|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Three, The High Cost of Living.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Didi say is part of the human condition?
(a) Living in confusion.
(b) Not knowing where to go.
(c) Having a strange sense of ideals.
(d) Lying to themselves.
2. What do people call Hettie?
(a) Sly Hettie.
(b) Sweet Hettie.
(c) Old Hettie.
(d) Mad Hettie.
3. What does the person threatening Sexton tell Didi Sexton will be used as?
(a) A good cover.
(b) A pawn in the game.
(c) A road map.
(d) A bargaining chip.
4. How did Hettie know where Didi was?
(a) She sensed the sadness.
(b) Her heart began beating.
(c) Her age began showing.
(d) She read it in tea leaves.
5. Where does Didi disappear from Sexton's view?
(a) The graveyard.
(b) The hospital.
(c) Behind the trees.
(d) The fountain.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the Eremite put his blood mixture?
2. Where does Didi go after eating breakfast?
3. What is the girl who Sexton talks to about suicide wearing?
4. Where does Didi get all her knowledge?
5. How long ago did Didi begin living alone?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)