|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Three, The High Cost of Living.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Mrs. Robbins say Didi was born with?
(a) A heart defect.
(b) An addled mind.
(c) A blood disease.
(d) A brain tumor.
2. How often does Death become mortal?
(a) Once a century.
(b) Once a decade.
(c) Twice a century.
(d) Once a millennium.
3. What form does Death take when she becomes mortal?
4. What does Hettie use the bird for?
(a) To heal her wounds.
(b) To entertain a guest.
(c) To have a meal.
(d) To see into the future.
5. Why did the girl's friend try to commit suicide?
(a) She watched her family die.
(b) She was gang raped.
(c) She didn't get into college.
(d) She was alone in the world.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Eremite say his blood mixture will do to mark what it can predict the coming of?
2. Where does Hettie live?
3. Why does the Eremite tell Sexton not to scream when they first meet?
4. What does Sexton say he always wanted to fix when he was a child?
5. What does Sexton get trapped under after he slips?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)