|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Three, The High Cost of Living.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sexton try to do when he leaves Didi's house?
(a) Cheer up the child.
(b) Help the man across the street.
(c) Pet the dog.
(d) Avoid the old woman.
2. What raises Didi's spirits after she is released?
(a) Hearing kind words from Mrs. Robbins.
(c) Getting a hug from Sexton.
(d) Finding her Ankh.
3. What is the Eremite's name?
(a) He never gives one.
4. Why was Sexton threatened when he left Didi's place?
(a) He looks like someone about to meet death.
(b) He came from Didi's house.
(c) He seems threatening.
(d) He has Didi's scent on him.
5. Why did the girl's friend try to commit suicide?
(a) She was gang raped.
(b) She didn't get into college.
(c) She was alone in the world.
(d) She watched her family die.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hettie use the bird for?
2. What does Sexton think about after his day with Didi?
3. What did Mrs. Robbins say Didi was born with?
4. Where is Hettie's heart?
5. What does Sexton trip on after leaving Didi's place?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)