicide?
(a) She cut herself with a hunting knife.
(b) She shot herself.
(c) She took a lot of pills.
(d) She jumped off a bridge.
4. Who do the girls bring to Hettie at the beginning of the book?
(a) A dove.
(b) A pigeon.
(c) A swan.
(d) A sparrow.
5. How does Sexton feel when he is threatened?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Theo get Didi to come with him?
2. What does Sexton try to do when he leaves Didi's house?
3. Why does Sexton's mother send him out?
4. Where does Sexton talk about his desire to commit suicide?
5. Where is Hettie's heart?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)